Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Nice place with a good breakfast. Staff are a good laugh and keen to give you lots of info about all the different treks and ensure you make the most of your time there. Decent little bar area too.we definitely recommend this hostel

• 3rd Dec 2014

23 soles dorm include breakfast , we really like this place ....nice garden !!

• 3rd Dec 2014

This place is the best of my trip with nice view of the mountains, confortable rooms clean and close to down town. the breakfast is includ and Rosa is very nice i was traveling with my girlfriend and had a good time there we feel like a home Thanks Guys

• China

One of the best hostals I've stayed at in Peru : clean, comfortable, only 4 bed-dorms with a nice ensuite bathroom. The english speaking staff is very nice and helpful, they have good information about what there is to do in the area and they organise all the hikes and tours for you. It's walking distance to the center and includes a nice breakfast in the morning. We arrived at around 8am and the receptionist spent some time to explain us about the area and what activities we can do in town .

• 1st Dec 2014

A very nice hostel. Located 4 blocks from the main street, 2 blocks from supermarket and a block from CRUZ DEL SUR bus company. The hostal is very safe with lockers and cam's . The rooms are clean and they clean every day

• 1st Dec 2014

I have stayed at this hostel for 4 nights.The location is really awesome.Just about 8m walking is the center.Accomodation is not pricy.it offers very warm blakets. rosa, staffes are really nice and kind,warm-heart persons.They recomended me good tours in Huaraz,like going to Pastorury,Lake 69,etc.The best thing I really appreciate is its cozy cafeteria.I used to hang around at it.I could meet new travellers.It took a big part in my Huaraz trip.

• 30th Nov 2014

Stayed in a double room, with tv and private shower. Water is hot, wifi is good in the common area. Breakfast is nice: bread rolls, jam, butter, banana, and a hot drink. You can order eggs/juices for a few soles if you want. There's a little tour agency in the reception, we booked 2 tours through them, they were both good.beds were good, The hostel has a nice atmosphere, the staff that works here speaks good English, there's a kitchen, and the hostel is just 8 minutes from the main plaza

• 27th Nov 2014

You will be surprised to see how clean and neat this place is with beautiful flowers and landscape upon your arrival once your inside the door. The staff are very warm loving that at list 2 of them speak Fluent English. You are provided clean rooms with endless hot water that never ends, bed covers are down :) , i would recommend this hostal for anyone who is considering travelling to Huaraz .

• 27th Nov 2014

Hostel Alpes is situated a 5 minute walk from the main street in Huaraz. More importantly, the Hostel is run by staff who are all extremely generous and helpful in finding awesome hikes to do, providing affordable transportation, and finding good restaurants to eat at. I met a lot of like-minded and interesting people while hanging out in the common areas of the Alpes Great place to stay while in Huaraz.

Great atmosphere, helpful staff, fast Internet for a hostel and decent kitchen. Definitely would recommend

Staff extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Wanted to charge another night just we check out 10 minutes to late which was actually not our fault...

The beds were not very comfortable in the dorms, but they did the job. Some of the staff was great and super helpful and honest about the treks you can do and their difficulty levels and whatnot. Overall, a decent hostal and worth the stay even just to book a trek through them.

Alpes was great, and a great start to my S. America trip. They have great information about the possible treks. I arrived very early in the morning, and they let me check in and crash - which was much appreciated. The staff were great. The breakfast was just okay - they charge extra for eggs... Other than that, I recommend this hostel.

It is impossible to put into words how bad this hostel is. It is run by people who are completely incompetent. Reservations are not honoured, beds and rooms are allocated to other people whilst people are still in them, the staff lie repeatedly when claiming they are resolving the multitude of issues... the list goes on. During three horrendous days staying here we didn't meet one person who had not been similarly affected. Do yourself a favour and don't stay here!

Basically it took them a whole day to give me a bed (that wasn't already occupied), after moving me 3 times because either they realized someone was already there or they gave my bed away to someone else, even though I had done my check in. They didn't apologize or make any effort to make the situation a bit less of a mess. They were rude to me, barely changed the bed sheets in the bed, the floor in the room hadn't been cleaned in quite a while... and I wasn't the only one with problems.

we usually never answer comments of our costumers because they have the right to what they think about us we will like to mention the nexts facts 1._ this french people didnt speak english at all and very litle spanish so it was a big comunication problems. 2._they was a incovenionce to give the room its true and they were right to complain but we give them the first night for free for this inconvenience 3._they left the hostal with out paying ,we wish the best for them

After booking this hostel on Hostel World, we turned up at night after a long day of travelling to find they had double booked our room! Very annoying, but thankfully the hostel owner took us to their 'sister hostel' that was much cheaper and round the corner. Although we didn't stay at this hostel it did look lots of fun and we organised the Laguna 69 trek with them.

I really liked this hostel! It's hot a great vibe and it's super easy to organise your treks and activities from here. I definitely recommend.

Fantastic place to stay in Huaraz! Clean, affordable accommodation with comfy beds, very helpful and friendly staff, decent little bar with cheap drinks and a roof terrace with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. We even booked our tour to Laguna 69 through the hostel, as it was cheaper than most of the other tour operators... The best the other companies could do was match the price! Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!!

We were in a private double room and everything was perfect! Not far from restaurants and shops, friendly staff, beautiful views from the terrace and the tours through them are good value for money. Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!

This was probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in! They didn't reserve the beds we had ordered on Hostelworld, so my friend slept the first night on the floor. They hadn't changed the sheets on the beds, nor did they empty the bins ever. There was no lock on the door, and at one point the owner of the hostel came in drunk and demanded money from my friend, despite him not being there and someone else being asleep. I also think some of the other positive reviews of this hostel are fakes.

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts