Aloha Hostel Reviews

1 Rue Borromee, 75015 Paris, Paris, France

too noisy and poor electricity facilities

Nice place, clean, atmosphere is great. I think that a price of 30 euro is too much for hostel. But everything else is wonderful

• 24th Mar 2013
  • Croatia

Upon calling the hostel, the girl was very rude.., which so am I, but she had that crappy condescending attitude. Based on her accent, she was probably American and from Cali. Under the dirty, hairy blanket I found on my bed, was a gift...A RAZOR BLADE WITH A WHITE RESIDUE ON IT...no lie. Had a good laugh bout that one. The best part of the stay there, though, was talking with Santiago, the South American employee. Great guy.

• 7th Mar 2013

There shouldn't be a sheet deposit system. Our neighbors didn't shell out and we had to see them use the free blankets on the dirty mattress. For 30 euros, we were locked out in the middle of the day, had to pay a sheet deposit, had no hot water to shower in (you were supposed to keep pressing a button for it to spray freezing water), a freezing room and inconsistent wifi. If it was cheaper, I would have had less complaints...

• 21st Feb 2013

My stay was AWFUL!! We got put into a 10 person room with 5 other roommates even though we reserved a 6 person room and there was NO HEAT! We had a hotel ready to book the next morning if they gave us our money back for the following 2 nights we were supposed to be there. They didnt refund us and the next two night there was a little heat. We still had to sleep with 5 layers of clothes on. The bathrooms weren't very clean either. They did have free breakfast and it was easy to walk to attrations

• 21st Feb 2013

i only stayed for one night, so i don't know much about the atmosphere of the place. the toilets and beds were okay. the price was very cheap for paris and the free breakfast was simple but satisfying. i only wish they had said more clearly about the price of the linen. i just used the pillow and blanket, but for a longer stay it would be better to have it.

The space is really small and hard to carry lyggage up the stairs. They dont change sheets after someone checks out (i had to used unwashed sheets). One restroom per floor and the shower curtaibs smelled like fungus.

• 18th Feb 2013

Nice hostel with not so helpfull staff

Had a great stay! the staff all speak English and are very willing to help in anyway possible! thanks!

The staff Nicole is a stupid man. If you need anythyng, the receptionist was terrible.

The check-in was at a ridiculous time (4 pm) and the free wifi and breakfast were both subpar and not worth the money I spent to stay at the hostel. The breakfast ended by 9 and the wifi was so overloaded with people that I had to wait 20 minutes just to open the internet. In addition, at checkout they required a receipt for my sheets (a receipt they had not given me) and said I could not get my deposit without it, even though I had my sheets in my hand and they me on record. I DO NOT recommend

• 16th Feb 2013

My room was freezing. It's the middle of February, the heat needs to be working. It was impossible to enjoy my stay while I'm that cold.

• 8th Feb 2013

Overall the hostel was fine; however, the staff (one male in particular) were quite rude and unhelpful.

It's the dirtiest hostel that I've ever stayed. There is just one shower per floor and it's very dirty. If you close the shower curtain, you cann't see anything, because it's dark, there is just one light. There are any locker and the heater smells burn.

check in 16:00, Check out 11:00 ( 5 hours to cleaning, thats the excuse, but iv never seen a bathroom so dirty like that, worse than public toilet in china ) .. i'll never stay in this place in my life, i'll never walk in the same street of this place in my WHOLE life, €30 euros, and you have to give deposit for bed sheets, breakfast HORRIBLE, better charge €20 without breakfast, shower, ahhhh shower, Jesus Christ, have to find a word to describe how disgusting it is that , wi-fi, ridiculous...

Great hostel, and if your primarily english speaking even more helpful. Service was wonderful, and no problems with other hostel member. Location was good 25 min walk to the Eiffel, and well known with city taxies. I will look for more Alohas when I travel, 10/10.

• 2nd Feb 2013

Although I've stayed in nicer hostels in Paris in the past, they were also about 25% more expensive. Aloha probably has the best price-to-value ratio of any I've been to. So if you're looking for the cheapest of the "good" hostel options, Aloha is a smart choice. But if having a hot shower is something you "need", then pay the extra 15 euros for a nicer hostel. :-)

Overall the place was relatively pleasant. The girl at the reception was incredibly helpful and hospitable; however another male staff at the same counter working night shifts was somewhat frustrated and relectant to do any work; so much so it was even difficult to approach him for anything. The showers had hot water in the morning and the breakfast was sufficient and well prepared. The rooms were not too crammed however there had been a sense of dampness in the rooms that made it uncomfortable

Very relaxed and cool hostel, grest location. Would definitely stay again.

• 15th Jan 2013

We had a great week at Aloha, the location was ideal for the things we wanted to do in Paris. We thought the rooms were ok value for money, though the lack of power points and heaters in some rooms was a big let down. Showers were rarely hot. Staff were great (especially Jess), when our room was smoked in she moved us very quickly into another room a tour request. Breakfast was basic but good value and the hostel was clean (can't say the same for all the occupants!)