American Dream Hostel Reviews

168 East 24th Street, between Lexington and 3rd Av, New York, USA

Nice atmosphere, small rooms but ok, very clean, nice staff, very good breakfast and kitchen!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Iceland

Excellent hostel. Clean, safe and pretty private for a hostel. Really nice staff. It was pretty hot at night but I will be staying there again!

• 7th Jul 2014

Good hostel with nice complimentary breakfast. Clean facilities. Close to metro station. Only downside that the staff didn't know much about the city; ie local transport and stuff to do.

The place was always spotless. The kitchen is very well set up and the breakfast was great. There were several good places to get good food cheap. There is comedy club right around the corner. I would definitely stay there again.

• 5th Jul 2014

Good, solid hostel. Not sure what it would be like as a solo traveller if you were looking to socialise but certainly good for what we needed which was a place to stay in a good location in manhattan - close to a variety of subways and in the cool flatiron district.

The stuff welcomed us very friendly and they helped us about everything. We couldn't spend too much time at the hostel but beds were comfortable and atmosphere was good:)

I booked a "three bed private room", and the room turns out to have only two beds: one double-bed and, on top of it, a narrow single one, not to say how clammy and narrow the room was. This would have been tolerable if this had been shown as a "three person room" or something like that, in which case I'd just smile bitterly at my naivety. But to brand it as a "three bed room" is downright cheating. Paying almost $200 per night for such a room I feel I must be an idiot.

I like this hostel very much because it has its character. And the staff are super friendly and helpful. And I would like to thank the son of the owner (pity that I didn't get your name) for all his kind help during my stay. You made my trip a happy ending :)

Really good hostel! The staff is very helpful and the facilities are great.

We really enjoyed the stay at this hostel. Great location and very cosy and homely atmosphere. Waffles for breakfast were amazing, all facilities clean and staff very friendly. Thank you :-)

The staff were very unhelpful at the hostel. The room was good, if a little small, but generally clean. The curtains are also quite thin. Breakfast was great though thank you! Wifi is also terrible and shouldn't be advertised as it cannot be used.

• 26th May 2014