Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Never again. On the second night there I was already thinking about go to another place no matter how expensive it could be. The toilets were so disgusting and smelly, even the bogs in a dirty pub are better than this. Pay more and stay somewhere decent!

NIce hostel and location. The staff try to help us all the time, but the cover duvet was a little bit dirty.

The staff at this hostel are exceptional! I felt very safe and happy in this hostel. There were bathrooms in both rooms I stayed in. It was clean, friendly and the beds are very comfy....mostly though. It is worth the stay simply for the level of service :-). Thanks guys!

• 7th Sep 2014

Amsterdam Hostel Centre is a tiny hostel with a B&B type feel. It's in a very central location just off the Leidseplein, surrounded by cheap touristy restaurants. After staying in some large informal hostels that felt like high schools, I actually quite liked it - it's minimal, clean, cheap, and the staff are nice. Main issue: there is no air con, so the windows have to be left open. This means you'll be kept awake by street noise until at least 3am most nights.

A good hostel for what you are paying. Excellent location and helpful staff. Dont expect the ritz and youll be happy staying there!

• 2nd Sep 2014

The only selling point is it's location. I had issues with my booking and the manager wasn't even on call to help me. The room was small and without windows, and there was a hole in the walk that let in the light from the other room. The "shower" was the worst part. It was a shower head in the wall, without a curtain, next to a lidless toilet and with a cleaning brush next to the tap. I wasn't happy with the staff.

Everything went ok, the only problem is the wifi, there is none in the rooms, but in the common room works ok.

Only complaint is that it was very expensive compared to everywhere else in Europe - that's Amsterdam's fault more than the hostel though since this was the cheapest we found! The hostel itself was absolutely fine, bathrooms and bedrooms both clean. We booked a 10 bed dorm and when we got there found that they'd given us a two bed private which was a nice surprise. Our room and the toilet/shower rooms were tiny because of the shape of the building (tall and narrow) but nothing to complain about.

This hostel was GROSS. The room was never cleaned during my stay. The trash was not emptied, the showers were inconvenient and always flooded, the room smelled, and the beds were exceptionally small. I was there two nights and on the day I checked out I was covered in bug bites. I do not know if they were bed bugs or mosquitos but either way this place is not worth it. Hostels are just pricier in Amsterdam, drop a few more euros and stay some place else!

• 29th Aug 2014

We booked a ten bed mixed dorm but were lucky to be upgraded to a private 2 person room. It's at the top floor though, and there's no light at the landing apart from the emergency exit sign so just be careful! Toilets and showers are a floor below so we need to climb down everytime we want need to use the toilets. Although the toilet and showers are small, they are clean, and so is the room. The upper bunk has no barrier to prevent you from falling off and no ladder, so just be careful!

Ridiculously steep stairs especially if you're on the top floor. The toilet and shower facilities were way below standard (so much so that we didn't use the showers) and were shared between 50. The kitchen facilities were non existent, not even a kettle. We were supposedly 'upgraded' from a shared 12 person dorm to a private 'suite', this consisted of a bunk bed crammed into essentially a cupboard with a window. The only redeeming features were the location and the staff who are available 24/7.

The hostel is very small compared to other hostels, but also just the half price than others. It is between many coffee shops. The stuff is very friendly, they memorize and know you name for the whole time. (: i can recommend to take a sleeping bag with you. ;-) if you are not too demanding and just want to save money, it is the right place for you.

PROs: Good location: in Leidseplein restaurants district, near Vondel Park, museums, 15mins walk to Dam Square; Staff: Very helpful and friendly, nice people always happy to chat; CONs: Less lockers than people in the rooms, though this was not a problem at the time not everyone wanted to use them; Small common area not so good for meeting new people; No kitchen, just a microwave. Overall this was an average hostel for the price, the friendly staff was what made it an enjoyable stay for me

OK so this place is a real hidden gem. It has everything you need from your hostel and is in a fantastic location. But what made our stay amazing was the staff. The night Porter (Mokmar I think his name was) was so friendly and helpful and was just amazing. The guys here would even change the channel for you on the TV so you watch whatever you wanted. They were always good for a chat! I would have liked to pay on card but that's my only gripe. This hostel and staff rock!!!

Great Staff really helpfull!!! The hostel is in a perfect location. I really enjoyed my stay . Thanks

• 9th Aug 2014

This hostel is in a great location very close to every thing you need. I thought it was a tad over priced for what you get but I understand Amsterdam is expensive altogether. It gets very hot and stuffy in rooms at night with no air con so only option is to leave the windows open but there is a club across the road so it is very noisy, even with windows closed. Common area is small and no kitchen facilities but staff are awesomely friendly and very helpful!

it is kinda small, and the place is old or ? doesn't have wifi in the room.

This hostel is perfect for everybody who comes to Amsterdam and wants to check out the nightlife. Everybody else should book some other place, especially if you want quiet during the night.

Originally we wanted yo stay for one night but we ended staying for two. The rooms were clean and the personel was fine. The location is the best of this place!

It's ok for the price, amsterdam is expensive....

« first « Prev 1 2 3