Als Place Hostel Reviews

Kruziceva 10, Split, Croatia

My views of this place we're cemented within the first few minutes. I was later then planned and straight away got a harsh tone of your late we expected you sooner. Only to then be told my room wasnt ready. It was an hour later that I was finally able 2 enter my room. A bed was missing so obviously something had happened but I wasn't happy with the dealing of the situation. Good location, other member of staff lovely and nice kitchen tho

Like all people who work, we also have "bad hair days".

Great stay at al's hostel. Al is very friendly. Place is a bit older but has everything we needed. Perfect location.

Had a nice quick stay here. Everything was good! Friendly staff, comfy bed and pretty good cooking facilities.

Great hostel, excellent location. But not a party hostel If that's what your after. You will get a good night sleep here if that's what you're after.

Small hostel but really good. Great location, good and clean facilities. Good kitchen and friendly, helpful staff. Would recommend.

I had a really nice stay in Als place. The hostel is small and cozy, you fell really comfortable! AL and all he staff are great! I really enjoyed my stay! I recommend.

• 13th Aug 2015

Booked 1 night stayed 4 great place, ticked all mz boxes!!! Thanks Al and Ivana

• 12th Aug 2015

The property was kept clean The almost complete lack of sufficient aircon made the stay very uncomfortable due to the 37 degree heat when we stayed there. There is no need to be so stingy with the Air conditioning to save money. I know I, and other guests, would have been willing to pay a significant amount extra each night just to have a decent nights sleep without sweating through the bed sheets (despite the fact that air con was advertised as being included).

• 5th Aug 2015

Don't really know what happened here. In July and August we run the A/c pretty much continously. If the A/C gets unplugged it kills the memory and does not restart automatically. It's unfortunate the Guest didn't speak to me or my staff and we could have fixed it there and them.

it was ok place. Only complaint I have is that I had to FIGHT for my RIGHT to have AIRCONDITON. I mean aircondition is part of the service expect when I arrived there, they told me that they only turn it on midnight because there is no point on having it on when there is only few people because it cost... Its like saying "we have wifi" and later when arriving you realise its only for few hours and so on. To me, this is SUCH A OBVIOUS issue and PITY that I had to fight for it.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Location is absolutely perfect. Staff if very knowledgable and eager to provide information. More bathrooms would be nice as there is only one per dorm but overall i would definitely recommend this hostel.

Had a wonderful stay at Al's! Great bloke and helps create a wonderful atmosphere. Basic facilities but who needs more than a bed to stay in and meeting new like minded people when in Split. Excellent location in old town and not far from bus, train station and ferry port. Al helped me book my tour to Krar national park and gave some suggestions for exploring the town and beaches. Whilst it is very hot inside during summer the AC is welcoming during the night when we sleep (11pm-7am).

....cool little place right in the centre. Super friendly staff, kitchen, decent dorms all clean and tidy. Also has a social area with no-one on their phones. Will be back. Oh and wobbly step!!

Absolutely fantastic hostel with a very chilled environment and amazing staff. It's near the city centre and there is a supermarket not too far away. Due to the small size of the hostel it is very easy to make friends and Al is always very helpful and accommodating. Credit also has to go to Ruza, one of the staff members who went out of her way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Will miss the place lots, would definitely recommend.

Al is an awesome person. He and his staff are very helpful and friendly. The place is perfectly located and reasonably priced for Split. Only issue was the heat wave going through Europe and AC was only on starting at 10pm.

Great hostel. Miloš was really friendly, bathrooms were really clean, good location and both the kitchen and bar were great for socialising, I'd definitely stay here again!

This is a real party hostel, as is the whole island of ios. Rooms and showers are very basic and there are no lockers which was kind of annoying. The staff always help to get the party started though and take everyone to the same club every night. Don't stay here if you want a relaxing time - but overall can't complain too much, just depends what kind of trip you want to have.

Great hostel, Al is an awesome host and has plenty of advice and stories to share. Great location and just a cool hostel in general. If you're in Split and looking for a hostel, be sure to check this place out.

Owner gets crabby if you don't leave the hostel after check-out. Other than strange check-out rules, pretty solid hostel.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Location was great, couldn't have been more convenient. Only complaint would be the cleanliness...bathroom definitely could have used some work...was very dirty in the bathroom.

It's true we had a lapse on keeping one bathroom clean for one day, the problem has been resolved and it won't happen again, Alan

Als place is a gem! Right in the heart of split. Was perfect! The staff were extremely helpful and the owner Al is a very genuine bloke. Always there for helpful advice and very welcoming. Also the people in my room were fantastic couldnt of picked a better crowd. Very value for money. Would stay here again on my next holiday to split! Thanks guys!