American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

It was my first time to New York, I had an excellent time & stay at American Dream. I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in New York.

Great hostel, great interiors and quiet . I wish I could have stayer longer to explore the area. Thank you American Dream Hostel. I hope I can come back soon!!

Absolutely love this hostel. Favorite in all NYC. Clean and homey facilities; comfy and well maintained.

Feels very comfortable and home-like. You can tell the owners have put in a lot of time thinking of small homey touches. Good breakfast selection of food including toast and spreads, bagels, cereal and muffins/doughnuts. Great security. Shower was poor water pressure and hard to remain on one temperature - it kept changing hot to cold. Friendly staff who were more than happy to help

Awesome hostel - one of the best I've stayed in! Love the bed and breakfast feel, and staff friendly and helpful.. Very clean and awesome breakfast !!! Highly recommend and will come and stay again :)

• 28th Dec 2014

- very nice staff - great breakfast - nice interior - a bit expensive for no-daylight bunk bed rooms (okay for other rooms) - difficult to adjust right temperature in showers (used 3 different showers on all floors) - noisy heating in our first room

• 27th Dec 2014

First off, great location and within walking distance to two subway stops. Breakfast is excellent and the kitchen well-stocked. Staff are helpful. Rooms are small and do tend to be noisy but are clean and well-kept, you spend all day sight-seeing in new york anyway so a small room isn't much of an issue. The bathrooms were always clean and offer privacy. I stayed a week here and would come back if I was ever in new york again.

Friendly, helpful staff; clean rooms; great breakfast ; convenient location near bus & subway stops

Excelente lugar para dormir en Nueva York, la habitación estaba muy limpia, con toallas y lavamanos interno, TV, estuve en invierno y el clima excelente, no vi aire acondicionado para el verano pero quizá tienen una solución, tenía una ventana y estaba bien iluminada.

I loved ths hostel. Everything was very cleaned, the shared bathroom and shower were always in excellent state, the breakfast was amazing and the bed was very confortable. I'd definitely go back there.

• 15th Dec 2014

Good Hostel, but it seems more like a Hotel which is also an advantage. Small but clean room for 2. Ii was very noise, but I guess NY is VERY noise, just use some earplugs and it is OK. Shared bathroom clean and OK. Walking distance to Times square (30 to 35mins). Close to subway station. I would definitely recommend this hostel to other people.

The best hostel I ever stayed in

Nice location with a quiet atmosphere. But the bed is not that cozy compared to the price of it. Except that, everything was fine.

Great hostel and facilities wouldn't recommend if you want a social hostel

This hostel is truly lovely to stay in. It is super clean and the staff are really helpful! The FREE breakfast is amazing! The rooms are very clean and so are the toilets and bathrooms. I would definitely recommend this Hostel and would stay there again if I was in New York.

We stayed a week in the hostel and we really enjoyed it. Great location, great breakfasts, clean.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

The breakfast is amazing'

This is the second time i have stayed at The American Dream Hostel. The first time was great and now since the premise has been upgraded my stay was even better. On this journey I have also stayed in conventional hotels where the rooms have not been maintained as clean as do the cleaning staff at the ADH. Thank you Marcell for the great breakfasts and your courtesy.

Very good location and awesome breakfast! It is a pitty that wifi isn't available in the rooms though don't expect a party atmosphere the rooms are cold at night (we were there in november), it seems that there is no heating but you can ask for additional blankets Only one bathroom per floor... it is also a bit noisy especially if your window overlook on the street, so be prepared with earplugs

Stayed for 10 days. Very valuable for bucks as the location is superb; I love the cleanliness. You'll never get similar level of cleanliness in Europe. Staffed 24/7 so can easily check in late especially coming in late from Europe. Will defy stay again.

• 4th Nov 2014