Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Thankgod their wifi and aircon worked well. Wouldnt give my friend a receipt after telling her to come back because he was busy and eating. One younger male told me "he does what he wants" when I asked him to take my deposit off my half.Signs in kitchen say you can't cook.. What's a kitchen for!? Don't advertise having one. When we did try to prepare food we were watched over like children. Bottom bunk pretty much on floor.Woke up with bites all over me.dirty!

Hostel wasn't clean and safe. Staff barely spoke English. Water smells and floor was in bad condition. Bad quality for the value. At least it was close to railway station.

The worst hostel in my whole life! As Nice is a expensive city this hostel seemed like the "best" choice.Positive aspects: air conditioner in the dorm;close to the train station, supermarket and city center; there is a card to close the dorm;electrical outlet near to the bed.NEGATIVE aspects: They aren't professional! They live there with a dog, rent the dorms and keep many rules.It's old and mainly dirty! The kitchen, the terrace and bathroom are so unclean and a mess! No lockers in the dorm!

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in in two months of travelling. No atmosphere, staff were grumpy (especially the older guy who let me in), bathroom was dirty, everything was falling apart, and they were out to leech extra money from you however they could.

Expensive for what it was. Rooms weren't cleaned so it was dirty. 20 euro key deposit was very expensive and a lot to ask. No lockers in rooms. The floor boards in room 1 were uneven so unsafe and I tripped. Expensive hostel, I would cb pose somewhere else next time. Also the kitchen has signs up saying don't cook and cut up veggies as it clogs the kitchen. Defeats the purpose of having a kitchen at a hostel!

Considering that it's in Nice (a VERY expensive town) and that it's 5 minutes walking from the station and the centre: I understand why they'd cut a few corners here and there. But: a little more cleanliness would be appreciated as well as a warning that the light in the shower/WC goes out after a short time (I had to get out of the shower two times to turn it back on). That being said: the staff and the location are still key reasons why I'd choose this hostel. Thank you!

Nice hostel, very friendly man at the reception. Clean bed linen. In the room there is air conditioning. Pleasant terrace. In the morning, free coffee and tea. It is possible to prepare meals in the kitchen. Negative light in the bathroom quickly off and have to go back to include it. And early closed kitchen - after a day hiking really want to eat, but in the hotel is not possible and you have to spend money on cafe

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Russia

The staff was friedly, WiFi was good. Bathroom was unclean.

There were exepted of 1 woman very nice people working there

it was good but just needs to fix something like shower it blocks and its a bit hard for us because we are 5 to take shower it gets our time,needs more clean!but the place is safe and accsesable!i

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Philippines

One of the best hostels i have ever seen.thank you guys

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Turkey

I met great people there, it was clean and I loved staying there! AC worked well, the beds were comfortable and everyone I met also liked the hostel. I would definitely recommend it!

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • Poland

Staff is unorganized. The bed I was given was taken so I had to go back and tell them, which took a long time because staff doesn't know how to take care of 1 person at a time. Always sorting half of someones problems and then talking to the next person. Deal with 1 person at a time. Not 4. Not many power points available in the room. There were no top sheets, just really thick, woolen blankets. I found this really confusing as it was summer. No lockers for bags. Room was cluttered with bags.

Pretty average place. No lockers in the rooms so you have to leave bags at reception, which closes overnight so if you go out you have to leave things there until morning. The AC works really well. Wifi is a bit weak but works overall in the rooms. The location is close to the train station and about a 15-20 minute walk to old town and the beach. Staff was kind.

wifi and aircon both worked well. the staff were friendly and helpful. the room we stayed in was not too overcrowded which was nice, and had an ensuite. my only suggestion would be to have a look at the drains in the shower, they took forever to drain and left the bottom of the shower a bit dirty

Very good hostel. Nice and quiet. Very helpful man on the front desk. Quite expensive for what you get however

No lockers to lock anything in, I stayed for a few days and they didn't clean the bathroom at all, got pretty dirty with 9 people sharing one bathroom. And they lock the terrace and the kitchen up at like 9 pm, and they advertise a full kitchen but the oven doesn't work and stove and other oven says "private don't use", you basically just have a microwave to heat premade meals.

No common room no kitchen no laundry, really no atmosphere made it hard to meet people. 20 minute walk to the beach not 15. AC was nice but no lockers. Not a good value for your money. Recommend it only if you're trying to sleep for a nite or two and not meet people

Place is very close to the train station, what is a really good point for you getting at there. Thou, it is far to walk to the beach. The kitchen is very tight and there are signs for you to not prepare food, only to heat something pre-cooked.The place doesn't feel clean, at all. The employees are very polite and willing to help. Rooms have air conditioner that can be used all day long.

Bathroom could use some updating and central AC would be nice, no alcohol in the hostel is a turn off.

• 21st Jul 2015