Altea Hostel Reviews

3 boulevard Raimbaldi, Nice, France

One of the best hostels in Nice and it was still pretty good. Really friendly staff and near to the station and beach.

I would recommend this hostel as a good place to stay . Good wifi, air conditioned rooms and clean.

• 10th Apr 2015

After booking my holiday on Hostel World, I was told by a friend that I can book directly with the Hostel Altea and she got a better rate than I did. I went on the website hostelaltea.com and discovered that they had all the information that wad necessary for my stay in the South of France.

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Bahamas

The only thing I didn't like was, that there was supposed to be a kitchen in the room, but we only found a microwave...

Be ready to be charged extra fees when you arrive, even after booking online. They charged a .30 cents 'City Tax' and a 1.50€ to use of bed sheets. I did not see any 'extra charges' info online nor have I ever experienced going to a hostel that had those immediate and extra charges. And the person running the reception was kind of rude to. The place was ok but i would of went somewhere else if I knew I was going to a place that cost more than what the site. An avid traveller, Corey

Incredible! You cry because you have to pay 30 cents tax when you know that this is clearly marked on the site when you book and it's obligatory. Do you know where you are? This is the French Riviera, it's very expensive and you're lucky to have found a hostel like ours which is very cheap compared to a hotel which would cost 100 euros a night. Nobody was rude to you and it doesn't cost more than advertised, next time why don't you go free camping in the mountains as this costs nothing.

The staff is very nice, but it was so pity there is no breackfast And the three stories beds are okay but they are not convenience to climb up and also disturb the owner of the bottom

Thanks for your comments, we enjoy having people from Thailand in the hostel as they are always very friendly. Unfortunately for the modest sum of 12 euros a night we can't provide a breakfast, as you know France is much more expensive then Thailand. Hope to you see you again and don't forget that you can reserve on our site hostelaltea.com

My stay at Hostel Altea was very good. The staff was helpful and tried to fulfill my requirements I would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to visit Nice in the near furture.

• 31st Mar 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by this hostel. The weather was great and it’s a nice place but I mainly came for the sightseeing so I didn’t spend too much time inside. It’s a shame when people travel and don’t go out. Cliquez ici pour Répondre ou pour Transférer le message. 5,84 Go (38 %) utilisés sur 15 Go Gérer Conditions d'utilisation - Confidentialité Dernière activité sur le compte : Il y a 34 minutes Détai

Most of facilities only work during high season so you can't use the kitchen! I couldn't leave my backpack in the hostel after the check out! When I arrived like 10pm no one opened me, I had to wait until sone guest arrive!

We have a baggage cupboard which is available to all our clients so you could have left your backpack after checkout. You arrived at 11:00pm summer time hours.

Nice hostel but there wasn't a common room to hang out in. The weather was warm but the terrace is closed until May. A place to sleep and that's about it.

We had a good time here and will definitely come back. The hostel is in the city centre and near the train station but the rooms are quiet because of the double glazing so you don’t hear the trains. The staff were friendly and if you’re not expecting Waldorf Astoria services it’s good value.

This was one of the worst hostels I have stayed at. First of all, I had reserved a 6 room dorm only to find 3 triple beds (9 total). When the owner was informed, he said not to worry as there would only be 3 to 4 people. Almost every day there was between 7 and 9 people in the room. (3 days out of 5). The owner did reimburse the difference, but only for those days and did so very unwillingly. Kitchen was closed.... Only open from May to September but always advertised. Very dirty facilities.

You are the worst client I ever saw. You were in a large room with an ensuite shower and WC where you were alone most of the time for 12 euros a night, a derisory price because in France there are lots of taxes. The rooms are cleaned every day, if your dorm mates don't respect the place you need to tell them. There'a a recycling container just next to the hostel and it's up to the guests to recycle their bottles and cardboard because the cleaning lady can't do everything.

Great staff and comfy rooms.

Hostel Altea location is very central; even though central in NICE about 4 mIns from train station My stay there was reasonably quiet I like its location because it is close to all shops and to go by foo t to the main areas around Nice. Catching the buses to Monaco and Cannes is also within walking distance. The staff there was helpful.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

It was very nice there to stay again. I enjoed every minute. Es allways clean, friendly and nice service.

This is a super place and the price is affordable because the dollar is so strong against the euro. They also have a website hostelaltea.com which is very helpful.

• 6th Mar 2015

It’s a good hostel if you’re travelling on a budget. Nice staff and dog.

• 5th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Good location as near to the train station and 15 minutes to the Old Town.

I had a very good experience at altea hostel. Very friendly staff and its a nice place to live in. Just a small thing there is a kitchen but its not well equipped no gas, and hardly any utensils...however there is a microwave, so u can manage!

• 13th Feb 2015
  • India

I enjoyed everything in Altea and I will definitely come back in the next time.