AlpLodge / BackPackers Interlaken Reviews

Marktgasse 59, Interlaken, Switzerland

The room is very commfortable and the staff and the location are all very good! But bathroon and WC are not enough for the people who stay there. They are too less.

Very convenient location, of note, it is located near the interlaken west station, but it is the interlaken east station that is connected to all the jungfrau railways, and it is a bit further away. The room was small but neat, we felt that it may be a bit insecure but nothing happened. The kitchen and the common room was nice and clean. The public bathroom was reasonably clean and we didn't have to wait in line to use it. Couldn't ask for more at this price range.

Great rooftop terrace

If your looking for a true hostel this is not it. Although it was clean and well located the cost of the hostel compared to what you get is not worth it at all. The blinds in my room didn't work (wouldn't close) the shower head spun around and sprayed all over the bathroom because it was probably the same one the hotel was built with. If you want somewhere for a night sure but if your planning a stay in interlaken there are way better options.

This place is adorable. It's a quirky looking hotel, kind of old-looking but in such a good way. I felt like I was staying on the set of a Wes Anderson movie. They could use a few more bathrooms, but other than that everything was great. Big open kitchen, plenty of fridge and food storage, open rooftop deck for amazing views of the Alps! The rooms were clean and so comfortable. Cozy beds with fluffy blankets, individual power outlets, reading lamps, and lockers. Sink in room.

Room is too small. Uncomfortable but not bad...

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

As we had a car we hired it cost 12 swiss francs to park i thought that was rather high! The actual accomodation was great clean and spacious! staff quite helpful, expensive but all of switzerland is!!!!

• 10th Jul 2014

Such a pretty atmosphere! The location as perfect and overlooks the river in Interlaken. By far the most beautiful hostel view I had in all of Switzerland.

Nice hostel. Clean and in a nice location. You can walk to the shopping area where they sell lots of watches and swiss knives. Nice memory foam mattress. Good view of the river and mountain from the room. Has a lift, very helpful when you have a heavy luggage. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. I'll come back here if I'm ever in Interlaken again. Clean showers and bathroom, not the communal type which is great!

Well what can I say, great Hostel and lovely staff. Extremely clean and welcoming. You won't be disappointed staying here. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm, roomy and spacious. Bathroom facilities also very clean and new. The location of the hostel is close to the town centre for exploring. Super visit!

Very nice hostel. Close to the train station. Right next to a beautiful river and surrounding mountains. Within walking distance to the tram up to the Harder Kulm lookout point which was beautiful. Free breakfast was very good. Showers seemed a bit dirty but overall I enjoyed my stay. Would definitely recommend.

The hostel is located right in the city centre, a few minutes walk from Interlaken West along the railway. The bathrooms are shared and well equipped. The breakfast is continental and provides a good choice. There are lockers in the rooms, but bring your own lockpads. I would definitely recommend it and would come again for sure.

Scenic location near both Int Ost/West; one of the better free breakfasts you will find at any hostel; close to supermarkets. Rooms are compact although large lockers are provided. Excellent meeting area and outdoor terrace - great for interacting with other travellers and finding out the best routes. Overall a positive experience.

It is near the Interlaken West station, but 20-30 mins to OST. There are supermarkets near the hostel. The hostel will provide you a visitor card and it is free to take the bus to Thun and Brien. The Wifi is weak and sometime cannot be connected at room.

Very nice, clean hostel. Perfect if you just need a good, reasonably priced place to stay. The atmosphere was a little quiet for me and not as social as other hostels. Good wifi but poor breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay at the AlpLodge. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. I am very glad that breakfast was provided every morning, and the woman who kept restocking all of the food did a fantastic job.

Staff good be nicer and more engaging. They should take initiative to help. Often no one was at the hostel front desk.

The location was great in the city, but there were not many outlets for us to use. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but I would recommend renting out padlocks for people to use. The lockers for storage during the day could also be bigger or perhaps have more for more people to store their things. I think that there should be specific times when the rooms will be cleaned so there is no confusion.

The 4 bed room i was in was very small. Internet works... sort of, sometimes. Reception is professional and proficient, but seems to only care with the technicalities; not interested in seeing that you enjoy yourself here and want to come back. Amazing open air terrace on top of the hostel. I can only find four toilet/shower combo rooms. I was one of only a very few European, N. American, or Aussie's there. Everyone else from Asia. It should be a good place to stay, but has no character at all.

A very nice hostel with a good breakfast included! The only issue I had was when my dorm bed had only a couple of inches between it and the person next to me (with no barriers), so we were practically cuddling which was uncomfortable. I luckily was able to pull my bed back a couple more inches which made a big difference.

« first « Prev 1 2 3