Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Good hostel, clean and basic rooms.Good breakfast, lockers and nice accomodation room. Kitchen was ok, but sometimes dirty. We booked the laguna 69 Tour with them and it was amazing. But a lot of strange and dirty People stay there and are the hole time drunken and loud.

My view is clouded by being robbed of my passport, cards and my money as I slept in the aptly-named room 101 dormitory by another person who checked out early. Neither the hostel management showed any interest in trying to catch the culprit. Management just said it was my fault for not locking my stuff in the lockers in reception. The hostel itself was ok and the bar staff friendly.

hot water is not available all day. there are a couple really helpful staff, but sometime they will be gone for a day for trips.

Nice place with a good breakfast. Staff are a good laugh and keen to give you lots of info about all the different treks and ensure you make the most of your time there. Decent little bar area too.

Best hostel with best view in town!

I will recommend this hostel to anyone going to Huaraz. As soon as I arrived I felt welcome and at home. The atmosphere is great with a common-area inside and outside, were its easy to get to know other travelers and the people who work there. easy to get a tour and hike n fear price !!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Norway

I am currently staying in the hostel with a group of friends and instructors from the army from england. The hostel clearly attracts a healthy number of travellers and mountaineers from all parts of the world and it has a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. The rooms are nice the beds are comfortable, the view over the city and surrounding mountains is wonderful and it is only a 5 minute walk into the city centre. thanks to Alpes huaraz hostel

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Austria

It was great, booked all my tours through them. Staff helped with everything.

Nice location, satisfactory and quiet

Security wasn't so good. Although they have lockers, we went out one day after locking our room and came back to the door being wide open. Staff said they must have forgotten to lock it again... Also very loud at night, not great for waking up at 530 to do regular activities during the day.

Very nice, good all in all, just need to work on cleness. P.s Laundary service is not recomanded, managed to ruin 2 tshirts.

Stayed for a week, located in a quite place just a couple of minutes from the center of the town, The staff was very pleasant and all the tours I booked from the hostel were excellent and in a fair price. When I stayed at the hostel about 70% of the people were from Israel

I had a private room and it was very spacious with a very clean private bathroom. Dorms are also spacious and very nice. Good view from the roof terrace. Great hot showers and down duvet.

The hostel is very nice and clean and beds very confy, it would be the perfect place to stay in Huaraz but unfortunately the place lacks major atmosphere. I am a person who likes quiet hostels and I dispise party hostels, but this is just a boring hostel. Also, the hostal was packed with Israelitas taking up all the spaces where one can go to relax. I did not like the fact that there was no hot water for tea making available when we want, being in altitude and all it would be nice.

Nice and generally clean hostel. They could use some more staff as the ones they have cannot handle more than one thing at a time. Good place to hook up with people to start a trek. Great laundry service

Overall: Quiet hostel in Huaraz, about 5 mins walk from main square. Met some great other travelers while here. || Rooms: Rooms were very nice. Beds were warm, ensuite bathroom was clean. || Security: No lockers in rooms, but padlock lockers in reception area. || Internet: Generally reliable, covers common areas. || Other: Staff (particularly Daniel) was very friendly and helpful. Can book day hikes (and maybe treks?) through reception. Small bar/common area.

Great hostel that feels like home, with a kitchen and great TV area with heaps of DVDs. Staff are really helpful, especially when it comes to organising day tours and treks. Beds and pillows are a bit hard, but still comfy. It's a little bit of a walk from the main plaza (5mims), but not that far.

The staff here were so super friendly and helpful, though just a warning- only one of the sons speaks English! We arrived at 5am off a night bus and were let straight into a dorm to sleep, also given free breakfast that next morning, really nice. We booked Laguna 69 and glacier trips through the hostel. Staff hung our wet clothes afterwards and brought it in when the rain set in later in the day. Didn't realise but they also rent hiking gear which is really handy!

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts