America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

The wifi wasnt working properly, intermitent on all days I were there. The staff and the atmosphere are excelent.

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and would definitely recommend staying here if you are visiting el calafate. The heated floors are a novelty and the views from the hostel are quite nice.

Love the staff! Thank you for the wonderful experience.

• 2nd Sep 2014

The hostel was really nice, the atmosphere despite being low season was friendly the room including the bathroom was clean and the staff knew there guests by name and introduced themselves.

This was a great hostel. Cool vibe and awesome communal areas. The breakfast was delicious and extensive! The best I've had in Argentina. Only downsides were music from common areas carried into our room starting early in the morning and continuing until late at night (since our room was near the common area). I would recommend asking for a room further away from the common area. Also, pretty sure there were bedbugs...we left with 100+ bites.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Clean, comfortable, plenty of hot water, and the staff are awesome and help you with everything. If you're coming to El Calafate you must stay here.

Good hostel very helpful staff, clean rooms and small dorms

Overall was a good hostel, although the kitchen is very small and is a mess.. The fridge also wasn't cleaned while I was there, Most of the staff are very good and helpful except for German who has an attitude problem.. There's great views from the hostel and is in a good location👍

This was my favourite hostel in South America so far, I have been travelling for 2 months. Good breaky, very warm in the hostel and good wifi compared to others in South America. Staff was good, expect for one guy who had dreadlocks coming out of the back of his head. He ripped us off, don't deal with that guy. But everyone els who worked there was great, especially the one who plays the ukulele!

We really liked the hostel and would recommend it! It's located a short walk away from town, but thats no problem. The breakfast is very good and the bathrooms and dorms seem to be very new. The only thing that we didnt like so much, was the smell of food in the common area because the kitchen is very small. Maybe you should think about better ventilation.

It was great!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Loved the cheerful smiles of guys working at the reception desk. They were very helpful with first day orientation and tips, and the hostel itself was awesome. Good atmosphere. Quiet at night time. Great music list played, btw. Great view from the room, and nice facilities in the room and in common areas. Thank you for making our stay so wonderful.

Amazing hostel!! Really clean and breakfast was good, but the best thing about the hostel was definitely the staff! They were so knowledgeable and helpful! The underfloor heating is definitely a bonus too!

Very nice place to stay, very close to the centre, good staff and very clean place.

The heated floors are amazing. Had a bus at 3am and the hostel staff let me just chill in the common area until then, even though I had checked out that morning. Good breakfast. Can also book bus tickets here. Overall really great, would definitely recommend

Friendly staff..great atmosphere..best hostel inour one month long south america trip

Super cool and helpful staff! definitely a really great place to stay, with nice view, good rooms and cool breakfast!

The staff were some of the most helpful I have found. Always ready with information or to book tours.

would recommend to you. it is a nice hostel with good hot water, WIFI is ok, clean and you can meet friends there, besides important even there are quite good meeting area, you can still have a nice sleep as it is quiet which is important. staff is quick on answering emails, but for updated and details info, it is better you also check with the final operator to ensure everything is correct.

We had a beautiful time in America del Sur - El Calafate. I would recommend every travel to come and enjoy the peaceful, friendly and international atmosphere in this hostel. Not to forget the astonishing view from the Hostels meeting room. Staff was not only very helpful and helped as book trips and gave recommendations but are also up for some chats and beers ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4