Alma Porto Hostel

Very Good 348 Total Reviews

• Argentina, Couple, 31-40
30th Aug 2017
8.0

Very nice hostel experience for us. We stayed in a shared room and everything was better than expected. Ambient is cool and public rooms are great: living room, terrace, kitchen. They have a sink ti wash clothes, space for tents, nice breakfast, good wifi, lockers. Maybe maitresses are not the best, little hard, but ok for what you pay i guess. Also there is a volunteer program going on with lots of young people working in exchange for hostelling. Nice hostel to stay in Porto.

• LilyMayBaron
  • England, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2017

This is exactly what a hostel should be. When I arrived I was welcomed and offered to join everybody for a meal. Everyone there was friendly and building itself was nice. I would recommend this hostel

• JOSFSOLIVEIRA5048
  • Portugal, Male, 25-30
9th Aug 2017
6.3

Overall a nice hostel in a fairly good location (around the corner to Capa Negra, which is not what it used to be [you'll be better off walking to Bufete Fase]). It does have not enough toilets or showers. It lacks the amenities to provide an atmosphere for proper socialization, it feels cold in that way. Rooms facing the street can be noisy.

• Spain, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

It was fantastic, exactly what a hostel should be. Great atmosphere and friendly staff, nice and ample common spaces and affordable price.

3rd Jul 2017

Picked this place because of free breakfast. it was alright.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2017

I was only here for one night but I enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and my bed was very comfortable

6th Jun 2017
6.3

Well located, near to train Station and the metro. At check in I was left waiting for 20 mins before asking if somebody could show me around. She said 'The room is on the top floor. I leave soon'. I made my way up. The room was large and clean but the lockers were a little flimsy. The hostel stated it had a 24hr reception. When i needed to check out at 7am, there was nobody around. I couldn't get my key deposit back. Not impressed.

4th Jun 2017

It definitely depends on the type of person you are and who is working when you arrive, but I was lucky and had a wonderful time. The people working there are traveling through workaway as am I, so I got along with then and enjoyed them very much. The house is absolutely gorgeous, I'd stay in again in a heart beat. You can't​ beat the price. It is far away and the showers are very small, so best be comfortable with nudity.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th May 2017
8.0

Had a good stay here, the breakfast is reasonable but the beds smelt a bit funny. Location was a little out of the way but for the price it was nice.

24th May 2017

Great garden and friendly staff

×