Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is a good value for the money, just be prepared to the stairs.... Crazy so many stairs

• 6th Apr 2014

Good,value for money Hostel but lacks that friendly hostel atmosphere probably due to the small reception area. Amigo Hostel serves it's purpose as a place to stay at a reasonable price doesn't offer much more than that. Approximately 15 minutes from the center by Tram and 30 minutes walk. N.B. Not suitable for individuals even with a slight physical disability as the stairs to the entrance are extremely steep.

The toilet is super small and the atmosphere is full of weed smell!

The hostel is totally soulless but it does the job. Also some weird mix-ups...we wanted a private double but on arrival were given an empty 10 bed dorm. The owner is really nice though and it's an alright location (15 mins on the tram to centre).

• 13th Mar 2014

i don't really have a lot to complain about, the staff was really friendly, everything was clean, the hostel is about 2 kilometers from the center. the only things i didn't like were that the prices go up a lot in the weekend and the smell of weed everywhere, but that's mostly because of some of the guests. keep it up guys, you've got an amazing hostel!

• 3rd Mar 2014

The staff was very friendly and kind. The hostel was clean, and also the bathrooms. We could have breakfast and lunch in the common living room They let us leave the baggage in the hotel until our train left. I strongly recommend it.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

Shower was a bit mouldy. On my bed were still dirty bed sheet. Although staff promised to take care of it I had to do it in the end myself.

• 1st Mar 2014

First they hustle mé for 25 euro i had pay allready When i booked. Then our room isnt clean. Next morning they Tell us we have to change room,and we should be back in 3 hours before the room is ready, Then we Got back, and find out they have mest up and now have to walk around 5 km to a other hostel. They Tell us its an upgrade in room for us, it Was not!! We Got a room halv the size, With no Windows at all!, that is just not okay, never gonna recormend amigo hostel ore Their sisterhostel!!

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

As said before, the room area really small. Staff is helpfull and friendly and the hostel is for young people (very noisiy but did not bother my stay at all). Clean, really close to the train stop as said on description. Far from city centre but no big deal because of night buses and the fact that the hostel is close to the bus stop as well. Very good for the price i paid. Would recommend.

Exactly what you want from a low cost hostel. Decent sized, clean rooms. Were lots of like-minded young people staying at the same time which gave it a great atmosphere. Would certainly stay again

• 14th Feb 2014

the only problem about this hostel you can only check in at 2 pm which is troublesome if your arrival flight early in the morning.

Not a very good location, far away from the city center. No kitchen but there is a grocery store across the street for snacks/drinks. Rooms and bathrooms were kind of dirty, wifi didn't work in room, I had to go through 4 doors I think before I got to my room door which I found strange. Really small common room/area, its really just the reception area. Lots of people smoking right outside the door. Just not a great overall atmosphere.

We booked a double room but we were given a dorm room - not ideal for a couple! The room also smelt very badly of smoke as it was in close proximity to the 'smoking' area.

The place was alright, but I really did not like the fact that my friend could not come upstairs in the room to have a drink before we were about to go out. For that reason I have left the place after the first night.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Romania

Excellent time in the Amigo Hostel. I will definitely come back here !!!!!

• 27th Jan 2014

It was quiet nice and was not expensive. Its location is so close to the city so by the tram you jump into the city in 10 min

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Egypt

great place .friendly staff, comfy beds, i will be staying here every time i visit this amazing city.

• 12th Jan 2014
  • Portugal

nice staff and cheap. the second dqy th staff give discount.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Bolivia

The staff was great! Friendly and helpful. Awesome atmosphere as well.

• 7th Jan 2014

The hostel is too far from everything in the city. You will have to take the metro that it is expensive! The people in the hostel are so much strange. Guys that smoke weed 24hrs a day. I don't know... Just don't stay there!