Amour de Riad Reviews

109 derb Jamaa Derb Dabachi, medina, Marrakech, Morocco

I was traveling for only one night and I was alone, so I did not have time to make a full accessment of the place. But my impression is that the place is nice. The only problem what that my room was too small. The hosteliers were very laid-back and relaxed. It is a good place to stay.

Hussein was very kind and picked me up from the main square. In terms of improvements you need to put soap in the toilets and make it easier to access the terrace. Overall though, i had a good time at the hostel.

Nice staff and rest/breakfastroom (easy to get in contact with other travellers), very plain room, but bad smell in the room and pretty cold. We're a family - your categories about us doesn't fit.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Norway
  • Mixed Group, 41+

My friends double room was ok but my single room was far too small and basic and with no facilities! The decor was very interesting but the location was well shall we say difficult. You do not want to have a car.

you booked 2 single rooms and we give you a double room without charging you for the extra, if your room is small means that you booked it and you know how much you pay for it.

Great traditional place to stay in Marrakech and in a perfect location. Totally recommend it!

Great place to stay to get the traditional Moroccan experience with very friendly and accommodating staff! I will definitely stay there again in my next visit.

Good location, near to the square. Big breakfast, with an excellent tea. Nice staff. Booked a single room, too small, no desk. The toilet on the first floor and the shower on the second don't have lockers.

Rooms have not doors for wc. They are also small and have only windows from inside. Breakfasts are always the same bread, marmelade, juice and tea. On roof you have terrace, but the view from there is not good. Staff is really friendly and helpful. The problem is only that you should ask them for towels and toilet paper, because there arent any in rooms. The location is very good.

dear customer, before you booked you can see that towels are not included, we just give it to you for free.

The riad was conveniently located, but the atmosphere and cleanliness poor.

Good Location, nice, clean rooms. Dont take the doubelbed-room at groundfloor. It's very noisy and the kitchenlight shines directly into your room. There is basically no staff during the day that can help you. If there is staff, then earliest after 9pm and they talk loud, smoke (goes in your room) and listen to music (until 2.30am). we did not get much sleep, because the room on the ground floor is next to the hangout area. breakfast is ok. staff does not know more than lonely planet.

This could easily be the best place to stay in Marrakech, and it is extremely cheap. Amazing Moroccan breakfast (bread, crepe, orange juice, tea...), which is included in the price, helpful staff (I had some problems with my credit card and they did all they could to help) and good facilities (my room was a bit small, but it is a riad, that is how they are built). Besides, it is only five minutes far from Djemaa el Fna, at the end of a long small alley. No problems to get there at night, though.

Enjoyed our stay very much.

The guy there was very helpful, they came to pick me up to the airport as my flight was landing quite late in the night and had no problems. It was clean, though single rooms are quite small. Breakfast was ok, and the location, just 5 minutes from Djema el Fnaa Square. I would recommend it.

This hostel is located very conveniently in the heart of the medina. It has undeniable charm and comfort and the staff are so helpful and friendly! The rooftop patio is perfect for ending an evening in the square. Bathrooms and bedrooms are all very clean and breakfast was delicious too! Great value for the money, you won't want to leave!

• 27th Jul 2013

Very friendly staff!! They remember us after more than year from out last stay! I made a mistake while I was booking in the webpage (2 singles room instead a double room) and they managed over their possibilities to provide us a double room :) Multilingual, kind and open to start a pleasant chat beside a glass of delightful arabic tea. Tasty, healthy and huge breakfast!! One of the best location in Marrakech (just 3 mins walking from Jemaa el Fna square)

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Cute character property with good feel. Nice and quiet but very close to markets. Would have loved an air conditioner as it got hot in the room even with the fan going. Well priced though and overall pleasant stay :)

• 9th Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice place to stay, friendly staff (some French, some English speaking), and very close to Jamaa el Fna, the main square. Needless to say, it can get very hot in marrakech. Combined with proper shower usage, one might create a tropical, humid habitat. The perfect setting for an 'exotic' night. Or afternoon, for that matter :)

Our stay was great; as soon as we arrived we felt at ease. This was totally because of the lovely people and calm atmosphere: everyone was really sweet about helping us out with everything from taxis to useful Arabic phrases. Lahoucine in particular was friendly and welcoming each time he saw us.The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. We were on the first floor, in a double room with a bathroom: those that aren't v.close friends should know there's only a curtain separating the two rooms!

• 8th Apr 2013

Don´t even try to find it on your own. Sure you will get lost. Better take a guide immediately. But once you`ve oriented yourself, you will appreciate the location

Good value for price. Basic. Very difficult to locate without having a local guide.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7