Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you're fussy, high maintenance, need hot showers with high pressure shower heads and are super clean yet also happen to be rock bottom broke most of the time then stay here! It ticked all the boxes on a budget!

• 28th Jan 2016

Great place! Small but super cozy and homey. Staff are very friendly and helpful as well. A gem in this touristy city!

Awful, just awful. I stayed there only for one night (was considering a second night but no). Room was TINY, even by Amsterdam space standards, which are low to begin with. Claustrophobia comes to mind here. Second, my room didn't get the wifi signal as it was at the end of the building. When I addressed this with the front desk, he simply COULD CARE LESS. They couldn't be bothered and all they want is your money. RUDE RUDE RUDE service. NEVER EVER AGAIN. TRAVELERS BEWARE. HORRIBLE.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Mexico

Beware of some of the steepest stairs in Europe. Other than that, and a bit of cleanliness issue (probably due to guests rather than negligence from staff), excellent place, value for money. I had a tough time taking my luggage up and down those stairs, but other than that, an excellent place.

• 24th Dec 2015
  • India

Location is not bad. Corridors were very narrow, stairs was very steep and it was hard to pass.Walls were very disgusting.Rooms are very small for 8 people. Lockers was so small that everybody had to leave their stuff outside in the room. Toilets are clean but so small. And when i came in to room 2nd night somebody took my bed accidently and last bed had dirty linens. When i told this to reception guy he told me to change linens by myself because he couldnt leave reception for even 10 min.

The staff was very nice, they help us with our baggage because of the stairs.... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! The blankets of my bed smells a little bit dirty, but we were so tired, wasn't a big problem. We will definitely go again.

The toilets are like the tiniest i have ever seen in my life, wonder how people even use that. Made my life horrible

We mostly had a nice stay, except the wifi stinks! And a mouse ate through one of our bags (and a plastic bag and the food wrapper!) and nibbled on some of our goodies that were gifts, not so chuffed. I get that mice are around which is fine, a little warning might have been nice as we could tell someone knew about the mice as there were signs of trying to stop em. It's not working haha! Beds were absolutely awesome though! Best sleep ever!!

• 17th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Amanda, Thank you very much for your time to write this comment. I am really sorry about the mice. We did not know that we had one. This is the furst complain about the mice. We will do everything to fix this issue. Thanks again.

clean, friendly, especially casa.

• 14th Dec 2015

Its a good hostel, full of friendly people and its not too far from amsterdam central. The guy on the reception is very friendly and help you everytime you need.

• 4th Dec 2015

Cold, showers were out of service and there was no security. the locks on our room was broken and the door to keep the riff raff out (which usually needs an electronic key) was taped so that it would stay open. they tried to double charge me even though i paid in cash for our entire group. just a poor place to stay. pay for better hostels, this place is no good .

• 25th Nov 2015

I arrived a day early and the hostel was fully booked, but the guy at reception was so kind and called around for a place that I could stay at for the night. Thanks again!

In overall a ok place to stay. Only proper negative was that we had booked ourselves 2 beds in a 6 people dorm but got put in to a 8 people dorm 'cause they "couldn't fit us both in the same room". We did not get any kind of refund.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Amigo is in a great location and is great value for money. Lost of travellers to bond with and the staff are awesome! Appi (staff member) we see you next time!

I had my own private room and believed this would make my belongings harder to steal. I was wrong. Thankfully nothing of mine was stolen, but the door to my room would not lock and could be opened by simply pushing on it.

Overall an okey hostel,close to the tram! The rooms are nice and fairly clean!

First of all the staff is very unpleasant, we arrived at 10am, the hour agreed on Hostel World, the staff was basically indifferent and told us to came back at 2pm,with our bags in our back, ok.The arrival stairs are the most awful thing that i have ever seen,everything its dirty in the hotel(for what we could see),the photos are too deceiving,smells weed everywhere.The area it is a very poor area and bad appearance, we dint feel safe over there.They have credit our money and we didn't stay!!

• 7th Nov 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A very bad atmosphere, the staff had 1 completely unpolite man. I was robbed inside the hostel and the responsable said that couldnt do anything.... just after getting the cellphone to call the police he did something and could solve the situation. I really hope never more be back in this hostel.

The bathroom is absolutely ridiculously small. Could hardly fit in the individual stall on the fourth floor.

• 26th Oct 2015

Good enough location, staff helpful enough. Lockers in dorms, but bring your own padlock. The rooms were small, the toilet cramped. The beds were not wide, but quite comfortable. We had to change dorms after one night, no explanation provided. In one dorm there was no stepladder to reach the top bunks, just stools. Another thing that I missed is a hook on the inside of the shower door to hang your clothes on. Also in the rooms, hooks are a good idea.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4