Alobar1000 Reviews

214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu, Nepal

This place is suitable for travelers who are on a budget, pillow and comforter are provided, though you may not use much of it if you're traveling in June and July in Kathmandu. There is a travel desk service provided, but similar to any country you visit, I would recommend that you do a few more research in terms of price and services before buying the first one offered. Overall stay was pleasant, room was considerably clean.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Awsome hostel, great atmosphere, very good staff and location. Unbelievable comin areas to chill out, and a cheap menu to enjoy the great local food. I want to come back!!

Great time!

I had a great weekend stay at Alobar. The Staff is friendly and very helpful, you just have to ask and they will make it happen. I needed a phone, a map of the city as well as info on how to find specific places, a bus ride from the airport: all this has been provided quickly and with a smile. The rooftop is an amazing place, at anytime. Mostly a young/very chill vibe. And most important of all, the momos are great. Only downside, the construction works if you are on the wrong side.

• 14th Jun 2014

Good hostel on the edge of Thamel down a quiet street, but within easy access of restaurants and chaos of Kathmandu. Average dorm that can be hot some nights. The hostel has a rooftop bar/restaurant that's great for chilling and offers really good food at affordable prices. Only complaints are the dorms are never locked so no security, the wifi always cuts out and there isn't much of kitchen facilities. Overall a good hostel.

Nice location near Thamel area but tucked away on a quiet road. Great place to meet people, really like the large bar area on the rooftop. Pretty good food as well. Tours desk know what they are doing & also arrange occasional evening trips for guests to meet others. Would like to see lockers in the rooms as belongings are left out.

The facilities are really lacking here. The beds are as hard as rocks. The powerpoints never worked in my room. Not enough lockers for everyone. I had a cold shower each morning. This hostel's selling point is its rooftop bar and lounge, which is a wonderful organic way to meet fellow backpackers. The location is okay, but at night the alley to walk to it is very dark. Everything was "Nepal clean" meaning that it passes Nepalese standards, but would be considered dirty in a developed country.

Really nice Place! Locatted at Thamel, in the center of Everything. The rooftop is great to meet other travellers, as well as just relaxing and enjoying the view... Amazing staff!! Loved my stay there

Awesome place!

Good vibe, friendly and helpful staff, scalding hot water! There is much construction happening around the building but don't let it put you off. This place was great, I extended my stay for four nights.

I am so happy I chose this hostel. Great social vibe here, which is a missing point in Nepal. I loved it.

• 30th Apr 2014

the dorm bed was ok, mattress was very old. The atmosphere is good in the hostel, it's definitely the right place to meet people. But me and my friend we both got really sick after two days in Alobar. A lot of people seem to be sick there and we are quite sure it was a virus or something.. :/

nice people, staff and guests. difficulties to sleep!

• 27th Apr 2014

Fantastic atmosphere, people from all over the world, pub and music on the rooftop....great stay, I recommend to anyone getting to kathmandu!! Bad point: there are no lockers in the dorms and also the key of the room didn't work.

Without a doubt, great place. They are adding new space for rooftop gathering as I left. I can't wait to come back from my trek, which they help us to organize also. Great choice. Highly recommend.

The staff at Alobar was very nice, they were extremely friendly and I felt like home, even though I didn't do any tour with them!!! The hostel have a nice rooftop bar/restaurant with nice and cheap meals! It's a nice place to meet another travelers and the only thing missing was lockers for everyone, everything else was perfect!! Also very good standard for Nepal as hot water was always available. If I go to Nepal again, I would stay there!!

Por advice from the travel desk and difficulty with the staff at the front desk. Was disappointed with the stay

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great place for Kathmandu. Decent for anywhere else. Staff is not my favorite, but if I went back I would stay again

Great place to meet people, with a great atmosphere. Though it would be better if there was lockers for everyone. Also the toilet cubicle is way too short. The showers should have more hangers to hang a towel/ clothes. Add in a really dim night light so we dont wake sleeping travelers when we get into the dorm larlte at night. Keep up the good work!

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Refreshing to stay at a place in Nepal that isn't a guest house. This hostel is nice, affordable with a great rooftop for meeting people and relaxing.

• 20th Apr 2014