Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers Reviews

10 Kloofnek Road, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you to Steve and all the staff for making us feel at home, we met some great people and had an awesome time in Cape Town. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• 14th Aug 2014

We were a couple traveling together and definitely enjoyed our stay. A nice atmosphere in the hostel where we could meet and have good conversations with like-minded travelers.

• 8th Aug 2014

I lodged 19 nights at ATL, Aug 2014 Excellent facilities, well-kept and clean. I would place it in the top 10 of all hostels I have lodged in on four continents. Some minor concerns: showers would occasionally run out of hot water in the first minute; the WiFi could be clunky slow at times and several nights none of my 3 devices could connect to the WiFi, and the flimsy lock clasps on the dorm lockers should be replaced for something more durable. But all in all this is as good as it gets.

Excellent!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • China

Wayne and Jo were wonderful hosts, who were always extremely helpful. The hostel is in an excellent location - the bus stop down the block can take you either into town or to the ocean. Or you can walk 5 mins to shops/restaurants etc. The facilities are great - always tidy, with both indoor and outdoor seating. The only downside: The breakfast is fairly meager. I wish I had 'topped up' by buying fruit, cheese, yogurt etc from Woolies and used their ample fridge and cupboard facilities.

In a few words Amber Tree is a perfect place to stay in Cape Town. We adored it!

Best Hostel ever !!!!

Joe is nice and alway would like to introduce details friendly if we have some questions, in meanwhile location is vet close to My CITI bus station

As I could not extend my stay in another hostel, I decided to change to Amber Tree Lodge - and regretted not to have moved earlier! The hostel is cozy, offers only a bunch of beds and therewith a really friendly atmosphere. An amazing nice coach area invites you to chill out and meet the other guests. The staff is not only super friendly and helpful but also from Cape Town / South Africa and therefore definitely knows what is going on in the city. Best location! Always want to come back!

Excellent staff-Joanne, Steve, Wayne,and Denzel..thank you all for a fun and comfy stay! Super-comfy beds, lounge area, and upper balcony (with stunning views of Table Mountain). The hostel is within walking distance to Long Street, bar, restaurants, cafes, etc. Your best bet in Cape Town. But please be careful not to hit the orange tree when driving in to the fromt driveway...In 6 years time it will be a tunnel according to Steve (inside joke;))! Thanks again guys .

Perfect location very near to longstreet and close to the lionshead trail. warm welcome and clean and comfortable rooms. The abdolut highlight is the garden where you can sit and relanx under the tree and plan your next adventures.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

This is a really really great place. I stayed in the twin room which was really large with a large private bathroom and all modern and very clean. It's in a brilliant area too.

Fantastic place to stay in Cape Town! Right off Long Street, so plenty of food and drinks are within a 5 minute walk. Steve was a fantastic host and helped us make all our necessary reservations for activities, and he is extremely knowledgeable of the area and provides great insights on what to do during your stay. Free WiFi was also a small but very handy perk. Would be hard pressed to find a better accommodation anywhere, especially for the price!

Stephen, Wayne and all the others were very friendly and helpful at all times. The hostel is located in a pleasant and safe area. There are also plenty services and restaurants in the vicinity. It is close to Long Street, however not in the middle of the noisy area, which is brilliant. They have got lockers, a storage room, free wi-fi and breakfast is included. Dorms and bathroom were fairly clean too. It's got a chilled vibe, with sociable guests but not a party hostel. Very good value for $.

We enjoyed our stay here - nice lounge area to relax with fellow travellers and well equipped kitchen. Breakfast included and good. We walked from here to waterfront in 30mins. Plenty of good restaurants in the area. We stayed in a double room which was comfortable, but quite cold, though the owner did give us a heater when we asked.

This place changed my mind about hostels! Steve, Wayne & Jo were so helpful, the dorms and bathroom were super clean and tidy and the whole atmosphere was so friendly and relaxed. I recommended Amber Tree to everyone I met on the Baz Bus who was headed to Cape Town.

• 28th May 2014

Great location, breakfast is cereal and bread/toast, it's not far from table mountain and the staff are really helpful! It's cheap too!!

Hands down the best hostel we've been to. Will be my go-to hostel when I come back to Cape Town.

We had an excellent stay and would highly recommend!

Great place, awesome staff.

← Back to search results