Alma de Santa Guest House Reviews

Rua Andrés Belo 15, Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Alma Santa is one of the best hostel/ guest houses I have stayed in. I've been all over Europe and South America and this place is unique. Friendly and helpful staff; Paulo, Dani and Alexander are a delight and super charming. The breakfast is good, the showers are great, beds comfortable and the backyard very peaceful. It is great value for your money. There is a bit of a climb up stairs to get there but totally worth the climb. Lovely overall, highly recommended!

• 23rd Jan 2016

We have never ever enjoyed such friendly, helpful and outstanding staff. Unless you are disabled or extremely geriatric dont even consider going anywhere else.

This is a great hostel. The staff are super super friendly. The breakfast is way above average. It felt really clean and there is really good security as well as lockers in the room. A really nice bar and outdoor area and the showers are amazing. Paolo is really funny and fun. The location is close to a metro, but you have to walk up stairs. I just love this hostel. It was cheap too.

the location of the hostel was good- 5 to 10 minutes walk to metro. the only challenge was the hostel is located near to the top of steep stairs. it may not look much on the outside and it is in Santa Teresa but the staff, atmosphere, and everything else was amazing.

Great and in Santa Teresa. Staff were helpful, a great couple that live the street that hang out at the hostel and will take you to parties, and seen a shower that looked that in a hostel !

Perfect hostel with very good, helpful and friendly staff. Location is perfect, being close to metro station and lots of affordable supermercados. They have all accomodations. Breakfasts were generous and delicious. I spent nearly 2 weeks there and felt like home. When I'll go back to Rio, I'll defenitively book again at that place. Also important to mention : Very safe location. Thanks to Flavia, Silvia, Paolo and other members of the staff for making my stay so enjoyable in Santa Theresa.

Nice hostel, Silvia the host is charming, the place has a lot of charm and atmosphere. Requires to hike up a bit, but then you are also closer to Santa Teresa so it's a reasonable compromise

Really enjoyed my stay at Alma de Santa Guest House. It's not too far from Gloria metro and up a few steps. Close to Lapa and Santa Teresa and you can get the free tram to the top of the hill. Great breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing building, big shower and bathroom. Lovely decor inside and fancy finger print scanner at the door. Great bar and kitchen facilities also. Highly recommended if you want somewhere stylish, tranquil and away from the horrible hostels in Copacabana

watch out; the finger print scanner allowing to open the door worked fine at night but did not work when we came back during the night. luckily some other guests were still awake and heard us. Otherwise, very clean and comfy hostel with a super friendly and helpful staff.

Our door sensor always guaranteed 100% guest input, we apologize if for some reason failed if he had reported the problem to our staff could see what was the reason. We are always working to improve our service and proporcinar the best stay. Thank you for staying with us it was a great pleasure to have you here.

Bathrooms should be cleaned more often

Relaxing and chilled place to stay with good location and breakfast. Very helpful staff! We stayed here for a few nights before heading to Copacabana

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great and the garden was a real bonus. We had a private room that was well equipped with a fan and very nicely decorated.

Alma de Santa is in a good location, close to some local restaurants and bars and a little out of the way of the noisier areas. The hostel is very secure which looks a bit uninviting from the outside, but once you go through the front door it's a little oasis - very clean, with a beautiful garden, relaxed atmosphere and welcoming staff who were happy to help with trips and recommendations for things to do in the area. We would definitely stay there again.

Nice guesthouse in the middle of Santa Tereza. Super nice staff, which helps you out in every situation with every problem. The showers were the absolute highlight! But a brush-up of the place wouldn't be a bad idea... everything looks a bit scruffy.

I stayed there for almost two months and I loved my stay there! The place is beautiful, has a cozy feeling and the all the staff are very good people.The place is clean and it's very quiet when you are about to sleep, which is nice. I've slept in both dorms and one private room and I would recommend them all. :)

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Alma de Santa is a very tidy, nice but also a bit quiet guest house. Probably because of low season we didn't meet people there. But that also made our stay very relaxing and peaceful. The location is nice, very close to santa Theresa and in the middle of Lapa. (Its a little bit hard to find since there's no sign at the door) the owner is very nice and helpful, thanks!

Super friendly staff, great facilities (AMAZING bathroom), a nice location, near the subway, complete breakfast, great place! Only question: they have a cat, so it might be a problem for some people (I didn't love the idea, but ok)

• 20th Jul 2015

Great staff, service, location, atmosphere. Felt very welcome :)

A brilliant family run hostel in a popular area close to the metro station and bus route. Flavia, her husband and staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is substantial and the caipirinhas at the small bar in the courtyard in the evenings are amazing! The hostel is located on a street which is actually a staircase, quite steep, so wouldn't really suit anyone with mobility problems.

• 8th Feb 2015

This is one of the nicest hostels that I stayed at in Brazil. It was very clean with helpful staff, and a great location near the city center.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels