Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

- Hostel is not non-smoker friendly with cigarettes and joints right beside the stairwell - Worked for me but had a non-smoking friend, it really bothered her which I understand. - Showers had a funky smell - Building itself was very interesting and unique (especially if you're not European - loved it

• 17th May 2015

The hostel was not close to the city center, however it was really vlose to the tram stop. With tram it takes only 15 mins to the center. Hostel was actually good but the number of the showers and toilets were not enough.

This is one of the cheapest in town! It is for you if you are looking for an average place to stay with cheap price. There is only one common area so most of the times it is packed with people, which is also the place to eat. No wifi in the room.

Very good accommodation. would come again in future

• 15th May 2015

If your looking for a really affordable place to sleep when in AmsterdamAmsterdam, this will fit the bill. Except for weekends maybe when prices shoot up everywhere in the city.

Dear Sayak, Thank you very much for your stay and your nice comment. I am happy to read that you like Amigo's You are always welcome to stay with us in the future! Greetings, Casa

I was very surprised by this hostel. Our room was very clean, as were the toilets and showers. The staff were also very helpful. There were lockers in the room which are great to have. There were not many toilets, however I was never waiting, so there were likely more somewhere I didn't see. The only complaint was that the common area was a bit small and got crowded in the stairwell to get in and out, but over all I was very pleased with the hostel (and I have high standards for cleanliness)

Amigo The showers are awesome. The common room was not very big, so not the greatest to chill in. The rooms were nice, clean with windows, small lockers and a sink. It is very near a grocery store and there is two really nice parks near by. But its a little far from other things. There are a few shops, but its mainly a nice calm residential neighbourhood.

Great location with a tram stop just outside. Friendly staff and was very clean! Also beds are surprisingly comfortable. Theres a lot of stairs and theyre all very steep, was difficult to carry baggage up there. Also was difficult to get in the shower, had to wait a while sometimes so its best to shower at non peak times

• 8th May 2015

It was very basic, didn't have much to it. But the staff were nice, they'd put me in the wrong room so when I changed I received a free drink and crisps

The hostel was in an ideal location for us, tram was 10 mins into the centre from rite outside the front door! The staff were real friendly and helpful, did everything we required! Wouldn't recommend this place for elderly people or people that struggle with stairs as the stairs into this place are nearly vertical! Tricky after a few drinks also! Other than that it's fine for wot u pay for, perfect for our stag do!

• 7th May 2015

It is really a decent hostel for the price you pay. Bear in mind about the location though if you're walking as it is a few kilometres away from city centre. Sheets and rooms are clean overall. It looked like it was just refurbished. Power outlets very placed at awkward places in the room. Toilet is a bit too small for my liking but the shower was spacious. Thumbs up to the staff for being helpful and knowledgeable. All in all a good stay.

Very nice staff, everything clean and good location. Absolutly worth the money!

• 5th May 2015

Thank you very much for your time to give this nice comment! I am happy to read that you had a good stay with us! You are always welcome to stay with us in the future :) Amigo Team

Not bad, all belongings etc were safe and access would be hard for a non-resident, staff friendly and welcoming, stais very steep but thats common in Amsterdam! Communal smoking area would be nice but cant have everything! would go back

• 30th Apr 2015

Overall pretty good hotel, only thing is watch out for the key deposit. They ask you for 10 euros key deposit and write on your receipt "No deposit" so when you check out and you ask for your 10 euro back they tell you you didn't give them any money. Got cheated out of 10 euros that one. Be careful.

This is a regular hostel with good cost/benefit. The staff is kind, it's not dirty (average) and have good atmosphere. But it's not that close to the city center, there is just one bathroom per floor (lots of people in each one) and just 2 sockets for lot's of beds.

Thank you very much for taiking some time for your review. I am happy to read that you had a good stay with us. We are just 10 minutes away from the partyarea with the tram, so we are not so far from the city. Also we have more showers and tiolets. I think you did not see them, but they are on diffirent sides behind diffirent rooms. You are always welcome to stay with us in the future! Greetings, Amigo team

hostel is basic but functionel!!!! the stairs are a bit of a mission but the rooms are spacious enough!!! particular thanks to caza for findings all my things and looking after them!!!!!!

Dear Sophie, Thank you very much for your stay. I am happy to read that you had a good stay with us. After a big party you might use your stuff, but we are here to keep everything safe! You are always welcome to stay with us in the future!! See you maybe in Barcelona!!! Greetings, Caza

Too many stairs. People smoke in from of the entrance all the time though it's prohibited. Wifi very bad Clean roooms and bathrooms.

Really small rooms and only one shower for the entire floor. Not particularly clean. However the staff were nice enough and even though it's not in the city centre, it's only a short tram trip away.

Wifi didn't work at all on upper floors, when told it was available all over the hostel.

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

When we arrived at the hostel in the morning after a long travel we were refused entry to the reception even though the website said 24 hour reception. We were told that although the reception was technically open he was sleeping whilst working and thus we could not occupy the reception space. We remained polite and friendly, but the receptionist was very rude and nearly shouted at us for disturbing his sleep. We ended up going back into the city to find a new hostel.

• 12th Apr 2015