Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

The male receptionist is very rude. When I arrived he made us wait an hour to check in even though it was 5pm and they were advised in advance of this. He didn't tell us why we were waiting and ushered us to the terrace. When I went to ask for the wifi he grabbed me by the elbow and steered me out and told me to go to the terrace and shut the door to reception. He was never approachable and any questions felt like an inconvenience and when I checked in didn't tell me the front door code!

• 8th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

This place is excellent. Great value for money. Extremely cheap for the facilities you get. They have a great kitchen and plenty of space to eat and meet new people. The guy who owns the place has a good sense of humour and is very friendly, totally beats the french stereotype. Beds were comfy, bathrooms were spacious but showers are a bit small. All in all, I would definitely recommend this place. Room is also locked with a key card (so thumbs up for security).

Expected a lot more of communal vibe from the photos but don't be fooled! There's no real common area and you're NOT allowed to cook in the kitchen! The lower beds literally sit on the floor, the rooms haven't been cleaned in ages, the bathrooms are even worse. They charged extra for our bikes (4€ a night) and then tried toady that we only gave a 10€ deposit when it was 20€. If you read through the reviews there are a ton of fake reviews all clearly written by the same person working there.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Thankgod their wifi and aircon worked well. Wouldnt give my friend a receipt after telling her to come back because he was busy and eating. One younger male told me "he does what he wants" when I asked him to take my deposit off my half.Signs in kitchen say you can't cook.. What's a kitchen for!? Don't advertise having one. When we did try to prepare food we were watched over like children. Bottom bunk pretty much on floor.Woke up with bites all over me.dirty!

Hostel wasn't clean and safe. Staff barely spoke English. Water smells and floor was in bad condition. Bad quality for the value. At least it was close to railway station.

The worst hostel in my whole life! As Nice is a expensive city this hostel seemed like the "best" choice.Positive aspects: air conditioner in the dorm;close to the train station, supermarket and city center; there is a card to close the dorm;electrical outlet near to the bed.NEGATIVE aspects: They aren't professional! They live there with a dog, rent the dorms and keep many rules.It's old and mainly dirty! The kitchen, the terrace and bathroom are so unclean and a mess! No lockers in the dorm!

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in in two months of travelling. No atmosphere, staff were grumpy (especially the older guy who let me in), bathroom was dirty, everything was falling apart, and they were out to leech extra money from you however they could.

Expensive for what it was. Rooms weren't cleaned so it was dirty. 20 euro key deposit was very expensive and a lot to ask. No lockers in rooms. The floor boards in room 1 were uneven so unsafe and I tripped. Expensive hostel, I would cb pose somewhere else next time. Also the kitchen has signs up saying don't cook and cut up veggies as it clogs the kitchen. Defeats the purpose of having a kitchen at a hostel!

Considering that it's in Nice (a VERY expensive town) and that it's 5 minutes walking from the station and the centre: I understand why they'd cut a few corners here and there. But: a little more cleanliness would be appreciated as well as a warning that the light in the shower/WC goes out after a short time (I had to get out of the shower two times to turn it back on). That being said: the staff and the location are still key reasons why I'd choose this hostel. Thank you!

It's not that much worth full as with money. location wise is good. but not that much clean.

Nice hostel, very friendly man at the reception. Clean bed linen. In the room there is air conditioning. Pleasant terrace. In the morning, free coffee and tea. It is possible to prepare meals in the kitchen. Negative light in the bathroom quickly off and have to go back to include it. And early closed kitchen - after a day hiking really want to eat, but in the hotel is not possible and you have to spend money on cafe

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Russia

The staff was friedly, WiFi was good. Bathroom was unclean.