America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

The overall hostel was nice. It was clean and the common spaces were easy for meeting people. However, don't expect to get much sleep if you have a room in the first hallway, the music blasts until after midnight and starts up again around 7am. Other than helping me book my tour, I found the staff to be very rude and one was extemely disrespectful towards me for an error that was made by them. I also overheard then being rude and dismissive towards other guests. I would not stay here again

Everything was great EXCEPT, the staff need to have more information on the trips. Specifically, the trekking trips and TdP day trip. They were all very nice, but clueless on the excursions and not very willing to help figure it out. Helio (for ice trekking) and Always Glaciers (TdP trip) need to come in and train everyone in my opinion. I recommend everyone going direct until that happens.

This was the first hostel I have stayed in that felt genuinely homely. It was really cosy and a mix of all ages. Staff were really helpful. Beautiful setting.

Overall this was a really nice hostel. However, a few things really let it down. There are bed bugs in the Valle de la Luna room - I see that this has been mentioned before, but they haven't fixed the problem and are still letting people sleep in this bed. I got covered in bites, they should close the room until this issue has been fixed. The staff are all very friendly, but they don't always have the right information. Every question we asked we got some element of wrong info.

The staff were amazingly helpful. We needed assistance with a bus ticket and the staff went out of its way to accommodate us. The kitchen was extremely messy and both sinks were clogged when we wanted to cook our dinner. The WIFI was also very spotty. Some times it was excellent but most of the time it did not connect. Not ideal but a nice stay.

Great hostel with friendly staff

Extremely friendly staff who tried to help whenever they could. The place was so hot it felt like a greenhouse. We had been given the Casa which ment that we had to share an apartment in close vicinity with two other people. We were lucky and we got on well. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. The breakfast was very good. The hostel is huge and people did not really connect with each other...shame

Amazing staff welcomes you at the entrance. The view is incredible. Music is sometimes a little loud, especially in the morning. Otherwise, it's spot on. Good breakfast too. Small walk to downtown.

room valle de la luna, first bed on the left (bottom) has bed bugs! i know its not their fault and they paid for washing my clothing but they only changed the sheets and the next guy in this bed (i changed beds) had bed bugs, too. there were so many he could even film them... a part from being covered in bed bugs bites its a very nice hostel with a great view, good kitchen and cosy atmosphere.

really a great place with a marvelous view, walking distance from the center and excellent staff. Wifi works well, two computers available that also work well, breakfast is over-average. Highly recommendable. Only contra: not very flexible when it comes to change reservations (only allowed 48hrs in advance).

Nice, sociable hostel on walking distance from the city centre, supermarket (both approx. 10 minutes) and bus terminal (approx. 15 minutes). The living room has an amazing view over the Lago Argentina, which makes it a very good place to hang out. Especially the sunset is incredible from here. The only thing that could be better in my opinion is the shower: there is some hot water coming out, but you´ve to be patient.

Hello Jasper!...thank you very much for your review...we had a problem with one of the thermos that day....but we´ve just fixed it up. Sorry about that. Wish you the best!

Perhaps more kitchen appliances? But other than that, my stay was amazing and everything was so clean and beautiful and I would recommend it to everyone.

Can't say enough good things about this place, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff and a view that is killer! Looks out over the lake and is amazing at sunset. The hostel helped book my tours and buses from the front desk and even loaned me money due to none of the ATM's in Calafate taking visa debit. The hill from the bus stop to the hostel is a bit of a hike but when you see the view on a clear day geez it's worth it

This is a great hostel. The staff are amazing, the kitchen is great and the view od the city at breakfast time is breathtaking.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Clean and nice hostel with helpfull staff. They were really a big help when our transpher to the airport backed out on us and we needed a last minute solution at midnight.

• 7th Oct 2014

Nice place to spend few days!!! 10 min away from the city center, nice staff and good music!!!!

Staff were not very helpful, kept telling us different things that would completely contradict what other staff said. Breakfast was decent.

Wonderfull hostel!!! Ana is amazing!! Must stay in Ushuaia! The only thing that could get better is breakfast!

Good hostel, but the dorms feel like you're sleeping in a bathroom. Other than that it's a great stay with good breakfasts and plenty of things organised each day.

Great place to stay in El Calafate