AmicitiA (former Friesland) Reviews

Oosterdok, Dock 3 (Nemo Museum), Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very different but a great place to stay. Handy to get to anywhere in the city. The owner is a really nice guy and gave us a quick orientation with a map so we knew how to get to everything. You get a really nice continental buffet breakfast included with the room.

Roy is fantastic and an amazing spot to stay. Very accommodating. Strongly recommend. Thanks again.

Great place to stay.

Absolutely perfect place for what we were looking for. beds were comfy, all clean, and was amazing to be pretty much at sea level! Will definately go again.

The location is great, easy walk from the train station, close to the main attractions, quiet. The rooms are horribly small, I couldn't bring myself to take a shower the shower rooms were tiny and gross. The toilets were also small and smelled like urine. I have stayed at other houseboats in Amsterdam and had a much better experience. The price is cheap, but in my opinion, not worth it.

I love this place. If I was back to Amsterdam again, I would choose this place

Brilliant location, helpful staff and great view from port hole window.

• 22nd Aug 2012

Boathouse itself was a tremendous choice to stay one night in. Reception lady/owner was really nice and kind. The only disadvantage was in hygienic facilities (WC and shower). Those were definitely to small to feel comfortable and not as clean as I expected. Nevertheless, I recommend this place to those who want to stay overnight only.

• 19th Aug 2012
  • Poland

We had a really great time staying at the AmicitiA. It was good fun, the breakfast was nice and the rooms, the toilets and the shower were small, but very clean. We liked it very much!

• 16th Aug 2012

We didn´t stay at the hotel

The stairs are steep, the cabins are super small and walls are paper-thin, but at 23 hours all was quiet except for the few returning late and falling down the stairs. It was a wonderful stay at a most wonderful place. I would always stay if there is space available. It is ideal for average sized folks who are able to speak quietly. The breakfast was outstanding and the host was excellent. Thank you Rein!

It's really a new experience to stay in a boat with the fantastic surrounding views. The room is kind of very small but this is not a problem to me at all but the temperature in the room during the middle of the summer night is the big big problem for going to the bed.

Roy makes sure you have a great time in the heart of Amsterdam. The best location in town although the rooms are tiny.

I had a really nice stay. The boat was quiet at night even though it was the gay celebration day and it was a good spot to watch the festivities during the day. The proprietor was really nice and very helpful. Very spatially efficient. Good breakky too!

• 4th Aug 2012

take cash only, the bed sheets are pretty dirty. The view is amazing on the deck. Breakfast is pretty good. Everything except the sleeping area are all good. The room is small and the sink in my room is unusable.

• 29th Jul 2012
  • China

Good location but very very small rooms. Two people in a large closet. Staying in bunks is hard for a couple. Apart from the small cabins it was fine. The showers could be cleaner and they should warn the guests when the flush the waste as the smell was awful. The state, Roy, was extremely helpful and very nice. The breakfast was included and great.

Cool place, Roy was cool and sorted everything out for us despite arriving an hour and a half after reception closed. Good stay and good location

great stay. keep it up like that

• 28th Jun 2012
  • Bulgaria

had an absolutely great stay, the owner was very kind and very helpful. highly recomended

• 27th Jun 2012

Fun hostel, different from all I've been to. The best location ever ! Close to everywhere, quiet and pleasant place surrounded by water and other boats.Very friendly and helpful staff.Roy is a true gent, taking time to show us what to see.Nice view in the morning and the breakfast is lovely. Definitely will stay there again on our next vacations. The hungarian couple

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts