• Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

8.1
Fabulous 566 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 566 Total Reviews
Alpes Huaraz Located at Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz.
Peru
Huaraz Ancash 043 Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco
81% 566
-9.5291995 -77.5236618
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2016
7.4

I was only in Huaraz for 3 days in total but this hostel was good enough for my stay. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which initially smelled of damp. My bed was comfy but on the top bunk I was near a peeling ceiling and mould on the wall next to me which was not so nice. The shower was very warm, and most staff members were friendly. Breakfast was nice and they offer extras such as egg if you want to pay for it. They also help you organise tours and activities for good prices. Good atmosphere.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
13th Aug 2016

Perfect!!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
3rd Aug 2016

Best value for money hostel I've stayed in Peru. Used only as a base for hiking, as does everyone else , so the atmosphere is only slightly lower because we were all too tired to drink beers and party at night lol. Other than that, our room was cleaned daily, warm comfy beds, hot water with good pressure (yay!), giant kitchen. Sometimes a little unorganised and complaints from others while we were there, however we didn't have any problems and found Juan to be really helpful and nice.

2nd Aug 2016

Helpful and kind staff, they organized the tours and trekkings around the city. The breakfast was good, with bread, marmalade, butter, juice, hot drink, and they allowed me to have it the day I arrived, as I wouldn't have it the day after because I would leave so early in the morning. They had some organization problems, and they've initially booked 4 for a room of 3 - we've had to tell them there was more people than bed in the room, and they promptly fixed the problem.

21st Jul 2016

I stayed at this hostel in January. Per my previous review, the local family is continuing to improve this hostel. I'm amazed at the new, modern kitchen with 2 stoves. Plus a new computer room and free onsite computers if your traveling without your laptop. Unlike most hostels, rotate volunteers every 30 days, Alpes Huaraz staff is still here. Roberto, Patricia and Joseph are great! Its great to see the same kind, helpful staff! They can schedule hikes and onsite pick ups. Excellent Hostel!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
19th Jul 2016
6.9

Poorly organized. Nice courtyard and breakfast.

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016
5.4

The staff weren't very knowledgable - they sent me out on a trek with minimal details and wrong information. The rooms and bathrooms seemed to never be clean and their 'system' for booking was nonexistent. They let people stay as long as they want which complicates things for people who have made reservations. At one point, they had to kick someone out to accommodate a girl with a reservation - but then didn't clean the bed for her.

• England, Couple, 25-30
18th Jul 2016
3.7

When we arrived the receptionist had no idea if they had the double room we booked available, he had to go and look in the rooms to see if any were free. There weren't any free, so we had to sleep in a dorm that smelt of mould. We were promised a double the next day, we returned exhausted from an amazing trip to Lake 69, they shrugged, "No, sorry, no one's moved out..." Pretty fed up by now, we found somewhere else to stay, closer to the centre for a similar price.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
13th Jul 2016
6.6

Big hostel with a nice view over the city. But be aware about the security of your stuff. Someone stole my bag with all my clothes while I was trecking. The storage room is alldays long open and available for everyone.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
11th Jul 2016
6.6

Staff were lovely, although the place has no organisational skills whatsoever. Many double bookings, cancelled bookings, didn't keep track of payments etc. Kitchen is quite good and a nice space to sit, although all of our food was thrown out.