Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I read the other comments about the hostel and it seemed horrible but it's clean and worth the ten euros a night. The street isn't really that noisy and didn't prevent me from sleeping. The shower is small but that's ok and the staff is really nice and helpful especially Casa. The only bad thing about this hostel are the people I shared my room with but that has to be expected in a hostel.

• 24th Jan 2016

My expactation was not big for that hostel at first, but the service was very good! I booked for 2 nights, the bed was really comfortable and it was clean. And the location is excellent, it is very near to Leidseplein and the area was really nice. Thanks!

The location of the Hostel is nice, very close from the main night bars and Coffee shops of the city. Except that is not really great, the rooms are really small and there no 'Hostel' ambiance there, just sleep. The lack of heating for our first night at the 1st floor with a minus 1 degree outside wasn't great, hopefully after asking we got a better room but still quite small. I've been in better hostel for the same price.

• 16th Jan 2016

Only Arabic people at the reception, one of them Murat, was okay! The other ones quite weird, I had to ask for the receipt few times, and the Arabic guy was almost cursing on me for insisting on it. He was keep asking me to return in few minutes, after every 5 minutes, he was getting mad. Finally he gave me a receipt with another date..I've let it go. No breakfast.

• 7th Jan 2016
  • Romania

Very cramped. Showers and toilets were gross and there were not enough of them - only 1 per floor It was in a brilliant location though

Is a great place to stay but on one floor there is up to 18 people (if not more) and there's only one or two toilets. The staff are also great and really friendly! Aswell they give great discounts for local attractions!! It's also really close to great restaurants, cafes, pubs and attractions. The wifi is usually good but was a bit hit and miss in the morning for some reason! Overall it was great for the price we paid! I'll probably stay there again!

• 2nd Jan 2016

very nice staff, but very over priced as we stayed on new years day so the price of all hostels had gone up in price to more then double in some places.

The rooms haven't got ventilation so when you are sleeping you can harldy bread and if you open the window the noise is too heavy to sleep. The rooms are too small to put so many people in them. The only good thing is that you are near a lot of places.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Ok for a quick stay only. The smallest toilet ive ever seen and only one shower for numerous rooms. Sure there must be better places to stay.

The shower right next to the toilet was something I had to get used to... But there was hot water and the staff kept it really clean during my stay. There aren't much facilities other than that, but the staff was chill and understanding .... Can't complain

Was good ,into thè night you really can't make noise so good sleep and big room

Very well located for people who loves night life!! Even located in the night life place of Amsterdam in the room you dont listen any noise from outside.

Very dirty place, good location, no atmosphere at all, the hostel was more like an apartment and it had ony one bathroom for too many people, smelly room, smelly bathroom, they reallt need to get more staff since there is only one guy in the reception, not very friendly but helpfull, you can definitely get way better than this for the money, would never recommend this place.

Super accommodating! Great location too

• 22nd Nov 2015

A real decent hostel, staff are helpful and friendly. Good security. Would recommend if you're just looking for a bed with basic amenities. Just a note, toilets are small, if you're the kind who minds, but they work and they're clean.

I got Athlete's foot from the shower that was situated directly next to a toilet, and got at least 5 severe mosquito bites

The hostel is near a lot of touristics places in Amsterdam. Very easy to go everywhere walking. The cleaning wasnt enough. Bathrooms were always dirty and the beds really uncomfortable.

A basic and clean hostel in a fantastic location. Major concern though, right in the middle of my stay I was moved between rooms without warning, I returned back to the hostel one evening to find my stuff had moved downstairs into another room with different people. During the move my towel went missing permanently, whilst it's only a towel they refused to give me a replacement and it was the only towel I had with me. They had my mobile number and could have at least warned me what was happening

• 20th Oct 2015

I hate the shower in all the bathrooms the water was coming very little as you cannot bath. It was horrible

Great location, with a nice enough staff. The hostel itself however was inadequate. The common room was very small as well as the rest of the facilities. WiFi was spotty no matter where you were in the hostel. I would recommend finding a different hostel to stay at, but if all you are looking for is a place to sleep than this hostel isn't the worst option.

• 14th Oct 2015