Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Staff extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Wanted to charge another night just we check out 10 minutes to late which was actually not our fault...

It is impossible to put into words how bad this hostel is. It is run by people who are completely incompetent. Reservations are not honoured, beds and rooms are allocated to other people whilst people are still in them, the staff lie repeatedly when claiming they are resolving the multitude of issues... the list goes on. During three horrendous days staying here we didn't meet one person who had not been similarly affected. Do yourself a favour and don't stay here!

Basically it took them a whole day to give me a bed (that wasn't already occupied), after moving me 3 times because either they realized someone was already there or they gave my bed away to someone else, even though I had done my check in. They didn't apologize or make any effort to make the situation a bit less of a mess. They were rude to me, barely changed the bed sheets in the bed, the floor in the room hadn't been cleaned in quite a while... and I wasn't the only one with problems.

we usually never answer comments of our costumers because they have the right to what they think about us we will like to mention the nexts facts 1._ this french people didnt speak english at all and very litle spanish so it was a big comunication problems. 2._they was a incovenionce to give the room its true and they were right to complain but we give them the first night for free for this inconvenience 3._they left the hostal with out paying ,we wish the best for them

I really liked this hostel! It's hot a great vibe and it's super easy to organise your treks and activities from here. I definitely recommend.

Fantastic place to stay in Huaraz! Clean, affordable accommodation with comfy beds, very helpful and friendly staff, decent little bar with cheap drinks and a roof terrace with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. We even booked our tour to Laguna 69 through the hostel, as it was cheaper than most of the other tour operators... The best the other companies could do was match the price! Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!!

We were in a private double room and everything was perfect! Not far from restaurants and shops, friendly staff, beautiful views from the terrace and the tours through them are good value for money. Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!

A really nice hostel nice massage service and rooms are clean and bigs they have a nice bar with a good atmosphere breakfast is good I recommended Alpes hostal is also a good location quiet to sleep and close to the center best hostel in my all trip by South America

• 13th Aug 2014

Staff were friendly and helped us book our trek and give us ideas of to do even if it wasn't through the hostel directly. Sorted us a room when we turned late and didn't ask for more money. The only negatives were the noise at 5:30am for people going on treks (hard to avoid) and the slow service at breakfast.

Very happy with this hostel. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean. Free breakfast was a nice touch too

Good atmosphere, staff are friendly, beds are comfortable and good location. Bags are secure to leave if going trekking.

I had a great time in the hostel !the place was very clean, comfortable and the staff helped me in everything I needed! highly recommend the hostel !

• 31st Jul 2014

Only hostal I really didn't like on my trip. The owner seems genuinly not happy to have any guests in his 'house'. He told me bluntly that I didn't have a reservation, and that I should show my hostelworld reservation on paper. He wanted to kick me out, but luckaly one of his sons, who was laughing about the matter, arranged a bed. The sons, who organise the treks, are party animals unable of arranging the most basic things and are just out to sleep with every girl that comes in. Don't go here.

Great hostel with a central courtyard and indoor soft seating area with bar. Had some epic nights in the bar hanging with the staff. Arrived to some confusion; no record of my online booking and fully booked due to the holiday weekend. Staff did accommodate me however, others where in the same situation. The older couple are pretty unfriendly, but the brothers who run the place are helpful and knowledgeable about hikes/climbing in the area.

Good hostel, clean and basic rooms.Good breakfast, lockers and nice accomodation room. Kitchen was ok, but sometimes dirty. We booked the laguna 69 Tour with them and it was amazing. But a lot of strange and dirty People stay there and are the hole time drunken and loud.

My view is clouded by being robbed of my passport, cards and my money as I slept in the aptly-named room 101 dormitory by another person who checked out early. Neither the hostel management showed any interest in trying to catch the culprit. Management just said it was my fault for not locking my stuff in the lockers in reception. The hostel itself was ok and the bar staff friendly.

hot water is not available all day. there are a couple really helpful staff, but sometime they will be gone for a day for trips.

Good place to base treks out of in Huaraz. Nice small bar area where its easy to meet people.

Nice place with a good breakfast. Staff are a good laugh and keen to give you lots of info about all the different treks and ensure you make the most of your time there. Decent little bar area too.

Best hostel with best view in town!

I will recommend this hostel to anyone going to Huaraz. As soon as I arrived I felt welcome and at home. The atmosphere is great with a common-area inside and outside, were its easy to get to know other travelers and the people who work there. easy to get a tour and hike n fear price !!

• 10th Jun 2014