8.4
Fabulous 706 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 706 Total Reviews
Alobar1000 Located at 214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu.
Nepal
Kathmandu 214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29
84% 706
27.7156783 85.3142451
    Rooms available

30th Jul 2016

Great hostel in good location in THAMEL. Only bad parts are bathrooms are a little grim and its down a muddy back path off a main road. But hey it's Nepal. Atmosphere is like no other hostel I've been in. So great! Staff will hold your luggage for real cheap if you're trekking and wifi worked well too!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

Extremely social, fun loving atmosphere. The mattresses are quite hard, so wouldn't do your back any good for a long stay over. Greatest hostel vibes I've ever witnessed!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2016

What a hostel!!! Absolutely amazing place to stay with the most amazing guests. I don't know what it is about this place but it attracts the best kind of people. All of the food is really good and reasonably priced. The only thing I would say is that sometimes there are cold showers but I never reported this (it happened twice) and a sign does say let reception know and they will sort it out for you. My own fault really! Highly recommend! Especially as a solo traveller.

8th Jul 2016

Tons of common areas with open areas to meet people, which is great; food at the restaurant is good and pretty well priced for Kathmandu. Staff is friendly and helpful, and the travel desk attached to the hostel is really helpful when planning as well. Filtered water available for 10 rupees/liter. The 12 bed dorm can be noisy, as it's next to reception, and can also get warm in the summer as there's no fans, but it was so much cooler than India that I didn't really mind. Social place!

7th Jul 2016

Overall good stay. Good location, staff super friendly and helpful - always said hello when we walked in. Good wifi in the common room but didn't stretch as far as the dorms - not an issue for us but might be for some.

• bobtod
  • England, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2016

I have been traveling now for 5 months, I have stayed at many places but I would have to say this is by far the best. I live here on and off while I am in Nepal and I love it, the staff are amazing people and just so friendly, I hang out with the girls at the front desk most days and they are suck nice people and very funny. If your looking for a friendly vibe and a nice place to relax while meeting new people this is the place to be.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2016

nicest staff ever! super central, bathroom was always clean! Love the rooftop!

25th May 2016

The kind of place you can easily get stuck. With a chill rooftop and a bar and kitchen, there's no need to leave :) Sometimes the bathrooms ran out of toilet paper. My room (12 person dorm) was right next to reception and could be a bit loud. Great location - right in Thamel but down an alley so no street noise. Overall, really good value. Would stay again

24th May 2016

Best Hostel in Thamel and Best most comfortable Hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect location with everything close, staff is the coolest and is more like family; Samten, Pasang, Tina, Tashi, Prince, Prakash, Anju and Sushant all made my stay perfect with Anju and Tashi Doma being the coolest. Bar and restaurant on roof so very social plus security always at gate so no worries.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
9th May 2016
7.1

Often has power cuts and the water was also not working for a while during my stay. Communal areas are great, rooms basic and toilet/shower area grim. But out of the way in Thames as well. When I returned to Kathmandu I stayed elsewhere, which says it all really