Amstel House Hostel Reviews

Waldenserstr. 31, Berlin, Germany

Good hostel. The atmosphere is not really nice cause everyone who goes downstairs end up only accessing the Wifi, not talking to each other. Cheap prices at the bar, great facilities (table tennis, billiards), great bathrooms. If you're on a budget you should stay here (consider the public transport prices in Berlin 1.7-3.3e)

Very good, the kitchen facilities are great, the only disadvantage is that the WiFi only works in the common area, but I can live with that, especially for that price.

Even it's not well located, you'll find 5minutes walking a metro station wich you can move to the main lines, the staff is really hepfully with any inquire you could have! Very recommended if you go Berlin

Great and very helpful staff. They were very knowledgable about Berlin and the area. It was nice that they offered breakfast and dinner yet still had a kitchen for use. Location is dificult but if you don't mind taking the metro it's not a problem. It's about an hour walk to the center. Only major negative was the wifi situation. It's only available in the lobby which would be fine, but often didn't work and was very slow.

The staff was very nice, but they often left out information when telling you about something. Another thing is certain areas of the hostel weren't as clean as they could have been. No wifi SERIOUSLY detracted from my experience. It is available in the lobby, but that makes it very hard to do anything online if you want or need some quiet.

Good facility and staff. Wifi only in the common room unless you luck out and are in room 101. Social if you want it to be

Place is great for party travellers or the norm. Great common area and good staff that know what's up. No WiFi in rooms is the biggest killer and not in a great spot but Berlin public transport is on point so that's not too much of an issue.

Gotta love this place. Friendly, efficient staff with 24hr bar onsite.

Only stayed here one night but the staff were really nice. The key card kept demagnetizing which was annoying at 3 in the morning when I had to go all the way down to reception and get it fixed. But other than that a decent place, especially if you are traveling with others.

Location was average, had to catch the metro to get anywhere. The hostel itself had great facilities, awesome bar but that meant people in the hostel stayed up very late and were very loud. Not the best beds for a couple.

Thank you for making our trip special! Best stuff ive ever seen, maybe better instructions for munchie-machine would be solething to improve!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Very good breakfast!

Aside from the hostel being away from most activities and sites we had a nice stay. Kitchen and dining/hang out areas were nice.

I had NO complaints about the staff. The $5 breakfast was completely worth it. Old building. It was freezing in my room, and the blankets are super tiny. Also the walls are very thin. You hear everything going on in the hallway.

Clean and arty.

My room had a horrible cigarettes smell. That's an awful thing for a non-smoker like me. I'm pretty sure someone smoked there before I arrive, so they need to put some smoke detectors in the rooms! Only good thing was the €5 breakfast. Good thing I only stayed there one night.

Dear Nayara, thanks for your rating. We do not allow to smoke inside our building. Of course sometimes some guests do so. But that´s not the reason why we have fire detectors installed. We do this for security reasons in case of fire to better can guide the fire fighters. Anyway I am sorry that you didn´t tell us, so we probably could organize a better room for you.

Everything was pretty good. No breakfast included. Unfortunately, no wifi in the rooms. That's not nice.

Staffs are all very friendly and helpful. Great value-for-money, definitely recommend this hostel.

Great place!!! Super great location!! Great first time in Berlin!!

Decent hostel, friendly staff, nice rooms

« first « Prev 1 2 3