Ambrosiana Hotel Reviews

Via Plinio 22, Milan, Italy

Amazing location and really friendly staff! Loved Milan, at this place was close enough to allow me to explore the whole city! Only problem was bathroom was old and not very nice.

No hot water for showers :( Hard to find, have to go up to the first floor to enter. Place was clean and had won shower, but again, freezing water is not good. Worked fine for a one night stay, but location wasn't good, long walk to metro.

Dont know as i didnt stay there ! After travelling 3 hours from nice and lugging our suitcases upstairs they didnt have a booking fir us!!!!! Pretty disappointed!!!

The Ambrosia Hotel was a very good choice for our needed. At first, we were intent to stay just for 1 night but at the end we stayed for 4. All employees were so friendly and regardful with us, specially because we changed the booking just there. The location is great, 10 minutes walking to Milano Centrale Station and close to the main avenues of the city. The breakfast was not the best.

• 29th Sep 2014

Great staff but unfortunately the walls in our room were moled. Also in our bathroom. However, very friendly staff.

we stayed for two nights and a very nice hotel, about five minute to Lima underground station, the hotel was clean friendly staff and a good breakfast in the morning.

Had a second helping of the Rice bubbles for breakfast and was rudely told off by the staff. Did not know there was a rationing breakfast?. First encounter of this sort. Grateful to the staff for helping out on our luggage padlock. Thank you.

Good hostel located close to the train station. We stayed in the closest room to the desk, which I don't recommend since the window opens up to the terrace outside. We had to wake up early to catch a train, and there was a group of travelers talking right outside of our window. However, after I asked, the desk staff was extremely helpful and asked the people to leave. I just wish it hadn't been necessary to ask in the first place. Otherwise the facilities were clean and nice.

We spent one night at this hotel. It was a good stay but for people who stay in the same room and are not couples its a bit of an embarrassment since the shower is made of transparent glass so when one has to shower the other has to leave the room. The second thing we didn't like was the breakfast area that could have a look into the rooms that were on that side, We had to carry our own bags up to the first floor since there is no elevator. The service and reception desk is really good.

Only stayed one night out of two. In double room with sink, bidet and a tragic view of the Metro line outside. The view could have been overlooked but the mouldy water stain on the ceiling (a metre in diameter) was unpleasant. Our room was next to reception, and with a bell and buzzer required to enter the hostel, the noise was unpleasant. Owners, maybe try opening the door after they buzz into the building before they ring the (louder bell) for the 24hr reception? Better value elsewhere.

I would guess this is the most convenient down-town located hostel in Genova? The owners were all very helpful to offer me tips of where to visit, how to tour around through the alleys and where to dine with 10% discount from one of the owners! Great food at the market about 10 minute-walk from the hostel. I would say I would definitely stay here again if I visit Genova in the future! Thanks again you all nice people, Beta, Matteo and Lucas (Hope I spell them all correct? :P)!

Ambrosiana was fine, nothing special but was great for one night in Milan. Only thing was that the shower was in the bedroom, so it's a little awkward if you're traveling with people because it's see-through.

Was ok but nothing special - called a hotel but facilities were basic (I generally got better quality beds in hostels). Staff were nice.

The location is good , the hotel is old , small water for shower . The staffs are very kind , friendly , helpful , I want to thank all of them to get my suitcase back which airline lost it . Thanks again !

Good place to stay in, good value for money. Located close by the main station, in a nice area... accessible to the city center via Lima station (few steps away) or by 20-25 min walk! Only negative point: very weak breakfast. Staff very welcoming, friendly and available 24/7!!! would def recommend it!!! :)

Lovely place, hidden in a patio, to be recommanded!

Room is awesome. We stayed for 2 nights. The owner and the staff are very nice and helping. We booked a shared toilet apartment however a sink and shower were there in the room. The location is very nice as it is just 2-3 min walk from red line (all important tourist attractions fall on this line) station Lima. Also bus no 60 from main station leaves you on the door of the apartment. The breakfast was good but the utensils in the kitchen were not sufficient.

The directions to find it are horrible so we just cabbed. It was like a 5 euro can ride. Kind of far from the main area but very easy to get to with metro. Overall it was very okay.

This was a great place to stay in Milan. We walked everyday to the city center, you have a metro station very close but we didn't used it. The staff was super nice and friendly. We were two guests and we stayed in a two bed ensuite, the shower was a little small but everything was nice and clean. The breakfast includes a good italian coffee, some cake and toasts and you can have it in a nice terrace. Around the block there a few good pizza places, and a shopping street.

No complaints this place is amazingly located to everything. I want to visit again and maybe stay in this city longer that 12 days.

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts