Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

good value hostel if your on a budget. Decent showers, wifi, kitchen and the staff are helpful. Close to the main beaches and nightlife area.

The room was clean with a nice shower and good air con.

• 25th Apr 2015

I enjoyed staying here. It had a good atmosphere even though The dorm was very nice with a good shower.

• 25th Apr 2015

Good things about this hostel – the staff, the terrace, the friendly atmosphere.

Thanks to the staff for making our stay enjoyable

Charged 2 euro/bag to drop off luggage before check-in. Room was ready at 10am but we were told it would be an extra 5 euros to check in prior to 2pm. Rip-off! Place was dirty and we had dirty sheets on one of our beds, and no mattress cover on the other. We left after 1 night & had to argue with the owner to get $ back. He literally screamed at us. We weren't expecting a palace - we were expecting basic cleanliness and respect. Have stayed in 20-30 hostels and this is by far the worst.

They are a little rude, we had to pay to take sheet and duvet. There's no kitchen, just a microwave inside the room, no forks and knives, no plates! No cleaning! They have some advices on the wall, and in our room, was wrote that check out was 10:30, but actually was at 10

• 20th Apr 2015

I only stayed here for one night but everything was fine. The room was clean and an OK price for what you get.

Very good hostel The staff here are helpful and friendly. The kitchen and terrace are a good place to meet people

Not good to meet up people like other places. The reception is open in a short period. The room is small and the staff added some unexpected taxes for bed linen. Weird neighborhood - looks dangerous to get back during the night.

For my weekend in Nice staying in Hostel Altea was pleasant ; They took time to explain to me all about the south of France and suggested places of interest; The rooms were good and the sheets and pillow cases smelt clean.

• 14th Apr 2015

My stay at the hotel Altea was pleasant. The rooms were fine even though sometimes mixed, everyone was friendly and their WIFI was very effective.

One of the best hostels in Nice and it was still pretty good. Really friendly staff and near to the station and beach.

I would recommend this hostel as a good place to stay . Good wifi, air conditioned rooms and clean.

• 10th Apr 2015

After booking my holiday on Hostel World, I was told by a friend that I can book directly with the Hostel Altea and she got a better rate than I did. I went on the website hostelaltea.com and discovered that they had all the information that wad necessary for my stay in the South of France.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Bahamas

The only thing I didn't like was, that there was supposed to be a kitchen in the room, but we only found a microwave...

The owner or manager try to charge me more money, because he said I arrived late, around 11pm and I let them know. When I told him that I was an experience backpacker, he change his mind, but the bad impression was made. I could not sleep well any nights because I was cold, I asked for another blanket but they did not have more the fist night. They only give you the bottom bed linen, not the top one, even if you are ready to pay more, the kitchen was very dirty, and the rest in general too.

Be ready to be charged extra fees when you arrive, even after booking online. They charged a .30 cents 'City Tax' and a 1.50€ to use of bed sheets. I did not see any 'extra charges' info online nor have I ever experienced going to a hostel that had those immediate and extra charges. And the person running the reception was kind of rude to. The place was ok but i would of went somewhere else if I knew I was going to a place that cost more than what the site. An avid traveller, Corey

The staff is very nice, but it was so pity there is no breackfast And the three stories beds are okay but they are not convenience to climb up and also disturb the owner of the bottom

My stay at Hostel Altea was very good. The staff was helpful and tried to fulfill my requirements I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Nice in the near furture.

• 31st Mar 2015