Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Pretty simple hostel

Great hostel, very clean. The staff are very friendly and let us check in at 6am without any additional cost! Booked all our tours through them too - Laguna 69 is a must! Breakfast is good also.

One small complaint is that the tours booked through the hostel (I did the Pastoruri glacier and Laguna 69) don't have an English option, not even a summary version which is a shame as the locations are interesting. Great hostel though, nice.common areas so easy to meet other people and some really nice touches like being able to borrow hiking boots and providing breakfast on arrival day because they know you've come off a night bus at 7am. Would definitely stay again.

The Staff at Alpes are SO helpful and friendly. They booked a tour and bus for us easily and answered all our questions. The hostel was closed in and had lockers available. Good free breakfast of bread and jam, banana, juice, and a hot drink. The room was standard - clean but very shabby. Showers were amazing!

This place is fine overall. Lacks atmosphere though. There is a bar area but it wasn't utilised. The shared kitchen is tiny. There is a roof terrace which we spent a lot of time on. This place has the potential to be awesome. We had a private room with bathroom which was cleaned regularly and good value for money. We booked two tours through them that were great and cheap.

Up a side street, not too far from the Plaza de Armas, this place was beautiful and had some really solid amenities. That said, it also seemed like someone there was always trying to sell us something, which got a little tiresome. It would have no doubt been a really fun hostel during the high season though, and the rooms were clean, well cared for and super comfy. I'd definitely go back.

This is my 2nd time at Alpes Huaraz. They have possibly the best showers I have been in in Sth America, hot water 24x7 with excellent water pressure. The bar/common area was busy, I meet a lot of cool people. The views from the roof top were as stunning as I remembered. Beds super comfy and clean. Close to the main plaza/shopping area. The wrist band that you receive on check-in still has some amazing deals on food and drinks. Breakfast is included. Staff are really friendly and speak English.

Nice place with a good breakfast. Staff are a good laugh and keen to give you lots of info about all the different treks and ensure you make the most of your time there. Decent little bar area too.we definitely recommend this hostel

• 3rd Dec 2014

23 soles dorm include breakfast , we really like this place ....nice garden !!

• 3rd Dec 2014

This place is the best of my trip with nice view of the mountains, confortable rooms clean and close to down town. the breakfast is includ and Rosa is very nice i was traveling with my girlfriend and had a good time there we feel like a home Thanks Guys

• China

One of the best hostals I've stayed at in Peru : clean, comfortable, only 4 bed-dorms with a nice ensuite bathroom. The english speaking staff is very nice and helpful, they have good information about what there is to do in the area and they organise all the hikes and tours for you. It's walking distance to the center and includes a nice breakfast in the morning. We arrived at around 8am and the receptionist spent some time to explain us about the area and what activities we can do in town .

• 1st Dec 2014

A very nice hostel. Located 4 blocks from the main street, 2 blocks from supermarket and a block from CRUZ DEL SUR bus company. The hostal is very safe with lockers and cam's . The rooms are clean and they clean every day

• 1st Dec 2014

I have stayed at this hostel for 4 nights.The location is really awesome.Just about 8m walking is the center.Accomodation is not pricy.it offers very warm blakets. rosa, staffes are really nice and kind,warm-heart persons.They recomended me good tours in Huaraz,like going to Pastorury,Lake 69,etc.The best thing I really appreciate is its cozy cafeteria.I used to hang around at it.I could meet new travellers.It took a big part in my Huaraz trip.

• 30th Nov 2014

Stayed in a double room, with tv and private shower. Water is hot, wifi is good in the common area. Breakfast is nice: bread rolls, jam, butter, banana, and a hot drink. You can order eggs/juices for a few soles if you want. There's a little tour agency in the reception, we booked 2 tours through them, they were both good.beds were good, The hostel has a nice atmosphere, the staff that works here speaks good English, there's a kitchen, and the hostel is just 8 minutes from the main plaza

• 27th Nov 2014

You will be surprised to see how clean and neat this place is with beautiful flowers and landscape upon your arrival once your inside the door. The staff are very warm loving that at list 2 of them speak Fluent English. You are provided clean rooms with endless hot water that never ends, bed covers are down :) , i would recommend this hostal for anyone who is considering travelling to Huaraz .

• 27th Nov 2014

Hostel Alpes is situated a 5 minute walk from the main street in Huaraz. More importantly, the Hostel is run by staff who are all extremely generous and helpful in finding awesome hikes to do, providing affordable transportation, and finding good restaurants to eat at. I met a lot of like-minded and interesting people while hanging out in the common areas of the Alpes Great place to stay while in Huaraz.

Great atmosphere, helpful staff, fast Internet for a hostel and decent kitchen. Definitely would recommend

Staff extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Wanted to charge another night just we check out 10 minutes to late which was actually not our fault...

The beds were not very comfortable in the dorms, but they did the job. Some of the staff was great and super helpful and honest about the treks you can do and their difficulty levels and whatnot. Overall, a decent hostal and worth the stay even just to book a trek through them.

Alpes was great, and a great start to my S. America trip. They have great information about the possible treks. I arrived very early in the morning, and they let me check in and crash - which was much appreciated. The staff were great. The breakfast was just okay - they charge extra for eggs... Other than that, I recommend this hostel.

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts