Alloggi Gerotto Calderan Reviews

Campo San Geremia, 283, Venice, Italy

Lockers are expected in each room for each person

• 6th Apr 2015
  • India

There is no elevator and the staircases are kind of small, so don't bring any oversized/ heavy luggage. There is no restaurant, but the staff will provide you with a discount coupon to be used on the café next doors, which is cozy and nice.

it's not a hostel, it's only a bed. no security, no locker, no breakfast. but the location is 3min walking from train station and public ship bus stop. you need 50 min to get to saint Mark Sq. considering the price it worths it.

The only good thing about this accommodation was its location; close to shops , train and bus station also los of restaurants. The staff where friendly and welcoming. There was no lockers, the room only has one key and every day between 10-2 there is a lock out where you can't go back to the hostel. Am good back to Venice and will not be going back to this place.

The location was everything for this hostel. I would stay again and recommend it for someone only staying one or two days. The only thing was the curfew was a little early, it's impossible not to get lost at some point and there was no lockers so we carried aroun a lot more stuff than we usually would but the hostel was very clean and staff friendly.

Everything is good except the price,a little expensive.

room number 420 its amazing place to live in venice :)

The location was really excellent! It was really close to the train station. So even with a heavy luggage it was easy to find this hostel. There was no elevator, but as the price is low for a hostel in venice, it was okay. It was very inconvenient that there is only one room key for one room, so everyone should share the room key. Other facilities were nice! Hot shower, comfortable beds and warm room

Its Venice, never been there before. Don't think I will go back. If I do, I would stay here because it is on par with the entire city. They have you captured there and know it. This is a great place to stay if you are doing like we did where you see the sights and get out.

As I already knew abou the stairs, they were not a big problems. The rooms were well cleaned and the staff very friendly, but the best quality was the location! in a short walk I could reach Rialto and San Marco, and the proximity with the station was very handy. Honestly, in a city like veneza, I didn't even miss a lounge or anything, as you can enjoy the night outside and meet people.

Everything was fine expect some parts. I felt really uncomfortable with one key for one room which is sharing 4 different people. And I was cold when I slept even though Venice was not really cold... No lift... But clean, nice staff, great location!!! ( it is near to train station and boat station)

Everything was great except that I got some very annoying bug bites that were not mosquitoes... I do not know if it was just my bad luck.

• 29th Nov 2014

Very close to train station! As stated elsewhere you only get one key per room. All nights I stayed someone would keep the key instead of giving it to the front office, so I regularly had to ask the front to open and lock my room. The place is average, nothing special for sure. I judge a place by wifi and day luggage storage, which the WiFi was incredibly bad and the luggage storage was questionably just an open room. Good company from other guests, but none of us were immense fans of the place.

The biggest turn off for us was when we were treated like children and forced to go to our rooms and go to bed because it was 2 am, despite just chatting very quietly in the lounge (hint its not a lounge its a luggage room with a single small table and 3 chairs). Or was the biggest turn off our bathroom smelling like steaming sewage? Anyway, great location and probably can't get much cheaper for Venice. Neither recommended nor not recommended. Uncomfortable beds.

The only good thing about this place is the location, close to the train & bus station, and not far away from main attractions. Dorms are relatively cheap, but they are poor as well. Everything seemed to be cleaned but the place was so old and smelly that I had the impression that this is the dirtiest place I've ever stayed at. The place closes at 1 am, so going out is not the best idea. A private double room was much better though. Generally, for one night this place is ok, but not for longer.

There is not a lounge where all travelers can be encouraged to hang out :(

• 13th Nov 2014

Good location to the station but not really to the main areas of Venice. Our room, though very very small, was very clean and the beds comfortable. Unfortunately we did not find the staff to be very helpful or friendly, bar one.

This hostel has good acommodations, but it's a simple hostel (there isn't atmosphere).

Good value of money considering it is in Venice. The room was QUITE small but still it is venice and for this price you can't expect too much. But it's very clean and tidy. Also very nice location since it is only 10min walk from the train station. After all this is a good pick.

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts