Almaa Sintra Hostel Reviews

Quinta dos Lobos, Caminho dos Frades, Sintra, Portugal

Great place to stay!!!!

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Israel

magic place on a fairytale location, a rustic and calm atmosphere, great space and possibilities

Fantastic place that is very well run. Nice to find a place that is relaxed and social but not the dreaded "party hostel". A place to have a holiday from the more intense travelling in the cities. 3 bed dorm really spacious and light.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in, it has a very relaxed atmosphere. People of all ages, all nationalities. Lots of information about the site and things to do in and around Sintra. The beds are sooo comfy!

The hostel is very beautiful and paceful, with everything I could need and the staff always willing to help. I'll definitely stay there again!

• 1st May 2014
  • Spain

A nice place, clean with a cool set up, the place is set in nature, I could see the meditaranian from my window. Only suggestion for improvement is to improve the wifi, its in one room only. Other than that, great place

I loved the location removed from the town, but other people might prefer to be closer. The kitchen was great for when there are not very many people cooking. Deep wide bathtub sink, gas stove, good amount of equipment available. Breakfast of fresh bread with jam and museli was great. Loved that there was soy milk. Beds were very comfortable. Really enjoyed the candles and fire at night time.

I loved the quirkiness of this hostel. It was very charming and the staff were kind and helpful. They offered exercise classes every day in the garden and also massages. The location is amazing and very peaceful.

I stayed at Almaa Sintra Hostel for 2 nights and absolutely loved my stay. The hostel is located in a beautiful area with wonderful views. It is on a spacious property where you can walk or suntan, and there are goats and chickens there to look at. :) It is 5-10 minutes walk from Regaleira Palace. It has colorful quite beautiful design, very clean and cozy. Great stuff, welcoming and friendly. Breakfast is included, and coffee, tea and some fruit like apples are available all day long.

The gentleman working the desk in the morning from Argentina was awesome very helpful with everything we asked of him

Beautiful location, beautiful hostel. Easy 10 minute walk from train station.

You better be in shape to stay here. I timed the 20 min. walk uphill to the main square, lots of stairs. Only 1 outlet in the 8 room dorm w/no wifi except the common room which only had 2. Costs 7-8 euro for the taxi from the bus/train. The breakfast is good, staff so friendly, beds comfy, they made a fire every night. I think this hostel is overpriced.

Loved my stay at this eco friendly hostel. I had the best time. Wished i could have stayed longer but unfortunately had a flight out of Lisbon. This hostel is unique. Everyone is friendly, helpful and it has a very social atmosphere. Sintra is a great place to visit for a few days and this hostel adds to your Sintra experience.