Amar Niwas Guesthouse Reviews

507,singh pole marg, Navchowkiya, Jodhpur, India

The owner is very friendly, but the place is shabby and the dirt as old as the house. They charge for Internet and even in India and for a cheap guest house it cannot be so difficult to provide a pillow case, a clean mat, dust the extremely poor furniture, wash the blankets or sweep the floor once in a month. We were planning to spend a whole day more in Jodhpur but because of the ugliness of the place decided to take the (very) early morning train. After a month, worst place in India so far.

This is really just like staying in the family's house, which is excellent if you want homecooked meals and a homely vibe. Note there is no hot water.

I arrived at Amar Niwas late in the evening and he was friendly and talked with me He had a full menu cooked me a decent meal. I seemed to be the only person at the guesthouse when I arrived, which I was not so happy about as a solo traveler. He charged for wifi and seemed to harbor some hostility toward the guests based on their desire for free wifi. I didn't actually stay that night and went to Yogi's guesthouse. Yogi's was amazing! Go there for a great stay in Jodhpur. You won't regret it.

• 6th Nov 2013