Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was really dirty. The bathrooms were very gross and the beds seemed like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The staff was nice enough though !

The hostel itself was okay for the cheap price. The staff was nice and it was good situated. But the bed sheets were definitely not fresh! They seemed to be like 2 weeks old and smelled like swet, it was quite disgusting!

In my first night in the room of 6 people I had to sleep in a mattress in the floor with no blankets and no pillow (I was the 7º guy). The mattress was exactly the same than those used in the bed so that was not uncomfortable but a pillow and a blanket must be provided! Those are minimum conditions.. Beside this, everything was great and I would go back there if i stay in Amsterdam.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

My room was on the second floor so the lack of elevator didn't disturb (but if you live upstairs that would probably be problematic, stairs are super steep and difficult to climb). Aterlall everything was great, staff was friendly and helpful, the location is just perfect as it is in the city center. I really enjoyed my stay!

for the price that it was the hostel was ok. the location is one of the few good things of the hostel. If you just want a place to sleep, go ahead. But don't expect a comfortable bed. maybe you will get some bedbugs! the worst was the showers and toilets! super small..

The shower is in a different room than the toilets. The shower is just in a room with the toilet, so you squeegee the floor when you're done! I found it odd. It's ok. There may be something better price wise, but it wasn't that bad. Staff were very nice. Although, make sure you lock up your stuff. Someone's cigarettes and phone went missing!

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Never again. On the second night there I was already thinking about go to another place no matter how expensive it could be. The toilets were so disgusting and smelly, even the bogs in a dirty pub are better than this. Pay more and stay somewhere decent!

I have to admit, this place is underrated. fantastic location, not crazy busy so sleeping in is beneficial (did a lot more sleeping then anticipated). cheaper then the other "big" hostels. only qualms were staff being a bit complacent.

Yes, Amsterdam is a very cramped city, and this hostel definitely displays this. Stairs are quite vertical and narrow, bathroom is tiny (you basically close the door on your toes as you sit on the toilet). Room is plain but not cramped. I had to use the shower on another floor because the one on my floor was either broken (smelled of mildew) or constantly occupied. Not a fancy place, definitely a "hostel" feeling. Unfortunately I also got mosquito bites.

NIce hostel and location. The staff try to help us all the time, but the cover duvet was a little bit dirty.

The staff at this hostel are exceptional! I felt very safe and happy in this hostel. There were bathrooms in both rooms I stayed in. It was clean, friendly and the beds are very comfy....mostly though. It is worth the stay simply for the level of service :-). Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2014

Amsterdam Hostel Centre is a tiny hostel with a B&B type feel. It's in a very central location just off the Leidseplein, surrounded by cheap touristy restaurants. After staying in some large informal hostels that felt like high schools, I actually quite liked it - it's minimal, clean, cheap, and the staff are nice. Main issue: there is no air con, so the windows have to be left open. This means you'll be kept awake by street noise until at least 3am most nights.

A good hostel for what you are paying. Excellent location and helpful staff. Dont expect the ritz and youll be happy staying there!

• 2nd Sep 2014

The only selling point is it's location. I had issues with my booking and the manager wasn't even on call to help me. The room was small and without windows, and there was a hole in the walk that let in the light from the other room. The "shower" was the worst part. It was a shower head in the wall, without a curtain, next to a lidless toilet and with a cleaning brush next to the tap. I wasn't happy with the staff.

Everything went ok, the only problem is the wifi, there is none in the rooms, but in the common room works ok.

common area is too small there's no place to easily make friends with other travellers. found only two toilets for a lot number of people so it was frustrating. it was cheap so it was good enough but i wouldn't stay here for more than two nights.

Only complaint is that it was very expensive compared to everywhere else in Europe - that's Amsterdam's fault more than the hostel though since this was the cheapest we found! The hostel itself was absolutely fine, bathrooms and bedrooms both clean. We booked a 10 bed dorm and when we got there found that they'd given us a two bed private which was a nice surprise. Our room and the toilet/shower rooms were tiny because of the shape of the building (tall and narrow) but nothing to complain about.

This hostel was GROSS. The room was never cleaned during my stay. The trash was not emptied, the showers were inconvenient and always flooded, the room smelled, and the beds were exceptionally small. I was there two nights and on the day I checked out I was covered in bug bites. I do not know if they were bed bugs or mosquitos but either way this place is not worth it. Hostels are just pricier in Amsterdam, drop a few more euros and stay some place else!

• 29th Aug 2014

We booked a ten bed mixed dorm but were lucky to be upgraded to a private 2 person room. It's at the top floor though, and there's no light at the landing apart from the emergency exit sign so just be careful! Toilets and showers are a floor below so we need to climb down everytime we want need to use the toilets. Although the toilet and showers are small, they are clean, and so is the room. The upper bunk has no barrier to prevent you from falling off and no ladder, so just be careful!

Ridiculously steep stairs especially if you're on the top floor. The toilet and shower facilities were way below standard (so much so that we didn't use the showers) and were shared between 50. The kitchen facilities were non existent, not even a kettle. We were supposedly 'upgraded' from a shared 12 person dorm to a private 'suite', this consisted of a bunk bed crammed into essentially a cupboard with a window. The only redeeming features were the location and the staff who are available 24/7.

« first « Prev 1 2 3