Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

You have to walk along quiet far before finding this hostel. Hence, it has really fast internet, fine breakfast, and friendly staff. Unfortunately, the shower is too small and separated from the toilet. The cleanliness itself should be much improved.

The most un-French hostel ever. The staff seemed very uninterested in you. Always waiting for a bathroom or shower. The bed sheets are plastic or something so it's loud every time someone moves and the beds squeak. The place just had a very unfriendly vibe to it. And it's expensive. I would not stay here again. Good location though.

This was the worst hostel I have stayed in. There was 1 shower & 2 toilets for each floor which had 24- 36 beds on it & they were disgusting. You weren't allowed to go into the room from 11:00-17:00 for "cleaning" purposes but to be honest I have no idea what these cleaners were doing in that time. The toilets were gross and showers were DISGUSTING there was hair, products, plastic and containers, mud and water everywhere. The toilets had urine on the floor & seat. In 3 days this did not change.

The staff didn't seem interested in helping us at all, and didn't seem to enjoy their jobs. The bunk beds creaked a ton and we had to pay a deposit for the sheets. Breakfast was only served from 7:30 to 9, with no exceptions. I don't think I would stay here again.

The whole place needs a good cleaning.

Overall ok....the bathrooms are small, no space to turn

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Overall I would return to this hostel, although my opinions are mixed after staying for 4 nights: PLUS - Value for money; great location with access to local amenities and metro; free breakfast; kitchen; large communal area; free wifi; free computers; secure rooms. MINUS - Staff a little abrasive; showers became filthy, whether this was just the guests or the infrequency of the cleaning is up for debate; no lockers in rooms; nature of communal area made it difficult to make friends easily.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was pretty good with lots of cafes and shops close by. The breakfast in the morning wasn't great though, I just had bread and jam.

They booked me to the 5th floor, where there was 12 beds. I had to share one bathroom e one toilet with around 30 people. There were no lockers to put my things in. You have to make a deposit to take bed sheets and to take de door cards. If you loose the receipt paper, you loose your money. And it is very expensive just like other places in Paris.

We're sorry you had a bad experience. You were surely given that room because that's the one you must have booked. We also have rooms of 10, 6, 4 and 2. We do have lots of free lockers in the lobby, in plain sight for all to see, and the information is plastered around the buildings. But we'll be sure to make the information clearer to future guests, so as to avoid such misunderstandings.

This was my final hostel on my trip and after 5 hostels I enjoyed, this was the worst. I was greeted by an Asian looking guy who apparently didn't like his job and after asking a few questions, his reply each time was "I only work here, I don't know." Completely useless. The downstairs was nice, relaxing, WiFi worked everywhere. The walls are paper thin and guests are obnoxiously loud. To shower you have to continuously push a button, no temp control. No CC, euro only. Breakfast was good.

It was good for the price and location

Showers are gross and you have no control over the water temperature and it's like showering in a closet with no ventilation. But Rooms were clean. But there were no lockers. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Walls are paper thin and every drunk person coming in after 2 am woke me up so if your a light sleeper I wouldn't book for more than a couple nights. Good price for a one or two night stay though and close to Eiffel Tower which was cool.

Fantastic location, great price especially for paris, rooms were very clean, bright and cheery . basic breakfast yes, but cannot complain! would definitely recommend a friend and would stay again. Perfect if you are on a budget and felt very secure

• 4th Sep 2014

I thought the small and dirty showers were the worst until I woke up with bed bugs bites :( they changed my room because I complained but still it is very dirty. Not staying here again.

“The staff was not good. Especially the blonde staff who is working at reception. I gave 10 euros deposit just for the room key. When i check out, she said i took also sheets and she did not give my money back.”

My room mates came late and they switched on the light and made a big noise,they talked at least 40 minutes quiet loudly,so it was ANNOYING!!!!Except the noisy room mates I felt good indeed.

friendly staff, free bread all day

• 29th Aug 2014

When we arrived we didn't look up reviews too well, and I wish I did! Our sheets felt so dirty and not clean and then we read about people having bed bugs previously, we didn't get any thank god. Showers were gross and small, and the second night there sewage over flowed in the patio area... I was woken up the next morning to a guy cleaning it out. It was so gross. Location was great though and it's in a residential area so food next to it is cheap and very good!

The hostel was nice enough in a decent location. Because there were so many people, it tended to get dirty quickly, even though the staff cleaned thoroughly every morning. Showers were a flat floor that got completely soaked, combined with lack of sturdy hangers to put clothes = unpleasantly wet clothes. Breakfast and wifi were both good, 24 hour staff who were generally helpful. It's cheap but it's crowded. No huge problems or outstanding merits.

very good hostel!!! a great atmosphere!