8.4
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 199 Total Reviews
Aluna Casa y Cafe Located at Calle 21 No. 5-72, , Santa Marta.
Colombia
Santa Marta Magdalena 23420 Calle 21 No. 5-72
84% 199
11.2408307 -74.2103252
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Nov 2016
5.1

My passport was stolen from my bag while in their "safe storage place" while I went to Tayrona for one night. Some of my things had been moved in the bag. The only people with access were the staff. I have sent the hostel about 5 emails asking for further checks but none have been responded to. They told me to email as my Spanish is not great. It has massively inconvenienced me/ruined my travel plans. I have to bus my way around Colombia to try and obtain an emergency travel doc.

• Finland, Female, 31-40
15th Nov 2016

Nice hostel close to the city center. Friendly and helpful staff. Many guests traveling in couples or groups - as a solo traveler it's not the easiest place to meet people. WiFi only works downstairs and not in the rooms. No mosquito nets on windows or beds so I got bitten a lot (but this is the Caribbean coast so it's bound to happen). Shower is the weakest I've had in my entire life. Otherwise all good!

• Germany, Male, 31-40
10th Nov 2016

Super friendly staff, nice furniture and everything is very clean. This is not a party hostel!

• Germany, All Female Group, 25-30
29th Aug 2016

Aluna has the most friendly staff we met in one last month. Great!

18th Aug 2016

Great hotel located in a safe location. Helped us to arrange transportation for the next day. Pretty rooms and great building.

• England, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2016
6.9

Only stayed for a night. Seemed a bit dirty in the bathroom/toilet. Was no atmosphere, seemed like no one was about.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay but arriving at 9.30pm and leaving early the next day doesn't give you much of a chance to assess our casa. Our shared bathroom for the 6 bed dorm is cleaned twice a day, in the morning and in the afternoon. I am sorry if it seemed dirty when you arrived but that is down to your fellow guests. As for no atmosphere, we were at 90% occupancy that night so there were certainly other guests about. Perhaps you should have read about us. We are a guesthouse for "independent" travelers who come to explore the culture of the coast. We do not offer "activities" and "entertainments" for our guests. We usually advise guests to go out from the casa and explore the city and what it has to offer.

• emilybocking9459
  • England, Mixed Group, 25-30
8th Aug 2016
7.4

Lovely owners and great breakfast (although not included). Breezy terrace at the top but our rooms (6 bed dorm and a double private) did not have air con as suggested by the site which was a shame.

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Aug 2016

The Aluna is named after a documentary about the local Kogi tribe--they have free coffee on the second floor in the morning and tasty breakfasts (not free) in the cafe, along with beer and drinks. The staff was very helpful. They arranged a bus to Cartegena for us and can arrange other tours as well. We had a private room without air conditioner--it was a little warm but fine with a fan. Great value, great people.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
28th Jul 2016

One of my favourite hostels. Staff very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere and location fantastic. Most areas open air with a nice breeze at night. 3rd floor communal area my favourite. Just down one floor there's always pots of tinto(coffee) available for you to enjoy. My room (3rd floor, 6 bed) was spacious with large lockers. Only complaint was that Wifi didn't work in the room, but works near the stairs and starting from 2nd floor. At times network spotty. Breakfast pretty good as well.

• USA, Male, 25-30
18th Jun 2016
7.1

Only there for about 12 hours so not a totally fair review, but staff didn't speak any English (most hostels have), and lack of a/c was offset by many loud fans in our room...not the easiest thing to fall asleep to. Breakfast is cheap and delicious though. Location seemed good as it's not far from a square where there are many restaurants and bars.