Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers Reviews

10 Kloofnek Road, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

Walking distance to Long Street, but much quieter than staying directly in Long Street. Dorms as well as kitchen and other common rooms were very clean. Friendly staff and especially nice fellow travellers!

Amber Tree Lodge is a really nice and comfortable place, with a very kind staff We felt at home from the first moment. The free breakfast is tasty and the kitchen is well equipped to prepare your own meal. But there are also a lot of restaurants nearby. Although the lodge is situated in a quiet street, plenty of places are within walking distance. So, highly recommended!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

Friendliest staff in cape town. Great value for money. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the place and the facilities available. I will definitely come back

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Angola

I have stayed in hostels all over SA and this is by far the BEST one! AmberTree has such a homey relaxed Vibe, the dorms are lovely, clean, comfortable, the toilets and showers are great, clear, hot water etc. The kitchen has all manner of facilities you would require and the main living area is cosy with TV, international charger ports and big comfy sofas to chill out on. The hostel has very good security and there is someone at reception 24/7.

Very helpful with signups for tours. Staff was very friendly. Clean facilities, hot showers and strong wifi

• 27th Jul 2015

Lovely view from balcony Good safe location, excellent security, really good restaurants nearby - try Vevo Telo for breakfast/ lunch at the bottom of the hill. xcellent twin room, high ceiling, lots of space. Only hostel we stayed in that is properly lit during the usual blackouts - they had lights/ candles in bathrooms, stairs, everywhere. Very nicely laid out

Friendly staff, clean place, good location, what more could you ask for. Best hostel I have stayed in.

The facilities and location are fantastic, but if you don't pay cash they charge you a 4%. I didn't know that and I got a bit upset because I didn't see it at the hostelworld webpage.

Everything is fine. You can go long st by walk. It takes just 5 minutes. If you want to stay calm in hostel, this one will be perfect! But if you want to enjoy party in hostel, take another one. But you know you can enjoy a night at long street! : )

Good staff, good place and wonderful location

One of the bests hostel I've stayed. The atmosphere is very friendly and room very clean. Wayne, Jo and Stephen were very helpful and friendly. I really recommend.

Problems with parking. Only 3 small parking lots for the whole hostel!

Amber Tree Lodge was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Well stocked kitchen, nice lounge area and friendly staff. The only negative was the toilets smelled strongly of urine for the few days I was there.

What can I say. The Amber Tree Lodge is a golden gem of a packpackers! Stephen, Wayne and Jo have been wonderful hosts, and are never short of ideas or local advice to make sure we made the most of the local restaurants and great attractions which are all mostly within walking distance of the hostel. Amber Tree is a great way to see Cape Town, and is perfectly ideal if you like a quite nights sleep but also plenty of fun within miunets of your front door. Look no further, Amber Tree is awesome!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Just loved the place nice and relaxing and a great breakfast

I absolutely loved my stay here! Friendly staff, clean rooms, safe location... My only regret - not staying here for my first night.

• 24th Mar 2015

Amazing view of the Table Mountain on the second floor. Location is also a plus with a lot to do around and in a safe area. Could do with a power point for the top bunk bed though.

The hostel was really lovely. The atmosphere was nice. My only downside was that the dorm was tiny. It was hard to even find a place to put your bag! Other than that it was great. Very clean, the staff were helpful and it was pretty cheap.