Als Place Hostel Reviews

Kruziceva 10, Split, Croatia

Such a great atmosphere and a real effort was made so guest could really experience all Split had to offer, Al and his place are both brilliant!!

I really enjoyed my stay at Al's and would go back in a minute. The location is excellent, I slept very well, and I was well-treated there. As hostels go, it's a great one for sleeping and getting information about the area. It's not the sort of hostel with lots of common spaces, bars, breakfast rooms, or gathering spaces, but it's a great place to sleep and base for exploring Split.

Al and Ivana are both great. The hostel i small but very nice. Al has a lot of stories to tell. This is the perfect hostel if you want to enjoy the city and have a central refuge to crash in when the sun gets to hot. Also Al is a man of principles which is very good, he takes very seriously on the hostels rules. Very happy with this hostel.

Hallo Joohnathan, thanks very much for your kind comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay

Perfect! Amazing atmosphere and Al was the best

Thank you for your comments and ratings, its a pleasure to run the place with such lovely guests

Hostel is conveniently located inside the Old Town that many great seafood restaurants and decent little shops are easily accessible. The owner Alan was super helpful and friendly who had offered us with lots of travel tips around the city and even to outlying islands. The common area/ kitchen offers a nice gathering place for us to meet other friendly backpackers, there are lots of travel guides available for use too! Would be great if there were lockers, which I know Alan is working on now!

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Al was super helpful, but honestly I felt at times like he treated me like a child. Price is a bit high in my opinion.

Good location and hostel overall. Al is really interesting to talk to and always willing to help you out

Thank you, when we get such pleasant guests it makes my job easier

I booked one night and stayed for four. I felt truly welcome in Al's friendly and easy going gem of a hostel in the heart of the city. Some great recommendations helped me get a lot of enjoyment and a real sense of adventure from my time in Split and on the island of Vis and to top it all the Riva, market, main transport hubs, banks, shops and bars are all within a 5 minute walk from the hostel along the ancient streets of Diocletian's Palace.

• 28th May 2014

Liked, location, kitchen, people, staff, info about islands. Disliked, waiting for toilet, wobbly stair. Nice friendly place, Al is great and the location is perfect.

• 20th May 2014

Great little place, great location, great staff, booked one night stayed 3.

I cannot understand why this place has such a high rating. The only dorm is tiny and damp, bunk beds are pretty bad (top beds without rails and very, very low), there's no real common area apart from one table in the kitchen, and it's very dark and gloomy. You're pretty much sleeping in Al's appartment, which is not something that everyone is happy with (we weren't). Location is good as it's inside the old city, Al's trying to brighten things but overall it was a lousy stay and we left early.

if a guests leaves the windows open for 3 hours when it is raining then damp is the result. The dorm itself has no damp. In the 10 years we have been running 90% of my guests have been happy, as testified by our "Graffiti Wall" of guests comments. When we have occasional bad weather,not everyone can enjoy themselves

Neat little place in the heart of town. Great easy atmosphere, friendly hosts and people. Got to meet other ppl really fast and was out for a beer with the other guests on my first night. Dorms are OK, with bathroom and kitchen was useful.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Clean safe and friendly with some nice little touches, bathrooms in the dorms little night bags on the beds mine had a little nite-lite thing, well equipped kitchen. Lots of info available about stuff happening in Split and did a trip to Omis which I would also recommend. Great little place, I'll be back