Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

Very small rooms. The six bed room was basiclly 2 bunkbeds with three beds each. The kitchen and terrace was'nt that great and nowhere to put your luggage. But the atmosphere was good. Lots of backpackers to meet and talk to. Air condition on the room is a big plus! Not to far from the trainstation or the beach.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

One certain member of staff was very unhelpful and his manners were far from the best either. The hostel is situated in the slums of Nice& it has a funny smell as soon as you walk through the door. We paid 70 euro each for 3 nights and a 20 euro deposit plus additional money for towels and additional money for luggage holding which every other hostel we had previously stayed in did not charge for! The rooms were dirty and it got a rough 30 second clean every morning from the cleaner

After check-in when picking up our luggage from the storage, we were not allowed to use the shower in the bathroom, even though we could use the toilet. The guy said the cleaner was coming, but we saw no cleaner. Then he just said he decides. So we washed ourselves in the sink, which was ridiculous. After that, they almost didn't let us take our food from the fridge because the kitchen was closed. Also weird to have a compulsory charge from sheets, and you need to make your bed yourself.

Altea is a fine hostel, it's got everything you need. The kitchen was really good to cook your own meals, it had a really nice terrace but the only bad thing was it closed at 9:30pm and you weren't allowed alcohol. We stayed in a 4 bed dorm and the bathroom we had was amazing, very big and modern. The location was good, about a 15min walk to the beach and not far at all from the station. All in all a good stay but I still don't think it was worth the money, a little bit expensive.

Very unreliable front desk service! Upon arrival, I waited outside in the dark for almost 30 minutes ringing the bell. Eventually the man that lives downstairs let me in. The owner blamed me for being late saying I never rang the bell, later he apologized after realizing he did not keep the monitor with him and never heard me outside. On last day I paid to leave my bags but when I came back for them no one was there and I almost missed my flight waiting for the staf to return.

• 19th Jun 2015

The opening hour of the kitchen can be extended

Really enjoyed my stay here, staff are friendly and helpful. And the facilities are good. Just a shame it was the most hostel of our trip.

Short walk to the main walking boulevard but the neighborhood was sketchy (I saw heroin needles in the gutter at the corner). The staff was friendly, except for the woman who barged into the room to clean without saying a word and didn't respond if i said hello. The kitchen and terrace were posted with signs essentially saying not to use them at the staffs inconvenience. And the floors of the rooms were dirty, hadn't been swept.

Great hostel for a good price in Nice. Though it's not located in old town, this hostel has a very convenient location, very near to Nice's Main Street. Alan the owner is the nicest guy ever, he speaks amazing English and is willing to help you in your every need. Beds are comfortable and bathroom services are super clean, with great hot water. Definitely a great catch in Nice! Sure to come back for my next trip.

Even though we had to large room, everyone was kind and happy, I will llove to visit again,

Thank you Altea for making our stay in Nice worthwhile, The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were kept clan, Thank you,

• 8th Jun 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

Hostel Altea is a good place to stay, We will return ; We were carterd for in the standard for a low budget stay ; We were happy and glad we choose there,

• 8th Jun 2015
  • American Samoa

We had a wonderful time at Altea. Great service, good mood, and the cutest dog! Would definitely stay there again.

There was an 3,5 eur difference between the price online and what we payed no matter if payed with cash or card. I didn't argue about it, but I didn't like it. If was about to choose place for one more night to stay in Nice I would try to take a blanket with me and sleep on the beach.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Big place, ended up having a 6 bed dorm to myself. Pros: Nice rooms with large bathroom and plenty of outlets, wifi works great, good location by train station, 10 minute walk to old city/beach. Cons: no social atmosphere, there's a nice outdoor lounge but it's always empty, possibly due to the no alcohol policy.

Hostel Altea and its location is very good if you have a small budget , For the price we were well looked after,and overall we were happy there, Thank you

Great concept for a hostel, love the curtains and power outlets on each bed, although mine didn't work! It seems there wasn't an inforced curfue for noise at night though. Also hooks in the bathroom would be great!

• 30th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Poor service. Overpriced. There are much better options around town for less money. The €20 deposit for the key card is ridiculously high. One of our beds was broken. Also, a poor location. I would have ignored many of these things if it was cheap. But it was more expensive that other hostels I stayed in in Nice and was significantly worse..

Heads up THERE ARE NO LOCKERS! The bathroom lights are on a timer so when taking a shower the frequently turn off while you are in the shower. There was no common space to socialize. The man working the office failed to tell us about the transportation strikes that we're going on and canceled the airport shuttle. Office hours are also very very limited.

Everything was pretty nice except the fridge provided wasn't plugged in and people hadn't noticed so everything in there rotted. If someone opened the fridge the smell lingered for quite some time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5