Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

Genrrally nice and clean place to stay, pleasant atmosphere, good brekfast. However, a huge remark concerning the hygiene ; only 1 shower per floor ( 7 rooms) !!! It's a real pity!

I've never seen people so rude like the staff in this hostel. There was a guy and a spanish girl, they were awesome but there was this French girl , oh my god. I seriously wanted to get away from that place because of her .

• 18th Oct 2014

The breakfast is really bad.

Very Small shower, no place to hang things like your towel, change of clothes... no ventilation

• 13th Oct 2014

I like the place it's walking distance to eiffel tower.staff is friendly except the staff incharge in the kitchen i don't like the way they work it's seems like they are angry to served their guess.also the sink and faucet is very dirty.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

bedroom was very clean. I had a sink in my room which was very convenient. Showers left something to be desired, they were a B/B-. Breakfast included with stay. Breakfast was B+, can't complain about free coffee!

I stay there more days than excepted because I was in Paris per almost 3 weeks so I was tired to change one other hostel so I stay until the 05 of October. The staff was really good, really helpful.Something that I really don't like from this place is that I have to go to the Laundry to wash my bed clothes, because it smells kind of dirty and also, when I arrive to my first room, my first perception, was the humidity and the low ventilation.The number of toilets and showers is far to be enough.

Aloha is fairly standard: great location with Eiffel Tower a leisurely & scenic walk away; metro stop just down the street that will take you to Concord near the Louvre and Pigalle etc; nice common area; simple but effective breakfast; good free wifi; staff are good receptionists. Showers were the only real problem: basically an almost unventilated closet with no control over the water temperature (very hot). Recommendation for any hostel: block showers.

Shower is the size of a closet, and always occupied. Need more showers on all floors.

The shower room should be improved immediately especially space and hygiene.

Only one shower working when i was there.

You have to walk along quiet far before finding this hostel. Hence, it has really fast internet, fine breakfast, and friendly staff. Unfortunately, the shower is too small and separated from the toilet. The cleanliness itself should be much improved.

The most un-French hostel ever. The staff seemed very uninterested in you. Always waiting for a bathroom or shower. The bed sheets are plastic or something so it's loud every time someone moves and the beds squeak. The place just had a very unfriendly vibe to it. And it's expensive. I would not stay here again. Good location though.

This was the worst hostel I have stayed in. There was 1 shower & 2 toilets for each floor which had 24- 36 beds on it & they were disgusting. You weren't allowed to go into the room from 11:00-17:00 for "cleaning" purposes but to be honest I have no idea what these cleaners were doing in that time. The toilets were gross and showers were DISGUSTING there was hair, products, plastic and containers, mud and water everywhere. The toilets had urine on the floor & seat. In 3 days this did not change.

The staff didn't seem interested in helping us at all, and didn't seem to enjoy their jobs. The bunk beds creaked a ton and we had to pay a deposit for the sheets. Breakfast was only served from 7:30 to 9, with no exceptions. I don't think I would stay here again.

Overall ok....the bathrooms are small, no space to turn

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Overall I would return to this hostel, although my opinions are mixed after staying for 4 nights: PLUS - Value for money; great location with access to local amenities and metro; free breakfast; kitchen; large communal area; free wifi; free computers; secure rooms. MINUS - Staff a little abrasive; showers became filthy, whether this was just the guests or the infrequency of the cleaning is up for debate; no lockers in rooms; nature of communal area made it difficult to make friends easily.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was pretty good with lots of cafes and shops close by. The breakfast in the morning wasn't great though, I just had bread and jam.

They booked me to the 5th floor, where there was 12 beds. I had to share one bathroom e one toilet with around 30 people. There were no lockers to put my things in. You have to make a deposit to take bed sheets and to take de door cards. If you loose the receipt paper, you loose your money. And it is very expensive just like other places in Paris.

This was my final hostel on my trip and after 5 hostels I enjoyed, this was the worst. I was greeted by an Asian looking guy who apparently didn't like his job and after asking a few questions, his reply each time was "I only work here, I don't know." Completely useless. The downstairs was nice, relaxing, WiFi worked everywhere. The walls are paper thin and guests are obnoxiously loud. To shower you have to continuously push a button, no temp control. No CC, euro only. Breakfast was good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5