Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

Overall I would return to this hostel, although my opinions are mixed after staying for 4 nights: PLUS - Value for money; great location with access to local amenities and metro; free breakfast; kitchen; large communal area; free wifi; free computers; secure rooms. MINUS - Staff a little abrasive; showers became filthy, whether this was just the guests or the infrequency of the cleaning is up for debate; no lockers in rooms; nature of communal area made it difficult to make friends easily.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was pretty good with lots of cafes and shops close by. The breakfast in the morning wasn't great though, I just had bread and jam.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

They booked me to the 5th floor, where there was 12 beds. I had to share one bathroom e one toilet with around 30 people. There were no lockers to put my things in. You have to make a deposit to take bed sheets and to take de door cards. If you loose the receipt paper, you loose your money. And it is very expensive just like other places in Paris.

This was my final hostel on my trip and after 5 hostels I enjoyed, this was the worst. I was greeted by an Asian looking guy who apparently didn't like his job and after asking a few questions, his reply each time was "I only work here, I don't know." Completely useless. The downstairs was nice, relaxing, WiFi worked everywhere. The walls are paper thin and guests are obnoxiously loud. To shower you have to continuously push a button, no temp control. No CC, euro only. Breakfast was good.

Showers are gross and you have no control over the water temperature and it's like showering in a closet with no ventilation. But Rooms were clean. But there were no lockers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Walls are paper thin and every drunk person coming in after 2 am woke me up so if your a light sleeper I wouldn't book for more than a couple nights. Good price for a one or two night stay though and close to Eiffel Tower which was cool.

Fantastic location, great price especially for paris, rooms were very clean, bright and cheery . basic breakfast yes, but cannot complain! would definitely recommend a friend and would stay again. Perfect if you are on a budget and felt very secure

• 4th Sep 2014

I thought the small and dirty showers were the worst until I woke up with bed bugs bites :( they changed my room because I complained but still it is very dirty. Not staying here again.

My room mates came late and they switched on the light and made a big noise,they talked at least 40 minutes quiet loudly,so it was ANNOYING!!!!Except the noisy room mates I felt good indeed.

friendly staff, free bread all day

• 29th Aug 2014

When we arrived we didn't look up reviews too well, and I wish I did! Our sheets felt so dirty and not clean and then we read about people having bed bugs previously, we didn't get any thank god. Showers were gross and small, and the second night there sewage over flowed in the patio area... I was woken up the next morning to a guy cleaning it out. It was so gross. Location was great though and it's in a residential area so food next to it is cheap and very good!

• 27th Aug 2014

The hostel was nice enough in a decent location. Because there were so many people, it tended to get dirty quickly, even though the staff cleaned thoroughly every morning. Showers were a flat floor that got completely soaked, combined with lack of sturdy hangers to put clothes = unpleasantly wet clothes. Breakfast and wifi were both good, 24 hour staff who were generally helpful. It's cheap but it's crowded. No huge problems or outstanding merits.

i stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm for 3 night and most of the time just had 1 room mate. if you are looking for a cheap stay in paris just for a sleep in city centre then this works. the only thing that put me off is cleanliness - although its more to do with th ppl who stay than the staff there. the staff do take care to clan the place. the bathrooms are really small. close to eiffel tower and secure place.though i wouldnt come here again, as i dont mind paying higher for clean place.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • India

It's a good hostel. Considering that Paris is so expensive, this hostel is in good Price.Breackfast is excellent!!! Coffee, bread, cereal!!!You have lockers for free with your personal code, which is more secure. Staff in the kitchen is very kind! I would come back there!

Nobody at the reception looked up whill entering so walking up to the rooms was easy. Also for people who don't belong there. There were no luggage safes in the rooms only small ones for valuables near the reception. Dirty toilets

Chose this hostel because it said there was bicycle storage; there isn't! Very poor advertising. The reception staff, in particular the Spanish girl, didn't seem bothered and have no manners. Made up some awful excuse about us not being able to leave luggage in the store. Rooms are basic, you even have to leave a deposit for your beds sheets! Toilets were poor and missing tiles. Breakfast was poor. You will find a much nicer place to stay for this price where they make you feel welcome. Avoid!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice hostel. The staff were helpful. Try to make lockers for bags in the room

Its good enough and has everything i needed, but i cant stay in the room from 11-17:00, bathroom is small. Other things are good

Well located hostel when using the subway; nothing special about the atmosphere and the social gathering. Lack of plugs in rooms and showers could be cleaner, bigger and better designed (too small and you will feel like in a hammam at the end). Rooms are ok; breakfast with bread, jam, butter, cereals, milk and orange juice. The rooms and common parts are clean.

• 7th Aug 2014

Okay hostel. No lockers in the dorms(at least in the four-bed mixed dorm we stayed in). 10-15 minuts walk to the Eiffel tower which was nice. Might wanna stay there again.

It is difficult to find an affordable hostel in Paris. Aloha does the trick. It is in a good neighborhood. People who say it is far from the Eiffel tower I think do not realize how big Paris is. In relation to other places Aloha is quite close and the walk is a nice one too. (there's even bike share stations on the way) If you get the beds at the promo price it is the best. The staff were very helpful (occasionally grumpy). The breakfast is early but it motivated me to get the most out of paris

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5