• Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Fabulous 617 Total Reviews
Fabulous 617 Total Reviews
Alpes Huaraz Located at Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz.
Peru
Huaraz Ancash 043 Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco
83% 617
-9.5291995 -77.5236618
    Rooms available

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Nov 2016

We took an overnight bus from Lima, arriving at 7 am. We went to the hostel (a short walk from the Cruz del Sur bus station and city center) to drop our luggage and our room was already prepared! The hostel has a really fun atmosphere with lots of chill backpackers and wonderful, dedicated staff members. Juan helped us out a lot, insisting we make ourselves at home and helping us plan our activities. The hostel even helped us organize a day trip to Chavín. 100% would stay here again!

• USA, Female, 31-40
19th Nov 2016

Great hostel. Best location in Huaraz. Super close to downtown, but a little tucked away on a cute little street, which makes it peaceful and serene. Great place to hang around at if you don't feel like going out. Wonderful staff! Juan was so helpful and always made sure we were happy. He was great! So was Eduardo. I want to return to Huaraz just so that I can hang out at this hostel. Would highly recommend!!

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
18th Nov 2016

My stay at Alpes Huaraz was great. The main reason being the staff, Juan and Eduardo,were extremely accommodating and hospitable. They helped my girlfriend and I and were genuine in doing so. My girlfriend was sick and they did more than they needed to. Juan was also extremely knowledgeable when it came to planning our treks. We like to trek on our own and Juan helped us even though we were not treking with them The rooms are also clean and well kept. They also have a well equipped kitchen.

15th Nov 2016
7.7

Nice place, very helpful staff especially the manager if you want it he is happy to arrange it for you. Would stay again.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
13th Nov 2016

Amazing hostel! Short walk from the Cruz Del Sur bus station and many great places to eat. What really made our experience wonderful was Juan, one of the many friendly staff at the hostel. He made us feel like friends rather than guests and wanted to make sure we had the best experience in Huaraz. He set us up with two amazing trips in the Cordillera Blanca and answered any and all questions we had. He was a welcome face to come back to you after our 4 day trek!

• England, Couple, 25-30
9th Nov 2016

Surrounded by beautiful views we really enjoyed our stay here. The facilities were good, very large kitchen, comfy sofas in the bar area and free bag storage. We booked 3 trips through them- horse riding (can find cheaper elsewhere), the glacier (great trip) and lagoon 69 (incredible trip). The staff were helpful, very friendly and polite. Would definitely stay again and for longer. The only downside was the ensuite bathroom to our dorm constantly had a really bad smell.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
8th Nov 2016

I stayed Nov 8-11 and 14 after finishing Santa Cruz trek. I met a lot of fun travellers here. I really liked the staff, especially Juan. He helped me many times to book day hikes at the last minute, answer questions, to help when I had problems booking a flight. Many times he gave me advice that proved to be true. (i.e. take the bus instead of flying from Huaraz to Lima... more convenient). Juan is friendly & fast.. he gets things done. He and Joseph helped me a lot during my Huaraz visit!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Nov 2016
4.9

My stay here was OK, not much atmosphere at all. Bathrooms had mould - only 1 shower and 1 toilet for 8 people in my dorm. This was tricky in the mornings when everyone needed the bathroom! The place wasn't overly clean and there were a lot of flies hanging around .. Staff spoke English and were helpful.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Oct 2016

Awesome hostel, you can easily book tours from here for a fair price. Everything was great, I can highly recommend staying in this hostel.

• England, Female, 31-40
15th Oct 2016
8.0

Good choice here. The kitchen is very good, the shower is hot most of the time. Included breakfast is basic but you can add eggs for a few soles. The staff are mostly good and they have a lovely cat. They do book decent day tours for 35 soles which is good value.