Amigo Hostel Amsterdam Reviews

Linnaeusstraat 199-201, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very very expensive, very dirty, very noisy

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel was nice and the staff was pleasant. I have two bad things to say about my stay. First of all I smelled smoke everywhere even though it wasn't allowed in the hostel. Second I had a really hard time sleeping at night, since people where opening and closing doors all the time. I don't blame the people, I blame the hostel for having so many doors. Seriously to go to the bathroom I had to open 8 doors there and back again. But apart from that, nice hostel!

Awesome comfortable beds, exactly what you should expect from a hostel!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great hostel for that money. Pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the shower, toilets and rooms. Free linen. One negative thing steep staircase, which constantly smoking weed.

You really need to upgrade your wi-fi router. In many rooms, wi-fi signal was too weak to be connected. What it worse, it did not work when lots of people try to connect at the same time: many guests could not use wi-fi. Also, outlet for electicity was a bit limited for everyone to easily use.

Young, wild and free? That's the spirit over there, so if you are into some fun, definitely hit this place.

Clean rooms, lockers in the room, only one shower for each floor, extremely steep stairs but that's Amsterdam for you! Easy to access city centre via tram right outside the hostel. Had a nice stay here!

Had a great time!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • India

Thank you very much for taking your time for this nice comment. If you like to stay with us in the future you are more than welcome. greetings, amigo's team

Terrible. AFter the first night which went well, the second night we walked into our room to find that other people were on our beds, our belongings had been removed, Staff had made a mess with bookings and to fix other customers problems they moved us out. When we asked what was going on, they tried to put me and my girlfriend in different dorms. The staff is too stoned to take care of business. Also, it's best to pay more and stay in the center, as transport is expensive.

Amigo Hostel was farther away from the center of Amsterdam than I had expected. The only outlets in the room were located next to the door, so I didn't feel comfortable leaving my phone plugged in overnight (which was necessary for travel/work contact-ability issues) The shower was ok, but for some reason there were several girls in the hallway using a hairdryer around a hall outlet so it made it a bit awkward for my boyfriend to take a shower. The guys smoking on the steps were annoying.

One thing I didn't like was that they made you write down your passport number. The stairs are INSANE. Do not attempt them after a few drinks. Besides that you get what you pay for, nothing fancy but for $13 a night I couldn't complain, oh except for the lack of curtains, inability to sit up in bed because of the low ceiling and the mold...

We do apologise if you stay with us wasnt all fullfiling as we would of liked it to be, the reason we asked for you passport number is because we rather have that than a copy like all the other hostels do, the stairs are preety insane, but some how we have manage to avoid any accidents. Sorry you could not sit on the bed because our low ceeling but at 3 meters i wouldnt say ius low. Thanks for you stay and if you decide to stay with us again, we will be more than welcome to host you again :)

this hostel is amazing! i liked it very much, i'm italian and this is my first time in a hostel. i have met a lot of people in the lobby of the hostel. everyone talks to you, you will feel like your home! the guys from the reception are very cool, Casa helped me a lot with their free city map, he showed us the whole town! i will defenitely return to amigo! keep up guys! See you within 3 months!

• 24th Sep 2014

Like others, we had to change our room during our stay in the hostel. Sometimes the staff changed the room of other persons when they weren't even present and just took their stuff and carried it to another room. Furthermore, we had to sleep in a room with a +40 man who slept naked and refused to put some clothes on, even after we asked him to do so several times. We tried to talk to a member of the staff but he couln't understand our problem at all!

A terrible review, because I was treated the same. I moved to another room my last day. Later in the evening, I moved back. When a guest realizes that the staff could not count heads correctly *before* the staff, something is wrong. I was treated terribly. Same as the people who had to give up a bunk. And the people woken up in the room at 1AM. I understand that mistakes happen, but when staff hand wave the mistake away, it's not just unprofessional, it's incompetent.

if i start talking about this hostel i will never stop! just let me say that this was one of the best hostel i've ever been! 10 min away from the city centre and very easy to reach with tram. free WIFI, city maps, cutlery and sometimes we even had free food from the guys of amigo! staff was very helpfull especially Appi he is a very helpfull!

Amigo hostel one of the best hostels in Amsterdam! I liked my stay very much! The rooms are very clean, you even got cleaned sheets! I became friends with the staff especially Appi! He was very nice to us, he told us everything we have to know! I will come back for sure! Viva amigo!

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I have been to many hostels in my life and this one was by far the worst! It is absolutlely filthy, the beds are so crammed together that the one guys feet touched my face during the night. The bathrooms on our floor were so small that an average sized male would have a hard time sitting down on it. All I can say is DO NOT choose this hostel!

• 13th Sep 2014

I had a problem with this hostel. I booked by credit card and my credit card did not give the permission for the payment. The hostel told me by email, but not with enough time to solve the problem. They never answered my emails. So, this hostel has a problem with communication with costumers. The consequence was I lost my reservation and I knew that when I arrived there. They tried to solve the problem, but I had to use a different room that I had have booked.

• 12th Sep 2014

When we arrived they had moved us to their sister hostel 'Amsterdam Hostel Centre' due to a group of boys on mushrooms the night before trashing the room! The room was fine, 8 in a small room so it was very head to toe. Bathroom was standard cleanliness you'd expect from cheap hostel. However there were bed bugs!!! The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions though and watched films in the common room every night which was nice! No kitchen or cooking facilities!

• 10th Sep 2014

Had a nice stay at amigo. A healthy walk from the city centre is really he only downfall. The front desk man Sam was really helpful and made it possible for my sister and I to sleep in the same room together rather tha. Splitting up. It was really nice of him. He also knew answers to all our questions :)

Thank you very much for you stayed with us, we are always proud of our staff team, they are the best on what they do. Sam he does knows everything some how, is a secret he wont tell us. Wish you all the best in you travels.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4