Fabulous 2,276 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,276 Total Reviews
Amstel House Hostel Located at Waldenserstr. 31, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin 10551 Waldenserstr. 31
83% 2276
52.5284216 13.3366726
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Sep 2016
8.0

The bar and breakfast area is nice, and I really liked the guest kitchen. The staff were friendly. Not a particularly sociable hostel but I think that was because I didn't spend too much time in the bar and my roommates were OK I really liked this hostel and I would recommend it, Close enough to the city centre via U-bahn. Only negative was having to put your own sheets on your bed which I thought was kinda strange and the showers weren't great but thats not a deal breaker for me!

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
17th Sep 2016
7.7

Its very clean and the beds are comfortable, but everything is grey and old. Quite big hostel. Surrounding is nice. They offer okay breakfast for 5,50Euro. They have an okay kitchen one can use.

13th Sep 2016

I really enjoyed my stay there.. Ended up staying an extra might. Near the metro, nice neighborhood, friendly staff, nice common area. The dorms are big, not super amazing but it works. Bathroom was near the dorm. Co Ed showers. I would stay again

• Australia, Male, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

Very secure and clean, breakfast for €5:50 was great! Plenty of opportunities for solo travelers to meet people, staff were very helpful. Wifi was fast throughout the building. It is located fairly close to the city centre but still abit of a walk, it's a lovely area and was a nice walk anyway. Next time I come to Berlin I will definitely stay here again. Dankeshön!

11th Sep 2016

Too far away

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2016

This hostel was a great place to stay- the staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was clean and beds very comfortable! The communal area was very clean and nicely decorated, nice outdoor courtyard too. The location is in a nice part of Berlin, very peaceful but with some good restaurants and bars nearby. Very green neighbourhood with lots of trees. Will definitely be back!!

• jesselliott5585
  • USA, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
9th Sep 2016
7.4

This hostel has the potential to be really awesome. There were 100s of teenagers when I was there, which meant backpackers weren't hanging out in the common area, so it was hard to be social and meet people. Wi-fi is good; beds are comfy. You can buy breakfast, but the only day I did, everything was out (even the coffee) and the lady doing it was so frazzled for being by herself that nothing got replenished. When I told the desk, they went and scolded her, rather than help her. Close to metro.

9th Sep 2016

I messed up the reservation and showed up a day early. Luckily they had a bed available, unfortunately it was a 4 person ensuite which was almost double what I wanted to pay. Also they kind of price scalp on the weekends. For example on Thursday I payed 14€ and Saturday almost 45€! So check prices. This is a very cool hostel but is kinda far from the nearest S-Bahn station (like a 20 minute walk) But I met the coolest people here. I took the pub crawl and had a fantastic night. You should stay!

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
8th Sep 2016
4.6

Do not book a room with an "ensuite". It is a sink. There is a bar close by that stays open till late. Great if you want to go out. Not great if you want to sleep. Not a very social atmosphere like I've experienced in other hostels.

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Sep 2016
7.4

Very clean. Staff didn't seem to enjoy their jobs or enjoy helping us. Family hostel with quiet hours after 10.