Amour de Riad Reviews

109 derb Jamaa Derb Dabachi, medina, Marrakech, Morocco

I stayed in the single bedroom. It was rather basic but does its job. It was quiet and I had a good night sleep.

Lovely Riad, great location! The owner is very welcoming and the lady who serves breakfast and cleans (can't recall her name!) is wonderful. Easy to find and you feel secure! The rooms are clean and bathroom spacious! There are fans in the room and some rooms have outdoor windows. The roof terrace is a great get-away from the crazy city, complete with a tortoise!! Great find, we extended our stay and came back in a few times! Defiantly recomend!

The Riad is very close to Jemaa el Fna square. The staff are very nice and warm. They also booked my 3days 2nights desert tour for only 700dirhams. Although it was extremely hot in the desert, I consider my visit to the desert as one of the most beautiful travel experience.

Had an enjoyable stay here and Hussein (the guy in charge) was very helpful and friendly. Everything was clean and slept very well at night with the overhead fan on. The single room was small but totally adequate and enabled me to recover from the intense chaos of Marrakesh and thought it was good value. Can definitely recommend this place if looking for a quiet relaxed place in the heart of Marrakesh.

The room doesn't have too much space, so it is better if you're not traveling alone and you get the whole room for you. The staff is very kind, and the breakfast was really good.

I stayed at the riad for four nights with three friends. The location is absolutely perfect (very close to the Jemaa el Fna square), but what mainly made our stay so enjoyable was the helpful and hospitable spirit of the hosts. Lahoucine and Jaffar were super helpful in recommending places to eat and visit and they even helped us find the right person to do our henna tattoos! I also loved the little turtle that lives there and the terrace, where we slept under the stars for a couple of nights.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Comfortable and clean. Only point of critique: There were no towels availabe (event we got one for two on request eventually), which was not to be expected from the description on the website.

HI THERE WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT BEFORE YOU BOOKED YOU CAN SEE THAT TOWELS ARE NOT INCLUDED REGARDS

Super cool guys, wealth of info for things to do in the area. Very clean facilities and cool rooftop to watch the sun set! highyl recommend, Hussein and Jaffar are excellent hosts!

• 4th Jun 2014

While most hostels in Morocco are hidden away in medina's and therefor difficult to find, finding this place was a piece of cake (you just take the most Northeastern street off the Jamaa El Fna square and than the third street to the right). A quiet hostel, friendly staff and very clean. The breakfast is a nice opportunity to meet the other guests and share some experiences. The roof terrace lacks a great view but has comfortable couches (don't step on the turtle!). Solid Wi-Fi too.

Great location near the main square. Loved the bright colours and it was nicely decorated. Bathroom was very clean. My only complaint would be that the sheets and pillows were very old and ratty.

This is a very pleasant hostel in a Riad near Jeema el Fna. Though it is pretty central it is a little hard to find but I don't fault them for this as pretty much everything in the Medina is hard to find. The terrace is also a nice addition. Keep your eyes peeled for the turtle!

Everyone was very gentle, really really nice riad to stay! toilets, and everything in general were very clean, Strongly recommended!! one thing, nothing to do with the hostel, if its dark and you get lost, any children would take you there, just tip them with 10-20 Dirhams (they will ask for more, but that is a fair tip). First time you may get lost because the Medina is a labyrinth, but once you find your self in there is really easy to find.

Slightly hard to find, but great location. Quiet hostel, good atmosphere, but older and more reserved crowd (at least when we were there). Room was small, but clean. The bathroom door in our private double was a curtain, maybe a problem for some (ie. stagefright) Hussein helped us book a 3-day desert tour at 700DH (cheaper than prices we saw in the medina). H

• 24th May 2014

Great Riad for the price range. Very close to the square but also very quiet. Staff a very friendly, welcoming and helpful (note: only the guy who works nights speaks English). We ended up staying a couple of times, both occasions in doubles. Found room 3 the better of the two, bit smaller but a bit quieter during the day (the other was room 4). Good basic breakfast included.

Very simple but very nice

• 17th May 2014

The atmosphere in the hostel was very welcoming and friendly as the hostel is very small and the owners are very nice. The location might be a little hard to find at the beginning but it is very central in old town although still protected from noise and crowds. The owners were also were endeavoured to show us a good time by giving us good tips for restaurants and bars.

Hi a very nice stay at Amour de Riad. The location was a bit difficult to find after leaving the airport, so its a good idea to contact the staff ahead of time to have them meet you. The single room was very tiny but it worked and was definitely a good value for the money. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend the hostel if you're planning a trip to Marrakech.

• 2nd May 2014

I was traveling for only one night and I was alone, so I did not have time to make a full accessment of the place. But my impression is that the place is nice. The only problem what that my room was too small. The hosteliers were very laid-back and relaxed. It is a good place to stay.

Excellent Riad. We has reserved only for the first night so that we could look at other riads but we were overly satisfied with this one and decided to stay our remaining days here. Very cozy, the staff is super friendly! If you go, send my regards to Jeffar and Zara!

• 9th Apr 2014