Alobar1000 Reviews

214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu, Nepal

Great hostel with a nice backpacker vibe. Highly recommended!

Wicked hostel, really sociable on the rooftop and really comfy. Great food on offer (try the crepes) and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Loved it, have stayed there twice and will stay again before the end of our trip! (Though be aware that the showers are not always hot and the beds potentially could have bed bugs).

Great place to stay, awesome vibe I turned up alone and the staff were very welcoming and made a group of mates by the end of the first night. Definitely recommend for someone with a sense of adventure.

It's silly that they wouldn't let me do laundry on my own and some beds had bedbugs, but everything else about the hostel was amazing. I met some of the most inspiring people there and made lots of new friends very quickly, and its location is very close to markets and clubs. I highly recommend people to stay here when in Kathmandu.

• 4th Aug 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here! The atmosphere is exactly what I was searching for; the staff are so chill and helpful, the common room is so comfortable and a great hang out spot. The food is excellent and very inexpensive. I stayed there on two separate occasions, once in the 8 bed dorm and once in the 12. Both are clean and nice and actually quite spacious. The 12 bed is located in a noisier area, but still a great stay and well worth the price.

• 4th Aug 2014

This place is dodgey! People who own shoes need not apply.

This place has a great upstairs bar and eating area and also another lounge area to sit and chill out. You always end up talking to other people and making friends. A great place to travel for solo travelers especially. I stayed at two other places in Kathmandu and this one would be my top recommendation for meeting other li9ke minded travelers.

Amazing hostel, clean, lively with helpful staff. I arrived very late in the night but they helped me get a nice vegetarian pizza at 1 am. Best part is the cafe at the top floor with nice views and food options.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • akashdeep19
  • India

Good spot to get to know Kathmandu, (but don't stay too long the rest of Nepal is better) lots of backpackers so a great place to meet people. Hot shower only worked sometimes on the first floor.

I had a really good time here. I booked for one day and ended up staying for 4. the desk had a good reception and travel agency. they were helpful in planning out all my treks even though I wanted to do a lot of it on my own. a special shout out to the people that were extremely helpful Sital Suraj and Jeevan you guys rock. they were able to give me so much advice and were very patient with me even as other customers came in. keep up the great work and the positive energy guys!

This place is suitable for travelers who are on a budget, pillow and comforter are provided, though you may not use much of it if you're traveling in June and July in Kathmandu. There is a travel desk service provided, but similar to any country you visit, I would recommend that you do a few more research in terms of price and services before buying the first one offered. Overall stay was pleasant, room was considerably clean.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Awsome hostel, great atmosphere, very good staff and location. Unbelievable comin areas to chill out, and a cheap menu to enjoy the great local food. I want to come back!!

Great time!

Ryan Palmer here, First of all Big shout out to Prakash and Alena, for amazing job on reception and being straight Gangstaz. Alobar is my favorite hostel in the 23 countries I have traveled, Perfect dynamics of open spaces, relaxation, and excitement, with Strong Character. You can check in and never leave, it attracts really amazing travelers as well, and the atmosphere really makes everyone open up to become a family, arrive alone, but you wont be alone after that.

I had a great weekend stay at Alobar. The Staff is friendly and very helpful, you just have to ask and they will make it happen. I needed a phone, a map of the city as well as info on how to find specific places, a bus ride from the airport: all this has been provided quickly and with a smile. The rooftop is an amazing place, at anytime. Mostly a young/very chill vibe. And most important of all, the momos are great. Only downside, the construction works if you are on the wrong side.

• 14th Jun 2014

Lovely staff, great atmosphere, best backpackers!

• 6th Jun 2014

Good hostel on the edge of Thamel down a quiet street, but within easy access of restaurants and chaos of Kathmandu. Average dorm that can be hot some nights. The hostel has a rooftop bar/restaurant that's great for chilling and offers really good food at affordable prices. Only complaints are the dorms are never locked so no security, the wifi always cuts out and there isn't much of kitchen facilities. Overall a good hostel.

Nice location near Thamel area but tucked away on a quiet road. Great place to meet people, really like the large bar area on the rooftop. Pretty good food as well. Tours desk know what they are doing & also arrange occasional evening trips for guests to meet others. Would like to see lockers in the rooms as belongings are left out.

The facilities are really lacking here. The beds are as hard as rocks. The powerpoints never worked in my room. Not enough lockers for everyone. I had a cold shower each morning. This hostel's selling point is its rooftop bar and lounge, which is a wonderful organic way to meet fellow backpackers. The location is okay, but at night the alley to walk to it is very dark. Everything was "Nepal clean" meaning that it passes Nepalese standards, but would be considered dirty in a developed country.

Really nice Place! Locatted at Thamel, in the center of Everything. The rooftop is great to meet other travellers, as well as just relaxing and enjoying the view... Amazing staff!! Loved my stay there

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4