American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

I was staying in a hostel on my own for a week.Atmosphere was lovely and staff was friendly.It's a sharing bathroom per each floor but it was always clean and not occupied when needed. Breakfast was really nice.Lovely kitchen and big variety for a breakfast option. Also you meet people in the kitchen, which was quite nice. Had comfortable sleep and not noisy at all. When I was leaving, member of staff helped me out with my bags and catch taxi! Had very pleasant stay here! Would recommend!

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Latvia

A great hostel in a brilliant location, central to most things that you want to see. Great facilities and very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Was great that I had a room to myself for this price with a sink, TV and desk. Was able to store my luggage too which really helped. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 20th Aug 2014

Since people who travel usually just need a room for sleeping and space for their stuff my biggest wish is that you lose the TV sets for more luggage/clothing space. I had to have my luggage in front of the bed and it got very crummy. Especially If I plan to bring a friend on my next trip to NY.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Its incredible when in the window in my room it was the wall of the neighbor building in a few centimeters

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Russia

I had a very good time being in the American Dream Hostel, It is a very confortable place to stay. Even though you have to share breakfast and bathroom, I never had any problem with that, and the people and staff are very nice.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

American Dream Hostel was clean and comfy. We stayed in a private twin which required a 2 person minimum with the bottom bunk being a full and top a twin but both were very comfy and equipped with ac so that was nice. The breakfast bar was nice. They had cereal, delicious pastries and cakes, coffee, juice and milk, boiled eggs, toast, and fresh fruit. It wasn't as bohemian hippy open as I'm used to in a hostel, but it was safe, clean, and comfy which I really appreciated. I would stay again. :)

• 6th Aug 2014

Very basic, clean and tidy. Good range of food for breakfast.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The breakfast is just great, well done.

• 2nd Aug 2014