Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A terrible review, because I was treated the same. I moved to another room my last day. Later in the evening, I moved back. When a guest realizes that the staff could not count heads correctly *before* the staff, something is wrong. I was treated terribly. Same as the people who had to give up a bunk. And the people woken up in the room at 1AM. I understand that mistakes happen, but when staff hand wave the mistake away, it's not just unprofessional, it's incompetent.

I have been to many hostels in my life and this one was by far the worst! It is absolutlely filthy, the beds are so crammed together that the one guys feet touched my face during the night. The bathrooms on our floor were so small that an average sized male would have a hard time sitting down on it. All I can say is DO NOT choose this hostel!

• 13th Sep 2014

Had a nice stay at amigo. A healthy walk from the city centre is really he only downfall. The front desk man Sam was really helpful and made it possible for my sister and I to sleep in the same room together rather tha. Splitting up. It was really nice of him. He also knew answers to all our questions :)

Standard hostel, no major complaints, you pay for what you get. Rooms, toilets and showers kept in great condition. Only thing was the stairs. You may see other reviews complaining about the stairs, but do not underestimate those goddamn stairs. You're basically climbing up them at a 90 degree angle, and if you're staying on the top floor like we were, you have to do it another three times.

• 30th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Excellent location near everything you need in Amsterdam!

Poor staff service and hit with several different unannounced extra fees upon arrival. Very good showers however not enough of them, shocking toilet facilities and overall poor cleanliness

I think the only problem I had there would have been the bathrooms, as they were limited. Otherwise great hostel, close by a brilliant coffeeshop, easy to tram into central, cheap food places and a super market nearby, beds were comfortable, sheets were all clean and tidy. Thanks for the great stay.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Clean but staff very rude. I asked staff the night before if it was ok to check out early in the morning (7.30am) and was told it was ok to do so. Upon leaving there was no one at reception desK we stood for at least 10 minutes ringing doorbell but no one came. Because of this we could not return the key card for the room and were unable to get back the €10 deposit back that we paid for it. Poor customer service

wonderful hostel, for meet people or just to relax relax

• 20th Aug 2014

the staff are very helpful, they give u all the information needed and solve every single problem. also the hostel is clean and not that far form the city center. also beside the hostel, u can find amazing supermarket :). for sure next time in Amsterdam will be in Amigo hostel.

Terrible terrible hostel. Will put you in an room with more people than the one you paid for, without offering you to change room or reimburse the difference and without apologizing one bit. Very loud at night, I'm not even sure the basic safety measures are taken considering how much they pack the rooms with the more people they can. 10E deposit for the key that's not written anywhere when you book. Avoid at all costs.

Amazing hostel, would definitely recommend. Thanks!

We had a great stay at the Amigo Hostel. The staff was really nice.

Yhe bathrooms were dirty. On bathroom for many people. It was too far the center

The staff were really nice, and the free maps very helpful. The shared bathroom wasn't ideal as you had to wait if people were in it, and the floor wasn't very clean. Very steep steps lead up to the hostel. Location is a 10 minute tram ride from the city centre, which was fine once we figured out how to get there and which stop to go to.

• 7th Aug 2014

The toilet on the 3rd floor was terrible, it is the most uncomfortable place in Europe.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Hungary

Loved Amigo and their "dream team". Their new employee Appi was really nice as well! We were able to walk all around Amsterdam because of it's location. The lobby is really cozy where u can drink and meet other people and the showers are AMAZEBALLS. We WILL be back! Love Stina

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Location is quite good, near train station and city centre. Accomodation was ok. Bit be careful of the steep staircase.....

There was only one bathroom for more than a dorm! And ours had 10 beds. There was no climatization so it got very uncomfortable. The access to the hostel is hard because the stairs are very steep and theres always people blocking them.

If you like to smoke pot this hostel is for you. Unfortunately we don't and everyone that did smoked on the already narrow steep steps and blocked going up and down out of the hostel. Our room in side smelt so bad from all the smoke coming in. The staff for most part were nice. It's location not so good it's kinda far from everything.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4