AlterEgo Guesthouse Reviews

Via Poeta Calvino,37, Trapani, Italy

I stayed in the guest house and thought it was very nice. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Trapani.

I have been transfered to B&B Garibaldi since AlterEgo was in renovation so I'll refer to the former one. The room was very nice, homey, clean and well equipped. I've seen the hostel as well and there were still some works there so it's hard to judge but I wouldn't hesitate in booking AlterEgo again. The room itself and the common space was spacious, there was a bar with some facilities, the internet commection was great!

Got clean bedsheets and towels, though the kitchen was quite filthy, I saw a cockroach in there. Couldn't get the AC to work, and the mattresses were uncomfortable. No one to fill up the toiletpaper. This is a hostel where all you do is sleep, good location. They had lockers where you could keep your stuff, but you could still open them, the locks are not correctly mounted. There was only one working poweroutlet in the room, though you had outlets by all the beds.

There was no-one at the hostel when we arrived - there is no manned desk, just a few hand written numbers next to the door. The lack of a manned desk means it is difficult to get hold of staff or any assistance/information you may need about getting around/sights etc. The rooms are gloomy, the kitchen area has a sink, kettle and fridge only - very basic. Showers have doors but thre are no doors on the changing area. Towels were threadbare and stained.

Quite good, recommended to Young people.

• 5th Aug 2013