Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Hostel Alpes is situated a 5 minute walk from the main street in Huaraz. More importantly, the Hostel is run by staff who are all extremely generous and helpful in finding awesome hikes to do, providing affordable transportation, and finding good restaurants to eat at. I met a lot of like-minded and interesting people while hanging out in the common areas of the Alpes Great place to stay while in Huaraz.

Great atmosphere, helpful staff, fast Internet for a hostel and decent kitchen. Definitely would recommend

Staff extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. Wanted to charge another night just we check out 10 minutes to late which was actually not our fault...

The beds were not very comfortable in the dorms, but they did the job. Some of the staff was great and super helpful and honest about the treks you can do and their difficulty levels and whatnot. Overall, a decent hostal and worth the stay even just to book a trek through them.

Alpes was great, and a great start to my S. America trip. They have great information about the possible treks. I arrived very early in the morning, and they let me check in and crash - which was much appreciated. The staff were great. The breakfast was just okay - they charge extra for eggs... Other than that, I recommend this hostel.

It is impossible to put into words how bad this hostel is. It is run by people who are completely incompetent. Reservations are not honoured, beds and rooms are allocated to other people whilst people are still in them, the staff lie repeatedly when claiming they are resolving the multitude of issues... the list goes on. During three horrendous days staying here we didn't meet one person who had not been similarly affected. Do yourself a favour and don't stay here!

Basically it took them a whole day to give me a bed (that wasn't already occupied), after moving me 3 times because either they realized someone was already there or they gave my bed away to someone else, even though I had done my check in. They didn't apologize or make any effort to make the situation a bit less of a mess. They were rude to me, barely changed the bed sheets in the bed, the floor in the room hadn't been cleaned in quite a while... and I wasn't the only one with problems.

we usually never answer comments of our costumers because they have the right to what they think about us we will like to mention the nexts facts 1._ this french people didnt speak english at all and very litle spanish so it was a big comunication problems. 2._they was a incovenionce to give the room its true and they were right to complain but we give them the first night for free for this inconvenience 3._they left the hostal with out paying ,we wish the best for them

After booking this hostel on Hostel World, we turned up at night after a long day of travelling to find they had double booked our room! Very annoying, but thankfully the hostel owner took us to their 'sister hostel' that was much cheaper and round the corner. Although we didn't stay at this hostel it did look lots of fun and we organised the Laguna 69 trek with them.

I really liked this hostel! It's hot a great vibe and it's super easy to organise your treks and activities from here. I definitely recommend.

Fantastic place to stay in Huaraz! Clean, affordable accommodation with comfy beds, very helpful and friendly staff, decent little bar with cheap drinks and a roof terrace with a beautiful view of the surrounding area. We even booked our tour to Laguna 69 through the hostel, as it was cheaper than most of the other tour operators... The best the other companies could do was match the price! Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!!

We were in a private double room and everything was perfect! Not far from restaurants and shops, friendly staff, beautiful views from the terrace and the tours through them are good value for money. Only downer was the state of the kitchen, but everything else was spot on!

This was probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed in! They didn't reserve the beds we had ordered on Hostelworld, so my friend slept the first night on the floor. They hadn't changed the sheets on the beds, nor did they empty the bins ever. There was no lock on the door, and at one point the owner of the hostel came in drunk and demanded money from my friend, despite him not being there and someone else being asleep. I also think some of the other positive reviews of this hostel are fakes.

A really nice hostel nice massage service and rooms are clean and bigs they have a nice bar with a good atmosphere breakfast is good I recommended Alpes hostal is also a good location quiet to sleep and close to the center best hostel in my all trip by South America

• 13th Aug 2014

Staff were friendly and helped us book our trek and give us ideas of to do even if it wasn't through the hostel directly. Sorted us a room when we turned late and didn't ask for more money. The only negatives were the noise at 5:30am for people going on treks (hard to avoid) and the slow service at breakfast.

Very happy with this hostel. The staff was friendly and the rooms clean. Free breakfast was a nice touch too

Good atmosphere, staff are friendly, beds are comfortable and good location. Bags are secure to leave if going trekking.

I had a great time in the hostel !the place was very clean, comfortable and the staff helped me in everything I needed! highly recommend the hostel !

• 31st Jul 2014

Only hostal I really didn't like on my trip. The owner seems genuinly not happy to have any guests in his 'house'. He told me bluntly that I didn't have a reservation, and that I should show my hostelworld reservation on paper. He wanted to kick me out, but luckaly one of his sons, who was laughing about the matter, arranged a bed. The sons, who organise the treks, are party animals unable of arranging the most basic things and are just out to sleep with every girl that comes in. Don't go here.

Great hostel with a central courtyard and indoor soft seating area with bar. Had some epic nights in the bar hanging with the staff. Arrived to some confusion; no record of my online booking and fully booked due to the holiday weekend. Staff did accommodate me however, others where in the same situation. The older couple are pretty unfriendly, but the brothers who run the place are helpful and knowledgeable about hikes/climbing in the area.

Good hostel, clean and basic rooms.Good breakfast, lockers and nice accomodation room. Kitchen was ok, but sometimes dirty. We booked the laguna 69 Tour with them and it was amazing. But a lot of strange and dirty People stay there and are the hole time drunken and loud.

View all Huaraz Bed and Breakfasts