Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

Loved the staff, rooms were great, breakfast was the best hostel breakfast I've had, the only complaint I have is the showers were really cold yet on our last day we figured out you just have to press the button about a million times and then the water will heat up. Not a bad location, just a short metro ride from Paris nord.

The showers were shared between too many rooms and were not very clean. The water was freezing cold and there was no way to make the water warmer. The rooms weren't too bad for cleanliness. The staff was somewhat friendly, they gave us the wrong code to get into the hostel so good thing we ran into someone else staying at the hostel because they knew the right code to get into the building.

• 17th Aug 2013

The location is a bit annoying to get to from the metro. But it is a really nice place and the area is okay. I loved the atmosphere. My only suggestion is that if you want to stay here do not book the cheapest room. I say this because you are right by the smoking area and people talk loudly into the wee hours of the night. But if you don't care about that than its a pretty awesome spot.

The staff was great and the hostel is in a great location. The free computers were a great touch too. The shortage of power outlets in the rooms was annoying though. The showers were absolutely terrible. The had only cold water and the upstairs ones are built in closets that a tall person can't stand in. There was black mold and no hangers in one of them.

• 16th Aug 2013

Not enough bathrooms for the # of people on each floor, and one toilet on my floor did not work. The shower on my floor did not have hot water. The WiFi was slow and would kick off at times. There was only 1 power outlet in my room, and it was over one of the beds so no one but that person could use it. There were no fans in the shower and inadequate fans in the bathrooms. There needed to be a fan in the room as there was no ventilation or AC and it was stiflingly hot. Shower was mildewy.

had bed bugs

Highly disappointed in this hostel. Only good thing was the location. Breakfast was awful, staff were rude! Had to wait for one girl to finish a call to a friend before she would even help me & THEN she made me feel like I was inconveniencing her! The room smelt like urine, the showers took forever to heat up and then I was forced to pay 10 euro for leaving my bags over night, there was no signage advising of cost & I refused to pay, so they took my laptop & wouldn't give it back till I paid.

Really cool hostel, good facilities and nice rooms, free breakfast, 20 minute walk to Eiffel tower so not too far out of the centre, really close to a metro station and a supermarket too. It was quite expensive though, but I guess that's Paris.

Its a good hostel, it was something cheap to stay. Also i'ts close to sightseeings

No elevator. The stairs are narrow and dangerous. The showers are too small. The dinning room is quite dark and not very clean.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Spain

They need to provide better breakfast and reception needs to have more choices of beer/food. Wifi strength needs to be improved.

They only had small lockers downstairs in the lobby. It was a bit far from the touristy stuff, but near a block metro. The staff knew where stuff was, but I've stayed at hostels with friendlier staff. Paris is just expensive so good luck finding a cheap hostel. There were only two bathrooms and one shower for each of the two floors in the main building so about 30 people were sharing the one shower and two bathrooms.

The bathrooms are too small and not very clean. Wi-fi only at the reception.

Was quite a walk from the centre on Paris. Reception was OK, Free WIFI and bread rolls in the morning. Getting to our room was tight and cramped. The whole building was a little run down including the room. The room was however kept clean. The communal shower room was small hot and dirty and the shower was cold, more like a broom cupboard, and no private space to get changed. Not a great experience but was bearable for just the one night.

• 26th Jul 2013

dont book this hostel!! 1. COLD and DIRTY showers 2. rude staff 3. wifi doesnt work in the rooms 4. plugs dont work in the room 4. no bathroom light 5. no security at front door the ONLY good thing was the free crepes around 6pm

• 25th Jul 2013

overall is good.

• 24th Jul 2013
  • Taiwan

The hostel was ok overall, just really need to improve the showers, the water was cold and you have to keep pressing a button for the water to come out. Also it would be nice if the wi-fi worked in the rooms.

Loved this place. Proper hostel, friendly staff, full facilities, great atmosphere. The free breakfast is a great plus. I'd recommend aloha to anyone wanting to budget in Paris.

The hostel was great! It says it's within walking distance but that's a bit of a stretch. It was at least a 45 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, the louvre, Norte dame, etc. but still doable. The only problem I had was the wifi didn't work. It worked for the first day then absolutely nothing. After reading reviews from another site apparently the wifi is always out! It's my fault for not reading the reviews but they shouldn't advertise wifi when it never works!

Cheapest place I could find, and it ended up being not a bad hostel! Wifi isn't the greatest. The breakfast was pretty decent! Museli and a baguette...filling and tasted great!

• 17th Jul 2013