Alvaro Residencia Reviews

Conde Romanones, 8 ext, 2�D, 28012, Madrid, Spain

Excellent hostel for very low price! Very cozy and clean! Felt like at home. The owner doesnt speak English, but very caring and lovely woman. Location is perfect, 1 minute walk to the tube station and 10 minutes walk to the main square. Would definitely recommend this place!

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Lithuania

Great location...about 5-10 minute walk from Plaza Mayor and right by the metro. Owner is very nice but doesn't speak a lot of English. Rooms are clean. Just don't stay in room 7 if you plan on going to sleep before 11pm because it's right next to the kitchen and the wall is very thin.

• 14th Mar 2015

The host was very friendly and explained to us everything we needed to know even if she wasnt speaking english. The furniture was a little outdated and the rooms very dark. Unfortunately the house is extremely loud at every time - late at night and early in the morning. There were even people ringing the bell at 4 in the morning. The noise kept us awake all our stay - even with earplugs. So we were very tired all the time and could not enjoy our stay. I would not recommend this place.

We had a lovely time here. The location could not have been better. Only blocks from Sol yet still in a lovely quiet neighborhood close to everything.

• 5th Mar 2015

noisy in the early morning

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Staying in the Alvaro Residencia was a pleasant experience. The location was ideal, close to the Plaza Mayor and most of the major sights you'd like to see as a first time visitor (we did virtually everything on foot). The rooms were clean, nicely decorated and adequately spacious. Also the shared bathroom was very decent. The Hostel also offers a nice kitchen. The owner was very friendly. Her English was perhaps inadequate but this was more than compensated by her friendly atittude.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you very much. Nice to meet you.

Clean rooms. When we stayed there, it was very noisy. The walls are very thin so we heard The neighbours fighting and talking. The host doesn't sprak english but she explains everything very well in her own way. The location is perfect! We did everything on foot! There's also a supermarket behind the corner which came in handy to buy Some water.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Belgium

I was so impressed! Great location, super clean. The woman who runs the hostel is incredibly caring and hospitable. I would always come back to this hostel.

• 22nd Jan 2015

One of staff cant speak english very well but staff is helpful. Wifi singal is not strong enought . Location is great!

Really great location right near Puerta De Sol. The hosts only speak Spanish so get your language skills at the ready!

We had a great time at Alvaro Residencia, amazing place and location :)

We really enjoyed our stay here - excellent staff and location, great kitchen and a comfortable bed. Great value for the money, as well!

The location is perfect and the room were amazing... The only problem is the fact that the owner doesn't speak English (what wasn't a problem for us and she is so lovely) and sometimes you feel like you are living in the house of someone else, mainly when you are using the kitchen because it seems as the kitchen is used for personal purposes for them as well. However, it didn't make our staying bed and I would stay there again.

This hostel is very good and clean. My room was private room for 2 people and that was really good and has big window which can see outside. Location is totally good too. This hostel is in center of Madrid tourism. I was able to go Pradeo, Sofia, Tissen, Madrid palace and every attraction by just walking. But if you want really quiet place for sleeping, I couldn't advise to you this hostel. When I slept in here, Outside was really noisy even I couldnt open the window.

Alvaro Residencia was a great hostel! It was an actual home with a few bedrooms! The staff was great, but they don't speak much english. Wifi was everywhere throughout the hostel! The location is perfect, really close to the metro and a 4 minute walk to Puerta Del Sol. The security was great, they give you three keys, one for each door you have to get in. The beds were comfortable, great after coming back from a long day! They clean the rooms, bathroom and kitchen very often, super clean.

Small Hostel but the rooms are quite spacious. Its more like a shared flat and I guess the owners live in the same place.. but the atmosphere is ok and its really in the very center ...

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Very central location. Large, comfortable room, which was clean and included bedding and towels. Owners were very friendly and helpful. Overall, excellent value for money, and a nice place to stay.

• 28th Oct 2014

Nice place with great location. The family who runs the place live there so the kitchen is shared with them.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Very cozy, low-key hostel. Ideal for families and couples. Super clean place. Good beds, good showers, good wifi signal.

The management staff were very friendly, even motherly. I felt I was at home, greeted by my mother. Thank you, so much for everything Adoracion "Dory" Alvaro. I arrived at 12:45 midnight and Dory was there to greet me. I was so embarrassed because I could not send her an email as to the train ticket I bought, the last trip from Barcelona to Madrid, as the wifi in the lodging I had in Barcelona, where I attended a conference, was not functioning.

• 27th Sep 2014