American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

I like this hostel very much because it has its character. And the staff are super friendly and helpful. And I would like to thank the son of the owner (pity that I didn't get your name) for all his kind help during my stay. You made my trip a happy ending :)

Really good hostel! The staff is very helpful and the facilities are great.

We really enjoyed the stay at this hostel. Great location and very cosy and homely atmosphere. Waffles for breakfast were amazing, all facilities clean and staff very friendly. Thank you :-)

The staff were very unhelpful at the hostel. The room was good, if a little small, but generally clean. The curtains are also quite thin. Breakfast was great though thank you! Wifi is also terrible and shouldn't be advertised as it cannot be used.

• 26th May 2014

Good location, walking distance to food, subway

Friendly staff, excellent free breakfast, great location, free printing, really clean bathrooms and I love the little details in the design of the bathroom. I stayed in a 3-bed private room on the second floor, although it was small but sufficient for sleeping in after a day out. There are plenty of vegetarian Indian restaurants nearby which was nice for vegetarians like myself. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here and it was a great place to explore New York city from.

Location, location ,location excellent no way you can find a hotel in this area for that price, mattress could be better but for the price in Manhattan is cool

• 20th May 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Great place to stay. Safe, affordable, convenient.

• 16th May 2014

This hostel is well located, near to a subway station and in a walking distance of major NYC attractions.Breakfast is served from 7am and is good. A very noisy environment (either you get a room on 3rd Avenue or you get a room on other side with no daylight; bring ear plugs).Staff: it depends on the person, some were very helpful, other rather unfriendly. Toilets reasonable clean, however some time stuck. Great wifi. No lift in the building. Small rooms with bunk beds, the mattress was very bad.

• 4th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Great place. The Breakfast is awesome (way better than other hostels), the place is clean and smells great, good bathrooms and good rooms (small, but good). If it wasn't for the stairs it would be almost perfect.

• 2nd May 2014

The hostel was pretty good, central location, clean, and very secure. I would have liked it made more clear that the beds would be bunk beds but meh.

+ Excellent location. Refurbished. Good breakfast. - Only one bathroom for all rooms on the floor. Very small rooms. Average Wi-fi. Average cleanliness.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

This is absolutely the hostel I will choose the next time I'm in New York. The location is great, the breakfast was delicious, and they don't have dorms anywhere so they gave me a room to myself.

I selected this place based on the reviews I read. Everything about this place was great. If I have to mention one negative thing is that noise level from 3rd ave was so loud that if you need to sleep after 5am, it may be a slite issue. However, you cannot beat the price considering all other amenities.

• 7th Apr 2014

American Dream Hostel is definitely nice and clean. And also quiet and peaceful. When I come back to New York, this is going to be the address that I am going to stay.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

WiFi was good. Place is super clean. It is tiny in the sense that there is one toilet and one shower per floor . but, its NYC . space doesn't exist. It is noisy, I dont mean like street noise, that is understandable, I mean like there is something living in the walls noisy. Bit weird. Some staff were great, helped us decide what to do and how to do it. Others were useless, and cldnt seem more disinterested. Free breaky is great too. Good range of stuff. Would stay again

Overall a good place to stay. It's a hostel, not a luxury hotel, so if all you need is a bed, then you're set with this place. I gave the facilities a poor rating because the water in the showers was messed up. First it was freezing cold, then scalding hot with no change in the handle position. Not good. Everything else was pretty good.

• 21st Mar 2014

A very nice, comfortable bed and breakfast, in a decent location. The central heating was occasionally a bit noisy at night, but apart from that everything about this hostel was satisfactory. I certainly enjoyed my stay there.

Very good hostel. Location location location!

1 2 Next » last »