Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

I stayed two night in Aloha Hostel, Paris; clean, comfortable and handy for visiting the sights in Paris. I had a very satisfactory stay.

• 6th Dec 2013

They should have temperature control for the showers

This was the worst hostel that I stayed at on my 3 month trip. When I arrived with a huge luggage, as it was the end of my trip, I was not warmly welcomed. The rude front desk admin told me I was on the 3rd floor and I asked for help up one flight of stairs since there is no elevator, he simply responded, "No!", and continued to surf the web. The bathroom sinks were poorly positioned & the floors were constantly wet, dragging mud into the room. The kitchen was unsanitary. I don't recommend it!!

I really don't get why the hostel does not have an elevator, it's really an inconvenience . Furthermore the smell in the toilets and showers isn't good, even if it's early in the morning. If you are going to offer breakfast, then it has to be good, otherwise don't bother

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Lesotho

A veru nice place to be, very friendly and flexible

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Kenya

about 10 stops from city centre by subway, bath room is small and looked dirty

There was one power point in our room, no reading lights and no safety barrier for the top bunk in our 4-bed dormitory, though the beds were reasonably comfortable. You have to pay a deposit for linen and towels, but it was only 5 euros from memory. The free breakfast was quite good and the staff were nice. The directions on the website made sense and we didn't have trouble navigating our way from the train station. Aloha hostel was nothing special, but it wasn't an unpleasant stay overall.

I stayed in this hostel for three nights during my recent trip to Paris. The staff were not always kind nor willing to help; I felt like I was bothering them with my questions. They have beers and water bottles for sale at the location which was nice. They have many computers to use so you do not have to wait for one. I enjoyed the feel of the hostel.

I thought it was an average hostel experience. I was not particularly impressed or let down. The sheets needed a 5euro deposit and the key 1euro which you get back but was still an inconvenience. They don't take credit cards. The sheets seemed a bit dirty and the bathrooms and showers were less than desirable. All in all for the price we paid I felt we did not get our money's worth. We have had much better experiences for half, even a third, of the price.

DO NOT GO THERE! Showers are the worst, the door to my room didn't lock, stuff got stolen in the room... I had bedbugs and after speaking to other people at the hostel, I wasn't the only one. Staff wasn't really helpful, when I went to the front desk to ask them questions, it seemed to bother them. Probably the worst hostel I've been to!

Some showers don't have hot water all the time and dont have space to leave your stuff, the bathrooms aren't very clean

Nice kitchen and comfortable rooms, all the showers I had turned off every 10 or so seconds and there is no way to control the heat at all, so goes from freezing to way too hot in about 1.5 - 2 minutes. Overall the hostel was clean, safe and located in a nice area with shops close and the metro close by. Staff were ok, but were quite rude to some of the guests at times. I didn't have any issues with them though, so just going on what I saw. The provided breakfast is okay.

The hostel was very good, good location. The staffs aren't so friendly. The breakfast is terrible, but have a lot of cafes nearby the hostel. Good atmosphere although.

I sleep like a rock. Comfy bed. Breakfast was healthy and sustained me till mid afternoon. Thank you. Will come again next time I'm in Paris

• 5th Oct 2013

The shower should be leaned more the one through the day considering its shared between an entire floor.

This is the fithiest hostel ever. Bathrooms were disgusting, very few and very dirty. Hot water was not hot at all in the shower, there were bed bugs in the room, they don't take credit cards, wi fi did not work, and they charged a deposit for the sheets.

Aloha is a great Hostel. BReakfast is Good, rooms clean everyday, beds very clean. The shower is terrible... Here in Brasil we have water available for shower, we dont need to press the button to have water, and we can control the water temperature, as every hostel all over the world. Nevertheless, it's a great hostel!! I recommend it.

the showers sucks!

Perfect location, close to everything important and there's a super market right down the street. The kitchen was not well equipped, but that didn't stop anyone from cooking. Dining area is spacious. It's easy to make friends. I would recommend, especially if you are traveling alone and intend to find travel buddies.

I liked the 4-bed dorm I stayed in with my friend. But I think you could do with two staff on at all times. As when trying to inquire about shuttle buses, if they could suggest where to eat....etc, I found the staff very unhelpful/very blunt (like I was bothering them with a couple of my questions) and at one time the receptionist was on the phone chatting for about 10 minutes, whilst there about 5 people wanting her attention.

(1915 results)