American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

Nice atmosphere, quiet and relaxed. Great location, very central and lots of food places close by. Always a member of staff at the desk to help. Clean room and bathroom. Could have done with a basic room cleaning service, even just to empty the bin, as I was there for 9 nights and could not find anywhere to dispose of rubbish bags myself. Good room facilities: great ac, tv, sink and wifi. Not a place for young travellers, but would still 100% recommend to anyone on a tourist break in nyc.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great breakfasts, nice room, wifi Works. Location good as subway station just around corner. Only tiny complaint is squeaky beds but that's something I could live with, that asides I would definitely stay here again and will recommend to my friends

good infrastructure and nice location but the staff was completely useless. They didn't even have a MAP. If you appreciate a hostel with a good staff that can give you some helpful tips, this is definitely NOT the place to be.

• 17th Jun 2015

My teenager daughters and I had a very comfortable stay. The facilities are clean . The breakfast is good with many surrounding amenities. No elevator for third floor guest. I would definitely stay again.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

I spent two nights here. It's fine. They could do with another shower room as there was only one on my floor. It's expensive too but this is NYC so it's to be expected I suppose. The breakfast spread is a big plus, as is the private single rooms. If I was in NY again, I'd happily return.

good hostel!! friendly staff!

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Chile

very clean hostel. Friendly staff wish i had chosen this hostel for the earlier part of my trip in NY.

The only things to recommend this place are the location, price, and breakfast. Depending on ones intentions in New York those may be enough. The staff however were not very helpful, nor very alert.

• 13th Jun 2015

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was amazing. Great safe area in the city, facilities are good. Would stay there again. Will definitely recommend.

My staple for NYC. AC was a lifesaver in the summer heat. More a B&B than a hostel (more of a quiet atmosphere), but a great value one.

The lounge area can be made more comfortable.

Very close to the metro, very good value for money, staff was very good and helpful, but they were not very friendly

NYC is already the best city in the world to visit, but I had the most amazing experience with my staying at the American Dream. Location is absolutely amazing (3 blocks away from Madison Sq!!!). Staff made all the difference: I arrived at 10AM from Brazil after a loooong trip and they let me take a shower and breakfast. That not being enough, the girl managed to rearrange the rooms and I was able to actually check in before 2 PM. Also, I had to leave 1 day early and they refunded me the money.

• 7th Jun 2015

I loved my stay here! I would recommend this hostel 100 times :D

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

We had a great experience at American Dream! We were pleasantly surprised how clean the bathrooms were, and how big the rooms were. Unlike a lot of other hostels where they nickel and dime you - 5 euros for breakfast, 2 euros to use a towel, 2 euros to store your luggage - everything was included in this hostel. The breakfast selection was fantastic! The staff was very nice, and the location was excellent. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you for a wonderful NYC experience.

Very clean. The staff in front desk is very nice. I had a heavy luggage but I had to move it towards upstairs. The guy front desk came out and brought it for me to check in and to my room. Very quiet and safe.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • China

I had a pleasant stay. The bed was very comfortable, the toilets were kept clean, and the kitchen/pantry was very homey. My only issue was the door knob which seemed a bit flimsy. Yes, it locks, but it was shaky and can be forcibly broken.

• 30th May 2015
  • Philippines

Really enjoyed my stay. I look forward to staying again soon!

• 23rd May 2015

An excellent place to stay - both for work and leisure. The staff was super friendly, the room was nice and clean, the bathrooms are also clean, and the breakfast was simply amazing with a huge variety of good food. I'd stay there again any time.

• 20th May 2015

Really enjoyed stay here!