Alvaro Residencia Reviews

Conde Romanones, 8 ext, 2�D, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Really great location right near Puerta De Sol. The hosts only speak Spanish so get your language skills at the ready!

• 11th Dec 2014

We had a great time at Alvaro Residencia, amazing place and location :)

We really enjoyed our stay here - excellent staff and location, great kitchen and a comfortable bed. Great value for the money, as well!

This hostel is very good and clean. My room was private room for 2 people and that was really good and has big window which can see outside. Location is totally good too. This hostel is in center of Madrid tourism. I was able to go Pradeo, Sofia, Tissen, Madrid palace and every attraction by just walking. But if you want really quiet place for sleeping, I couldn't advise to you this hostel. When I slept in here, Outside was really noisy even I couldnt open the window.

Alvaro Residencia was a great hostel! It was an actual home with a few bedrooms! The staff was great, but they don't speak much english. Wifi was everywhere throughout the hostel! The location is perfect, really close to the metro and a 4 minute walk to Puerta Del Sol. The security was great, they give you three keys, one for each door you have to get in. The beds were comfortable, great after coming back from a long day! They clean the rooms, bathroom and kitchen very often, super clean.

Small Hostel but the rooms are quite spacious. Its more like a shared flat and I guess the owners live in the same place.. but the atmosphere is ok and its really in the very center ...

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Very central location. Large, comfortable room, which was clean and included bedding and towels. Owners were very friendly and helpful. Overall, excellent value for money, and a nice place to stay.

• 28th Oct 2014

Nice place with great location. The family who runs the place live there so the kitchen is shared with them.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Very cozy, low-key hostel. Ideal for families and couples. Super clean place. Good beds, good showers, good wifi signal.

The management staff were very friendly, even motherly. I felt I was at home, greeted by my mother. Thank you, so much for everything Adoracion "Dory" Alvaro. I arrived at 12:45 midnight and Dory was there to greet me. I was so embarrassed because I could not send her an email as to the train ticket I bought, the last trip from Barcelona to Madrid, as the wifi in the lodging I had in Barcelona, where I attended a conference, was not functioning.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

We had a great stay at the Alvaro Residencia. It was very clean and the room was large. The room cleaned and we were surprised to find our bed made on the first day! The occasion was good, about a five minute walk to the Plaza Mayor and many restaurants. We would definitely recommend staying here.

Lovely lady who runs the place. Clean facilities with full kitchen and fridge/cupboard space. Excellent wifi and a good location just a 5 minute walk from the centre of Madrid. Would stay again

Staff was great...very helpful! A little dated, but clean and quaint!

Great hostel! The location is really excellent. There's a fully equipped kitchen you can freely use. Rooms are very nice and clean. The only problem was that the staff did not really know English, so you have to find someone to translate it. They are lovely people and easy to communicate about basic issues despite of the language barrier, but for more complex questions about the city, they cannot guide you. But it's not a reason not to choose the hostel. Trust it for a problem-free experince.

The rooms are private so you get more of a hotel feel than a hostel feel. However, the woman running the place is extremely kind and accommodating. The location is also great. 5 minute walk to Puerta del Sol or Plaza Mayor. 30 second walk to subway.

• 8th Aug 2014

This place really felt like more than a hostel. Nice location and quiet interior. Still the opportunity to meet other travellers in the kitchen. All is provided and very friendly staff. Recommended!

The Alvaro Residencia is a large apartment with many rooms. We were greeted with a big smile by the friendly lady that runs the place. She also lives in the apartment so you always have her there to ask questions. She was very helpful, although her english is not the greatest but it was not an issue. Our room was big and had two great fans to cool us down in the evening. The kitchen was well equipped and plenty of designated fridge/pantry space for each room. We recommend this accommodation!!!

Great hostel to stay in if you want some peace and quiet. Located close to Tirso de Molina, the hostel is close to the major tourist attractions as well as some great tapas bars. The bed was comfortable, the bathrooms cleaned and supplied well, and the kitchen fully-equipped. We would definitely consider staying in this hostel again should we make another trip back to Madrid!

숙소의 위치와 시설 더불어 가격까지 최고의 호텔이였습니다 ^^

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Friendly hosts who settled us in quickly and gave us advice for food and places of interesr. The hostel feels very homely with a full-functioning kitchen, refridgerators and a computer. Room was spacious and comfortable despite the summer heat. Great location right next to a metro station. Smooth, worry-free check-in/check-out process. Definetely would like to return.