Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent value for money. The room was very clean.

• 14th Jan 2015

Our stay was good and the staff were nice people. However I thought towels were included but we had to pay for them in the end... And they were dirty! The WC was clean and the shower ok. The location was ok and the tram was right in front of the hostel; there are food places, pharmacies and supermarkets just a few steps from the hostel.

It was an excellent stance there and the staff is so helpful. Location is awesome out of the crowd area but close to there also to walk a bit and across half of the important squares of Amsterdam. The worst point probably bathroom , clean but problably could add more

• 6th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Even as a person who is very much used to modest hostel standards - I have never stayed in a place this bad. it is relatively clean - extremely dangerous stairs (seriously don't walk them drunk. Seriously, just don't!) - extremely expensive (150 for a dorm bed on nye) - very bad location, long train ride to centre - very bad house for a hostel - poor, crowded and hectic chill out area - unfriendly staff, unable to speak more than elementary english Don't go here! Go ANYWHERE else!

Dear Ulrich, Thank you for taiking your time for this review. I am sorry to read your bad experience with us. We are indeed a big hostel with many guests. During the period of New Year it is extremely busy and i the whole city expensive. We are actualy one of the cheapest in town! And with the tram you are in 10 minutes in the city! Our cleaners work very hard to keep our place clean, but with a full house there is a full use of our facilities You are always welcome at Amigo's

I lost my wallet on the way to Amsterdam.My friend and i arrived late with no euros(we were stuck using one cash card and had already used the daily limit).The management were initially sympathectic and assured us that we could pay the outstanding balance day by day thus allowing us some spending money.They changed their greedy minds without informing us,we returned after 12 hours and found our door wide open with our bags and passports on show.Coupled with this reaming,it is noisey and flthy.

• 26th Dec 2014

It was a good experience, we met new and fantastic people during our stay. It is a good quality hostel, personnel is very attentive and helpful.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Location is good but you need an expensive tram ticket to access the city centre. Only other negative is the lack of kitchen and that reception opens at 8am

Great place to crash when being in amsterdam. Staff, rooms, location, the area, I really dug them all. definetely will comr back if i get to br back in amsterdam.

Its a nice hostel with very good value for money. Free wifi. Customer service and staff member Mohammed were helpful and informative. A few minutes on tram will get you any where. Safe neighbourhood. If you want to spend a few nights on a budget this is a good place.

Dear Syed, Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleassue to have you with us. You are more than welcome to stay with us in the future.

Our room was not open because people were using "magic mushrooms" the night before and broke the windows and pissed on the bed, so we had to be squished into a single person room. They gave us a good discount and the benefit of checking out later, and also promised to add a mattress to our room the next day. The mattress never showed up. Also most of the residents were male, which is frightening for two 20 year old females traveling to amsterdam. I know it was a hostel, but I've stayed at better

• 21st Nov 2014

this hostel is very good, i stayed here several times and everything is fine! the guys are still working here since last year and offcourse because they are good working persons! casa one of the staffmembers is a good friend of mine he helped me with everything! it not very far from the city with the tram its just 8-10 minutes. everytime if i visit amsterdam, there is no other place for me then Amigo! see you soon guys!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, little dirty and tight spaces but staff was amazing, lounge was a perfect environment. The hostel is located outside the red light district but has a tram stop right outside the door for easy in and out access to the red light district, 3 euro a ride. Coffeshop about a 5 minute walk down the street and grocery stores right at ground level. Loved my stay. Great hostel to enjoy what everybody goes to Amsterdam for.

• 19th Nov 2014

Dear Anthony, Thank you very much for your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a good stay at Amigo's. We do the best we can to provide the best service! You are always welcome to stay with us !

This hostel for the price is not worth it at all!!!!! They have one restroom for a whole floor to share and the noise level doesn't stop all night. I thought there would be a nice decently sized room with five beds when booking. As it turns out, it was a tiny room, literally the size of a large closet, with two bunk beds up against the walls and a mattress on the floor to complete the fifth bed. Seriously felt scared for our safety, the stairs are so steep and everything was really dirty.

• 7th Nov 2014

It is easy to reach the hostel via tram. Walking from the center is also possible but, it takes a long time. Toilets are really small and it is impossible to move in the toilets at some floors. There is not enough shower for all people. Sometimes you have to wait a long que for shower. There is only one hairdryer in the hostel. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Even they forgot to put all my friends in the same room, they compensated their mistake.

The hostel is in a very good location. The staff is friendly, the rooms, linens and toilets were surprisingly clean. It would be nice though if the check out hour will change to 12, now it's 10. It's too early, people usually come here to have fun, and don't wake up that early.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Romania

Trolley accessible, however very creepy. Someone came into our room in the middle of the night and woke us up. We did not feel very safe. Also, I think there were bed bugs because my friend and I both have bites.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Best Hostel i have ever visited. A lot of young and friendly people, great atmosphere and helpfull staff - especially Appi. The location is also good, close to shops and train which takes you straight from hostel to Central Station in few minutes.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

thank you very much for your comment. i feel honored! thanks szymon your always welcome! greetings appi

Location is about 45 minute walk from centraal station but tram/bus stop runs 24 hours. Stop is right in front of hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Really good atmosphere. I would recommend for young people.

Really good hostel with friendly and helpful staff always ready to help, especially Appi.

Far away from center. Rooms is not clean. You can t use wi fi other floors. You have to go Lobby.

« first « Prev 1 2 3