AmicitiA (former Friesland) Reviews

Oosterdok, Dock 3 (Nemo Museum), Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good things and bad things....The good things first: The location of the hostel its quiet good close to the center but out of the mess of center, the view from the boat is great and the best thing is that included breakfast!The bad things: the room is really really small but warm! some of them are smelling a little bit strange,also you can listen all the noise and the footsteps from above and the window is very small.The last thing is the smelling of the toilets they're finaly clean but smell!!

We very much liked the boat - location was great, and the staff helpful. However, the cleanliness could be much better and improve the experience. Generally, the cabins are quite small, unfortunately the sink was not working properly and it was also medium clean. In addition, if you book the boat you should keep in mind it will be quite noisy at night as you can hear every noise coming and going of people or them talking.

Ideal for groups of friends as very centrally located, good value for money and fun.

• 1st Nov 2015

Amazing!!! The most beautiful place I have ever slept. Very, very nice!!!

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Even the room is a bit small, it worths to stay. Athmospher is very good and the location is very close to center.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I really enjoyed to stay in a boat with very friendly and helpfull staff. They give awesome breakfast . I think it was best hostel breakfast that I had. I was doubtful about staying in a boat but me and my friends was very happy to choose this hostel.

The location is very good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. You can use everything 24/7 in the dining area and tea and coffee is available all all times. The breakfast was very tasty and there was plenty to choose from. The cabins were quite small but that is a part of its charm I guess. Everything was cleaned daily.

the door at the end of the corridor downstairs, near the toilets was always open and anybody could come in even if they didn”t know the code... so watch out! :) special thanks to Miro! Darling, you can visit Bucharest anytime!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Romania

We had a great time during our stay at AmicitA. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, location is fantastic and the conditions are fine. Great value for money. Breakfasts were nice, but we were bit surprised that basic facilities like kettle, toaster or microwave were not available outside the breakfast time. However when we've asked the staff to leave the kettle outside the kitchen (so we can have a cup of tea upon late arrival) there was no problem with that. Overall we are very pleased! :)

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Poland

The staff were amazing and we felt very welcomed! I would definitely recommend staying here

We spent 2 nights in the Amicitia. It was comfortable, clean, and the staff super friendly and helpful. I would definitely go there again!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

This bed and breakfast was pretty nice, the location was excellent

The AmicitiA was the perfect hostel for a few days' stay in Amsterdam. The location is ideal - walking distance from the central station, takes about 5-10 mins. Clean rooms and facilities, relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast. We would definitely recommend it, especially to younger couples and friend groups!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Can't be any happier about this place.. absolutely fantastic! The boat was nice and cozy with an amazing view on the deck into the canal. Really nice, great value for money. Very quiet and the staff was superb. I would totally come back again!

well, rooms are small and a little bit dark but the price is really reasonable for amsterdam. showers and toilets are clean, breakfast is good. captain was really nice to me. location was not that good though, 10 minutes to main train station but at least 20 mins to center. i think staying in a boat in amsterdam is a fun experience.

It's a perfect place to stay. I stayed 2 nights with a friend. We could relax. There is enough space for everybody. The staff is helpful and lovely!

• 24th Aug 2013

It's a boat, what more need I say? It''s a perfect way to stay in Amsterdam! =D It is well located in the city, close access to bus, tram, Centraal Train Station. Staff is friendly and happy. Everything is clean and cosy. Definitely would go back and recommend!

Very friendly and helpful staff and very close to main station and the city center.

• 10th Aug 2013

Tiny room, but perhaps to be expected aboard a boat. However the smell of sewage, extremely basic facilities and general lack of hostel atmosphere meant that we were disappointed by the overall experience.

• 6th Aug 2013

Water is the element that brought Amsterdam to life, so how could there be any better option than staying there on a boat! We enjoyed traffic on the water - all the vessels going by, telling their own story. Great views and extraordinary location are well worth to put up with a tiny cabin and shared facilities Staff created an "at-home-atmosphere". A fantastic place to experience Amsterdam as long as you don`t have unrealistic expectations. I especially liked the sun-deck on top of the boat...

• 1st Aug 2013