Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice staff and good location and good wifi

• 25th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Amsterdam is expensive in general. I picked this place because it was pretty central and priced somewhere I could afford. it's not extravagant by any means, but it's a cheap* hostel. beds were fine, bathroom was kinda gross. it's main problem was no ventilation, so it smelt a little moldy. Not much of a common area if you're looking to meet other travelers. Had a few lockers in the room, not enough for everyone though. I only left cause they jacked up the prices for the weekend.

Staff did not always seem to understand what was going on and were not ll that friendly. We had booked for 7 people and were given a 6 bedded room and it took two days to get an extra mattress which was a bit annoying. Otherwise.....great value for money.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great location. Very small hostel with no area to hang out in. Not good atmosphere for making new friends. Also the staff was not helpful, and gave us wrong directions multiple time. My friend and I went to a different hostel on our second night.

The trash bin in the room was overfull with old food and used ciggarettes so it smelled bad. There was a bucket and some towels under my bed - i guess the rain is coming in. Small toilets outside the room. Not enough lockers in the room. Some staff were helpful other barely understand english. Overpriced on weekends. Good location and wifi. Wouldnt recommend your stay at again! Look somewhere else.

that was the worst hostel i have ever stayed. i was not even manage to take a shower because everywhere was so dirty. i couldn't see any facilities. even internet was not working proper. the worst story is we stayed there one night after that we dealed for 14 euros per each on morning 11. we put our luggae in the hostel and he said that you can come after 14. we went there and another guy was working and he wanted 6 euros more per each and he said that if you dont like it you can go away

Considering its location for the price paid it's fine. Shower and toilet facilities weren't great but we only spent 2 nights here so it was fine!

I payed 65 € for one night at this horrible hostel! The room was so small and full of people that you don't really have place to put your stuff. Everything was on the floor in the middle, no a/c and poor wifi internet. Really uncomfortable and not clean at all. Just the location was good and the staff were nice, but for that crazy amount of money stay somewhere else!

I booked a bed in a female dorm but it turned out to be a mixed dorm, a mere "sorry" was given. Wifi didn't work too well as it kept disconnecting. The dorm room, toilet and shower were a bit unclean due to the other people being messy. The building is old and has narrow and steep staircases so with heavy luggage it might be a problem. The street is noisy so bring earplugs. Not too pleasurable experience overall but the location was good. The staff was friendly enough too.

perfect location,staff OK,wifi in room was good.but,need more bathoroom!! cleans is OK! i had one problem,It was not slaughtered in the amount of daily payment of pre-booking. I paid again what had already paid.

This was the worst hostel I have stayed at. Dirty! Shower literally like a box, not where to stand let alone get changed. Toilets never had paper. Room door look like it was locked but 5 min later could be pushed open with no key! Staff were not rude but not helpful at all. Don't stay here!

Was very basic, small beds in a small room, toilets were constantly dirty, for what we paid we expected a bit more. The staff were friendly and the location was good.

It was a wonderful stay at the hostel. I really enjoyed my stay there. The location and the staff are amazing. I really recommend it to everyone who wishes to visit amsterdam. Well done Amsterdam Hostel Centre.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Bahrain

Only stayed one night and it was dueable. I mostly chose this hostel for the location, but ended up meeting some cool people there as well.

• 3rd Jun 2015

By far the worst hostel I've stayed in during my travels anywhere. It's disgusting, overpriced and I even watched the one guy clean the bathroom sink with the toilet brush! I mean literally cleaned the nasty ass toilet with it, then put it all around the sink, tap, faucet! It was gross! Every bad review I read is accurate but I needed a place to stay last second. Even last second, could have done better than this if I knew better.

Missed my plane and found this place last minute. Been backpacking around Europe and this place was alright, but not one of the better hostels for the price.

Shower amd toilet on different floor to room. Shower and toilet so small culd barely turn around in. Normally would be ok but not at the price i paid. May 2015

It's in a good location, a little difficult to find - we walked past it a few times a the entrance isn't immediately clear. The staff were very warm and welcoming. My main issue is the room size (very small), the facilities (seemed as though we had one shower to 15 odd people? had to queue multiple times) and the air con didn't work properly, so the room was very hot. It also had no window so no natural light or any idea what time of day it was.

Great Hostel, great friendly staff and superb location. Would highly recommend it.

• 21st May 2015
  • Wales

Clean, safe. No real common room and staff were uninviting. Great location and was a good price, for Amsterdam.

• 20th May 2015