Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

I stayed in this hostel for three nights during my recent trip to Paris. The staff were not always kind nor willing to help; I felt like I was bothering them with my questions. They have beers and water bottles for sale at the location which was nice. They have many computers to use so you do not have to wait for one. I enjoyed the feel of the hostel.

I thought it was an average hostel experience. I was not particularly impressed or let down. The sheets needed a 5euro deposit and the key 1euro which you get back but was still an inconvenience. They don't take credit cards. The sheets seemed a bit dirty and the bathrooms and showers were less than desirable. All in all for the price we paid I felt we did not get our money's worth. We have had much better experiences for half, even a third, of the price.

DO NOT GO THERE! Showers are the worst, the door to my room didn't lock, stuff got stolen in the room... I had bedbugs and after speaking to other people at the hostel, I wasn't the only one. Staff wasn't really helpful, when I went to the front desk to ask them questions, it seemed to bother them. Probably the worst hostel I've been to!

Some showers don't have hot water all the time and dont have space to leave your stuff, the bathrooms aren't very clean

Nice kitchen and comfortable rooms, all the showers I had turned off every 10 or so seconds and there is no way to control the heat at all, so goes from freezing to way too hot in about 1.5 - 2 minutes. Overall the hostel was clean, safe and located in a nice area with shops close and the metro close by. Staff were ok, but were quite rude to some of the guests at times. I didn't have any issues with them though, so just going on what I saw. The provided breakfast is okay.

The hostel was very good, good location. The staffs aren't so friendly. The breakfast is terrible, but have a lot of cafes nearby the hostel. Good atmosphere although.

I sleep like a rock. Comfy bed. Breakfast was healthy and sustained me till mid afternoon. Thank you. Will come again next time I'm in Paris

• 5th Oct 2013

The shower should be leaned more the one through the day considering its shared between an entire floor.

This is the fithiest hostel ever. Bathrooms were disgusting, very few and very dirty. Hot water was not hot at all in the shower, there were bed bugs in the room, they don't take credit cards, wi fi did not work, and they charged a deposit for the sheets.

Aloha is a great Hostel. BReakfast is Good, rooms clean everyday, beds very clean. The shower is terrible... Here in Brasil we have water available for shower, we dont need to press the button to have water, and we can control the water temperature, as every hostel all over the world. Nevertheless, it's a great hostel!! I recommend it.

the showers sucks!

Perfect location, close to everything important and there's a super market right down the street. The kitchen was not well equipped, but that didn't stop anyone from cooking. Dining area is spacious. It's easy to make friends. I would recommend, especially if you are traveling alone and intend to find travel buddies.

I liked the 4-bed dorm I stayed in with my friend. But I think you could do with two staff on at all times. As when trying to inquire about shuttle buses, if they could suggest where to eat....etc, I found the staff very unhelpful/very blunt (like I was bothering them with a couple of my questions) and at one time the receptionist was on the phone chatting for about 10 minutes, whilst there about 5 people wanting her attention.

It is not bad for the money that you paid, it's crowded and there is a problem that they do not respect to the payment rules of HostelWorld if you want to change your reservation. it can be more clean.

The bathrooms were filthy! Building in very poor repair. Price was outrageous. Stayed at Hostel in Florence for same price with air conditioning, outdoor pool, clean and well kept. Health dept should close you down. Kathy Cossuto

• 22nd Sep 2013

Wifi works only on the living room and stopped to work more than once. Bathrooms really smalls and I got one poorly dirty the other one leaked water all over the bedroom.

Good hostel, but there was problem with wifi every day. Very small bathroom without window... But the big advantage is included breakfast - it was very good! Next advantage is location - you are in the city centre.

Not enough bathrooms or plugs in rooms. Wifi was sketchy. The location was fairly close to metro and in a safe area, but still not really close to anything. Breakfast room to crowded, not enough seats. Overall decent stay/value, just not a highlight of my trip

Good place, helpful staff, nice atmosphere, reasonably clean, Unfortunately the hot water was broken the day I stayed, -it was just an unfortunate thing that could happen anywhere. Overall a good hostel.

The light in the shower hung by just an exposed wire. Bathrooms for us was outside like an outhouse only half the size. Night staff was nice enough to point out that I wasn't in a 3 star hotel and that all hostels are like this. I have stayed in hostels in several countries now and would never recommend this one to anyone. You should consider looking into this yourself to see if you wish to still recommend this on your site.

(1908 results)