American Dream Hostel

Fabulous 2026 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2026 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2017

Accommodation was very basic but clean and well looked after. Location was pretty Central and about 45min walk for either uptown or downtown. Service was always friendly and helpful, my only feedback would be for a solo travellor the atmosphere wasn't very good to meet other travellors, common areas were small and no real reason to stay in them. Would suggest some events or activities which may encourage people to interact. I would be happy to stay here again and would recommend to friends.

• China, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2017

Awesome breakfast, easy to get around with different subway stations nearby. AC in the room is loud but you can get ear plugs at reception and it's good. Pleasant stay!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
25th Jun 2017

It was a delightful stay in American Dream hostile. Rooms are clean, breakfast is yummy, staff are extremely friendly and helpful! Great location! 10/10 experience!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

Perfect accommodation for staying in New York! I don't have a bad thing to say about it! :)

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Jun 2017

I absolutely loved staying here! This place is in a great location and only a few blocks from Madison Square Garden and the metro. It was very clean and charming! The breakfast is off the charts, not to mention all the amazing people you get to meet and chat with from around the world! I was on week 2 of my travels and was able to do my laundry here also! If I return to NY, I would definitely stay here again! It is basically like a modern NY international B&B!

• USA, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

Me and my friend were looking for an affordable, clean, and (most importantly) safe place to stay and American Dream exceeded all of our expectations. The door has a pin-pad lock that only guests have the key to, which they gave us when we checked in. My friend and I returned very late to the hostel (around 11:30pm) and I felt safe walking back in that area at night. Also the room was small (we had a 2-bed private room), but very clean and was perfect for us! I would definitely stay again!

14th Jun 2017

Would definitely recommend. Quiet. Very Clean. Great beds! Provided towels, sheets, pillows with case. Several toilets and showers to choose from with hot water, and well maintained! Separate hallway sinks. Free Wi-Fi. Free Computer/printer available. Breakfast=fresh fruit, bagels, donuts, cereal, muffins, waffles, tarts, milk, orange juice, coffee, tea...was free and fabulous! Nice kitchen with frig and microwave. 2 blocks to metro. 24 hour desk. Stayed 4 nights in room w/TV and AC.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2017

Clean, safe and not far from the subway. So much choice at breakfast. Wifi worked great. Staff seemed friendly.

• USA, Female, 41+
12th Jun 2017

Nos quedamos 2 chicas por 3 dias. Nos dieron una habitacion privada bastante comoda. El desayuno es abundante habia de todo para comer. Esta relativamente cerca de todo, incluyendo de las paradas de subway y de bus. Definitivamente volveria al mismo lugar si tuviera que ir de nuevo a NY.

• England, Female, 41+
7th Jun 2017

This is the first hostel I've actually stayed in. I found it very clean and well organized. The staff were warm and friendly, helpful and informative. Perfect location. I will definitely return and recommend to my friends. I felt so comfortable and safe there. Friendly atmosphere. Felt totally at home.