Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thank you for the amazing stay during our stay in Amsterdam. You all were really friendly, and ready to give us any tip we needed. One comment: let the heat on until 10 am in the morning cause humidity killed us!! :)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Greece

I accidentally booked the wrong date on hostelworld so I emailed the hostel about the mistake and luckily, they were accomodating and allowed me to change it with minimal fuss! my ten bed hostel room had an ensuite bathroom, which is much more convenient and way bigger than the other showers!

Good location, many bars etc outside the door in heart of Amsterdam. KeyCard entry, lockers is good. But you gotta rent their locks as it seems only they fit. Free Wifi. There is a tiny common area, no atmosphere. That theres no bedside plugsocket is shocking though and so you have to share 1 with 5 others. They have a balcony though seemingly it must always be closed. Toilet is fine if your a child or have growth defects. Shower just a room, nowhere for clothes. Apart from that tho...

Close to the train and about a 25 minute walk downtown. No common room or anything, but it's a place to sleep.

It was really dirty. The bathrooms were very gross and the beds seemed like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The staff was nice enough though !

the staff is really helpful, great to stay for a couple of nights; or if youre on a budget.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • Spain

It was an average hostel but excellently situated. Tiny meeting room in reception which made it not such a sociable hostel. No kitchen but outside the door many cheap restaurants with 5 euro pizza and pasta so this wasn't an issue. Over all a pleasant stay.

The hostel itself was okay for the cheap price. The staff was nice and it was good situated. But the bed sheets were definitely not fresh! They seemed to be like 2 weeks old and smelled like swet, it was quite disgusting!

In my first night in the room of 6 people I had to sleep in a mattress in the floor with no blankets and no pillow (I was the 7º guy). The mattress was exactly the same than those used in the bed so that was not uncomfortable but a pillow and a blanket must be provided! Those are minimum conditions.. Beside this, everything was great and I would go back there if i stay in Amsterdam.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

My room was on the second floor so the lack of elevator didn't disturb (but if you live upstairs that would probably be problematic, stairs are super steep and difficult to climb). Aterlall everything was great, staff was friendly and helpful, the location is just perfect as it is in the city center. I really enjoyed my stay!

for the price that it was the hostel was ok. the location is one of the few good things of the hostel. If you just want a place to sleep, go ahead. But don't expect a comfortable bed. maybe you will get some bedbugs! the worst was the showers and toilets! super small..

The shower is in a different room than the toilets. The shower is just in a room with the toilet, so you squeegee the floor when you're done! I found it odd. It's ok. There may be something better price wise, but it wasn't that bad. Staff were very nice. Although, make sure you lock up your stuff. Someone's cigarettes and phone went missing!

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Never again. On the second night there I was already thinking about go to another place no matter how expensive it could be. The toilets were so disgusting and smelly, even the bogs in a dirty pub are better than this. Pay more and stay somewhere decent!

I have to admit, this place is underrated. fantastic location, not crazy busy so sleeping in is beneficial (did a lot more sleeping then anticipated). cheaper then the other "big" hostels. only qualms were staff being a bit complacent.

Yes, Amsterdam is a very cramped city, and this hostel definitely displays this. Stairs are quite vertical and narrow, bathroom is tiny (you basically close the door on your toes as you sit on the toilet). Room is plain but not cramped. I had to use the shower on another floor because the one on my floor was either broken (smelled of mildew) or constantly occupied. Not a fancy place, definitely a "hostel" feeling. Unfortunately I also got mosquito bites.

NIce hostel and location. The staff try to help us all the time, but the cover duvet was a little bit dirty.

The staff at this hostel are exceptional! I felt very safe and happy in this hostel. There were bathrooms in both rooms I stayed in. It was clean, friendly and the beds are very comfy....mostly though. It is worth the stay simply for the level of service :-). Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2014

Amsterdam Hostel Centre is a tiny hostel with a B&B type feel. It's in a very central location just off the Leidseplein, surrounded by cheap touristy restaurants. After staying in some large informal hostels that felt like high schools, I actually quite liked it - it's minimal, clean, cheap, and the staff are nice. Main issue: there is no air con, so the windows have to be left open. This means you'll be kept awake by street noise until at least 3am most nights.

A good hostel for what you are paying. Excellent location and helpful staff. Dont expect the ritz and youll be happy staying there!

• 2nd Sep 2014

The only selling point is it's location. I had issues with my booking and the manager wasn't even on call to help me. The room was small and without windows, and there was a hole in the walk that let in the light from the other room. The "shower" was the worst part. It was a shower head in the wall, without a curtain, next to a lidless toilet and with a cleaning brush next to the tap. I wasn't happy with the staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3