Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Amigo Hostel was a great place to stay at. Very nice and helpful staff and you feel very welcome when you check in. The hostel has a good location. A little bit outside the city center but close enough to walk to. It's fairly priced and I'd recommend it to anyone who is going to Amsterdam.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Iceland

i stayed here, wtih the ebs course one month! this is an amazing hostel! after my stay i booked one extra night in this hostel. i reccomend this place to everybody! you meet a lot of people from arround the world. the guys from the reception are like my brothers now! Appi, Casa And Abdel rulezzz!

• 29th Jun 2015

Won't come back this hostel next time

Amsterdam is not cheap. This hostel is on the more expensive side, but overall cheap for Amsterdam. That being said, for a cheap hostel it's great. Everything is clean and the staff is incredibly helpful. Be aware that there are a lot of stairs. If you have low mobility, I don't recommend it. The showers were great! The wifi didn't work most of the time we were there, but they said they were working on it. The beds are very small for a couple. There are many cheap options for food in the area.

This hostel is amazing! Great atmosphere and amazing staff Shout out to appi, he helped me a lot!!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This place comes with a disclaimer: don't go here if you don't like smoking. Lots of people smoking spliffs and cigs on the stairs. I didn't mind and that being said, this place is not too bad at all. It was pretty clean, they do a thorough job every day in the afternoon and this has the largest shower I've seen in a hostel. Snacks available at the front desk and the people working there were overall pretty friendly. Some good markets, coffee shops, and laundry places nearby. Overall recommend.

The Amigo Hostel was ideally situated for me. Close to supermarkets and the No 9 tram. Casa was most helpful and accommodating. I had a single room, so a mirror and a hook to hang up some clothes would have made it a perfect stay .

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

When we eventually found the place the initial steps into the property are dangerous to say the least. As we arrived before check-in we were told we could leave our bags in the 'luggage room' which was an unsecured open broom cupboard piled high with bags. We didn't use this facility for fear of breaking fragile objects in our bags. The rooms were not great and there were only 5 lockers provided for a 6 person room. Toilets were a joke and the showers were unsatisfactory. DO. NOT. GO. THERE.

This was a very average hostel. Very few outlets in the room and the wifi was spotty. It was the least expensive place I could find, though, so I guess you got value for your money.

Staff was helpful. We got there too early, but they asked the cleaners to go faster as they saw we were exhausted.

+ Cheap price + Close to centrum/city - Very bad sound-cancellation in the rooms which made it hard to get any sleep - The hostels WiFi didn't work at all so we had to go to different bars/restaurants to get internet access - Only one bathroom shared amongst everyone and no mirror in there It's an alright hostel if you want to save some money but I wouldn't go there again if I went to Amsterdam.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Customer service is awful. Email correspondence are rude and snarky.

If you ever travelled to south america you would rate this hostel as five stars, hostel is honest, is far from center but the tram makes for it, you can meet quite a lot of people there, theres no breakfast, its not quiet, internet sucks but showers were awesome and very clean, bedroom was clean and nice. I would recommend it for sure.

The hostel is on an okay location. You can access central Amsterdam by the no 9 tram which takes about 10 minutes. Bathroom facilities weren't great. There weren't enough toilets and they were often flooded. Security was good and the staff were excellent and really helpful. I would stay here again if I couldn't get a hostel more central.

• 17th Jun 2015

The room was too small for 8 persons and the toilets was way too small even for an small/skinny Asian girl. There's only 2 shower room for each floor and almost always someone is in there so it was pretty difficult to take a shower.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Everything was perfect other than the wifi was terrible

• 14th Jun 2015

Limited bathrooms and shower space, one each per floor. Individual lockers in each room. No kitchen, but there's a microwave. Distant from the city center, but right next to the tram line ~15min to city center.

I am covered in bed bug / flea bites fromantic the hostel. On top of this the guy who manned the reception desk was rude and tried to con me out of my key deposit and proceeded to argue with me that I had already received it. Facilities and security were horrendous. Would NOT stay again in million years! AVOID

• 13th Jun 2015

No locker, one bathroom for too many people, stuff clean the dishes at 3 am in the night in this bathroom! Very expensive for watch you get 40€ for one night! internet is not really working, there's one router for 30 people

Dear Guest, Thak you for your time to write this comment. I think you have it wrong, because your bathroom was just for your room and a other room that has just 4 persons. So 9 persons for 1 bathroom is reasonable. About the internet, we had some problems but we fixed it already. Next time you are more than welcome and the internet will be nvery good and we will show you more bathrooms. thanks again.

very helpful