Alloggi Gerotto Calderan Reviews

Campo San Geremia, 283, Venice, Veneto, Italy

The location is great and we loved our stay at this hostel. They have an arrangement for a discount on meals at the cafe next door, which made breakfast (a cappucino and a croissant) only 2.50 Euro, which was really nice. I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

An ok hostel/hotel, Venice is expensive but it's worth the extra money to be on the island itself, this place is fantastically close to the train station and the staff are ok, apart from that, not much going for it. Wifi ok but you have to sit in reception, you get money off the cafe next door as well.

This place was very clean. However, I stayed in a 4 person dorm and the beds were very close together, which was a little awkward when you're by yourself and don't know anyone else. The bathroom door didn't lock, and I would have preferred to lock the door when I showered since I was in a mixed dorm. Location was good. Close to the train station and short walk to other parts of Venice (although Venice is a small place anyway). Staff was nice and helpful.

Good location, nice price, good toilets and beds. no breakfest, wet in the rooms, old repair and very loud cleaning in the morning. if you want to sleep in the morning, don't take rooms 111, 112 and 113. but in any case i'll stay there next time. stuff is very friendly and for this price it's difficult to find better in Venice

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Ukraine

First you have to keep in mind that taxes will be added to the price you see in hostelworld.com. Except for one girl, the staff in general is not polite and act as they are at their own houses (not in the good sense). The wifi was impossible to use from the room: if you wanted to connect you had to go to the reception area (apparently it was not just me with this problem...). They have 4 floors and no elevators.

The location was very good, but there was only one card key, and it was unconvenience. I saw free internet access at the option, but there wasn't computer. The room was too cold.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

almost is good. but I hope to anounce to about this. room key is just one though domitory 6people. so that was discomfortable to us. but location is good! thank you:)

Didn't have a kitchen. You have to let pass the food to the reception. Wifi wasn't excellent.

Five beds in a room that could only have four beds. There was a wardrobe, but the fifth bed was blocking it. Then, what's the point of having a wardrobe? There was not enough space to put our stuff down. Furthermore, in order to get to the hostel part, you first have to go to a separate building to check in. There is only one key for each room, so it's really inconvenient when you and your hostel-mates have different schedules. Don't stay here.

They are composed of two buildings. The older building is bad as you cannot access wifi there. And the two beds are stick together even in a mixed room, it's a bit ridiculous. And, there is only an air-conditioner in the room for the new building but not a heater , but the temperature keeps staying 25 degree which is too cold for winter because outside is -2 degree! I wonder how they can have a lot of good comments

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

it was amazing and quite easy to locate, i enjoyed everything asides the 10-2 lockout, because one time i wanted to sleep in and had to excuse them to clean, but they let me go back in once they were done, cos i had a flu, as it rained the day before.. generally i give them a 7/10

A really nice hostel at a really nice place. So close to the train station. Staff is friendly. I liked it.

This hostel was convenient because it was a two minute walk from the train station. It was also very clean. It was a little weird that there was only one key per room, and the lockout time during the day was a little pesky, but it was nice to be assured that the hostel was being cleaned each day. We had to sit in the lobby to get any kind of a wifi signal, but other than that the stay was pretty good.

The set-up is strange. The value not great for what I paid, especially compared to other hostels I've stayed in. There needs to be some upgrading on bathroom facilities and wifi capabilities.

• 30th Oct 2013

insect repellent used is too strong. I ended up having a blocked nose!

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Malaysia

Location was great. 2 minute walk from train station. Had to walk up 5 flights of stairs to get to our room with our luggage. We knew this would be the case from previous reviews... but it was still a long way up! Rooms were basic. Quiet - although we did share a room with a guy who clearly thought snoring was an Olympic sport and was going for gold! Wasn't really a place to hang out but that was fine as we were not in Venice to stay indoors at our hostel! Would stay here again.

The hostel is ok, very clean, good located near the santa lucia station. But its so expensive for what it is offer. The owners are very kind and helfull. But you have to pay for everything: internet, maps, etc. They don't aceppt crédit cards! All in venice is expensive. We only expend one day. I will not visit venice again, there are other places in italy more beautiful and cheaper!!

• 22nd Oct 2013