Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Staff were friendly and helped us book our trek and give us ideas of to do even if it wasn't through the hostel directly. Sorted us a room when we turned late and didn't ask for more money. The only negatives were the noise at 5:30am for people going on treks (hard to avoid) and the slow service at breakfast.

Very happy with this hostel. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean. Free breakfast was a nice touch too

Good atmosphere, staff are friendly, beds are comfortable and good location. Bags are secure to leave if going trekking.

I had a great time in the hostel !the place was very clean, comfortable and the staff helped me in everything I needed! highly recommend the hostel !

• 31st Jul 2014

Great hostel with a central courtyard and indoor soft seating area with bar. Had some epic nights in the bar hanging with the staff. Arrived to some confusion; no record of my online booking and fully booked due to the holiday weekend. Staff did accommodate me however, others where in the same situation. The older couple are pretty unfriendly, but the brothers who run the place are helpful and knowledgeable about hikes/climbing in the area.

Good hostel, clean and basic rooms.Good breakfast, lockers and nice accomodation room. Kitchen was ok, but sometimes dirty. We booked the laguna 69 Tour with them and it was amazing. But a lot of strange and dirty People stay there and are the hole time drunken and loud.

My view is clouded by being robbed of my passport, cards and my money as I slept in the aptly-named room 101 dormitory by another person who checked out early. Neither the hostel management showed any interest in trying to catch the culprit. Management just said it was my fault for not locking my stuff in the lockers in reception. The hostel itself was ok and the bar staff friendly.

hot water is not available all day. there are a couple really helpful staff, but sometime they will be gone for a day for trips.

Nice place with a good breakfast. Staff are a good laugh and keen to give you lots of info about all the different treks and ensure you make the most of your time there. Decent little bar area too.

Best hostel with best view in town!

I will recommend this hostel to anyone going to Huaraz. As soon as I arrived I felt welcome and at home. The atmosphere is great with a common-area inside and outside, were its easy to get to know other travelers and the people who work there. easy to get a tour and hike n fear price !!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Norway

I am currently staying in the hostel with a group of friends and instructors from the army from england. The hostel clearly attracts a healthy number of travellers and mountaineers from all parts of the world and it has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The rooms are nice the beds are comfortable, the view over the city and surrounding mountains is wonderful and it is only a 5 minute walk into the city centre. thanks to Alpes huaraz hostel

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Austria

It was great, booked all my tours through them. Staff helped with everything.

Nice location, satisfactory and quiet

Security wasn't so good. Although they have lockers, we went out one day after locking our room and came back to the door being wide open. Staff said they must have forgotten to lock it again... Also very loud at night, not great for waking up at 530 to do regular activities during the day.

Very nice, good all in all, just need to work on cleness. P.s Laundary service is not recomanded, managed to ruin 2 tshirts.

Stayed for a week, located in a quite place just a couple of minutes from the center of the town, The staff was very pleasant and all the tours I booked from the hostel were excellent and in a fair price. When I stayed at the hostel about 70% of the people were from Israel

I had a private room and it was very spacious with a very clean private bathroom. Dorms are also spacious and very nice. Good view from the roof terrace. Great hot showers and down duvet.

The hostel is very nice and clean and beds very confy, it would be the perfect place to stay in Huaraz but unfortunately the place lacks major atmosphere. I am a person who likes quiet hostels and I dispise party hostels, but this is just a boring hostel. Also, the hostal was packed with Israelitas taking up all the spaces where one can go to relax. I did not like the fact that there was no hot water for tea making available when we want, being in altitude and all it would be nice.

Nice and generally clean hostel. They could use some more staff as the ones they have cannot handle more than one thing at a time. Good place to hook up with people to start a trek. Great laundry service

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts