Alternative Hostels Reviews

Av. Huayna Capac y Casique Duma Esq., Cuenca, Ecuador

Nice and clean hostel, a bit outside, but à fast walk. The main thing is that this is be side à busy boulvard and you hear the traffic all the time inside the hostel and the rooms

It's a bit of a walk to the main square but well worth it. Awesome hostel

Very nice, quiet place. Perfect location to relax, see the river and other sites.

After booking 1 night, I told the staff that I could stay another night. They told me that it was OK if I confirmed the next morning. The next morning, at 9.30, I told them that I wanted to stay one more night but they told me that my room had been booked. They denied having told me that I could confirm the room later. They did not help me at all to find another room and there was no internet since the day I arrived. "Sorry" would have been enough. Maybe the worst place I've ever been!

Kind of really loud - because on a very busy street. And there were Constructions going on - so a little bit of too much noise... But all in all a nice Hostel, nice terrasse and kitchen with free coffee all day.

Great hostel! Friendly staff, clean bathrooms and bedrooms, great kitchen with plenty of utensils. Perfect!

The kitchen was well equipped, they even had a blender...

Very pretty hostel. It is super clean! Lots of bathrooms for the number of guests and the kitchen is very spacious. It is a 5 to 10 minutes walk to the historic center which is super nice. Beds are very comfy.

Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable of the area and historical sites. Kitchen area always clean, spacious and comfortable.

I stayed here for one night on my way to Peru. The hostel is a tad out of the way of the city centre but well within walking distance. Bathrooms are cleaned daily. No breakfast but a kitchen is available. The best thing about this hostel above all is the staff! The girl who works during the day is a wealth of information! very kind and helpful!

Nice place to stay for a night or two. Hot water was boiling and very hard to get temperature right. Beds comfy. Kitchen ok to cook in as no breakfast included. Wifi was poor in places.

Pros: Extremely helpful and friendly staff, extremely clean rooms, very homely and safe atmosphere, situated near the Calle Larga, with lots of restaurants and bars, within walking distance to Old Town If the hostel has a bar, it will bring in the party crowds although I'm sure this is not what the staff envision the hostel to be. Because of that the hostel can be quieter than other hostels - hence it is not for those seeking to drink and get rowdy in the nights.

Out of town, but no more than 20' from the main bus terminal or the main square. Rather good facilities, including the kitchen. Fewer lockers than dorm beds, though. Nice and helpful staff. Good atmosphere when I was staying there. the traffic light beep mentioned by some reviewers is indeed annoying, but earplugs easily solved the problem.

Very close to the Banco del republica museum, reasonably well equipped kitchen and helpful staff. Laundry service is $6 for a load but was returned incredibly fast... wish they had folded the clothes after drying.. but you can't win them alll

Stayed here for a few days and it was exactly what we needed. It's only a 20 minute walk into town, or alternatively there are buses that go from right outside the hostel into town, or to the bus station, both only 25cents. The rooms were clean and modern, the showers were some of the nicest we've had in South America, and the kitchen was clean and well equipped.

• 29th Mar 2015

Great location. Very helpful staff. Slightly noisy from the annoying traffic light beeping outside all night.

Hostel is in a good location about 10 mins from centre. Bedrooms face onto courtyard where the kitchen is and is fairly noisy at night. People keep to themselves and don't really talk with other travellers.

great space and "feel". i loved cuenca and this hostel did nothing to ruin my experience! wifi was a little patchy, and perhaps not enough power outlets in my dorm.. but overall, a comfortable, clean and relaxed atmosphere close to cafés, shops and within walking distance of the historic centre

Great place for a stopover but not many places to eat nearby.

Extremely helpful staff, new facilities, amazing deal for the money. Only very minor things to improve.