AlpLodge / BackPackers Interlaken Reviews

Marktgasse 59, Interlaken, Switzerland

I really liked my room with a balcony and a sink in the room. Unfortunately were in my room no lockers but they use a keycard system so the place itself is pretty safe. Also really cool is the rooftop terrace with the inside and outside area. I would say not the typical backpackers place but a modern and well equipped hostel for a good deal :) Would definitely go again if I'm back in Interlaken.

quiet hostel with nice view. I really liked it's big and clean shower room. recommendable.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • South Korea

The staff was great, everything is very clean, organised and confortable. Very near to the west train station and to the centre as well!

• 31st Mar 2014

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff were amazing and so helpful with all of our questions. The location is perfect! Right at the bottom of the top of Europe so you can do many day trips in all different directions. The view from our room and the balcony was absolutely stunning. I originally had 2 nights booked and I ended up booking another 3 I loved it that much. The staff do a great job of keeping the place clean after certain guests who can be very messy.

Very friendly and helpful staff, I appreciate the opportunity to check-in since day one. Comfortable beds, lacking the ability to lock the cabinet, sufficient and tasty breakfast. I'm sure I'll be back for more days.

جداً جداً ممتاز ورخيص اما النظافة حدث ولا حرج نضيف الي ابعد درجة موقعه في السنتر ممتاز أيضاً I write my review by Arabic . so please pass it to the Arabic reader.

Excellent value for money. Everything was great except for the wifi which was a little finicky and rarely worked in our room. Staff was very friendly, beds and rooms were large and comfortable, great kitchen and lounge area. All round an excellent hostel for a decent price!

• 20th Mar 2014

Really nice backpacker, toliet facilities are really nice but there are not many. No lockers in room but key cards to each room made it feel safer. Good breakfast but quite a small kitchen. Staff were nice and helpful. A relaxing backpackers not partying

Dear Guest Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to read that you had a good time. As our hostel was built more than 200 years ago it is not too soundproof. That's why we try to convince our guests to party outdoors and once the party is over, they can come back and get a good sleep at our place. We hope to see you again soon.

Secure hostel in nice location near train station and right by river. Close to shopping and restaurants. Staff was very friendly though treated the attached hotel goers with higher priority. Not much atmosphere, people were generally in their rooms while we were there, but plenty of opportunity at communal breakfasts (sufficient meal). Clean and good value overall.

nice view, clean room, good location, close train station within 5 minutes

Dear Guest Thank you very much for having shared your experiences. We hope to welcome you again another time.

Really good location and everything is alright But I have to say that there's way too few bathroom and toilet in this hostel so it ends waiting long for bathroom and someone knocking the door when you are bathing!

Dear Guest Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to read that you had a good stay. During your stay all our dorm beds were booked and in winter season all guests come back to the hostel at around the same time and want to shower then. We are sorry for the long waiting time you experienced. Our hostel offers 4 bathrooms with showers and another 2 toilets and normally guests do not have to wait more than a few minutes. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Great place, very close to the station, clean, confortable, the staff were kind and helpful. The only drawback is that some guests didn't manage to keep the kitchen clean. But I definitely recommend this place.

We were really happy with our room and all the amenities at AlpLodge. The staff were extremely helpful with any inquiries we had, and were very polite and respectful . Our room was warm and clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The shower was great and the beds were comfortable, just what we needed after a long day's travel. The town had many places to eat to choose from, and a little supermarket close by. We made breakfast each morning in the kitchen upstairs, and enjoyed the balcony views.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Great location, breakfast is more than enough. Bathrooms are cleaned constantly. A bit lacking in atmosphere, but everything else makes up for that.

Close to all sightseeings. It is simple but offers everything that a traveller needs and has a beautiful lake aside and an amazing view of the mountains.

The shower and toilets were very clean . The rooms feel a little more gloomy though as the television was very small. In our room, the tap cannot be turned off completely and dripped through the night, a little wasteful. The common room was great and prob have to put up some signs to remind those who borrowed cultery to return them. We were out of forks one night. We left our luggage as arrive early. Receptionist could have offered us the travel card first before we went out.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your comment. We are happy that you had a good stay in our Alplodge in Interlaken and hope that we can welcome you another time at our nice place. Kind regards, Alplodge-Team

Great hostel! Less than a 10 minute walk to the West Train Station, rooms were large, lots of private bathrooms, and the kitchen/dining room was awesome! Porch that allows you to overlook over the city and mountains in every direction. Friendly staff, would definitely come here again!

Dear Guest, Thank you for the nice comment! We are very happy to hear you were satisfied with our staff and place. Please do not forget, our doors are allways open to welcome you again! Kind regards from the beautiful Interlaken, Alplodge-Team

We were in the Interlaken Alplodge for 1 day. The location of the hostel is very convinient, near to station. It was well maintained. The staff was very helpful and guided us for the places to visit. In all it was value for money.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we won your satisfaction. We allways try to give our best for less money. If you are looking for a cheap accomodation in this region, do not forget, our doors are open to welcome you again. Kind regards from the nice Interlaken, Alplodge-Team

It was a decent stay. I wish they had lockers in the rooms. The bedding was a little bit uncomfortable, but at least they gave us a comforter. The staff was very welcoming and nice, and the location was perfect though!

• 24th Oct 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your comment! We are very sorry that it was no lockers in the rooms. It is possible to lock your things downstairs, but we also recognise, it would be more comfortable in the room. We will not forget your proposal and try to make some changes for the satisfaction of the guests. Kind regards from the nice Interlaken, Alplodge-Team

Great hostel, very friendly staff, very beautiful view from the balcony, nice breakfast, very clean showers. One of the best hostels I've been to.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your nice comment! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Alplodge. We always try to give our best and win the satisfaction of the guests. Please, do not forget, if you plan a trip in this region again, our doors are always open to welcome you! Kind regards from the beautiful Interlaken, Alplodge-Team