Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

The staircase is awful for people with bags, even backpacks because it's so small and looks unsafe. Rooms are quite small compared to other hostels however there is a sink in the rooms which is helpful and some have tiny showers; by tiny I mean you can hardly move. It was difficult to find having never been to Paris before. Breakfast was basic but there is a kitchen available to use along vending machines. Wifi and computer available

I really liked the location. About a 15-20 minute walk to Eiffel Tower. Easy access to Metro. The Staff was VERY helpful and patient. The showers were awful - cold water and to get it tepid you had to keep pushing the water as it would stay on for just a minute at a time. Minimalist environment.

Lockers in the rooms would be nice, and hand driers in the toilet, but other than that, the place was excellent

• 15th Jun 2014

Great location, just it!

The shower was to small and you can't leave your things in a good place inside it. The breakfast is very simple, but good. The room for 4 people is really good and comfortable, the only problem was a window in the roof without a curtain so... it lets all the light from the morning pass trough your room. Wifi and Internet for free and really good. I didn't like the luggage room, anyone can take your things...it's better to leave your bag in the room. Good hostel, I'd definitely come back again.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel was unfriendly.On our first day at the hostel, the woman from the desk unlocked our door as we were sleeping and told us we had entered the wrong room. But in fact, the room we were in was the one she told us to go into. She was very nasty with us and claimed that it was our own fault. The staff entered our room on many occasions, despite us locking it. The people at the desk were unhelpful and mean and the nights are very loud. All in all, ho hum.

I had been there 2 nights I am not sure value for money.. Receptionist wasnt smiling and ı am not sure he was helpful. It writes breakfast but sure about it is not breakfast. There is to option.Milk and cornflakes OR orange juice, small bread, butter and jam..Hostel was like a box. Walls like a paper and all sound coming to rooms. Showers were so small,slippy,dirty and full of water. İf u search better ı m sure u can find cheaper and better places. So unfortunately I dont recommend this place..

Staff were unkind and not helpful. We booked an 8 bed dorm but we're put in a 10 bed. Wifi not working. It cost money for sheets and covers for the bed, and the blankets provided were filthy and old. Would not recommend this hostel.

Staff was less friendly than most hostels I've been too.

Wifi became sparse when rooms were fully booked. Shared push button showers take their time to heat up. Monotonous breakfast (five days only strawberry jam). The last night of our reservation had only one bed available and we were blindsided to change rooms without warning. Pay extra for towel, linens, and keycard deposit. Unutilized coffee and vending machines. Location near two metro stations, quiet, markets and shops aplenty, friendly staff, movie screenings, friendly fellow travelers.

• 2nd Jun 2014

they do what they have to do.. nothing else. The staff was really annoying in my experience, especially the girl staying in the mornings, but the place it´s ok if you are looking just for a place to sleep. basic breakfeast but at least it`s for free.

This hostel has a bare bone room with a table. It's very similar to the 3 ducks although not as clean. Obviously the best thing about this hostel is the price. It's cheap for where it's located. People do not mingle too much, but you can meet people in the lobby area. I thought the staff weren't too helpful and came off as rude.

• 29th May 2014

The hostel was very clean, the rooms are pretty big, compared to other hostels, the bathrooms were clean and everything worked. The lounge was comfortable and open and had a nice tv that we relaxed and watched at night. Wifi worked, and they have plenty of maps for people to take with them. It's a great location, too.

Unfriendly staff. Especially the woman with the "snob" hat.

The people at the front is not helpful at all. The beds ar small, old and not clean and the hostel charge you 6 euros for a set of sheets. The bathrooms are simply aweful. I totally discourage anyone to stay in the hostel unless it can't pay 10 euros more per night in which case there are much better options. The best thing in the hostel is the location but you are 15 blocks away from everything.

• 21st May 2014
  • Argentina

We didn't use electricity.Beacuse sockets didn't work.I could not charge my phone.Sheets was dirty and bathroom was dirty...

• 19th May 2014
  • Turkey

I like the hostel, we have no light but they repair it.

Just bed in Paris, nothing more. For whole floor (7 rooms, I think about 30 people) only ONE toilet and two showers. No electric sockets in room - IMHO worst thing for backpackers, when you have to charge mobiles, cameras etc almost everyday. Breakfast quite good.

When we arrived at the place we are recieved by an unfriendly face in the reception.The receptionist is bit strict and we are not comfortable to ask more what we want to know your place.The breakfast was good and the doorknob is not working properly.Not good to be mix with other people especially boys if there is no place to dress up properly.The place is good for transportation.

• 16th May 2014
  • Philippines

First of all the hostel was on remodelling during my stay, so not so cool but understandable, even tough some common areas closed bcs of this. Santiago from staff a bit rude, he didnt accept 5 cent euro coins I tried to pay with. Room was OK, beds with plugs, no light, shower in room but not toilette. Showers dirty after other guests used them. Didn't try free breakfast. Common areas good, free computers for using, luggage room and WiFi working very well. Still, work needs to be done.