Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

water in the shower room is cold and not easy to use

• 22nd May 2015
  • China

Overall it was clean, staff are friendly. We enjoyed the sitting area more as we stayed up until late with my friend. Location is very easy to find. I think breakfast finish too early (9am )

• 17th May 2015
  • Namibia

Very good area with easy access to metro. Some lovely staff and the hostel and rooms were very clean. Great for travellers on a budget!

• 14th May 2015

Overall it's been a good experience. Lots of people to chat with, good location as its really close to a subway. Staff is not rude but when I asked for directions he explained really really quickly without details.

About a 20 minute walk away from the Eiffel Tower. Had an awesome breakfast! No complaints.

Hostel was good wth a great location, very poor shower area. Apparently the hostel doesn't have an age limit for guest because there was a man in our room that was at least 45 and made the night very unpleasant with his smell and disrespectful eating of chips when everyone else in the room was trying to sleep.

• 4th May 2015

It is a great location only about 20 mins for the Eiffel Tower! The staff is really quite awful, they are rude and neglect to help with really anything. The place was also not clean, you almost feel dirtier after taking showers...

The place is very overpriced for what it is even for Paris. Rooms small and really noisy bunks, showers also small and staff aren't the friendliest. I was only there for one night as a stopover before a flight but if staying longer than that would of looked into other accom. But the location is amazing and the guy who did the breakfast in the morning was lovely (employ more people like him!!!)

There really aren't any complaints other than the fact that the rooms do not have outlets for charging any of your appliances...you had to take it down to the front desk for them to charge for you or sit in the hallways...not very convenient if you are using your phone for an alarm, but it's almost dead. Other than that, the staff was extremely helpful in all aspects for finding our way around Paris!

• 24th Apr 2015

- 5 computers with internet available so I didn't need to carry my laptop+charger+mouse with me - very good breakfasts - 2 types of tasty musli with chocolate pieces, nice big croissant and baguette - good laundry - simply, freshm warm, already made for the guests' convenience - 2 toilets on floor and private shower, that is enough actually - some coat hangers on wall were extremely useful in a dorm room

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Friendly and helpful staff. The free breakfast is a great plus. I'd recommend aloha to anyone wanting to budget in Paris.

alexandre gomes, is very kind and helpfull. The rest of the staff was very bad and not wating to help

• 16th Apr 2015
  • Ecuador

Helpful staff, nice showers, and rooms. Breakfast is pretty basic with just a baguette, croissant, jam, juice, muesli, and coffee. Two days in a row one of the bathrooms did not have any toilet paper. It is close to a metro station which is great since Paris is easy to check out with the metro. Bring some ear plugs because you can hear people walking up and down the stairs, and during my stay there was a group of 30 ten year old children. Wi-Fi is only good in your room and there weren't lockers

We loved it here. Our first few nights we stayed in an airbnb apartment in the 9th arrondismont, and a hostel is definitely te better way to go. We were so glad we moved here for our latter half of the trip. The location is what I had imagined of Paris, with cute little bread and pastry shops and flower shops and fruit shops and grocery stores down the street. It's a nice walk to the Eiffel Tower. The staff were very helpful, and we met some great friends in our dorm. We're glad we stayed here.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hello- I flew into the Orly Sud airport and stayed at Aloha Hostel. Since I flew out of the Beauvais airport, the hostel told me how to get to the bus station and to be there 3 hours early. I had assumed that a bus would run about every half hour or so, so I missed my bus to the airport by 2 minutes. It would be very helpful to have gotten the website to buy the bus tickets and known that their are specific buses for each flight!

Good location and helpful staff. The bedroom and the bathrooms are good and they have an excellent breakfast included in the price.

Staff: Day staff ladies are not very welcoming. They didn't even tell me where the sheets were or where the kitchen was. Male night staff are nicer. Atmosphere: While they did put an effort in a common area, not really a good hang out spot, feels more like you're in the staff's space. Cleanliness: I did see staff clean. Washrooms and toilets could have more attention. Bathroom floors were often wet and slippery. Facilities: Wi-Fi is horrible. Cash only. Updated bathrooms! Sinks in bedroom!

The location was good a 20 min walk to the Eiffel tower and 3 min to a metro station. Staff were okay facilities alright about two toilets per floor no lockers inside the rooms but there are small ones by the reception. Breakfast was actually not too bad. Still too expensive though.

Breakfeast is good, location too, wifi is ok... Nice kitchen. No eletric outlets in the bedroom. Matress really awful. The bed shakes a lot so when you are sleeping and someone goes to bed you wake up.

I did not like this hostel. pros: wifi, lockers not require a padlock, breakfast included cons: hot water was hit-or-miss, made you pay in cash, reimbursement is not an option if you need to change your trip, breakfast wasn't very good, walls are very thin, people weren't very friendly. I would not stay here again.