American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

I was a bit disappointed! For 100$ per night for a two person bedroom I expected more. The room was very noisy even though the window was closed. There were stains on the linen and the very small bathroom was not clean! I also didn't like that there was only ONE sink on the FLOOR for all the rooms. Staff was very friendly and breakfast very tasty!

Really cosy place, with very friendly staff. Facilities are basic, but serves the purpose and are clean. Super nice atmosphere, almost like being in someones home. Surprisingly good breakfast for a hostel in NYC. Great location, only a block from the nearest subway station and not far from any part of southern Manhattan. Can definitely recommend it!

Was perfect, very quiet, the employees was very nice and friendly. The breakfast was the best in my hole life. The localization was very good.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Nice basic place with excellent breakfast. Great cheap alternative.

Wonderful hostel. Cozy, spotlessly clean and very nice and polite staff. Excellent location. Comfy bed and was great to have sink and mirror in the room. It was a pleasure staying here and would have stayed longer if i could have! Highly recommend!!,

Was extremely impressed with the cleanliness and size considering its location in Manhattan. Would absolutely visit here and recommend to any traveling through Manhattan looking for affordable and accessible accommodations. Can leave luggage onsite once checked out, although not locked, the staff held all valuable items at the front desk so things felt very secure.

• 9th Oct 2014

Easy checking in. Room was clean, bathroom was clean. Breakfast was very good. Hostel has the right size, not too big. And the crowd was not super young either what made the hostel more quiet. That being said I only stayed there a Monday night, so I cannot tell whether it might be noisier over the weekend. The best part of the deal is the location: Close to gramercy Park and St. Marks Place. I really recommend it.

The staffs are really nice and helpful! We stayed at the two ppl suite and really enjoyed it! The room was clean and they've got all the things you need! Highly recommend!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Good place to stay. Less than 10 min walk to metro station 23rd street, line 6. Room is small but clean and comfortable, WIFI collection is good. Breakfast is simple but enough.

If you are looking for a cheap and fairly clean hostel this place is perfect. The rooms are really small, basicly just fit a small bed, sink and a chair. But it is pretty clean. The shared bathroom and showerroom was accually more clean then I expected! The only complain would be that they didn't clean my room, not even once, or changed the sheets, and I was living there for 9 days!

• 1st Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great place to stay in Manhattan. Clean, well located, comfortable, good wifi, among some other qualities. Would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Sep 2014

you guys are doing a great job, keep it up, no complaints.

Fantastic

• 15th Sep 2014

The breakfast was excellent!! Location was alzó great, close to subways and many bus lines. The only thing is that they don't clean the rooms during your stay and unfortunately, our room had no sunlight at all.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

VERY CLEAN. GOOD BREACKFAST.KIND STAFF

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

This hostel is like home, very convinient, location is very good, near 3rd Avenue and shops and grocery stores. In my room it stank a little bit. But it was not a problem of a hotel. I liked breakfasts as well. So I recommend this hotel everyone.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Russia

I thought this hostel was excellent ! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, including moving me to a quieter room after my first room was right next to a busy road. The mattresses were incredibly comfortable, the kitchen facilities were great and the bathrooms were always spotlessly clean ! I'd definitely recommend it to others !

... the hostel with the best breakfast I had in the states!

Woo! Loved this place. It was clean, well-located and just what we were hoping for. We had a private room with twin bunk beds, a sink, a tv and an air conditioner that turned the room into an icebox. (Awesome for the end of August heat and humidity!) The only quibble we had with the place (and this is a seriously minor issue) was that the showers were a bit bipolar: one moment, the water was scaldingly hot; the next it was freezing cold. Still... the showers worked and were clean. We'd stayagain

The AC in our room was painfully noisy, bunk bed very shaky

1 2 Next » last »