Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is good but you need an expensive tram ticket to access the city centre. Only other negative is the lack of kitchen and that reception opens at 8am

Great place to crash when being in amsterdam. Staff, rooms, location, the area, I really dug them all. definetely will comr back if i get to br back in amsterdam.

Its a nice hostel with very good value for money. Free wifi. Customer service and staff member Mohammed were helpful and informative. A few minutes on tram will get you any where. Safe neighbourhood. If you want to spend a few nights on a budget this is a good place.

Dear Syed, Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleassue to have you with us. You are more than welcome to stay with us in the future.

Our room was not open because people were using "magic mushrooms" the night before and broke the windows and pissed on the bed, so we had to be squished into a single person room. They gave us a good discount and the benefit of checking out later, and also promised to add a mattress to our room the next day. The mattress never showed up. Also most of the residents were male, which is frightening for two 20 year old females traveling to amsterdam. I know it was a hostel, but I've stayed at better

• 21st Nov 2014

this hostel is very good, i stayed here several times and everything is fine! the guys are still working here since last year and offcourse because they are good working persons! casa one of the staffmembers is a good friend of mine he helped me with everything! it not very far from the city with the tram its just 8-10 minutes. everytime if i visit amsterdam, there is no other place for me then Amigo! see you soon guys!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Great hostel, little dirty and tight spaces but staff was amazing, lounge was a perfect environment. The hostel is located outside the red light district but has a tram stop right outside the door for easy in and out access to the red light district, 3 euro a ride. Coffeshop about a 5 minute walk down the street and grocery stores right at ground level. Loved my stay. Great hostel to enjoy what everybody goes to Amsterdam for.

• 19th Nov 2014

Dear Anthony, Thank you very much for your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a good stay at Amigo's. We do the best we can to provide the best service! You are always welcome to stay with us !

This hostel for the price is not worth it at all!!!!! They have one restroom for a whole floor to share and the noise level doesn't stop all night. I thought there would be a nice decently sized room with five beds when booking. As it turns out, it was a tiny room, literally the size of a large closet, with two bunk beds up against the walls and a mattress on the floor to complete the fifth bed. Seriously felt scared for our safety, the stairs are so steep and everything was really dirty.

• 7th Nov 2014

It is easy to reach the hostel via tram. Walking from the center is also possible but, it takes a long time. Toilets are really small and it is impossible to move in the toilets at some floors. There is not enough shower for all people. Sometimes you have to wait a long que for shower. There is only one hairdryer in the hostel. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Even they forgot to put all my friends in the same room, they compensated their mistake.

The hostel is in a very good location. The staff is friendly, the rooms, linens and toilets were surprisingly clean. It would be nice though if the check out hour will change to 12, now it's 10. It's too early, people usually come here to have fun, and don't wake up that early.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Romania

Trolley accessible, however very creepy. Someone came into our room in the middle of the night and woke us up. We did not feel very safe. Also, I think there were bed bugs because my friend and I both have bites.

• 2nd Nov 2014

Best Hostel i have ever visited. A lot of young and friendly people, great atmosphere and helpfull staff - especially Appi. The location is also good, close to shops and train which takes you straight from hostel to Central Station in few minutes.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

thank you very much for your comment. i feel honored! thanks szymon your always welcome! greetings appi

Location is about 45 minute walk from centraal station but tram/bus stop runs 24 hours. Stop is right in front of hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Really good atmosphere. I would recommend for young people.

Really good hostel with friendly and helpful staff always ready to help, especially Appi.

Far away from center. Rooms is not clean. You can t use wi fi other floors. You have to go Lobby.

according to hostel policy i need to authenticate my card so that they deduct first night charges in case of no show...three days before my stay the manager says he is not able to authenticate my card as it is showing error.I provide alternate card number.but still he says it does not work.he cancelled my booking as we book the hostel at cheap price.when we reach hostel he says there is no room for us.we need to book a very expensive hostel.worst was no cmnctn of cancellation from hostel world..

• 25th Oct 2014
  • India

Not enough showers for the amount of rooms, the entire hostel smelled like smoke and the lockers were great except that no standard lock would fit in the lockers to lock them forcing you to pay for one of their locks. Room key suddenly stopped working in the middle of the stay. And although they seemed to constantly be cleaning it still felt grimy and dirty. I've stayed in many great hostels and this was by far the worst one.

• 21st Oct 2014

Very very expensive, very dirty, very noisy

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel was nice and the staff was pleasant. I have two bad things to say about my stay. First of all I smelled smoke everywhere even though it wasn't allowed in the hostel. Second I had a really hard time sleeping at night, since people where opening and closing doors all the time. I don't blame the people, I blame the hostel for having so many doors. Seriously to go to the bathroom I had to open 8 doors there and back again. But apart from that, nice hostel!

Awesome comfortable beds, exactly what you should expect from a hostel!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel for that money. Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the shower, toilets and rooms. Free linen. One negative thing steep staircase, which constantly smoking weed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4