Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers Reviews

10 Kloofnek Road, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

we really enjoyed our stay and would gladly come back.

Great hostel with friendly and very helpful staff. Quiet hostel but close to tons of great restaurants and the city's bar hot spot.

felt like home! merci robert et steven :)

• 1st Mar 2014

Steve, Wayne, and the rest of the staff were great. Steve definitely had the right idea for me to go on the city sightseeing bus tour (double decker buses), since it's a good way to get orientated. What you se is what you get, a great place.

Security was great with electronic pass to get through gate and front door, then key for room which lockers. Located 15min walk to city and other way to lions head and table mountain. Bus stop out front to city, waterfront and camps bay. Staff really friendly and helpful with all tips. Showers great and strong wifi. Free breaky is ok but kitchen has everything you need. Very modern and clean. Laundry around the corner for 25zar!! Best hostel in South Africa. tip: book robben island in advance!!

Very nice located in a safe area! Would have loved to stay longer!

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a lovely stay in the Amber Tree Lodge ! Beautiful view, perfect location and the staff was very helpful !

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

some of the most friendly staff i ever met, keep that atmosphere! nice facilities and perfect location. One little critique could be the noise of the ventilator (withouth it would be too hot). Dont know if there are any, which are more quiet. Though, as there is certainly one snoring person in a 6 beds room you should not forget your earplugs :-)

• 15th Jan 2014

Great hostel with fascinating people. It's not a party hostel but people have a good time. The staff is friendly and helpful. The kitchen is excellent and the beds are comfortable. However, there's practically nowhere where you can plug in your electronics in the bathrooms. Also, it's right in front of a safe bus stop but there's no clear instructions on their website on how to easily take the excellent MyCiti bus from the airport to the hostel. I took an expensive cab for no reason.

everything was great loved it !!!

I really enjoyed my stay at Amber Tree Lodge, Steve and Wayne are awesome, help wherever they can and always have a nice restaurant in mind for dinner. Everything is nice and clean, kitchen is awesomely equipped and the beds are very comfy! Would come back for sure :)

Had a great time in Cape Town, mainly due to the friendly and helpful staff (Wayne) from Amber Tree! Very clean and organized, cozy and fun! Amazing garden at the back, where you can go for a dinner, drink, or even have your breakfast there! Really good beds (the best that I've ever seen in a Hostel in my entire life!). Very good location, with restaurants, bars and shops everywhere! Highly recommended!!!

Really nice hostel! And really helpful people. I wish I could stay there longer. Eventhough it might not be a party hostel, I met a lot of people there with whom I spent a lot of time and went partying!

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Free breakfast and it is extremely clean. I would love to stay here again on my next visit to SA. Highly recommended!

Was here for Christmas. Very nice place, and super friendly host. Loved the little house, with this welcoming backyard. Will recommend it to anyone.

Great place, smallish room but high to the ceiling. Breakfast included, great staff attitude and great location.

It would be nice if they add some fruits and yogurts to the breakfast.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

EXACTLY what we needed - thanks!

• 30th Nov 2013

We had a great stay at Amber Tree Lodge and came back for our last night in Cape Town as well. The staff is super friendly, helpful, the kitchen area is great and you can have your breakfast outside! :)

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. It feels more than beeing at home than beeing in a hostel. Very nice staff, very clean, very safe and beautiful facilities.

← Back to search results