Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My stay was absurd

Good place to stay for a weekend trip to AM. Not too close to much exciting, touristy things, but it's super close to the tram and train stations.

• 19th Feb 2015

My stay here was absurd. When I arrived they told me that my card didn't go through and that my second night was cancelled, when in fact, my card did go through. I made the booking weeks in advance, and they never called/emailed me about this. I had to spend all of my second day in Amsterdam looking for accommodation, which I found at a very high price. I was scammed by this establishment and will not recommend it to anyone. I haven ever had such an experience from Hostelworld.

• 19th Feb 2015

This is a great place, I met a lot of nice people and felt at home here. I extended my stay because I really liked it. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Shout out to Appi, who taught me all a newcomer needs to know in Amsterdam - had a great time thanks to him.

Very small rooms, the shower throws water inside the room, is better to take a shower outside, not many connectors. Besides that the staff was friendly and helpful.

Extremely nice service. Good people :)

The hostel is well-located and the people were really friendly and hopeful, but the smoking area is extremely small (you have to smoke on the entrance stairs) and the kitchen is together with the reception, which left no much space or privacity in the kitchen to do what you want. The kitchen, in this case, is only one grill and one microwave, which allowed us just to make sandwiches and warm something. However, I recommend this hostel to everyone who wants to have a nice and agradable stay there

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent value for money. The room was very clean.

• 14th Jan 2015

Our stay was good and the staff were nice people. However I thought towels were included but we had to pay for them in the end... And they were dirty! The WC was clean and the shower ok. The location was ok and the tram was right in front of the hostel; there are food places, pharmacies and supermarkets just a few steps from the hostel.

It was an excellent stance there and the staff is so helpful. Location is awesome out of the crowd area but close to there also to walk a bit and across half of the important squares of Amsterdam. The worst point probably bathroom , clean but problably could add more

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Even as a person who is very much used to modest hostel standards - I have never stayed in a place this bad. it is relatively clean - extremely dangerous stairs (seriously don't walk them drunk. Seriously, just don't!) - extremely expensive (150 for a dorm bed on nye) - very bad location, long train ride to centre - very bad house for a hostel - poor, crowded and hectic chill out area - unfriendly staff, unable to speak more than elementary english Don't go here! Go ANYWHERE else!

Dear Ulrich, Thank you for taiking your time for this review. I am sorry to read your bad experience with us. We are indeed a big hostel with many guests. During the period of New Year it is extremely busy and i the whole city expensive. We are actualy one of the cheapest in town! And with the tram you are in 10 minutes in the city! Our cleaners work very hard to keep our place clean, but with a full house there is a full use of our facilities You are always welcome at Amigo's

I lost my wallet on the way to Amsterdam.My friend and i arrived late with no euros(we were stuck using one cash card and had already used the daily limit).The management were initially sympathectic and assured us that we could pay the outstanding balance day by day thus allowing us some spending money.They changed their greedy minds without informing us,we returned after 12 hours and found our door wide open with our bags and passports on show.Coupled with this reaming,it is noisey and flthy.

• 26th Dec 2014

The guy in the reception was very helpful. hostel is cheap and clean. In my opinion only problem with the hostel is that it is a little far from center center is like 20-30 min walk from hostel, but it isn't a problem. i would recommend walking because it is a beautiful city.

It was a good experience, we met new and fantastic people during our stay. It is a good quality hostel, personnel is very attentive and helpful.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Location is good but you need an expensive tram ticket to access the city centre. Only other negative is the lack of kitchen and that reception opens at 8am

Great place to crash when being in amsterdam. Staff, rooms, location, the area, I really dug them all. definetely will comr back if i get to br back in amsterdam.

Its a nice hostel with very good value for money. Free wifi. Customer service and staff member Mohammed were helpful and informative. A few minutes on tram will get you any where. Safe neighbourhood. If you want to spend a few nights on a budget this is a good place.

Dear Syed, Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleassue to have you with us. You are more than welcome to stay with us in the future.

Our room was not open because people were using "magic mushrooms" the night before and broke the windows and pissed on the bed, so we had to be squished into a single person room. They gave us a good discount and the benefit of checking out later, and also promised to add a mattress to our room the next day. The mattress never showed up. Also most of the residents were male, which is frightening for two 20 year old females traveling to amsterdam. I know it was a hostel, but I've stayed at better

• 21st Nov 2014

this hostel is very good, i stayed here several times and everything is fine! the guys are still working here since last year and offcourse because they are good working persons! casa one of the staffmembers is a good friend of mine he helped me with everything! it not very far from the city with the tram its just 8-10 minutes. everytime if i visit amsterdam, there is no other place for me then Amigo! see you soon guys!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, little dirty and tight spaces but staff was amazing, lounge was a perfect environment. The hostel is located outside the red light district but has a tram stop right outside the door for easy in and out access to the red light district, 3 euro a ride. Coffeshop about a 5 minute walk down the street and grocery stores right at ground level. Loved my stay. Great hostel to enjoy what everybody goes to Amsterdam for.

• 19th Nov 2014

Dear Anthony, Thank you very much for your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a good stay at Amigo's. We do the best we can to provide the best service! You are always welcome to stay with us !

« first « Prev 1 2 3