Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

Wifi became sparse when rooms were fully booked. Shared push button showers take their time to heat up. Monotonous breakfast (five days only strawberry jam). The last night of our reservation had only one bed available and we were blindsided to change rooms without warning. Pay extra for towel, linens, and keycard deposit. Unutilized coffee and vending machines. Location near two metro stations, quiet, markets and shops aplenty, friendly staff, movie screenings, friendly fellow travelers.

• 2nd Jun 2014

they do what they have to do.. nothing else. The staff was really annoying in my experience, especially the girl staying in the mornings, but the place it´s ok if you are looking just for a place to sleep. basic breakfeast but at least it`s for free.

This hostel has a bare bone room with a table. It's very similar to the 3 ducks although not as clean. Obviously the best thing about this hostel is the price. It's cheap for where it's located. People do not mingle too much, but you can meet people in the lobby area. I thought the staff weren't too helpful and came off as rude.

• 29th May 2014

The hostel was very clean, the rooms are pretty big, compared to other hostels, the bathrooms were clean and everything worked. The lounge was comfortable and open and had a nice tv that we relaxed and watched at night. Wifi worked, and they have plenty of maps for people to take with them. It's a great location, too.

Unfriendly staff. Especially the woman with the "snob" hat.

The people at the front is not helpful at all. The beds ar small, old and not clean and the hostel charge you 6 euros for a set of sheets. The bathrooms are simply aweful. I totally discourage anyone to stay in the hostel unless it can't pay 10 euros more per night in which case there are much better options. The best thing in the hostel is the location but you are 15 blocks away from everything.

• 21st May 2014
  • Argentina

We didn't use electricity.Beacuse sockets didn't work.I could not charge my phone.Sheets was dirty and bathroom was dirty...

• 19th May 2014
  • Turkey

I like the hostel, we have no light but they repair it.

Just bed in Paris, nothing more. For whole floor (7 rooms, I think about 30 people) only ONE toilet and two showers. No electric sockets in room - IMHO worst thing for backpackers, when you have to charge mobiles, cameras etc almost everyday. Breakfast quite good.

When we arrived at the place we are recieved by an unfriendly face in the reception.The receptionist is bit strict and we are not comfortable to ask more what we want to know your place.The breakfast was good and the doorknob is not working properly.Not good to be mix with other people especially boys if there is no place to dress up properly.The place is good for transportation.

• 16th May 2014
  • Philippines

First of all the hostel was on remodelling during my stay, so not so cool but understandable, even tough some common areas closed bcs of this. Santiago from staff a bit rude, he didnt accept 5 cent euro coins I tried to pay with. Room was OK, beds with plugs, no light, shower in room but not toilette. Showers dirty after other guests used them. Didn't try free breakfast. Common areas good, free computers for using, luggage room and WiFi working very well. Still, work needs to be done.

The lady in front desk Daniela was somewhat helpful but did not seem to really be as helpful. She was kind of sassy. The rooms were good but they're going through remodeling on lobby so that affects the place downstairs.

All areas were ok, but the hostel really needs to pay attention on the restrooms and showers because they were very dirty. If that would have been good, we would have rated a the hostel a lot better.

Great hostel, for it's price you really cann't go wrong and it's a 5 minute walk from the nearest Metro station.

B/fast, & B/fast, & B/fast.. so good.. is value for money.

Sorry, but I didn't like, at all, my stay at Aloha Hostel. First of all, I didn't like the shower, the space is too small; there is a lot of staircases to go to the rooms and the breakfast was so poor. For sure, next time, I will choose another hostel.

I guess lockers would be safer to let the luggage instead of leaving it in a room where people come in and out frequently. People serving breakfast were really friendly! When I booked an ensuite room, I thought there would be shower and toilet, and not only shower ( you should make it clear when people are booking).

• 26th Apr 2014

The room has a strange smell of mold. During day the bathroom and halls stay with loads of toilet paper on the floor. The bathroom has no light inside the box. It's good if you just want a place for sleep and for a shower.

Staff was helpful, rooms were colorful and fine. Top bunks have no bed guards. My floor was a bit noisy, but wore ear plugs to bed, breakfast was just enough to start the day. Pretty standard hostel, easy to meet other people staying there in the common area. Only real downfall are the horrible "press every 3 seconds or I'll turn off on you" showers.

The staff wasn't very friendly at all. The hostel basically provided a bed to stay in for the night. The only benefit was the free breakfast.