Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

I thought the small and dirty showers were the worst until I woke up with bed bugs bites :( they changed my room because I complained but still it is very dirty. Not staying here again.

“The staff was not good. Especially the blonde staff who is working at reception. I gave 10 euros deposit just for the room key. When i check out, she said i took also sheets and she did not give my money back.”

My room mates came late and they switched on the light and made a big noise,they talked at least 40 minutes quiet loudly,so it was ANNOYING!!!!Except the noisy room mates I felt good indeed.

friendly staff, free bread all day

• 29th Aug 2014

When we arrived we didn't look up reviews too well, and I wish I did! Our sheets felt so dirty and not clean and then we read about people having bed bugs previously, we didn't get any thank god. Showers were gross and small, and the second night there sewage over flowed in the patio area... I was woken up the next morning to a guy cleaning it out. It was so gross. Location was great though and it's in a residential area so food next to it is cheap and very good!

The hostel was nice enough in a decent location. Because there were so many people, it tended to get dirty quickly, even though the staff cleaned thoroughly every morning. Showers were a flat floor that got completely soaked, combined with lack of sturdy hangers to put clothes = unpleasantly wet clothes. Breakfast and wifi were both good, 24 hour staff who were generally helpful. It's cheap but it's crowded. No huge problems or outstanding merits.

very good hostel!!! a great atmosphere!

i stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm for 3 night and most of the time just had 1 room mate. if you are looking for a cheap stay in paris just for a sleep in city centre then this works. the only thing that put me off is cleanliness - although its more to do with th ppl who stay than the staff there. the staff do take care to clan the place. the bathrooms are really small. close to eiffel tower and secure place.though i wouldnt come here again, as i dont mind paying higher for clean place.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • India

It's a good hostel. Considering that Paris is so expensive, this hostel is in good Price.Breackfast is excellent!!! Coffee, bread, cereal!!!You have lockers for free with your personal code, which is more secure. Staff in the kitchen is very kind! I would come back there!

Nobody at the reception looked up whill entering so walking up to the rooms was easy. Also for people who don't belong there. There were no luggage safes in the rooms only small ones for valuables near the reception. Dirty toilets

Chose this hostel because it said there was bicycle storage; there isn't! Very poor advertising. The reception staff, in particular the Spanish girl, didn't seem bothered and have no manners. Made up some awful excuse about us not being able to leave luggage in the store. Rooms are basic, you even have to leave a deposit for your beds sheets! Toilets were poor and missing tiles. Breakfast was poor. You will find a much nicer place to stay for this price where they make you feel welcome. Avoid!

• 15th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Nice hostel. The staff were helpful. Try to make lockers for bags in the room

Its good enough and has everything i needed, but i cant stay in the room from 11-17:00, bathroom is small. Other things are good

Well located hostel when using the subway; nothing special about the atmosphere and the social gathering. Lack of plugs in rooms and showers could be cleaner, bigger and better designed (too small and you will feel like in a hammam at the end). Rooms are ok; breakfast with bread, jam, butter, cereals, milk and orange juice. The rooms and common parts are clean.

• 7th Aug 2014

Okay hostel. No lockers in the dorms(at least in the four-bed mixed dorm we stayed in). 10-15 minuts walk to the Eiffel tower which was nice. Might wanna stay there again.

I was only here one night, but I had a good time. The hostel is a short walk to the Eiffel Tower, and it's in a lovely area full of cafés and brasseries. It's hard to find cheap food around, and it's not the most social hostel, but it fit the bill for what I needed.

It is difficult to find an affordable hostel in Paris. Aloha does the trick. It is in a good neighborhood. People who say it is far from the Eiffel tower I think do not realize how big Paris is. In relation to other places Aloha is quite close and the walk is a nice one too. (there's even bike share stations on the way) If you get the beds at the promo price it is the best. The staff were very helpful (occasionally grumpy). The breakfast is early but it motivated me to get the most out of paris

Bathrooms very poor. While place is tiny and cramped. No atmosphere.

The dorm was perfectly placed in a good location.It was a 15 minutes walk to the Eiffel Tower and its close to the metro station.For that alone,it's very good for travellers like me. It was priced ok but maybe a little bit too steep or expensive. Not recommended for budget travellers definitely.Staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast in the early morning was sufficient to get your early morning energy boost.Wifi signal wasn't too bad, but the toilets were REALLY SMALL and cramped.

• 29th Jul 2014