Superb 1,946 Total Reviews
Superb 1,946 Total Reviews
America del Sur Hostel Located at Calle Puerto Deseado 153, , El Calafate.
Argentina
El Calafate Santa Cruz 9405 Calle Puerto Deseado 153
91% 1946
-50.3336552 -72.2556370
    Rooms available

• darlen624
  • USA, All Female Group, 41+
20th Jul 2016

This Hostel has the most friendly and helpful staff! The building, room and bathroom were very clean and neat. They arranged for our tour of the Glacier, booked us a taxi to the airport at a discount and let us keep our things in a secured locked closet on the day of check out. I would highly recommend staying her.

• jeffreycschow5542
  • Hong Kong, Male, 41+
  • Globetrotter
18th Jul 2016

Wonderful stay. The reception speaks perfect English.

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Jul 2016

Great hostel! Sooo warm thanks to the floor heating. Restaurant within the hostel does asada every night. Loads of excursions to book from the hostel. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy! Only slight minus point is the location. It's a bit of a walk from town. Though this does mean that it has a great view out over the bay and its up on a slight hill.. I booked to stay in their BA hostel as I liked it so much (and got a 10% discount! ;))

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

Excellent view and lovely place to stay felt more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff were very helpful with our travel plans. Make sure you have a convo with the chef while you're here he's great!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
8th Jul 2016

This is honestly the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. I could not recommend the hostel enough. The staff was so accommodating when our flights were canceled and were so helpful with giving suggestions about tours and activities. The atmosphere is wonderful. There are so many travelers from all walks of life who stay here. The hostel is modern and extremely clean. The kitchen is a dream. My sheets were clean and my bed was made everyday. 10/10 would recommend!

7th Jul 2016

Absolutely loved staying here. I'm a 20-something backpacking, and I chose ADS by the raving suggestion of some friends. It felt like stepping into the coolest treehouse bungalow, with stellar breakfast, awesome staff (who were always eager to help plan activities around Patagonia and were extremely awesome with accommodating travelers who weren't able to fly out due to weather), and an easy way to make friends while staying there. The floors are heated, the water is hot, and I would stay again.

• Australia, Female, 41+
6th Jul 2016

This is a great hostel with excellent opportunities to meet people in the dining or sitting areas. Although it's a 10-15 minute walk to Centro there is a restaurant attached to the hostel that sells Argentine BBQ, pizzas, etc and has a bar. The breakfasts are fab and staff great. Nothing to complain about here.

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
3rd Jul 2016

Really fantastic place. Helpful staff and extremely clean. Breakfast was a good spread and the views are good. Totally recommended.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
19th Jun 2016

Couple Mid 20s. Great location, 5 minute walk to the main street. The staff are very attentive and have excellent English, they had several tours organised for us before we even arrived. Very warm lounge with a good set up to socialize.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Jun 2016
5.7

My experience here was not as expected considering it's been recommended in the lonely planet and is pretty pricey for a hostel. Negatives: staff, atmosphere (lack of), security. Positives: clean, great view, free breakfast. One of the staff members received an email from me explaining my dissatisfaction with the level of service and responsibility taken by them for my items being lost/stolen (private email- was ignored till my last day), said staff member verbally accosted me.

HI Priya! We appreciate getting feedback from our guests =). As everyone staying at a Hostel (anywhere in the world) for sure knows and understands, leaving your food in the guest's fridge has it risks. We are not responsible for other travelers that do not understand "backpacker codes" and feel like eating someone else's food (even if it was properly labeled) and we are sure that all travelers that choose to put their food inside a public access fridge will understand that. When you came to the reception saying that your food went missing (and directly accussing our cleaning staff =( ) we explained that this things can happen and that we were very sorry. We said we were sorry for what had happened to you, more than one time, my friend. We, by far, never accosted you. Safe travels!!