Als Place Hostel Reviews

Kruziceva 10, Split, Croatia

Very nice people willing to help you so you can enjoy everything at Split.

Very homely hostel

Had a great time here! The hostel itself is pretty standard in terms of space, bathroom facilities, kitchen etc. What makes it is the perfect location and the super friendly and helpful owner and sidekick. They made everything very easy for us, and created a great social atmosphere for meeting other travellers. If you want to make some friends, this is the place to be

Thanks for the l great review it was fun having you and your "gang" around. Not sure about the hangover the next day tho!!

We stayed in the 4/5 bed apartment that is moments from the hostel. It had beds, kitchen equipment and a bathroom with a toilet and hand held shower. The hostel wasn't particularly clean but that may of been because we arrived before it was cleaned and they rushed it to make the room ready for us. The apartment was very spacious and in a good location. The directions looked complicated but we found it first time. Just a quick note that the wizard statue was covered when we arrived!

Great hostel in the old town. Its a small hostel however this makes it very easy to make friends. Everything is in walking distance and Alan gives you loads of usefull tips!

The lack of wifi at separate apartment was a bit frustrating.

It is written in the infoBEFORE YOU BOOK that there is NO wi-fi at the annexe

The guy from the hostel (sorry, I forgot your name) was very friendly, informative, nice and welcoming. The place is very small, but you feel like home. The location couldn't be better: it is just in the historic center. Even if there are strict checking in hours, the staff is flexible and you will have no problem with that. The only thing: it would be nice to have more toilets and showers (there is just one per 6 people room).

Al was great, really helpful and very good location for the old town. Really easy to find too and on all the tourist information maps.

This place was great. It was really big and in the perfect location. It has a kitchen which is fantastic. No wifi but Al always tells guests where to find it so no issues there.

• 13th Aug 2014

The location of this hostel is perfect and the people that stay here are amazing, what was frustrating was how Al had so many ridiculous rules and he entered the room so often during the day you don't feel like you have any privacy. Also would have been nice to have some lockers! If your looking for an air con hostel this is only available between 11pm and 6am. Slightly too structured for my liking but still had a pleasant stay!

Ridiculous Rules..., " please have respect for other guests and the hostel" "clean up after yourself in the kitchen" sometimes its not The RULES that are ridiculous. This guest never asked to use the lockers or safe.

Has working and very good A/C from 11 PM onward. That's all you need to hear, right? Well, the owner is also very helpful, he'll explain what's good to see and eat. There are a few reasonably priced restaurants nearby that he'll recommend. The building itself is an old one, it has lots of character. Very small. Did I mention it has working A/C? You kind of need that in Split.

Als great fun, basic hostel in a great location with all the necessities. Extended my stay by 2 nights :)

Such a great atmosphere and a real effort was made so guest could really experience all Split had to offer, Al and his place are both brilliant!!

Hi, thanks for the lovely comments. Its a joy having guests who understand how hostels work and make positive contribution to that. Which you did with you energy, Thanks A

I loved this place. Very nicely situated, the atmosphere is really good (made some really good friends here - this was the most important thing for me during my trip since I travelled alone) and the staff is nice. Thumbs up! :)

Hi, it was a pleasure having you here, you also contributed to it being such a great atmosphere, with your "Northern Humour". Cheers

I really enjoyed my stay at Al's and would go back in a minute. The location is excellent, I slept very well, and I was well-treated there. As hostels go, it's a great one for sleeping and getting information about the area. It's not the sort of hostel with lots of common spaces, bars, breakfast rooms, or gathering spaces, but it's a great place to sleep and base for exploring Split.

Al and Ivana are both great. The hostel i small but very nice. Al has a lot of stories to tell. This is the perfect hostel if you want to enjoy the city and have a central refuge to crash in when the sun gets to hot. Also Al is a man of principles which is very good, he takes very seriously on the hostels rules. Very happy with this hostel.

Hallo Joohnathan, thanks very much for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay

Perfect! Amazing atmosphere and Al was the best

Thank you for your comments and ratings, its a pleasure to run the place with such lovely guests

Hostel is conveniently located inside the Old Town that many great seafood restaurants and decent little shops are easily accessible. The owner Alan was super helpful and friendly who had offered us with lots of travel tips around the city and even to outlying islands. The common area/ kitchen offers a nice gathering place for us to meet other friendly backpackers, there are lots of travel guides available for use too! Would be great if there were lockers, which I know Alan is working on now!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Al was super helpful, but honestly I felt at times like he treated me like a child. Price is a bit high in my opinion.

Good location and hostel overall. Al is really interesting to talk to and always willing to help you out

Thank you, when we get such pleasant guests it makes my job easier