Alternative Hostels Reviews

Av. Huayna Capac y Casique Duma Esq., Cuenca, Ecuador

Great hostel with wonderfully helpful and friendly staff. The hostel has a calm vibe and is very relaxed. Comfy beds, good room size and excellent kitchen area. Location to me was not an issue at all. Good base to explore Cuenca. Would stay there again.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Switzerland

Staff were very helpful and their were plenty of bathrooms and showers that were always clean. The staff answered all of our questions and went above and beyond when I was trying to figure out some photo issues. The common areas were nice (tv area, patio, rooftop, longue area) but not necessarily great places to meet people. More of a peaceful place. Overall, really nice place to stay.

Nice building with a nice ambiance. The location was a bit away from the center. Cuenca is a nice place to walk but the 15 min walk annoyed me a little more than expected. More importantly, it's located on a very busy and loud intersection. There was also a party outside at 3AM. There are plenty of bathrooms and they are cleaned well every morning. There are lockers with locks at reception, not in the rooms. There is a panaderia a block down and coffee is provided, so that's breakfast.

Very Clean hostel with good cooking facilities. Beds are comfortable and staff are very nice and obliging. Location is about 15min away from the centre and hostel is located beside a traffic junction and a late night bar which can be very noisy.

All of the staff at Alternative were very friendly and helpful. It was super clean, the wonderful lady taking care of the place even dusted the stairs. The kitchen was a good size and included a blender. It was a nice chill atmosphere and in a good spot between the bus station and bars/restaurants. I would for sure stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

Nice and clean hostel, a bit outside, but à fast walk. The main thing is that this is be side à busy boulvard and you hear the traffic all the time inside the hostel and the rooms

It's a bit of a walk to the main square but well worth it. Awesome hostel

Very nice, quiet place. Perfect location to relax, see the river and other sites.

After booking 1 night, I told the staff that I could stay another night. They told me that it was OK if I confirmed the next morning. The next morning, at 9.30, I told them that I wanted to stay one more night but they told me that my room had been booked. They denied having told me that I could confirm the room later. They did not help me at all to find another room and there was no internet since the day I arrived. "Sorry" would have been enough. Maybe the worst place I've ever been!