Amigo Hostel Amsterdam

• jjmarsbar
  • England, Male, 18-24
19th Jun 2017
7.7

Can't fault it. Great for what you pay. Rooms were very warm at night but that's a given when it's 33 degrees Celsius outside. Would definitely recommend.

• kingtheginger
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Jun 2017
7.1

This hostel was okay. Not as bad as the reviews make it seem. The directions provided aren't clear but get off at the Pretoriusstrat tram station, hostel is right across the street! The bathrooms were always wet, small, and gross. Shower door handle was broken too. Stairs are insane, do NOT stay here if you have any physical disability. On the bright side, there are kittens. Also fish.

17th May 2017
3.7

This hostel is terrible. There are no numbers on any of the beds so essentially its a free for all. My first night, I found someone sleeping in my bed. Fortunately, there was another bed open. However, the second night, my friend got back pretty late and his entire room was full. He had to be switched to another room because they had overbooked the room. The bathroom facilities are way too small. It is also quite far away from the city center. Too expensive for what you are actually receiving.

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th May 2017
3.4

The rooms were ok. When I got there they put me in a room in the attic which was very cramped. Halfway through my trip I got back three room and all the beds wee taken. I went down the narrow staircase to reception and found out they moved me without notification. Overall not a good experience. I would not wish that on anyone, the prices take a huge hike when Friday hits.

• Wales, Mixed Group, 18-24
27th Apr 2017
2.3

DO NOT STAY HERE. Sexist staff who are rude and intimidating if there is a problem. Huge problem with over booking, people in the wrong rooms due to unclear rooms. Cleanliness was awful with the shower rooms constantly flooded. I personally was woken up on every single night by staff interrogating us about if this was our room, bursting in with flashlights in the middle of the night. When I stayed for four nights, I maybe had about 3-4 hours sleep in total. Would not recommend at all.

• India, Couple, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

The flight of stairs is really steep. The washrooms are very small , barely can stand in them . Decently clean room . Good connectivity with tram. Staff is super helpful. Good supermarket nearby .

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
7.1

Great location, decent staff and facilities. Very happy with the value for money

7th Apr 2017
6.6

Overall, my stay was good but I signed up for a mixed dorm and it was me and 7 men for 2/3 nights. I asked the second day if any women would becoming in the room and the staff was helpful they did offer to move me but only to another mixed dorm with all males as the mixed dorms with females were full. Another thing was there was 1 shower and 1 bathroom in my area (4 rooms with 6-8 people in each). There is no common room really so its hard to meet people as a solo traveler. The staff is great.

• USA, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2017
5.7

Security was fine when it came to lock's on the door however the lockers they give you in the room are very small and easy to break into. Location was horrible but a tad too far, the tram was easy to get around the city of Amsterdam itself though so that wasn't a big deal. The staff was very nice! Especially one of the front desk guys, I want to be his friend because he was so sweet. However my bed that was "clean" had pubes and dirt all over it. The bathroom and shower could have been cleaner

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
26th Mar 2017
3.1

We had people coming into our room and taking our beds when they shouldn't have been. They were given card keys to our room. We had 9 people in a room for 8 people. The toilet was ridiculous. Couldn't even close the door properly because my knees were in the way. Main problem was with the other people staying (slamming doors, running around on their floor which caused the floors to squeak and keep me up). Avoid.

Thank you for taiking the time to give your comment. I am sorry that people wake you up because they where moving. This happens in a hostel with diffirent persons because people like to move. I dont understand why you mention 9 persons because our rooms are maximium 8. Sometimes people take other beds because they are confused, but we have 24 hours reception to solve issues like these. Well thanks again.