Alobar1000 Reviews

214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu, Nepal

The good: warm duvets, hot showers, nice bar, friendly staff, really sociable, excellent location. The not so good: bathrooms not very private. Rooftop toilets are a bit like sheds. They run some free tours but they're not always the best orgaised.

Amazing. My favorite hostel!

Good stay here, the rooftop bar / chillout area really makes the place. They make a fire in the evenings, the music is largely decent and there is a sociable atmosphere. Local food they do in the bar is all really nice and well priced, although i would definitely avoid the western-style breakfasts, not good. The bathrooms could be a little better, particularly made a bit more private, but they are cleaned regularly. Rooms were fine and beds were comfy enough.

The best atmosphere hostel in town. No doubts.

• 1st Feb 2015

Great roof top bar and amanzing people! Really recomend it, perfekt place to stay in Kathmandu!!!!

Everything was really great, sheets could have been a little cleaner but they were not that bad. The only real complaint I had was the staff at reception were playing music and talking loudly at six thirty in the am. and they were right outside the window of our room, and the window did not really close all the way. We were in the cheapest room but it seemed a bit unprofessional. Overall the stay was great. Lovely social atmosphere on the rooftop cafe. Would stay again, great location!

Staff members were very professional, friendly, and helpful. Rooms don't look as nice as the pictures. Wasn't a fan of the bathrooms.

Pros: Sociable, good communal areas, helpful travel desk Cons: Loud music from bar made it difficult to sleep, bathroom facilities were poor with no hot water

This is the best place you should stay in KT,the staff here are awesome and really helpful. Especially they have social places to meet up people and everything are organized. The most important thing is they have hot shower and clean environment.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Although it is a bit tricky to find, this is a very cool hostel. Rooms and bathrooms are really good, clean, warm, hot water etc. wifi is good too. Rooftop bar and area is very funky, loved hanging out up there. If we go back to kathmandu we would only stay here.

Good hostel for Kathmandu, with a good vibe and great communal area. food is cheaply priced compared with other hotels in Thamel. Pros: hostel atmosphere, location, free WiFi. Cons: 1 gas shower, the rest are solar and usually cold. Bathrooms are tiny. Expensive for a hostel. I got a private room in a different hotel on Freak Street for 100NPR more, and it had a gas shower. Overall: good place to meet people, but if you don't like loud music/cannabis/alcohol then this place is not for you.

Hi, all our hot showers are powered my gas (LPG). Due to the shortage of LPG gas in Nepal (we know it is not funny), we have to concentrate on just few showers. In that case, we put signs saying which bathroom has the hot showers. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the government will figure something out soon. -Alobar1000 Team.

Alobar1000 is a really incredible place to stay. It's very large, well-decorated, and homey, full of places to hang out - so the space itself is top-notch. The hostel is just far enough from the madness of the Thamel to be a place of refuge, but close enough to be easily accessible. Add to those the wonderful people that you'll meet during your stay, both fellow travelers and the accommodating and ever-relaxed staff, and Alobar promises to be the best hostel experience you could ask for.

I loved my stay at Alorbar1000! I couldn't have asked for a more central location. Every day I met people who were friendly, outgoing and interesting to socialize with. When I needed some time to journal, I could always find a quiet corner or place to hide out in. One of my favorite parts of the hostel was the food. I had been searching high and low for Momo and it turns out that the best in Kathmandu were made right there! The breakfasts were delicious, and everything was totally affordable!

• 5th Jan 2015

This is the typical backpackers hostel: young and friendly staff, clean and shared rooms, restaurant/pub in the rooftop. It also has a big space where you can read books, have coffee or just relax. It´s a good deal if you want to stay 2 or 3 days in the center of Kathmandu.

공항으로 유로 픽업서비스오는건 좋아요 하지만 밤늦게 숙소 들어갈때 많이 무서워요 ㅎㅎ 길거리에 네팔리들이 그냥 서있는데 괜히 쫄게됨

very good stay, nice staff, nice guests, excellent breakfast..

There is not hot water in this hostel. Heaters are too bad and you will freeze when trying to have a shower. There's no place in the entire hostel, not even a tiny room for common use where you can be warm.i had to wear jacket, scarf and gloves even in the room. I have never been so cold in any accommodation in the past :) Apart from that, I guess if you go on a warmer season, it's a cool hostel.

Much apology for not having hot water for your shower but the gas geyser we have installed is pretty standard ones in Nepal and is bit complicated to use. We have put signs on how to operate them. As for the cold weather, we are trying our best to warm our guests by making fires on the rooftop and gas heater. It is winter in Nepal and cold everywhere.

Excellent place to meet other travellers in Kathmandu, staff were incredibly helpful and often have activities running if you want to see more of the city. Highly recommend!

Alobar 1000 is my favorite hostel in Kathmandu. Great location, great price, and a super helpful staff that helped my plan my trip around Nepal. They even held on to my coat after I accidentally left it there at the beginning of my trip. When I stopped back at Alobar 1000 at the end of the trip, my coat was waiting for me. Can't say enough good things, give it a try.

• 10th Dec 2014

Very hospitable staff and a very friendly staff

• 8th Dec 2014