Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Don't stay here. By far, worst hostel experience I've had. They pressure you into upgrading rooms, by telling everyone that the dorms they reserved are full. They gave my bed away on the first day and tried to move me into someone else's bed. Bathroom light didn't work and it never had toilet paper so we had to buy some. Kitchen was nasty. Ripped a group of us off on a tour. They are not honest, rude, and manipulative. I don't know how they are in business with the way they treat people.

This hostal offers everything you need. Nice and clean rooms, perfect showers with hot water, a real fantastic breakfast and a kitchen where you can cook your own meals. It is located near the city but without any noise and has a lovely garden where you can relax. In the night I had a drink at the bar and enjoyed my time with great people. My strong recommendation is the massage they offer - best way to recover after hiking and the girl is doing very well. The tours they offer are super.

• 1st Oct 2015

Not sure why this hostel has good rating. We had really bad experience staying here. First, we had reservation for 2 beds in dorms and they wanted to put us in different rooms because they didn't have place. Second, we booked the laguna 69 from the hostel(most expensive) we were promised that we will have a guide and we didn't have anything besides transportation, they were just lying. Staff was very rude to us. Guest kitchen was gross. Guest toilet as well. Showers isnt good.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Staff were really helpful but the hostel was quite noisy, if you don't have to wake up at 5am and enjoy fellow travelers giving folk renditions of Britney Spears, this is the place for you!

I don't know why this hostel has such good ratings. When I arrived at 7am, the man at the front desk did not explain anything to me (treks, facilities, etc) though it was nice to have a bed without waiting until check in time. The same old man was very rude throughout the whole stay, and a couple of times when I asked him questions he replied "no sé nada" ....why do you work here then? The prices of the treks through the hostel were more expensive than other places and staff was unfriendly

the old man in the hostel only works between 1: am to 6:30 am as security does not speak English and for that reason could not give information, are suff always attentive away to our customers and their questions, I talk with the old man ,He mention these tourists arrived with a bad attitude, we at the hostel alpes love our work and work with people from all over the world , for that reazon we are very attentive to them. We feel that these people did not had a good time with us...

Staff are very welcoming at first, however once they have sold you their tours, you are pretty much non-existent after. Rooms are never locked, but do have lockers at reception for your valuables. They seem to not know the number of guests in their rooms and which beds are taken (I was sent to three different rooms randomly!) - they need more control over this as it is not pleasant walking into fully occupied dorms, thinking you have a bed. The bunk beds are also VERY WOBBLY, need replacing

Excellent hostel with everything you need! And great value!

We arrived at 5 in the morning, the guy in the front desk was really nice with us, he let us check in at this time, without of charging another extra night. They offer several tours and hikes, which is very convenience to book through them. We did the lake 69 and santa cruz, and we really enjoy these hikes! We recommend this hostel!

I stayed in several hostels in peru, and this hostel got the best showers, really hot water! Nice open areas with big gardens around! We really like that the place is in a quiet area, so we had good nights sleep.

• 25th Aug 2015

All you need in a hostel! Lockers, breakfast, wifi, good informations about treks and tours! We really enjoy to stay in this place, there is a lot of common areas to hang out, we met a lot of interesting people! We definitely recommend it!

Amazing view from the top roof, you can see most of the mountains, the hostel is clean, comfortables blankets, and the most important, the staff is always happy to help you! We'll definitely come back to this hostel!

If you're looking for good informations around the area, you gotta talk to Daniel, he will give you good advices about how to organize through him. The hostel is very nice, you will meet a lot of travelers, i definitely recommend it!

Really nice hostel. Comfortable beds and warm showers. Only downfalls are the kitchen is slightly small and the cafe/bar was not open at any point during my 5 nights there. Breakfast is decent

Good hostel, took my Santa Cruz and Laguna 69 tours with them and both went well and ran on time etc. Dorm was cleaned regularly and I had hot water in my shower. Has really nice views from the terrace, breakfast is basic. Good place to meet other travellers and would stay here again. No lockers in room but lockers in reception.

The staff at Alpes Huaraz are very helpful and friendly and can help with tours and treks. Breakfast was good - bread, juice, banana. There's a nice common/bar area with areas also outside to sit in the sun. The wifi was pretty flaky and didn't seem to cope well with the number of people using it. It's a pretty big hostel so there are plenty of trekkers about. Overall good value for money.

Daniel was a great help with advice for walks to do around the area. Dorms were cramped. It can get a bit noisy as the noise from the courtyard comes through quite easily.

The hostel offers a continental breakfast with bread , juice, banana and a warm drink. There is a Nice outdoor area, 2 roof patio, a kitchen, wiki, 3 computers, tv in the dormrooms, sofas, hammocks, and facilities laundry. The rooms are ok. bathrooms are not to clean, but ok. Opportunities to arrange hiking tours for 35 soles.

Really nice staff, Daniel, Betzy, Roberto, they make you feel like home, we really loved to be in the hostel! They help us to set up our santa cruz hike on our own way while they were busy attending other questions from other travelers. We definitely recommend this place!

Cramped 6bd dorm. Awful tour operator, doesn't care for guests wellbeing or provide suitable hiking gear for conditions, Roberto lies, difficult to deal with. Roberto trying to run hostel and tour group by himself and not manageable, safety of guests are at risk due to his negligence, only cares about pocketing your money rather than providing guidance for acclimation. He kicked us off tour for asking too many questions as warmth and acclimation were our two concerns which are not unreasonable.

This place has a great breakfast, especially considering the price for a bed. The roof is a great place to soak up the sun with mountain views. The tours are okay if you speak Spanish but if you don't you are better off using a tour company in town. One of the tours I went on through the hostel was a school trip!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4