Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

I recommend this hostel! Before to go there I read here many negative comments. It is not true. It is clean everyday, but what they don't have is a adequate drain at the bathroom. The water comes down and it looks after as not cleaned. The stuff was excellent (include also the people from the breakfast room). It is close to the Eiffel Tower (you can see directly from the hostel street) and there is a metro station very close (~150 m). No noises, no car around. I was happy to chose this hostel :)

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Romania

well we didnt get to stay at aloha apparently there was a "problem with the water" in the rooms that "suddenly happened last night" so they sent us to arty (which was pretty good) it was no where near the eiffel tower which was the whole and only reason i wanted to go to aloha, also a bit hard to find. other than that ill leave a review on arty was actually really good id go there again !

• 10th Apr 2014

Since first using the Aloha, I have seen no reason to use any other.

They nickel and dime you for everything in this place. A five dollar deposit for sheets, are you kidding me? Not only that, you have to pay for your stay in cash, no cars are allowed to be used for anything here. The showers were awful, I've never been to prison but hell it sure felt like it taking a shower there. I tried to refill my water bottle downstairs during breakfast and the guy pointed upstairs trying to make me spend 1.50 euros for water. I never write reviews but this time I had to.

• 5th Apr 2014

In paris u cant complaint much with this price, but was sick by 1 of the staff in the reception. Yes i dun speak french but she is pretty rude. I just want to open the luggage room door which she can help by just press a button for 0.01 second but she gave me a arrogant stare n make me wait until a bigbig group(>20ppl)finished the check-in. While miss arrogant why cant u do it the same time? Just press for 0.01 second! N ii totally dislike her attitude of answering question as if im a pig! Sick

I had the impression that some staffmembers weren't really motivated to help you. To questions they only answered as much as they had to or even in a bad way. For example we were told, that we could leave our luggage in the luggage-room only until 15:00. When I asked once more, I was told that 17:00 would be the last time possible because the person who has the key for the room, wouln't be there afterwards, which is absolutly foolish, because there is no key!

Nice hostel! Little expensive compared to what I'm used to but hey it is Paris!

The toilets were very cramped and did not look well-maintained. There wasn't enough space to put my toiletries or hang my clothes and it generally felt claustrophobic.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Singapore

Really nice :) , clean rooms and bathrooms, great student atmosphere, friendly staff , the breakfast its a plus. really near to the metro and in a good neighborhood. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends who are traveling to Paris next time.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

2nd time here, and i loved it

• 9th Mar 2014

Mostly grumpy staff. I walked down to eat at 7:25 am and the lady barked at me to go away. She wasn't ready. I said no problem I will just sit and wait. But she said no go back up. Wow

• 6th Mar 2014

the atmosphere is a little bit boring

the receptionist was so cute

Had a terrible ecperience staying here. before i make booking, hv emailed d hostel n requested to store my luggage for 2 days earlier prior of checking in without charge. d staff replied ok n hence i made my booking. when i arrived, d staff has refused to let me store my luggage n saying that d person replied to my email has misunderstand me n there is no such policy. i hv email as prove for heaven sake! Each floor only hv 1 shower cubicle n no linen was given to me when i checked in. Horrible!

I really like the HOSTEL, now I understand all the others comments/reviews, people should be clear it's a hostel and not an Hotel, good breakfast, friendly staff, good location, free wifi and computers available!!!

It was my first time at a Hostel and I was blown away by the kind staff, clean rooms and the overall atmosphere of the place. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone... you will not be disappointed.

• 7th Feb 2014

nice hostel with the helpful and friendly staff

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere. The free breakfast is a great plus. I'd recommend aloha to anyone wanting to budget in Paris.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Poland

My third stay here in 2 years because I like the location and the kitchen. There's just one problem, and that is the shower facilities. They are getting ridiculous. It's completely dark once you close the curtain, you can't control the water temperature and you need to push a button every 30 seconds to keep the water running. It would be sooo much better!

Good hostel. No lift was bad part, And the staff allways seemed like they had to help you not they wanted to help you out with how to get to a certain spot. Other wise decent stay.