Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers Reviews

10 Kloofnek Road, Tamboerskloof, Cape Town, South Africa

Friendliest staff in cape town. Great value for money. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the place and the facilities available. I will definitely come back

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Angola

Very helpful with signups for tours. Staff was very friendly. Clean facilities, hot showers and strong wifi

• 27th Jul 2015

Friendly staff, clean place, good location, what more could you ask for. Best hostel I have stayed in.

The facilities and location are fantastic, but if you don't pay cash they charge you a 4%. I didn't know that and I got a bit upset because I didn't see it at the hostelworld webpage.

Everything is fine. You can go long st by walk. It takes just 5 minutes. If you want to stay calm in hostel, this one will be perfect! But if you want to enjoy party in hostel, take another one. But you know you can enjoy a night at long street! : )

Good staff, good place and wonderful location

One of the bests hostel I've stayed. The atmosphere is very friendly and room very clean. Wayne, Jo and Stephen were very helpful and friendly. I really recommend.

Problems with parking. Only 3 small parking lots for the whole hostel!

Amber Tree Lodge was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Well stocked kitchen, nice lounge area and friendly staff. The only negative was the toilets smelled strongly of urine for the few days I was there.

What can I say. The Amber Tree Lodge is a golden gem of a packpackers! Stephen, Wayne and Jo have been wonderful hosts, and are never short of ideas or local advice to make sure we made the most of the local restaurants and great attractions which are all mostly within walking distance of the hostel. Amber Tree is a great way to see Cape Town, and is perfectly ideal if you like a quite nights sleep but also plenty of fun within miunets of your front door. Look no further, Amber Tree is awesome!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Just loved the place nice and relaxing and a great breakfast

I absolutely loved my stay here! Friendly staff, clean rooms, safe location... My only regret - not staying here for my first night.

• 24th Mar 2015

Amazing view of the Table Mountain on the second floor. Location is also a plus with a lot to do around and in a safe area. Could do with a power point for the top bunk bed though.

The hostel was really lovely. The atmosphere was nice. My only downside was that the dorm was tiny. It was hard to even find a place to put your bag! Other than that it was great. Very clean, the staff were helpful and it was pretty cheap.

Excellent hostel with a superb and dedicated staff, good location and great atmosphere.

Amazing, best hostel ever! Super clean and friendly staff. The owner is fantastic, super friendly! Great balcony with hammock and beautifully decorated. Perfect location as well.

Excellent stay with welcoming staff. Location close to Table Mtn. along with numerous pubs and restaurants. Gated for those with car rental.

Although this hostel delivered pretty much on everything (great staff, location etc.), for us it lacked an atmosphere of a typical hostel as there was almost no one handing out in the common areas hence we didn't get to know other people. Apart from that - great place to stay to explore the city

a great place. Not maybe the best i ever stayed but surely in the top ten. the dorms are really cool even if the upper bunks don't havd the same "facilities" as the lower decks. I suggest you add some more storage, hangers to the upper beds too and plugs too maybe. Good stuff, fair breakfast and awesome shower. lovely communal areas with strong wifi everywhere.

Probably the best value for money you can get in cape town. Staying here felt like home. I'm not surprised they are booked out early. Definitely recommend this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7