Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Excellent hostel with everything you need! And great value!

We arrived at 5 in the morning, the guy in the front desk was really nice with us, he let us check in at this time, without of charging another extra night. They offer several tours and hikes, which is very convenience to book through them. We did the lake 69 and santa cruz, and we really enjoy these hikes! We recommend this hostel!

I stayed in several hostels in peru, and this hostel got the best showers, really hot water! Nice open areas with big gardens around! We really like that the place is in a quiet area, so we had good nights sleep.

• 25th Aug 2015

All you need in a hostel! Lockers, breakfast, wifi, good informations about treks and tours! We really enjoy to stay in this place, there is a lot of common areas to hang out, we met a lot of interesting people! We definitely recommend it!

Amazing view from the top roof, you can see most of the mountains, the hostel is clean, comfortables blankets, and the most important, the staff is always happy to help you! We'll definitely come back to this hostel!

If you're looking for good informations around the area, you gotta talk to Daniel, he will give you good advices about how to organize through him. The hostel is very nice, you will meet a lot of travelers, i definitely recommend it!

Really nice hostel. Comfortable beds and warm showers. Only downfalls are the kitchen is slightly small and the cafe/bar was not open at any point during my 5 nights there. Breakfast is decent

Good hostel, took my Santa Cruz and Laguna 69 tours with them and both went well and ran on time etc. Dorm was cleaned regularly and I had hot water in my shower. Has really nice views from the terrace, breakfast is basic. Good place to meet other travellers and would stay here again. No lockers in room but lockers in reception.

The staff at Alpes Huaraz are very helpful and friendly and can help with tours and treks. Breakfast was good - bread, juice, banana. There's a nice common/bar area with areas also outside to sit in the sun. The wifi was pretty flaky and didn't seem to cope well with the number of people using it. It's a pretty big hostel so there are plenty of trekkers about. Overall good value for money.

The hostel offers a continental breakfast with bread , juice, banana and a warm drink. There is a Nice outdoor area, 2 roof patio, a kitchen, wiki, 3 computers, tv in the dormrooms, sofas, hammocks, and facilities laundry. The rooms are ok. bathrooms are not to clean, but ok. Opportunities to arrange hiking tours for 35 soles.

Really nice staff, Daniel, Betzy, Roberto, they make you feel like home, we really loved to be in the hostel! They help us to set up our santa cruz hike on our own way while they were busy attending other questions from other travelers. We definitely recommend this place!

Cramped 6bd dorm. Awful tour operator, doesn't care for guests wellbeing or provide suitable hiking gear for conditions, Roberto lies, difficult to deal with. Roberto trying to run hostel and tour group by himself and not manageable, safety of guests are at risk due to his negligence, only cares about pocketing your money rather than providing guidance for acclimation. He kicked us off tour for asking too many questions as warmth and acclimation were our two concerns which are not unreasonable.

This place has a great breakfast, especially considering the price for a bed. The roof is a great place to soak up the sun with mountain views. The tours are okay if you speak Spanish but if you don't you are better off using a tour company in town. One of the tours I went on through the hostel was a school trip!

They offer information and tours which is really useful

Very neat clean hostel, staff are great at helping you pick and sort out treks. Loved the communal areas and the roof top space. Nice location being away from the main high street but easy to find still.

the hostel structure is very good, the bathrooms, the bed, etc. But the staff is not so good, they don't have control of guests in the rooms and tours. One night, when i came of downtown there was someone in my bed. In the time that I was in the room a lot of people asked for us if there was free beds. I bought a tour to lake 69 and when I went to take a van, there was not place for me. I was very stressing.

Pretty big hostel, 20 soles dorm, hot showers, nice comfortable beds and blankets, great terrace view!

• 31st Jul 2015

The place have a good atmosphere, staff are really trustful and have a lot of informations, they help you to set up all your treks and tours around Huaraz area. Definitely recommended!

Perfect location, a few blocks from the main square, very quiet place, a lot of travelers, top roof, really nice place to see the view of the mountains and good sunshine to take.

I lost my passport in the taxi in Lima, when i check in in hostel Alpes, i was talking to Daniel, the guy in the front desk about this, he was very nice and help me to make phone calls to recupere all my documents and passport. Amazing staff, good english speakers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4