Alpes Huaraz Reviews

Jr. Ladislao Meza no 112, Barrio de San Francisco, Huaraz, Peru

Great staff, always trying to help and care. Nice breakfast, quiet and nice place to rest between activities. Great wifi highly recommended.

One of the guys working there was a total imbecile, he kept making racist comments and intolerant jokes. It was so not funny.o yes and he was high on Coke the whole time...

I booked my stay at Alves Huaraz which had very good reviews. I was not disappointed, great location, great staff, Daniel & Patricia are very friendly and will assist you with all your tours, buses, booked your taxis. A really lovely breakfast served in a nice dinning room by the ever friendly Betsie who will greet you with a smile. I am not a young backpacker but well travelled and I wouldn't go anywhere else in Huaraz. They have a new bar just finished but it's not a party hostel.

The Hostel is clean, and 5 min from main place Rooms are quite small. Bathroom have often watery and dirty floor because there are no curtains on showers and nothing to dry feet ... Breakfast is quite nice even though they should give better bread. Kitchen is very basic with few cooking equipment and utensils (no cups, 1 spoon!!!!). Staff is very nice and helpful. You can book tours and trek with them and they also lend some equipment (trekking shoes, sleeping bag, etc).

Is a really nice hostal , many common areas to chill , is a clean hostal , hot shower the staff is really friendly and helpful , tours and trecks are easy to book from the hostal, from the top roof are really great views of the mountains, there also massage services to relax after trecks, i would like to coming back here, excellent hostel.

• 9th May 2015

I stayed one night - for me it is the perfect place. It is not right in the middle of the town- therefore very quiet - but is not too far out. The garden surrounding the Hostal is a dream. The rooms are adequately equipped and clean. In the kitchen you can meet people for a chat. Absolutely amazing: the restaurant with the fireplace - just cozy, romantic and delicious food. The Internet worked great. They offer fantastic tours to the mountains and help you what all you need. I will come back.

Stay here! Helpful staff. Rooftop, courtyard, and common room great for meeting other travelers.

WE were 5 of us travelling, we really like this hostel, staff were very kind, we booked most tours with them, they have reasonable prices, we definitely recommend it. thanks rosa

• 3rd May 2015

good hostel !! , there is q guy there speak great english ....(. Daniel ) will help you a lot

• 3rd May 2015

The Place is extremely unorganised and besides The lovely receptionist the owners are rude. Even though the Place seems Nice at first, it Lacks of Atmosphere entirely. There is No space where People can Hang out comfortably. The one Tiny Space that is offered is entirely crowded and doesnt fit more than 6 People. The kitchen was just disgusting, way to Tiny and horribly equipped. I would NOT recommend to stay there.

A few days the kitchen and the dorm bathroom was really dirty but mostly it was fine. Many many guests from Israel, so it can be loud. Price Value good.

nice place, helpful staff, activities can be booked in hostel. thanks

I would recommend this hostel! Breakfast us basic but you can buy extras. Showers are awesome! Nice terrace to chill during the day. Wifi was good and staff friendly and books tours and buses for you. Only negative, they were a bit unorganised and had to come to the rooms early in the morning to check which beds are available.

Great staff, super friendly and let us stay and use the facilities once we checked out as we had a late bus. Walking distance to all restaurants etc. Double room was big and clean with strong wifi and really hot showers. Was a bit noisy in the morning as everyone is up really early to hike so goes with the territory I guess! Would stay again

This hostel is great value considering it includes breakfast as well. Don't book your tours at the hostel as you can book with the same company (mony tours) in town for 10 soles cheaper - something I find a bit wrong that the hostel doesn't offer its guests the best price . Could do with another communal area other than the kitchen, as people often grouped together there

Pretty amature staff. Breakfast is not good.

Nice well put together Hostal. Has all the facilities you need for hiking the surrounding areas: messages, tours, equipment, storage and knowledge English speaking staff. It's clean and well worth what you will pay. Only downside for us was they seemed pretty pushy about going on tours when we wanted to organize our hikes, but outside that no complaints.

The hostel itself is perfectly fine, located close to the town and clean, with breakfast provided. Huaraz is a town for hiking and the hostel offers several tours. Unfortunately, the hostel staff were not helpful in booking these tours, could not give us basic information about how long/far/high the trecks were and booked us with a Spanish speaking guide when we specified we needed English. Luckily another person on the tour was able to translate the safety instructions for hiking the glacier.

Great hostel, very big place, cheap, with free breakfast included. Im traveling alone and i really wanted to go on some day excursions to see the mountains, the staff was great about arranging them for me. Great place to stay while you check out Huascaron National Park, which is the most beautiful mountains ive seen in my life. a few blocks from Cruz del Sur bus station. Defenitelly recommend this place.

Pretty simple hostel