Alobar1000 Reviews

214 Kesarmahal Marg, Thamel-29, Kathmandu, Nepal

Alobar is a great hostel. Great place to meet other travelers in Nepal, great vibe and great energy. There are few issues to be worked out but this is Nepal, pure and simple. It seems the water and electricity problems are quite common in Nepal overall. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Best atmosphere and staff!! highly recommend if travelling alone, absolutely made my time in kathmandu

• 9th Apr 2014

Great place to stay if you're solo as you'll meet many people! The place is well situated just outside of the Thamel district. The staff are very helpful and there is even a travel agency next door which will help you book connecting flights and bus tickets. Thanks Alobar1000! :)

• 29th Mar 2014

After 17-hour travelling,I wanted to have a hot shower at the single en suite I paid, 4 times more than a dorm. The faucet on the sink was broken, water trickled from the shower, and the gas smell from the water heater made it impossible to take a shower. Under my request, someone came and saw the problems, but done nothing. I was told to take shower at the public bathroom instead. The staff said they would upgrade me as a compensation, but later changed their mind.

Dear , I am very sorry of the inconvenience this issue has caused. This is very busy season so probably the attention was bit diverted at the time. Definitely there is no excuse whatsoever. Nevertheless, this problem was solved the day you checked out. Thanks.

A decent nigh's sleep if not a little cramped in the dorm. Don't pay the price for the private rooms though, my friend did and got a grubby little hole with a shower that didn't work and a broken sink / tap.

Dear Tom, may be your friend didn't tell you that we fixed the issue with the sink/tap right away. As for the shower it works. It just didn't have strong pressure, which we can't do anything.

Nice place to stay at in kathmandu, very close to the kantipath bus stop and all the dining and shopping options in thamel. Very good staff. Electricity was an issue but overall that worked out okay. Beautiful rooftop and good breakfast! Recommended!

ALOBAR1000 IS MY BEST CHOICE IN KATHMANDU. THE LOCATION IS EASY EASY ACCESSED TO THAMEL AREA(SHOPS AND RESTURANTS). STAFF IS EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND THEY ALWAYS FULLFILLED MY REQUESTS IN MANY WAYS. THEY EVEN HELPED ME TO GET GOOD RATES FOR CURRENCIES EXCHANGE AND PROVIDE ME BEST INFOMATION FOR TREKING AND LOWEST DOMEESTIC AIRFARES. HOT WATER SHOWER AND DRINKING IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT MY STAY. ROOM IS VERY COSY AND CLEAN. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE ATMOSPHERE IS GREAT IN THE ROOFTOP AREA AND RECEPTION.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Great social joint, cheap food, amazing atmosphere, friendly and happy staff members. Everything is great about this place.

• 21st Mar 2014

Alobar1000 is one of the best hostels I have ever been to. It has everything you could ever need. After finishing a trek you can relax on the terrace and be very tempted to never leave. There is a bar/restaurant with good food for decent prices, and the free travel desk can give you all the information you would ever need. Showers are nice and hot and the locker service while you are gone is a great help. Don't skip on the chance to spend some time at Alobar1000, you will love it!

Despite some problems with the hot shower and electricity (this is Nepal, after all!) I really loved this place. The staff make you feel super comfortable and you really get to meet other travelers. That rooftop restaurant is just awesome! They were also helpful in figuring out what trek I wanted to do for later on in my trip and they do have some great offers at their travel desk.

Had the most amazing stay. Staff were amazing and the atmosphere was great. In a very central location. All round a great hostel to stay in in Kathmandu.

Alobar1000 is a great place for backpackers, the staff are friendly and the roof bar is awesome.

They did not pick me up, nor inform me of this change, from the airport as pre arranged and confirmed. I was woken up at 8am by a staff member putting a note on my pillow telling me to go to reception. I was asked to move rooms which I agreed to. They tried to put me in a private room with a virtual stranger in a double bed. Ridiculous. When we complained and asked for money off they would only take 50rupees off each. When we said no, 2 free dorm beds appeared. Needs to be more organised.

Was a brilliant place to meet people and have a party in katmandu. Defo recommend staying here, very close to everything also.

I had a private room and would have been great to have a working heater (as the one in the room was broken) or extra blankets as it got pretty cold at night. Otherwise the rooftop was definitely my favourite place to be, really friendly and easy to meet new people- overall an awesome place :)

Its a great hostel to meet other travellers from ALL over the world,. On the other hand, it's dirty because even though they clean it regularly, there's only 3 toilets for all the people, and usually the shower and the toilets get broken. Anyway, is a very good option if you're looking for a cheap place to spend just a couple of days and meet people.

Staffs very helpfull and attentive, i felt home there. Congratulations.

I love Alobar 1000, great place to meet new people especially in charging station and wifi point in receiving area.

I had an awesome experience. The staffs were great and very helpful. The place had a great energy and vibe. I made a lot of great friends. It was neat and clean and very affordable. The staffs organized different interesting events. All you need is to ask, and they have all the services e.g.- treks, taxi service, airport pick up and drop off, day tour to the city, day hikes. Alobar 1000 is a ONE STOP, base camp in Kathmandu city.

• 17th Feb 2014

Superb hostel! Staff are awesome and fun. Roof top bar provides wonderful food and I enjoyed meeting new friends there a lot!

• 16th Feb 2014