Amaryl City-Hotel am Kurfürstendamm Reviews

Lietzenburger Str. 76, Berlin, Center, Charlottenburg, Ku'Damm, Berlin, Germany

Das Hotel ist extrem hellhörig, die Fußböden wippen leider bei jedem Schritt mit und manchmal hat man Angst, dass irgendwas einstürzt. Das Personal ist teilweise etwas unheimlich, das Frühstück eher sporadisch. In meinem Zimmer ging weder das Leselicht noch der Fernseher. Dafür war es sehr sauber. Ich habe während eines Messeeinsatzes dort übernachtet und naja, dafür ist das Hotel nicht geeignet, habe kaum ein Auge zugemacht.

• 3rd Sep 2014

If you are scared of the dark and want to make the most of your Berlin trip, this is the place for you, as you will not want to come back to the dim lit rooms and antique hallways before sunlight. Hence you can enjoy berlin to the fullest, the dusty odor of the Western German era and the soviet friendliness of staff definitely will not chain you to your room. Despite all this and its look that resembles a gambling casino/strip club, overall my stay was OK and the location is quite central.

• 8th Aug 2014

The check in was a mess and the staff was in a very bad mood. The wifi that they said was free, cost 1 euro/ hour. But the worst thing was when we came home at night and the night staff let my four travel partners in without no ID-check and then won't let me in because he takes me for a prostitute. Never been that bad treated in my hole life. Don't support this bad palace!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The staff was unfriendly when it came up to solve a problem. The hotel doesn't offer free wifi, unless you book online, but by "Hostelworld" they don't consider online, "online" for them means "on our website". I paid 6€ for 6 hours of lame internet, it was a struggle. The breakfast isn't that special, and regarding bread, there's only bread rolls, atypical for a German hotel. I believe I paid for a hotel, but I felt like I was in a bad quality hostel. I would never recommend it.