Alma de Santa Guest House Reviews

Rua Andrés Belo 15, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We loved the kitten!

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed (and the best in Brazil). The staff is very nice and always willing to help. The breakfast is delicious and very complete. Its not far from the subway and bus station, from which you can go everywhere in Rio. And the house itself... gorgeous and very well mantained, with a great view to the mountain. On top of it, you feel you are really in Rio and not in a foreign neighbourhood stuck in the city! I ended up staying a more days than planned. Love it!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Obrigada por se hospedar conosco Pedro, você agora é mais que um hóspede, um amigo.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The self service bar was great, as was the full breakfast. Facilities had everything I needed. I would stay there again!

Thank you, you are very welcome, we are happy you enjoyed it.

I had a good time in alma de Santa Guesthouse. It was just very difficult to find, there are no signs at the door, not even the neighbours know about the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Probably the nicest dormitory I stayed on my 2 month trip. A spacious bedroom with just single beds inside. The house was very clean! The breakfast was not the best but very flexible with times they offered me food even at noon time.

Hello, we are happy you enjoyed. The best part "the nicest dormitory I stayed on my 2 month trip", we loved that and we work hard to improve more.

A very good base if you want to really explore Santa Teresa, Lapa and downtown Rio. Close to Copacabana and Ipanema by metro. Nice house, lots of information.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Alma de Santa is small, familiar and friendly. Very close to everything in Santa Teresa and Lapa, yet a quiet location, no cars passing by. Breakfast is pretty standard for Brazil, but does its job. Self service 'bar' and a nice little garden to enjoy it in. The en suite double room, AC - so not perhaps the best choice for the hottest months. There is a ceiling fab, but its speed can't be adjusted so was running on 'high' and was noisy so we could not sleep with it on. Great shower, nice staff.

Extremely friendly English, French and Portuguese speaking staff. We were helped so good with all our traveling questions. It's got a really good location to walk to all the atmospheric bars and restaurants in Lapa. Busses stop near the hostel (5min walk). The hostel has a nice garden, provides lockers, clean towels, pretty good showers. We already made a reservation at this same hostel for the end of our trip in 2014. It's that good!

Not far from Santa Teresa, rather standard hostel.

Loved it. Super friendly staff, peaceful/quiet hostel which is just what we needed. Clean, safe, great.

Thank you for staying with us, we are always working to offer the best services.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels