American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

Fantastic hostel! The location was perfect, everywhere in Manhattan was within walking distance. Room was sizeable and comfy, and the staff at the hostel provided a wide variety of breakfasts every morning!

Single person stay for 3 nights. Near 23st subway station. Clean. Friendly. Overall is really good .

I loved this hostel. everything was fine... i would make just some remarks: 1- to adjust the hot water from the bathroom - it's too hot or too cold. 2- to put something salty in the breakfast (i loved your breakfast) 3-to organize some activities, like free walking tours, dinners like pizza (which guests will pay for). furthermore everything was great, it's my new home in NYC, perry and fabi are so nice. and pucho, the cat, is too cute. thank you a lot

Very clean! Excellent location. Helpful, friendly staff. Stayed here with my 16 year old son...this hostel was a perfect choice. Will absolutely stay here agsin.

Exceptionally clean and well-kept facility. Super location. Loved the free breakfasts, snacks available through the day, and available refrigerator and microwave. Computers and printer easily accessed in pleasant common room. Comfortable and quiet. Prompt and clear replies to any emails zip sent to hostel inquiring about shuttles, etc. I stayed here with my sixteen year-old son. Highly recommend this place! Excellent value.

I stayed at American Dream Hostel for 10 days for my Easter break and love it! I travelled by myself this time so I'm more concerned with security. The area close by is safe and convenient. A lot of delis, drug stores, restaurants and shops are located nearby! I can grab a sandwich with just a few steps if I feel hungry at night! The hostel is clean and staff are helpful. I also enjoy the complimentary breakfast every morning where I can chit chat with other travellers!! Highly recommended :)

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

This is my second time staying here and enjoyed both times very much. The location is excellent, walking distance to many attractions, felt very safe and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My favorite part about this place is that I got to meet people from all over the world while sharing a meal (breakfast, which is included in the price!) I have met people from Spain, Argentina, Germany, Mexico, Denmark, Portugal, China, Chile and England!! I Highly recommend it!

• 30th Mar 2015

It was my first time to New York, I had an excellent time & stay at American Dream. I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in New York.

Great hostel, great interiors and quiet . I wish I could have stayer longer to explore the area. Thank you American Dream Hostel. I hope I can come back soon!!

Absolutely love this hostel. Favorite in all NYC. Clean and homey facilities; comfy and well maintained.

Feels very comfortable and home-like. You can tell the owners have put in a lot of time thinking of small homey touches. Good breakfast selection of food including toast and spreads, bagels, cereal and muffins/doughnuts. Great security. Shower was poor water pressure and hard to remain on one temperature - it kept changing hot to cold. Friendly staff who were more than happy to help

Awesome hostel - one of the best I've stayed in! Love the bed and breakfast feel, and staff friendly and helpful.. Very clean and awesome breakfast !!! Highly recommend and will come and stay again :)

• 28th Dec 2014

- very nice staff - great breakfast - nice interior - a bit expensive for no-daylight bunk bed rooms (okay for other rooms) - difficult to adjust right temperature in showers (used 3 different showers on all floors) - noisy heating in our first room

• 27th Dec 2014

First off, great location and within walking distance to two subway stops. Breakfast is excellent and the kitchen well-stocked. Staff are helpful. Rooms are small and do tend to be noisy but are clean and well-kept, you spend all day sight-seeing in new york anyway so a small room isn't much of an issue. The bathrooms were always clean and offer privacy. I stayed a week here and would come back if I was ever in new york again.

Friendly, helpful staff; clean rooms; great breakfast ; convenient location near bus & subway stops

Excelente lugar para dormir en Nueva York, la habitación estaba muy limpia, con toallas y lavamanos interno, TV, estuve en invierno y el clima excelente, no vi aire acondicionado para el verano pero quizá tienen una solución, tenía una ventana y estaba bien iluminada.

I loved ths hostel. Everything was very cleaned, the shared bathroom and shower were always in excellent state, the breakfast was amazing and the bed was very confortable. I'd definitely go back there.

• 15th Dec 2014

Good Hostel, but it seems more like a Hotel which is also an advantage. Small but clean room for 2. Ii was very noise, but I guess NY is VERY noise, just use some earplugs and it is OK. Shared bathroom clean and OK. Walking distance to Times square (30 to 35mins). Close to subway station. I would definitely recommend this hostel to other people.

The best hostel I ever stayed in

Nice location with a quiet atmosphere. But the bed is not that cozy compared to the price of it. Except that, everything was fine.