Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

The room has a strange smell of mold. During day the bathroom and halls stay with loads of toilet paper on the floor. The bathroom has no light inside the box. It's good if you just want a place for sleep and for a shower.

Staff was helpful, rooms were colorful and fine. Top bunks have no bed guards. My floor was a bit noisy, but wore ear plugs to bed, breakfast was just enough to start the day. Pretty standard hostel, easy to meet other people staying there in the common area. Only real downfall are the horrible "press every 3 seconds or I'll turn off on you" showers.

The staff wasn't very friendly at all. The hostel basically provided a bed to stay in for the night. The only benefit was the free breakfast.

I really like this hostel because is in a very good location close to eiffel tower and subway station, you can easy get to any place from here.

I was happy that I only had to stay one night here. The beds are so creaky and you can hear literally everything going on in the hostel. The bathrooms also weren't that clean. As for the luggage room, there were tons of ants in there and even though it's locked anyone can say open the door and the staff will open it. I went in there to get something out of my bag and a guy was in there chilling on his computer. Guests shouldn't be allowed to hangout in that room.

• 13th Apr 2014

It was a very nice place to stay. I met a bunch of new people, it had a great breakfast, and it was very clean!

I recommend this hostel! Before to go there I read here many negative comments. It is not true. It is clean everyday, but what they don't have is a adequate drain at the bathroom. The water comes down and it looks after as not cleaned. The stuff was excellent (include also the people from the breakfast room). It is close to the Eiffel Tower (you can see directly from the hostel street) and there is a metro station very close (~150 m). No noises, no car around. I was happy to chose this hostel :)

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Romania

well we didnt get to stay at aloha apparently there was a "problem with the water" in the rooms that "suddenly happened last night" so they sent us to arty (which was pretty good) it was no where near the eiffel tower which was the whole and only reason i wanted to go to aloha, also a bit hard to find. other than that ill leave a review on arty was actually really good id go there again !

• 10th Apr 2014

Since first using the Aloha, I have seen no reason to use any other.

They nickel and dime you for everything in this place. A five dollar deposit for sheets, are you kidding me? Not only that, you have to pay for your stay in cash, no cars are allowed to be used for anything here. The showers were awful, I've never been to prison but hell it sure felt like it taking a shower there. I tried to refill my water bottle downstairs during breakfast and the guy pointed upstairs trying to make me spend 1.50 euros for water. I never write reviews but this time I had to.

• 5th Apr 2014

In paris u cant complaint much with this price, but was sick by 1 of the staff in the reception. Yes i dun speak french but she is pretty rude. I just want to open the luggage room door which she can help by just press a button for 0.01 second but she gave me a arrogant stare n make me wait until a bigbig group(>20ppl)finished the check-in. While miss arrogant why cant u do it the same time? Just press for 0.01 second! N ii totally dislike her attitude of answering question as if im a pig! Sick

I had the impression that some staffmembers weren't really motivated to help you. To questions they only answered as much as they had to or even in a bad way. For example we were told, that we could leave our luggage in the luggage-room only until 15:00. When I asked once more, I was told that 17:00 would be the last time possible because the person who has the key for the room, wouln't be there afterwards, which is absolutly foolish, because there is no key!

Nice hostel! Little expensive compared to what I'm used to but hey it is Paris!

The room and bathroom was clean. Common area had computers and sockets. My only issue was with reception. They were very cold and didn't explain anything. It was just very confusing and their attitude didn't make check in any easier. Then the key card didn't work and of course I received attitude for that as well. Breakfast was bread and cereal, wasn't terrible.

The toilets were very cramped and did not look well-maintained. There wasn't enough space to put my toiletries or hang my clothes and it generally felt claustrophobic.

Really nice :) , clean rooms and bathrooms, great student atmosphere, friendly staff , the breakfast its a plus. really near to the metro and in a good neighborhood. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends who are traveling to Paris next time.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

2nd time here, and i loved it

• 9th Mar 2014

Mostly grumpy staff. I walked down to eat at 7:25 am and the lady barked at me to go away. She wasn't ready. I said no problem I will just sit and wait. But she said no go back up. Wow

• 6th Mar 2014

the atmosphere is a little bit boring

the receptionist was so cute