Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

For my weekend in Nice staying in Hostel Altea was pleasant ; They took time to explain to me all about the south of France and suggested places of interest; The rooms were good and the sheets and pillow cases smelt clean.

• 14th Apr 2015

My stay at the hotel Altea was pleasant. The rooms were fine even though sometimes mixed, everyone was friendly and their WIFI was very effective.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Norway

I sent them an email at the email address they have provided on their website to email me a copy of the bill of my stay but they havent done so which is very annoying.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • India

After booking my holiday on Hostel World, I was told by a friend that I can book directly with the Hostel Altea and she got a better rate than I did. I went on the website hostelaltea.com and discovered that they had all the information that wad necessary for my stay in the South of France.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Bahamas

The only thing I didn't like was, that there was supposed to be a kitchen in the room, but we only found a microwave...

The owner or manager try to charge me more money, because he said I arrived late, around 11pm and I let them know. When I told him that I was an experience backpacker, he change his mind, but the bad impression was made. I could not sleep well any nights because I was cold, I asked for another blanket but they did not have more the fist night. They only give you the bottom bed linen, not the top one, even if you are ready to pay more, the kitchen was very dirty, and the rest in general too.

Be ready to be charged extra fees when you arrive, even after booking online. They charged a .30 cents 'City Tax' and a 1.50€ to use of bed sheets. I did not see any 'extra charges' info online nor have I ever experienced going to a hostel that had those immediate and extra charges. And the person running the reception was kind of rude to. The place was ok but i would of went somewhere else if I knew I was going to a place that cost more than what the site. An avid traveller, Corey

The staff is very nice, but it was so pity there is no breackfast And the three stories beds are okay but they are not convenience to climb up and also disturb the owner of the bottom

My stay at Hostel Altea was very good. The staff was helpful and tried to fulfill my requirements I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Nice in the near furture.

• 31st Mar 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. The weather was great and it’s a nice place but I mainly came for the sightseeing so I didn’t spend too much time inside. It’s a shame when people travel and don’t go out. Cliquez ici pour Répondre ou pour Transférer le message. 5,84 Go (38 %) utilisés sur 15 Go Gérer Conditions d'utilisation - Confidentialité Dernière activité sur le compte : Il y a 34 minutes Détai

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Bahamas

Most of facilities only work during high season so you can't use the kitchen! I couldn't leave my backpack in the hostel after the check out! When I arrived like 10pm no one opened me, I had to wait until sone guest arrive!

Nice hostel but there wasn't a common room to hang out in. The weather was warm but the terrace is closed until May. A place to sleep and that's about it.

We had a good time here and will definitely come back. The hostel is in the city centre and near the train station but the rooms are quiet because of the double glazing so you don’t hear the trains. The staff were friendly and if you’re not expecting Waldorf Astoria services it’s good value.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

This was one of the worst hostels I have stayed at. First of all, I had reserved a 6 room dorm only to find 3 triple beds (9 total). When the owner was informed, he said not to worry as there would only be 3 to 4 people. Almost every day there was between 7 and 9 people in the room. (3 days out of 5). The owner did reimburse the difference, but only for those days and did so very unwillingly. Kitchen was closed.... Only open from May to September but always advertised. Very dirty facilities.

Hostel Altea location is very central; even though central in NICE about 4 mIns from train station My stay there was reasonably quiet I like its location because it is close to all shops and to go by foo t to the main areas around Nice. Catching the buses to Monaco and Cannes is also within walking distance. The staff there was helpful.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

It was very nice there to stay again. I enjoed every minute. Es allways clean, friendly and nice service.

This is a super place and the price is affordable because the dollar is so strong against the euro. They also have a website hostelaltea.com which is very helpful.

• 6th Mar 2015

I had a very good experience at altea hostel. Very friendly staff and its a nice place to live in. Just a small thing there is a kitchen but its not well equipped no gas, and hardly any utensils...however there is a microwave, so u can manage!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • India

I enjoyed everything in Altea and I will definitely come back in the next time.

I was impressed by the manager. He was very organized, methodical and extremely welcoming. I was in room 6, there was a good atmosphere and the room was very clean. The manager have personally inspected the room to see if we needed anything. He was like our father who deeply care for our comfort. Tram, bus and train stations are few minutes walk. Same for Lidl supermarket. I definitely recommend this hostel. Please read my full review here : https://app.box.com/s/62efhhbobh6u1hmh908px6kxr2gt3oph