Ambrosiana Hotel Reviews

Via Plinio 22, Milan, Italy

everything wos great! nice breakfast included, quiet, safe place, tv, small cosy kitchen on corridor. The only thing that spoiled my holiday wos broken air condition. It wos really hot and it wos difficult to fall asleep without air condition.

The breakfast was really appreciated. Umberto was an amazing employee!!!! Grazie!

Great hostel! The room is very clean and comfortable! The location is perfect! Would definitely come back!

Shower facilities cramped

Just 15-20 min on foot from the train station (Milano Centrale), very nice staff. My room was spacious and contained among others a shower, a washbasin, a TV set and a big comfortable bed. I was offered a cup of tea free of charge on arrival and another one at 4 a.m. (!), when I departed. Unfortunately, there's no elevator.

Pros: - staff - location - breakfast - wifi - comfy bed Cons: - thin walls, I got woken up by somebody else's alarm - a little dirty

We've stayed there one week in a couple room with shared bathroom. It is fair enough for those who want a private room and not paying expensive for it, in a good location. They have a simple breakfast, but a complete kitchen you can use, so you can cook if you want or leave something in the fridge. The internet is ok, except in the evening, that becames very slow. Sharing a bathroom is ok too, and there's a place to take a shower inside the room.

it was cold in the room the first night, but much better the second. the WiFi signal was strong, but the speed was almost too slow for checking email and loading maps. otherwise, the place and especially the staff were great. super friendly.

- The shower room inside the 3-bed Ensuite brought fungi on the ceiling - The crew spoke little English and charged wrong amount of the city tax - The leaking faucet made noise whole night long - The heater-on bedroom was chilly despite additionally putting on our jackets

The hotel is fine to spend the night. Don't expect anything else, though. It is very basic and the rooms are very out-dated. However, they keep it pretty clean. We didn't want to spend too much money so for us it was fine. Just keep your expectations low, and you should be fine.

Context: 2 nights, double room How to find: not that easy, it's in a backyard and you have to ring on the front porch, public transportation 5 min away Reception: Very efficient and fast, good tips Room: Looks improvised, quite improvised plumbing, but we had an ensuite shower which was nice. Some mould on the walls though. Bed/Sleep: Very good, not alot of noise around Breakfast: Included and really basic, but can't complain for hostel standards Wifi: Included, quite slow Checkout: Very good

This place is not in a safe area in Milan. It was not easily accessible and not near the city center. The place was small and clean but not what I would expect from a Hostel that is 25 euro a night. It smelled terrible and the showers were extremely dirty. I felt very unsafe there and would have never chosen to stay there after seeing the place. It is cramped and old.

• 22nd Oct 2014

Amazing location and really friendly staff! Loved Milan, at this place was close enough to allow me to explore the whole city! Only problem was bathroom was old and not very nice.

No hot water for showers :( Hard to find, have to go up to the first floor to enter. Place was clean and had won shower, but again, freezing water is not good. Worked fine for a one night stay, but location wasn't good, long walk to metro.

Dont know as i didnt stay there ! After travelling 3 hours from nice and lugging our suitcases upstairs they didnt have a booking fir us!!!!! Pretty disappointed!!!

The Ambrosia Hotel was a very good choice for our needed. At first, we were intent to stay just for 1 night but at the end we stayed for 4. All employees were so friendly and regardful with us, specially because we changed the booking just there. The location is great, 10 minutes walking to Milano Centrale Station and close to the main avenues of the city. The breakfast was not the best.

This place did not feel like a hostel that much, but I had my own room so I couldn't really say ... my bathroom smelled terrible, and the facilities were pretty outdated. However, it was easy to reach from the train station. There was a balcony where you could eat breakfast. I would probably try to find a better place to go to in Milan. Overall, it was ok for a short stay.

Great staff but unfortunately the walls in our room were moled. Also in our bathroom. However, very friendly staff.

we stayed for two nights and a very nice hotel, about five minute to Lima underground station, the hotel was clean friendly staff and a good breakfast in the morning.

Had a second helping of the Rice bubbles for breakfast and was rudely told off by the staff. Did not know there was a rationing breakfast?. First encounter of this sort. Grateful to the staff for helping out on our luggage padlock. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7