Alternative Creative Youth Hostel Reviews

Ronda Universitat 17 (entresuelo - 3), Barcelona, Spain

Wonderful hostel right in the center of Barcelona. It's quiet but that's what I was looking for. As a female solo traveler I felt safe at all times and liked that they had someone sitting at the reception non-stop. It was easy to meet people in the common room. There is also a small kitchen, a fridge, computers and they provide individual lockers, which contributes to the safety aspect. Staff is very friendly and knows a lot about the city. I had a great time there and hope to return soon! :-)

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Great hostel with great people in a great location! Staff is very helpful and give excellent recommendations. Good music at the hostel. Would definitely recommend!!

• 23rd Aug 2015

The rooms were a noisy as they are not properly separated from the common room (only a glass door). For a hostel is not nice to have a common room that "close" around 10/11pm, and no drinks or conversations are allowed... It abolished the whole hostel experience and the possibility of meet other people and have a nice conversation.

This is not a party hostel at all When we walked in people were just reading books, we did except this but there was no atmosphere Also we were there for three days for the first two days, for the first two days there was no hot water. So you got a better shower at the beach Although the beds are comfy and it's in a good location

Hello, Yes, that's right. We are not a party hostel and this is clearly stated in the hostel description. Please, next time inform yourself better about the place you book to avoid disappointment and damage to a hostel by leaving an unjust review. We apologize for the hot water issue that occurred during your stay. Boilers can break unexpectedly and have to be replaced. Sorry that this needed time. We are happy to hear though that you at least enjoyed the beds and appreciated the location.

My 2nd stay here. Perfect location, quiet and safe with a locker big enough for a backpack. Kitchen for cooking. I find it too expensive though. No breakfast.

Excellent stay. Friendly staff, clean hostel, always helpful. Excellent facilities and a perfect location. Would definitely recommend!

• 11th Jul 2015

Great hostel! Al and his team are wonderful and very friendly. They keep the place very clean and are happy to help at any time. It is a quiet atmosphere and they like to keep it that way which is great especially when heading to bed.

Generally good. Wouldn't pick a second time though. One staff member was not helpful at all. Though everyone else was super wonderful. Met some cool people - they made my trip more than the hostel. Loved the music they played. Pretty strict rules about partying and drinking in the hostel.

Wow, is all I can say . Everyone is super nice , I met some tremendous people that I'll never forget . Staff are so cool they could probobly form a kick ass rap group. I can't praise them enough . I'll be back there so soon they'll think I never left . Until next time I love you alternative creative youth hostel !

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Everything was brillant. If you dont mind breakfast (coz no breakfast but you can use kitchen to prepare everything) it is best place to stay for barcelona trip. Especially staf and cleanliness. I suggest everybody to stay there :)

Warm and friendly staff, perfect location, clean.. I like that the lockers and other facilities were located away from the sleeping area to keep down on noise. Had a great 2-day stay here.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Great place with great people!

This Hostel was a great small hostel. We got a bed, shower, and bathroom in a clean condition with a friendly staff. They let you rent towels, store your things after checkout, and made you feel at home. Although Barcelona often times felt very unsafe (this is coming from three grown men) we never felt unsafe in the hostel or the immediate area around the hostel. I wouldn't support barcelona as a city or vacation, but this hostel was a very good place to stay.

excellent place! just nothing to complain about :-)

Luggage room for additional money Washing machine for _lots of additional money 5 minutes of wi-fi, or visit a toilet after check-out - additional money Do you think it is usual for all hostels? No, it's not! Это отель "Сантик" из Незнайки на Луне

friendly staff at an excellent location! what more can you ask for?