Aluna Casa y Cafe

Fabulous 238 Total Reviews

• derrickfrazier3398
  • USA, Male, 31-40
16th May 2017

The owners are absolutely charming, and the location is conveniently just a short walk from the heart of the city. It's a relatively quiet and calm hostel, and not nearly as large and busy as the more party-oriented places nearby, so it's not going to be for everyone (but then again, what hostel is?).

29th Apr 2017
8.0

Location was great, close to main areas and quiet. Reception was great for planning and helping organise things. Get a room with A/C as the heat is relentless. Internet is spotty at best outside of communal area and doesn't reach bedrooms. Kitchen had limited equipment and wasn't clean.

23rd Apr 2017
6.3

My least favorite host I stayed at. The staff was not very welcoming and not very helpful when it came to recommendations. Despite the fact that they advertise AC, there is not AC in the multi-person dormitory. However, they have good lockers and they let me store my stuff in a secure, locked closet while I traveled to Tyrona Park. It was a quiet hostel, which is what I needed at the time given my early flight. It was more like a hotel.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

Good location for a quiet night. If you want to party you should go look somewhere else. Nice staff, not much atmosphere

10th Apr 2017

Loved my stay at Aluna, one night either end of lost city trek Fantastic rooms, common areas and staff. The only letdown was the kitchen, not much equipment and maybe it was my bad timing but always seemed dirty even though no one was around But don't let that put you off it's s truly lovely hostel

• England, Female, 31-40
4th Apr 2017

Aluna Casa is a great place to stay in Santa Marta. For me, the best thing was how helpful and friendly the owners and staff were. As soon as I arrived I received useful information about Santa Marta and my onward travel. The dorm I stayed in was clean and was at the top of the building next to a spacious outdoor space perfect for relaxing in. I had a delicious breakfast from the cafe and would recommend doing the same.

• neadington
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th Mar 2017

The nicest hostel iv stayed in so far. The Staff were very helpful, even when we messed up our own booking they went out of their way to sort it out for us. Really great communal area on the roof terrace, clean kitchen, comfy beds and nice and quiet in the evening when you want to sleep. Great hostel.

27th Feb 2017

Super quiet hostel, near buses for Minca or Tayrona park. At that price i would have expected hot (at least warm) water since a lot if our cheaper hostels had it. The rest was fine.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2017

Great place to stay, great location and nice rooms. Patrick was really friendly and always happy to help out with travel plans.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
13th Jan 2017

Excellent place to stay. Great value for money and lovely staff.