Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

Close to the station but a bit of a walk to the beach/ old town. Booked a 4 bed female dorm but got a 6 bed mixed. Wasn't a huge issue but would rather what I booked and paid for.

The guy at the reception is very cute and kind. The hostel's position is great, even if in the evening you have to be careful if you are alone. In the bedroom there was conditioning air, so you could switch it on if you were too hot. The small kitchen and the terrace are not very clean, but the bedrooms and the bathrooms are okay

The location is the best thing about this place. Fairly clean and dorms good but not a party hostel. You can’t drink on the terrace but it’s not far to the Old Town which has good bars.

• 14th Jul 2014

Staff were rude and not very helpful. It is in a bad spot. The beds are filthy. It is overpriced. The people staying there were losers. There were no group activities. It was an absolute wrought. 20 Euro deposit for key was ridiculous. There were no lockers either. Lockers are essential for security when backpacking, this was the worst hostel I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at 23 in 8 different countries. The French let me down.

• 13th Jul 2014

Great location and easy to find, although was pretty expensive and had to pay extra for lockers. Had everything we were looking for and met some great people here. Good kitchen but I think this place has plumbing problems...

thank you for your review Jessica we apprecie for plumbing probleme in the kitchen nothing important only somethimes some small things to care

Had a really good stay. The kitchen is very good and we met some nice people.

• 4th Jul 2014

Can recommend this place. Staff were friendly and the room was really nice. Decent hostel close to station.

• 4th Jul 2014

Lovely and recommendable!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

thanks for your review petr see you soon i hope

The guy who ran the hostel had made most of the cupboards in the kitchen(private) or locked them so there really wasn't many things that could be used. Also the ensuite toilet in my room was pretty filthy. Wasn't overly happy with the state of things in there. Other than that, it was reasonable... Nothing stood out for me though

I am not a picky person and never really complain. But, im this case I feel I need to... This hostel would have been perfect if it were clean. The beds had dead moths which had been there a while, the bathroom was awful and I did not see any staff cleaning at all. The kitchen would have been good if it were clean, the fridge smelt and everything was covered in grime. To be honest all this hostel needs is a good bleach.

• 16th Jun 2014

All in all it's a nice hostel, the stuff were friendly and helpful. It's not too far away from the train station and the city center. There's a nice kitchen, terrace, etc. I'm not used to pay extra for sheets and leaving my bag for couple of hours after I check out (usually it's free/included in other hostels)... So I ended up paying couple of euro more than expected, but I would come back if I need to.

10 minute walk into the centre. Staff clean bathroom when required. Good hostel. Great social area in the kitchen and yard.

awesome!!!! my friend and I reserved two beds in a room with 7 other girls, but when we arrived, there were no beds left in that room…we were quite disappointed but then the man at the desk gave us spacious private room (meant for 3 but we were only 2) with a sink! very accommodating, highly recommend

Very friendly hostel and we met some nice people here Good hostel, cheap compared to other hostels in Nice but the facilities are good like wifi in the room, aircon and really nice terrace.

• 31st May 2014

This place is very nice for the price. good the facilities rooms are decent and the staff were helpful. The rooms have air conditioning!

• 31st May 2014
  • US Virgin Islands

I really have bad impression. when i arrived there, i had to wait for 30 min. to get inside because staff was sleeping inside. he didn'd answer the ring bell and phone call even though it was said daily reception is opend from 10:00 to 20:00.(I arrived around 15:00). And while I was staying there for 3 days, room had never been cleaned. somtimes staff(only 1 guy) left the building for his own business in daytime so I can't get to the lobby or kitchen because he looks the area when he left.

No television, No closets, Towels and sheets are not included in the tariff. Basic toiletries are not provided. These are some points that must be rectified.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • India

Our hostel does not offer ANY Television In Rooms You can read before your booking payable towels it was offered you don t remember To No! When the room she occupied Whether you are large spacious and Wa Totally redone Your requirement does not relate With What You Chosen as Location

I was only there for one night, bit everything was fine. Close to train station, easy to walk anywhere in Nice, nice staff. Triple bunk beds, though, which I don't like.

Chose this hostel because it was close to the train station and I was going to be training to Monaco a lot. It was good for that and not much else. This hostel is very average. Beds were dirty. Shower didn't drain. Kitchen/patio is only common area but it closes early. Wifi didn't reach my bed so because of this, the day I checked out I needed to do some stuff online for my travels in the common area but the owner kicked me out! Said "check out is check out" - I was shocked and appalled.

• 18th Apr 2014

We ve been in this hostel for 3 nights. It hasnt got lockers so you have to trust your roommates or take your stuff with you. Kitchen has closed at 9.30 pm, bedsheets cost extra 1,5 per night per person. It was quite clean and the service was nice. And its just a few metres far from the central station.