6.1
Good 708 Total Reviews
6.1
Good 708 Total Reviews
Altea Hostel Located at 3 boulevard Raimbaldi, , Nice.
France
Nice 06000 3 boulevard Raimbaldi
61% 708
43.7072290 7.2689660
    Rooms available

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Jul 2016
4.9

I arrived late to this hostel as my train into town was delayed and I did not have telephone service to alert them. My friend and I arrived to a rude, irritable man at the front desk who was upset that we did not know details which were not provided through the website or reservations. The street had many staring men. Most importantly I had 100USD and 100 Euro stolen out of my wallet from a locked, private room between 10:30pm and 12am. The ONLY people with access would have been the employees.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
28th Jun 2016
2.6

It was the worst stay in a hostel in Europe withing the last few years! A staff was really rude and impolite when i ask for a bowl for the cereals in the morning instead of using a cup of 50cl which is normally for a SOFT DRINK! Coffees and milk are all in POWDER. The staff replied that NONE of the foreign travallers "complain" like me but i was only asking for a bowl. The hostel doesn't recommand Hostelworld and me as a traveller didn't feel welcomed at all. The kitchen was dirty(+No locker

27th Jun 2016

Very nice staff, the breakfast leaves something to be desired.

• Hong Kong, Female, 25-30
27th Jun 2016
6.9

It's cheap so you pay for what you get. Room is ok but the air con keep dropping water.

• stephen_haslam8362
  • England, Male, 41+
26th Jun 2016

Well situated for seeing and getting around Nice. Good value for money and should be within the budget of most travellers.

3.7

It is like an apartment rather than hostel. Breakfast has only cereal with milk powder and water. No real milk. They ask 20 Euro deposit for late checkout and charge 10 Euro per hour, which is nearly as same as the hotel price. As there is no common living room for evening time, people are on talking too much on corridors. Only location may be the positive thing as it is 5 minutes to train station.

• England, All Male Group, 25-30
7.7

Good hostel for a one night stay, only minor bug bears were lack of sockets (2 working ones in a 6 bed room) and hairs and some stains found on bedding we were given which I'm sure would have been swapped had we asked, but we were drunk!

4.9

Very difficult to contact the staff! I wanted to cancel and they told me ok and a day before they told me the can not cancel and it was unpleasant to talk with them and the breakfast was the worst ever!! I don't know why they call it breakfast!

6.0

The hostel is on budget if booking late and is close to the train station, but the major pros stop there. Note: 1 bathroom per floor, no lockers and no staff. Wifi only available in common hallway (tiny with no seats) not even in cramped common space. Don't expect to meet people here. Check-in shuts down 10-2 so god forbid you left your bags in storage and you need to get them before 2pm, even if they tell you it is possible, its not. Beds mediocre. Ok if passing through, spend no time inside.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5.1

PAY THE EXTRA AND STAY AT HOTEL ANTARES. We just felt like we really overpaid and Altea hostel really under delivered. The hostel advertises free breakfast, which is actually just powdered coffee with powdered milk and cereal (which you use the powdered milk with). There is no alcohol allowed on the terrace for some reason, which seems like a juvenile rule, as we just wanted to sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. On top of that, the wifi was spotty, and I doubt the duvets were being washed.