Alloggi Gerotto Calderan Reviews

Campo San Geremia, 283, Venice, Italy

Its Venice, never been there before. Don't think I will go back. If I do, I would stay here because it is on par with the entire city. They have you captured there and know it. This is a great place to stay if you are doing like we did where you see the sights and get out.

As I already knew abou the stairs, they were not a big problems. The rooms were well cleaned and the staff very friendly, but the best quality was the location! in a short walk I could reach Rialto and San Marco, and the proximity with the station was very handy. Honestly, in a city like veneza, I didn't even miss a lounge or anything, as you can enjoy the night outside and meet people.

Everything was fine expect some parts. I felt really uncomfortable with one key for one room which is sharing 4 different people. And I was cold when I slept even though Venice was not really cold... No lift... But clean, nice staff, great location!!! ( it is near to train station and boat station)

Everything was great except that I got some very annoying bug bites that were not mosquitoes... I do not know if it was just my bad luck.

• 29th Nov 2014

Very close to train station! As stated elsewhere you only get one key per room. All nights I stayed someone would keep the key instead of giving it to the front office, so I regularly had to ask the front to open and lock my room. The place is average, nothing special for sure. I judge a place by wifi and day luggage storage, which the WiFi was incredibly bad and the luggage storage was questionably just an open room. Good company from other guests, but none of us were immense fans of the place.

The biggest turn off for us was when we were treated like children and forced to go to our rooms and go to bed because it was 2 am, despite just chatting very quietly in the lounge (hint its not a lounge its a luggage room with a single small table and 3 chairs). Or was the biggest turn off our bathroom smelling like steaming sewage? Anyway, great location and probably can't get much cheaper for Venice. Neither recommended nor not recommended. Uncomfortable beds.

The only good thing about this place is the location, close to the train & bus station, and not far away from main attractions. Dorms are relatively cheap, but they are poor as well. Everything seemed to be cleaned but the place was so old and smelly that I had the impression that this is the dirtiest place I've ever stayed at. The place closes at 1 am, so going out is not the best idea. A private double room was much better though. Generally, for one night this place is ok, but not for longer.

There is not a lounge where all travelers can be encouraged to hang out :(

• 13th Nov 2014

Good location to the station but not really to the main areas of Venice. Our room, though very very small, was very clean and the beds comfortable. Unfortunately we did not find the staff to be very helpful or friendly, bar one.

This hostel has good acommodations, but it's a simple hostel (there isn't atmosphere).

Good value of money considering it is in Venice. The room was QUITE small but still it is venice and for this price you can't expect too much. But it's very clean and tidy. Also very nice location since it is only 10min walk from the train station. After all this is a good pick.

It's a good hostel for one night and maybe a second night great location right next to the train station otherwise good location and nice people

better can use VIsa and tell us cannot use before the arrival

Good hostel for short say, and good value for money. Stayed just one night in a 4 bed private room with attached washroom. Good location and lot of good restaurants near by the hostel.

This hostel-hotel hybrid is a fine place to stay for a night or two. Not thrilled about one key rule which is very odd, but the location is amazing. It's right by the train station which is handy when you get lost in Venice. Just ask a local the way to the station and you're good. Not worth it for the price but options are limited for budget travellers in Venice.

The hostel is actually very good. It is very close to the central station (5 minutes by feet) and the rooms are much more similar to a hotel than to a hostel. The wifi is good, but there is no breakfast in the hostel, they offer you a 50% discount in the coffee next door, but you still probably spend more than 7/8 euros.

They only have one key per room, but it is a better system then it sounds. It is in a PERFECT location just three minutes from the main Venezia S. Lucia Station. They offer towels for 1 euro and clean the rooms everyday from 10:30am-2:00pm where you cannot go back into your room at the time. It was a perfect stay for my two nights in Venice! I would definitely recommend it!

Nothing bad to say about this hostel especially considering how few and expensive living accommodations in Venice are. The only thing to note is that there is only one key for all 6 people in the room that has to be returned to reception when you leave. Did not serve as an inconvenience to me but just worth noting

Location is ok, but room ia too small

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Our room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Well located, two blocks from a street full of restaurants and peacefully bars. Personal very helpful, they give information of where to go, what to do...

View all Venice Bed and Breakfasts