Almaa Sintra Hostel Reviews

Quinta dos Lobos, Caminho dos Frades, Sintra, Portugal

I really enjoyed my 2 day a long stay in Almaa. I could take care ofof my basic needs perfectly well and the atmosphere created by other travellers and the staff was very convivial. One thing that you should know: it is located at about 20 minutes of walking from the train station, so if you have a 25kg luggage to carry and no budget for a taxi, it's gonna be a tough walk...

The hotel wasn't Clean and I don't like dog inside Rooms and kitchen.

• 26th Oct 2015

We had a very nice stay and enjoyed the atmosphere a lot!

• 12th Oct 2015

Great atmosphere in a beautiful setting w/ friendly staff, but there was a lot of mold on the bedroom walls, and heavy mold smell in room. Also, there was no place to hang towels in or outside of the shower stall where they were handy, but not getting wet.

• 10th Oct 2015

Very good place!

very happy to find people involve in ecologie, a good way of life.

• 27th Sep 2015

A special place & project. A little off the tourist trail, but still easy walking distance to the centre, this is a unique & friendly hostel operating with a valuable awareness of the environment. It was quiet when we stayed there (mid-September), so it was no problem sharing bathroom & shower facilities (though I guess it may be busier in mid-summer). We will definitely stay there again.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

The hostel ist wonderful! Interesting concept, very motivated staff, wonderful house, good food, I can only recommend it!

I like there so so do much There was special for me

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Iran

Could have got stuck here for weeks. Exactly the restful and relaxing place I needed after months of travelling. It set just outside town 5-10 mins walk, easy bus ride in an old house amongst Lushish gardens. It is clean and well maintained. The breakfast is beautiful with fresh bread. The kitchen facilities are amazing. They have activities such as yoga, meditation cooking classes, And have family dinners every night. The best was the crowd, this hostel attracts interesting like-minded traveler

A lovely peaceful hostel - the perfect place to get away from it all for a few days. There is a calm atmosphere in the hostel and its extensive and beautiful grounds, and a lovely view. I'd highly recommend staying here and viewing the sights of Sintra early in the morning or late at night to beat the crowds (mostly day trippers from Lisbon).

the hostel customers must come back before 12pm (no possibility to get a key to enjoy the city or have a drink in the medieval pub inside the property In addition there isn´t electricity in the room at nights to recharge your telephone or whatever. This is not said when you arrive, so probably you are without battery during next day. The hostel is located in a beautiful place, sharing a comfortable living room, big kitchen and huge gardens. Although beds have a mattress too thin, uncomfortable

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Dear Ruth, We are sorry that you have complains about Almáa. Nevertheless we should clarify your complains at least for the sake of others costumers. In fact we close the front door around midnight but as we explained at check-in you can call us at any time and we open the door. As what the electricity is concerned we do have electricity all day long everywhere. You just have to connect the electrical outlets that are in the wall. Warm regards, João