Amstel House Hostel Reviews

Waldenserstr. 31, Berlin, Germany

There's no wifi in the rooms, only downstairs, which was very inconvenient. The vibe was great and the bar seemed very social. Breakfast was good, but service was slow. Overall, it was a great hostel to stay at and I would definitely book it again.

Great hostel to stay at because the atmosphere and facilities were good. Actually, we booked a private shared bathroom but ended up staying in a private with bathroom for the same price. Friedly peeps and good vibes. Bikes available, bar, BBQ, decent breakfast and free walking tour.

• 23rd Jul 2015

I loved my stay at Amstel House. The room was basic but comfortable and more importantly clean! Nice communal area and garden for meeting people. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Berlin.

• 21st Jul 2015

Great hostel to meet people. Staff very helpful and polite. Toilets clean, beds comfy and cupboards good storage area. Not the easiest hostel to find, perhaps a few more road signs could be added to help this? And the cleaner could sometimes be loud when cleaning the toilet across the hall at midnight. But Overall the atmosphere at the hostel was good, a lot of people of a similar age at the hostel to meet so this cancels out the negatives.

The location is outside of city center, but it's easily accessible by the nearby U-Bahn station. The hostel happy hour is a definite perk, and the staff is helpful, but there is no WiFi in the rooms. It's intentional, and otherwise the wifi is good, but the only place to use the Internet is the common areas. Also, a lot of school groups.

My stay at Amstel House Hostel was good! It was my first time staying in a hostel, and for the price I think it was a good value. I was able to have a comfortable home base while I explored Berlin. I would stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2015

I really enjoyed my stay in Amstel House! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly! The bar downstairs was great for meeting people and had happy hour every evening between 6 and 8!!!👍🏼 The rooms were really clean and fresh sheets were given to us on arrival! Although the hostel was in a really nice location it was very far from Berlin nightlife! There's a good transport system but when we were there they were working on the lines so it took two hours to get to the other side of the city!

• 17th Jul 2015

Even I've stayed on 12 people dorm it was quiet showers were working and I never had to wait for them. Staff super helpful and friendly. Not so good - breakfast cost additional 5€ but beet only 1.5€ on happy hour. Will stay again next year.

great staff here, fun to talk to, friendly, and full of advice for the city. not much of an atmosphere, but i wasn't there for the cool event nights. good place, happy with my stay there

Everything was good! Neighborhood was ok and near a metro station, rooms also ok (the floor a bit dirty though for 3 days), staff very polite and helpful! Enormous common room (I'd rather like something smaller and more cosy to meet easier other people) and a bar for drinking. Although a bit expensive (maybe because of summertime) I would consider staying there again.

Bit out of town, but the metro is easy enough to navigate, and if you get a multiday ticket like I did, not an issue. Staff are brilliant, facilities are solid too. Basic beds and lockers. But of a mixed crowd, had some younger (school age) staying while I was there, but again, not a huge issue

Great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, nice facilities. Breakfast was a good deal for the price and selection. Storage was convenient. Wish we could have had time for on- site bike rental. Only thing that could be improved was to have wifi available in rooms instead of just the lobby. Oh, and elevator wasn't working, so had to walk up 4 flights, but it was great built-in exercise!

This hostel was huge! The staff were really quite rude to us, despite being loud and raucous throughout the night. The bathrooms were not clean and the wifi only (barely) worked in the lobby. It is quite far out of town but close enough to transport. However, due to the rudeness of the staff, I would not stay here again.

I booked a female-only room and on one of the nights I was there, a man slept in our room. I guess the hostel was crowded but this should not have happened. Also, the internet is really a problem. It is either extremely slow or does not work at all.

Dear guest, you are right! That was our mistake and not our intention. We apologize! The WiFi was down that week end and is fixed now. We are sorry that not everything was allright during your stay. Next time please let us know if we made a mistake in order to give us the chance to amend the situtation. We wish you a great summer! House Hostel Berlin

One of the best hostel I've ever been to! Simple as that.

A very social hostel but poor location. The bar/pool table etc is a brilliant way to meet people to hang out with but going out with those people is a pain. It takes at least half an hour into town on public transport but at night when everything is less frequent it took over an hour. 4-6 mins to the tube stop is a lie, more like 10 (still not bad but worth knowing). Tbc...

Very big hostel with a lot of people which makes it a lot less personal, kitchen was ideal and they offered a washing service which they did themselves. Keycards made security perfect and they had a cool underground bit with table tennis. Location not ideal but the area was fairly close to the main station, 20 minutes or so. Had a tube stop nearby so travel was easy enough.

It's a nice and clean place to live, good if you are wish to stay about a week in berlin and want to have a good night sleep at night to stay fresh at night. The staff is polite. I stayed for a day here. The place is about 35-45min away from alexander platz. If you have your own car or moped then it's a good place to live.

It is a nice hostel with good facilities, especially lots of seating downstairs by the bar and the kitchen. It is a weird size though, it's somewhere between being big enough or small enough that everyone talks to each other. If you're into nightlife Moabit is not the part of Berlin you should be staying in, and we did have a fairly convoluted journey back to the hostel at 3am one morning! Security is good but our room had a balcony and huge door which anyone could have got through.

The Berlin hostel was very clean and great staff. Only thing I'd say is that you can't get wifi in the bedrooms so would have to go downstairs to send emails / whatsapps / check Facebook etc. I know it's not the worse thing but it wasn't made very clear. Other than that it was a great stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4