American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

Amazing value for money. Only stayed one night but it provided everything needed for myself and two 11 year old grand-sons. Excellent breakfast provided...easy-going place to stay...would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Loved the generous breakfast.

Amdre was a doll. When we left, he ran down the block to get us a cab while it was pouring rain. LOVED Amdre, rest of the staff was polite. They let us store our luggage before we were checked in (no locks for storage, just a closet at end of hallway). Location was good. Down the street from Madison Square Park, adorable. Very close to the subway, quick ride to Times Square. Rooms are small, surprise to people who aren't used to NYC. My mom and I felt safe and we would stay there again.

• 8th Jul 2015

This is one of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in. Such a great stay! It is a little pricey but that's the case for anything in New York, and here you get the extra bonus of amazing staff, the best breakfast ever and a homely feel. The lack of dorms might reduce the hostel vibe but that's made up for with the great hangout areas, like the kitchen which is like your own kitchen to use. Showers were fantastic, hot and good pressure. Loved my stay here!

See below.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Nice atmosphere, quiet and relaxed. Great location, very central and lots of food places close by. Always a member of staff at the desk to help. Clean room and bathroom. Could have done with a basic room cleaning service, even just to empty the bin, as I was there for 9 nights and could not find anywhere to dispose of rubbish bags myself. Good room facilities: great ac, tv, sink and wifi. Not a place for young travellers, but would still 100% recommend to anyone on a tourist break in nyc.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great breakfasts, nice room, wifi Works. Location good as subway station just around corner. Only tiny complaint is squeaky beds but that's something I could live with, that asides I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to my friends

good infrastructure and nice location but the staff was completely useless. They didn't even have a MAP. If you appreciate a hostel with a good staff that can give you some helpful tips, this is definitely NOT the place to be.

• 17th Jun 2015

My teenager daughters and I had a very comfortable stay. The facilities are clean . The breakfast is good with many surrounding amenities. No elevator for third floor guest. I would definitely stay again.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

I spent two nights here. It's fine. They could do with another shower room as there was only one on my floor. It's expensive too but this is NYC so it's to be expected I suppose. The breakfast spread is a big plus, as is the private single rooms. If I was in NY again, I'd happily return.

good hostel!! friendly staff!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Chile

very clean hostel. Friendly staff wish i had chosen this hostel for the earlier part of my trip in NY.

The only things to recommend this place are the location, price, and breakfast. Depending on ones intentions in New York those may be enough. The staff however were not very helpful, nor very alert.

• 13th Jun 2015

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was amazing. Great safe area in the city, facilities are good. Would stay there again. Will definitely recommend.

My staple for NYC. AC was a lifesaver in the summer heat. More a B&B than a hostel (more of a quiet atmosphere), but a great value one.

The lounge area can be made more comfortable.

Very close to the metro, very good value for money, staff was very good and helpful, but they were not very friendly

NYC is already the best city in the world to visit, but I had the most amazing experience with my staying at the American Dream. Location is absolutely amazing (3 blocks away from Madison Sq!!!). Staff made all the difference: I arrived at 10AM from Brazil after a loooong trip and they let me take a shower and breakfast. That not being enough, the girl managed to rearrange the rooms and I was able to actually check in before 2 PM. Also, I had to leave 1 day early and they refunded me the money.

• 7th Jun 2015

I loved my stay here! I would recommend this hostel 100 times :D

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We had a great experience at American Dream! We were pleasantly surprised how clean the bathrooms were, and how big the rooms were. Unlike a lot of other hostels where they nickel and dime you - 5 euros for breakfast, 2 euros to use a towel, 2 euros to store your luggage - everything was included in this hostel. The breakfast selection was fantastic! The staff was very nice, and the location was excellent. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you for a wonderful NYC experience.