Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

I enjoyed my stay at Alpes Huaraz. Clean room, good location (about 10 minute walk from the center of town), also the staff specifically, Patricia, were super helpful. In short, definitely a solid value for money. Only downside: there is a fair amount of noise at night which can be hard when your hike starts at 6AM.

• 28th Jan 2016

We loved this hostel! It has a wonderful relaxed atmosphere, and we met so many other travellers. The staff are all incredibly friendly, and will help you with anything you need. You can book treks right through the hostel, and they will even order you food for delivery (very handy after coming back late from a trek!). The whole hostel was very clean, the beds are comfy and we had nice hot showers. Highly recommend staying here!

Cool hostel in a good location with very friendly and helpful staff. You can book a number of tours from the front desk and the prices seemed to be on par if not better than going through one of the companies in town.

Extremely rude staff.

• 15th Jan 2016

The hostel is very nice and excellent value. The people there are lovely and you will definitely meet other kneen hikers there.

• 9th Jan 2016

A nice place with very friendly, helpful staff and in a pretty good location, we were able to do all the trips we wanted direct from the hostel. Kitchen was pretty tiny and the 6 bed dorm we were given was way too small for 6 people with no space for bags. It was always clean though.

The entrance to the hostel is beautiful and sitting area is accessible welcoming. Roberto was an excellent ambassador for Huaraz and Alpes. The bedroom was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. The blinds did not cover the windows well and were translucent. Also the bathroom smelled bad at random times. The shower was hot with great pleasure. The kitchen was adequate but be sure to bring your own lighter because the stove doesn't work without one and one is not provided.

such a good hostel just a 20 soles dorm, all you're looking for you can get here as a backpacker, lockers, breakfast, nice top view,a bar ,tourist information ,a lot of common areas, kitchen and all is really clean and the most important, really friendly and smiling staff, ready to help you in all your questions and tours , now we understand why this hostel got such a good reviews and recommendations ! We hope they keep doing well i also can recommend the massage service is really good afte

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Spain

I stayed for two nights. First, the location is good. It's a little far from Plaza de Armas but Huaraz is not a big city and you can walk to the center in 10 minutes. It's quite at night and the city view from the hostel is wonderful. Second, roooms and bathrooms are great. Rooms are clean and warm at night. Sheets, matress and pillow are clean and in good condition. Bathroom is quite large and well functioned. Third, common area is great and breakfast is amazing. Last, staff are kind.

The hostel is allright, very good value for the money and has everything you need (sometimes for an extra charge). They also offer tours, which ruined my entire stay: not only did get sick from the tour breakfast, THE GUIDE 'FRAEL' GOT ME IN GRAVE DANGER! As i got worse, he send me to walk back hours of the trek alone with the advise: "No refunds." Luckily, after some of the worst hours of my life, i got back. The staff was very nice, the guide FRAEL is dangerously irresponsible!! Safe travel!

Great base to stay at Huaraz for all trips, clean with friendly staff. The hostel has a nice relaxed friendly vibe to it I would definitely stay again.

The bed was harder than vinnie Jones and Roy Keane put together. A little out of town. Tiny kitchen. Good rooftop area, easy to book tours and buses at reception at reasonable rates.

You're walking in the hostel and you find an amazing garden, which give you really good atmosphere! It suppose to be the low season, but we still meet a lot of travellers around, we can share a lot of experiences of travelling in south america! The only lil complain will be the kitchen which is a bit small, but we found out that they are making a bigger one that is under construction at the time... We definitely recommend this hostel!

Such a good hostel for a 20 soles dorm, all you're looking for as a backpacker, lockers, breakfast, nice top view, a lot of common areas, and the most important, really friendly staff, ready to help you in all your questions, now we understand why this hostel got such good reviews! We hope they keep doing like this!

I made my reservation through their website, and i'm not disappointed to have made a reservation with this hostel! It's one of the nicest i've been in my trip, staff is very friendly and helpful! These guys speak english and have a lot of informations for you!

Since you get in the hostel, you find a really good vibe, really cool staff, specially the girl in the breakfast, she's always with a big smile on her face! We organize most hikes and tours with them and we found that they have competitive prices, no complains about this hostel.

It's the first time i've been in a hostel there is really hot water, with a nice pressure! We met a lot of travellers in the hostel, we could share advices about hikes and activities around the area! We really had great time in the hostel, we definitely recommend it!

Every time I go, they treat me like family. They invite me into the kitchen, and we talk about life for hours. They make me feel like Alpes Huaraz is my home away from home.

• 14th Nov 2015

Highly recommend staying here as a base in Huaraz. Very helpful with booking treks in the area and knowledge of the area

The Alpes Huaraz is one of the best Hostals in the mountain area of Peru. Beds are comfortable, showers are clean and with perfect hot water. Breakfast is really good and and sufficent. The staff is so helpful. They organize great tours which really value the money. My recommendation is to buy your tours with them, because they will help you with everything. I tried the massage and I loved it.

• 5th Nov 2015