Alobar1000 Reviews

214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu, Nepal

I met the coolest people at Alobar1000!!

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel is okay. It is nice and cheap, with a restaurant and knowledgable staff. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm, the blankets need to be upgraded. The key for my drawer didn't work. The restaurant is full of hippies getting high. Overall it is okay.

Amazing atmosphere thanks to the rooftop bar! Ultimate backpackers' destination:) Good food and OK wifi. Bathrooms and dorms could be nicer though...

I arrived at night and they sent me to the wrong dorm. 30 min after I went to bed another guy came and told me I was in his bed. They sent me to the correct one, located next to the reception where people stay until very late and the hostel employees play music loud enough to keep me from sleeping. Big hostel, so expect things not to work properly most of the times. Eating at the bar is expensive. Better options for less money in Thamel. I wonder why it is recommended by hostelworld.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Argentina

Great rooftop hangout with friendly staff and good, cheap food. There's a travel desk that I didn't use, but could help with trek planning. It's a good location just up a dirt (read muddy when it rains) road from the main shopping area. The under bunk locker drawers are clumsy and loud and a pain to lock, and the bathrooms were often out of toilet paper and not super clean...though they do say they clean them every 3 hrs. Good deal for cheap price and good vibe - I'd stay here again.

Nice Hostel in a good location in Kathamdu, Thamel, nearby the tourist Hotspot. Great & welcoming staff and very nice atmosphere. Dorm rooms could be added with a reading light and small rack/shelf for personal belongings. Toilet and Showersituation based on european standard could be nicer. One shower for one floor surprisingly seems to work out. Toiletpaper could be refilled more often, so as anywhere in Asia, bring your own. To sum it up: Great Hostel, cool staff, basic accomodation.

Had a great stay here! .. Home away from home whilst spending 6 weeks in Nepal. Food is cheap and great place to hang out and meet some people to do your treks with. Dhal baht power ( the travel agent connected to alobar 1000). Was also very helpful for non obligation advice on what to do in Nepal. Would diffidently recommend any sole travellers to stay here if you want to meet other people.

A cute little hostel conveniently located in Thamel. Good value for money, most of the staff are helpful, informed and speak good English. The rooftop bar and restaurant area is the meeting point for all guest and has a great, chilled vibe. The food is good and well priced although breakfast starts quite late, at 8am. Bathrooms and cleanliness is a major downfall - toilets regularity overflow and flood out to the hallways, creating an unpleasant smell. Showers are few in number and rarely hot

Great roof area, awesome for meeting other backpackers. Really nice hostel in the middle of the Thamel madness.

Good location on outskirts of thamel - ensure you have a torch to get there at night. Bed very uncomfortable and bed bugs. Shower and toilets ok but not the cleanest. Some staff helpful and others not. Paid for laundry service and had to get it from the line ourselves wet after 2 days when promised earlier. You can get nice guesthouses in thamel for not much more than here.

Great atmosphere. This is the kind of hostel people will remember throughout their travels. It would be impossible to come here and NOT meet someone who you will end up sightseeing or trekking with. I had a fantastic time here and always return when I'm back in a Kathmandu!

Arrived at night so was grateful for pickup service. All the staff were awesome. Reception staff were fun & friendly, particularly Sitel. Rooftop is great for meeting travellers & getting first hand information. Food is really good & inexpensive. Sushant well looked after me and Dolma & Anju always smiling in the mornings. The very charming Om & Nikky were most helpful at the travel desk. The bathrooms need a good clean & the water isn't always hot. Dorms are good but fan didnt work. Recommend

Would recommend Alobar to all my friends. My only regret is that I could not stay longer . Definitely my place to stay next time I am in Kathmandu. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was very relax and welcoming.

• 30th Aug 2014

"I had a marvelous stay in Kathmandu at Alobar1000 hostel for 1 week, the rooms were nice, clean and very reasonably priced too for a budget travellers. Here you get to meet travelers from all around the world. and the best is the staff which is very friendly,helpful and easily fix the problem when we needed something. They have a free information giving travel desk which helps you in making decision for spending your unplanned day..moreover this place gonna be the first choice for me...Cheers"

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Great hostel with a nice backpacker vibe. Highly recommended!

Wicked hostel, really sociable on the rooftop and really comfy. Great food on offer (try the crepes) and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Loved it, have stayed there twice and will stay again before the end of our trip! (Though be aware that the showers are not always hot and the beds potentially could have bed bugs).

Great place to stay, awesome vibe I turned up alone and the staff were very welcoming and made a group of mates by the end of the first night. Definitely recommend for someone with a sense of adventure.

It's silly that they wouldn't let me do laundry on my own and some beds had bedbugs, but everything else about the hostel was amazing. I met some of the most inspiring people there and made lots of new friends very quickly, and its location is very close to markets and clubs. I highly recommend people to stay here when in Kathmandu.

• 4th Aug 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! The atmosphere is exactly what I was searching for; the staff are so chill and helpful, the common room is so comfortable and a great hang out spot. The food is excellent and very inexpensive. I stayed there on two separate occasions, once in the 8 bed dorm and once in the 12. Both are clean and nice and actually quite spacious. The 12 bed is located in a noisier area, but still a great stay and well worth the price.

• 4th Aug 2014

This place is dodgey! People who own shoes need not apply.

« first « Prev 1 2 3