American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

you guys are doing a great job, keep it up, no complaints.

• 27th Sep 2014

Fantastic

• 15th Sep 2014

The breakfast was excellent!! Location was alzó great, close to subways and many bus lines. The only thing is that they don't clean the rooms during your stay and unfortunately, our room had no sunlight at all.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

VERY CLEAN. GOOD BREACKFAST.KIND STAFF

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel is like home, very convinient, location is very good, near 3rd Avenue and shops and grocery stores. In my room it stank a little bit. But it was not a problem of a hotel. I liked breakfasts as well. So I recommend this hotel everyone.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Russia

... the hostel with the best breakfast I had in the states!

Woo! Loved this place. It was clean, well-located and just what we were hoping for. We had a private room with twin bunk beds, a sink, a tv and an air conditioner that turned the room into an icebox. (Awesome for the end of August heat and humidity!) The only quibble we had with the place (and this is a seriously minor issue) was that the showers were a bit bipolar: one moment, the water was scaldingly hot; the next it was freezing cold. Still... the showers worked and were clean. We'd stayagain

The AC in our room was painfully noisy, bunk bed very shaky

• 29th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great hostel with very friendly staff and very good breakfast. The only downside is that the towels looked dirty and the beds wasn't the best. But I would still definitely return.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I was staying in a hostel on my own for a week.Atmosphere was lovely and staff was friendly.It's a sharing bathroom per each floor but it was always clean and not occupied when needed. Breakfast was really nice.Lovely kitchen and big variety for a breakfast option. Also you meet people in the kitchen, which was quite nice. Had comfortable sleep and not noisy at all. When I was leaving, member of staff helped me out with my bags and catch taxi! Had very pleasant stay here! Would recommend!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Latvia

A great hostel in a brilliant location, central to most things that you want to see. Great facilities and very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Was great that I had a room to myself for this price with a sink, TV and desk. Was able to store my luggage too which really helped. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 20th Aug 2014

Since people who travel usually just need a room for sleeping and space for their stuff my biggest wish is that you lose the TV sets for more luggage/clothing space. I had to have my luggage in front of the bed and it got very crummy. Especially If I plan to bring a friend on my next trip to NY.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Its incredible when in the window in my room it was the wall of the neighbor building in a few centimeters

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Russia

I had a very good time being in the American Dream Hostel, It is a very confortable place to stay. Even though you have to share breakfast and bathroom, I never had any problem with that, and the people and staff are very nice.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

American Dream Hostel was clean and comfy. We stayed in a private twin which required a 2 person minimum with the bottom bunk being a full and top a twin but both were very comfy and equipped with ac so that was nice. The breakfast bar was nice. They had cereal, delicious pastries and cakes, coffee, juice and milk, boiled eggs, toast, and fresh fruit. It wasn't as bohemian hippy open as I'm used to in a hostel, but it was safe, clean, and comfy which I really appreciated. I would stay again. :)

• 6th Aug 2014

Very basic, clean and tidy. Good range of food for breakfast.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The breakfast is just great, well done.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Spain

The staff were very friendly and really helpful. The hostel was nice; it has a good vibe and look. All the areas were clean, at least they looked they were taken care of. Good breakfast. The bed was comfortable and clean as well. Location was great, close to subway station.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Guatemala

Really great location and the rooms were clean. The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was way better than in other hostels!

How wonderful to find a clean friendly oasis amidst the desert of astromical prices in the heart of NYC. I shall return.

• 21st Jul 2014