Amsterdam Hostel Centre

• Mathi0308
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
17th Aug 2017
4.3

The beds were very squeaky, and the walls were extremely thin, which made it impossible to sleep at night. The toilet and the bathroom is so small that they are nearly impossible to use if you're above 150cm. No kitchen or social area. But the guy working there was nice.

15th Aug 2017
4.3

Value proposition very high priced No 24h reception Small and uncomfortable capacity Toilets and shower were were just so small and dirty. Check out at 10am ( have to be out of the building by 10 i was told ) while reception opened at 9am. I had to leave early I missed my train Small Lockers Almost 40€ a night for such a dorm it is not worth it.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

The location of this is spot on. Can't get much better with that. You could walk to Anne frank house, all the museums, and it's close to the tram. The bathrooms are tiny and could stand to be cleaned twice a day instead of once a day, as they get pretty bad at nighttime. Beds are comfy enough and the staff is great!

• USA, Male, 31-40
9th Aug 2017
2.0

THIS HOSTEL SCREWED ME FOR 10 EUROS! I made a key deposit for 10 euros, their add says the reception is open 24 hrs, but they were closed til 9am. So i couldnt get my room deposit of 10 euros. Then i contacted the hotel 3x and they would not respond to my email. Its awfuk how they treat the customer. I have pictures to prove it. DO NOT STAY HERE.

1st Aug 2017
7.1

It's a place to sleep. That's it. No common area, the wifi was supper spotty, and the reception was never around. That's to include when I went to check out and get my key deposit back. I had to slide it under the door and let them pocket 10€ because they weren't there to take the key back, or miss my train. If you're over 5ft 10 good luck using the bathroom too. Very good location though.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
7.7

Solid hostel, no atmosphere to speak of. Facilities were a little cramped and odd and there's a really early check out at 10am.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
31st Jul 2017
4.0

The worst hostel I've stayed at in europe, and cost the most. But hey, it's pretty hard to have a bad time in Amsterdam. Thats just the price you have to pay during peak season I guess. Just get baked and enjoy it for what it is!

• chelrose6199
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2017
3.7

I paid a €10 key deposit and have never gotten it back, despite 4 emails I have sent with no reply. The reception doesn't open until 9am, and I needed to check out at 7:30am. So I slipped my key under the reception door and have subsequently sent emails requesting the refund with NO reply. The showers and toilets are tiny, the rooms are boiling hot with no fans or air con. It is in a good location but that's the only positive thing I can say about this hostel. No common room or atmosphere.

26th Jul 2017
6.9

Showers are clean but cramped. Beds are comfortable. Atmosphere is just ok. That being said, good place as a base to sleep and explore the city.

• England, Couple, 18-24
24th Jul 2017
4.0

Reception is not always 24 hour, which meant we unexpectedly lost our deposit. We went to check out at 8am, and were unable due to a notice saying that it would not open on this specific day til 10. We had no warning or instruction as to what to do. We posted our key under the door but were unable to receive our deposit (which was cash we had expected to buy is a team pass). They have not replied to any emails (an issue we faced earlier in the booking) and have not apologised or given any reason