Alvear Hostel Reviews

Alvear 158, Cordoba, Argentina

Nice enough hostel, great staff but bathrooms could be better

Staff were no help when we asked about things to do, visiting the nearby rivers and lakes, places to eat. Breakfast was one of the worst we had in South America. However the wifi was very fast, as were the three computers. Showers were super hot and super powerful. Beds were comfy. Good place for a few nights.

Very wet weather at the time of my stay and the hostel was cold with doors and windows left open all the time. No information on things to do in the area was provided and staff took little interest. Breakfast was poor. Standard lock does not fit lockers and nothing else is provided. Not overly clean.

Location is perfect!Staff very kind and helpful!Hostel by itself is a bit crappy,uncomfortable dormitory beds,not enough chairs,air condition is weak.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in during my trip in South America! The staff are extremely friendly and eager to help with anything and were more than happy to store my luggage for me even though I arrived several hours early. The hostel is beautiful and I loved all of the murals. Definitely recommend!

Lockers are too small but the rest was great!

Spacious and clean, but the washrooms, although generally clean, are very primitive for the year 2015. Its been a while since I have experienced the pleasure of showering in a toilet! Wi-Fi was generally poor, but did have good connection occasionally! Close to the centre, and eight blocks from the market.

Strange start when I had to sleep on the sofa on arrival, then put in a room with 2 elderly men who I think live there. Uncomfortable as a solo female, asked to move but told no room. Later friends in a dorm said there were 4 free beds, so I finally moved. After that staff were very helpful and friendly. Good location, simple breakfast, great sun-trap rooftop to sip a beer and meet others. Large lockers. Very good internet connection on very new PCs. Negatives, never any toilet paper...

This may be a good hostel for those who are staying in a dorm, but the private room I had was tiny and dark. it was very hot when i was there, as it was summertime. The breafkast room could use a fan. The internet service was intermittent. The staff was helpful and friendly.

Set in a beautiful and spacious building, it's a family run hostel. The staff are nice and helpful. The dorms are spacious and have lockers for your belongings. Decent kitchen to cook in. Only disappointing thing is breakfast, which could be improved greatly by switching to real bread, not the sugar infused packaged biscuit bread. That would be a start, but just my opinion. Other than that, it's a decent hostel with a good location to the rest of the city. Would recommend staying.

Located within walking distance of a nimber of the main areas this hostel was fine for our short stay in Buenos Aires. We had room keys and lockers and the main hostel door is opened by staff so the place was really secure. There is a supermarket nearby though the kitchen was dirty so expect to wash everything before you use it. Good common areas though.

We were treated well and very much enjoyed our stay. Many thanks!

Helpful staff, nice hostel, kitchen a bit basic and not sooo very well equipped, but all essentials there.

• 27th Nov 2014