Alpes Huaraz

8.8
Fabulous 727 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

Really friendly staff- always happy to help! Arrived at 5am after a night bus- gave us breakfast which was such a nice surprise. Booking the Trekking tours through them was so easy and highly reccomeneded! Thank youuuu for our stay!

• jesseskerritt8694
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Aug 2017
8.0

Nice hostel with friendly staff Common areas are nice to hang out in and the kitchen seemed good - although i didn't use it. Showers weren't quite as hot as I would've liked after days spent hiking and with the cold nights, but definitely good enough. Wifi occasionally dropped in the dorm but was very strong in all communal areas so i assume it was just a dodgy spot for it. Only con was the shower you can use after checkout is little more than an icey cold tap.

3rd Aug 2017

Really well designed hostel. Highly recommended!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017

This hostel has an excellent and modern infrastructure with large gardens for a very reasonable price $7 they offer many services storage a large and modern kitchen, free hot showers after your trekking and a Delicious breakfast. Is the perfect place for Know more travelers the staff is very friendly and helpful I recommend thank you the attention so affectionate of Rosita and the guys of reception

27th Jul 2017

Nice hostel for Huaraz. The inner courtyard is very pretty and definitely the best part. Never tried breakfast. Had a fairly easy check-in, the guy seemed a little worried but got the room I was promised. The room itself was very basic and pretty cold with no heater, but that's standard for Huaraz.

• yaidan636124
  • Israel, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017

Nice hostel to stay in if youre in huaraz

• Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd Jul 2017

Beds are very comfortable. Showers aren't very hot but that's not a big problem because Huaraz is quite hot during the day. WiFi is very good. The day tours from the hostel are cheap, probably cheaper than doing it yourself. I did the Santa Cruz trek from the hostel as well. It's probably the cheapest you can find in town and I had a great time. Most of the staff are very helpful although the lady that works in the kitchen(not sure if she's the boss) is a little rude.

21st Jul 2017
4.3

When I arrived to my room, there was 2 empty beds that were clearly not being used - no reason to make me wait 5 hours to check-in. They push booking excursions and treks with them really hard. DO NOT book anything through them. They booked me on Laguna69 and the bus was over sold, I had to sit on the floor for 3 hours and they did not do anything for me when I got back. Cancelled Santa Cruz morning of, found out someone from another hostel knew the night before. Had to fight to get money back.

• USA, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2017

The hostel itself is good, the dorms are simple but clean. Very safe, every room (even the luggage storage) is always locked. I booked two tours through the hostel, laguna 69 and horse back riding. My only complaint is that I was promised English speaking guides and both days they spoke zero English. It is was it is.. but still it wasn't what I paid for and made it annoying to ask questions and get general information.

• Costa Rica, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
6.9

So the hostel is ok, the private double room was clean but the towels were wet when we arrived, Breakfast is very basic, a piece of bread, butter and a banana, I’ve seen better in a hostel honestly. The day we checked out we had an early tour therefore decided to pay our bill early in the morning around 6 am, when we came back from the tour to pick up our luggage the lady at front desk tried to charge us AGAIN for the room we had just paid in the morning. That was an unpleasant situation.

Sorry for the wet towel, you should've tell us. We could've changed those towels, you didn't tell us . The continental breakfast we serve for the $8 you pay for the bed, it's a courtesy, as is the storage, lockers, computers, free shower after you finished your trek, free kitchen use, . If the breakfast was basic.You could've asked for extra options you had in the menu, for a low price. About the last thing, the lady was just checking the payment, nothing personal, it's just a regular check.