America del Sur Hostel Reviews

Calle Puerto Deseado 153, El Calafate, Argentina

Overall, an excellent hostel to stay in El Calafate. Clean and comfortable. Staff are very knowledgeable about tourist information regarding the surrounding areas and are ever so willing to help. WIFI is only accessible in the social areas (which may be a good thing). Good breakfast options. A tad pricey but I think that applies to everywhere in Patagonia.

cool place, cool staff, great place to go...

The rooms are small, reasonably clean but very, very basic. The bed was very uncomfortable. The noise from other guests can keep you up till late in the night. Given the location (far from everything in town) and the price we paid, I would not recommend this hostel.

• 29th Nov 2014

Lovely hostel, great views over the lake, very help staff. Nice warm rooms (a little too warm one night actually). Interesting breakfast. My one complaint is that is was described as "near to the bus station" - I do not consider a 15 minute walk "near" It's not that I'm lazy, I think nothing of a 15 minute walk, but for me this hostel was literally just a place to sleep between buses - I arrived at midnight and left at 8am so the extra walk cut into my much needed limited sleep time.

• 24th Nov 2014

Great hostel with beautiful view! very friendly and helpful staff.

A lot of money for such a small room in the dorm. Positive is the big common area, but the location of the hostel is not that good. I would recommend choosing another hostel with better rates

The rooms are comfortable, beds and pillows very clean and make you sleep as you do at home. The location is not so close to the centre as they say, but the city is small and make eveything closer. Youy can buy all the day tours by the reception and it makes all easier.

Long walk from the bus station and the downtown area, loud music played all the time and staff usually helpful but sometimes difficult to talk to. The facilities are fine, it has a nice eating area and kitchen, and breakfast is good. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The place is pricey although this seems to be common at El Calafate.

Nice place with a very cool staff. I was so unlucky at this time....I forgot to paid after leaving but I could do it from El Chalten... When I came back my flight was cancelled and rescheduled at 2am.....they allowed me to stay, relax and leave my baggage if needed until my flight. I really appreciate !! The rest is great !! ps : 7min walking to city center. A great restaurant 1min from the hostel !

The overall hostel was nice. It was clean and the common spaces were easy for meeting people. However, don't expect to get much sleep if you have a room in the first hallway, the music blasts until after midnight and starts up again around 7am. Other than helping me book my tour, I found the staff to be very rude and one was extemely disrespectful towards me for an error that was made by them. I also overheard then being rude and dismissive towards other guests. I would not stay here again

Everything was great EXCEPT, the staff need to have more information on the trips. Specifically, the trekking trips and TdP day trip. They were all very nice, but clueless on the excursions and not very willing to help figure it out. Helio (for ice trekking) and Always Glaciers (TdP trip) need to come in and train everyone in my opinion. I recommend everyone going direct until that happens.

This was the first hostel I have stayed in that felt genuinely homely. It was really cosy and a mix of all ages. Staff were really helpful. Beautiful setting.

The staff were amazingly helpful. We needed assistance with a bus ticket and the staff went out of its way to accommodate us. The kitchen was extremely messy and both sinks were clogged when we wanted to cook our dinner. The WIFI was also very spotty. Some times it was excellent but most of the time it did not connect. Not ideal but a nice stay.

Great hostel with friendly staff

Extremely friendly staff who tried to help whenever they could. The place was so hot it felt like a greenhouse. We had been given the Casa which ment that we had to share an apartment in close vicinity with two other people. We were lucky and we got on well. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. The breakfast was very good. The hostel is huge and people did not really connect with each other...shame

Amazing staff welcomes you at the entrance. The view is incredible. Music is sometimes a little loud, especially in the morning. Otherwise, it's spot on. Good breakfast too. Small walk to downtown.

really a great place with a marvelous view, walking distance from the center and excellent staff. Wifi works well, two computers available that also work well, breakfast is over-average. Highly recommendable. Only contra: not very flexible when it comes to change reservations (only allowed 48hrs in advance).

Nice, sociable hostel on walking distance from the city centre, supermarket (both approx. 10 minutes) and bus terminal (approx. 15 minutes). The living room has an amazing view over the Lago Argentina, which makes it a very good place to hang out. Especially the sunset is incredible from here. The only thing that could be better in my opinion is the shower: there is some hot water coming out, but you´ve to be patient.

Hello Jasper!...thank you very much for your review...we had a problem with one of the thermos that day....but we´ve just fixed it up. Sorry about that. Wish you the best!

Perhaps more kitchen appliances? But other than that, my stay was amazing and everything was so clean and beautiful and I would recommend it to everyone.

Can't say enough good things about this place, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff and a view that is killer! Looks out over the lake and is amazing at sunset. The hostel helped book my tours and buses from the front desk and even loaned me money due to none of the ATM's in Calafate taking visa debit. The hill from the bus stop to the hostel is a bit of a hike but when you see the view on a clear day geez it's worth it

« first « Prev 1 2 3