Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tiny four bedroom room with no window, worse than a prison cell! Air conditioning remote broke and no effort was made to fix it or to help resolve the problem. No luggage room, just left by the reception desk and you can only keep luggage there until 1pm, which we were not told about and then moan at for arriving later to collect our luggage. The reception is open at random hours, seems to just be as the stuff please... Would not recommend ! Way overpriced and totally unsociable!

• 25th Aug 2015

The door was dark and full. The toilet was unclean and had no toilet roll during the night and in the morning. the shower was in a horrible little box that filled with water and steam and was worse than the festival showers I had been having. there is an extension cable by one bed... but 4 plug sockets and 6 people in a room doesn't go down very well. you had to pay 2 euro for a towel and 8 euro for a padlock for a locker that wouldn't even fit my backpack. front desk guy was nice though

Hostel was very cool. You are in the famous Amsterdam houses!! Staff was very very nice. One complaint..it is very hard to find lol. Staff says they aren't allowed a sign. Very close to food bars and shops!

was ok! too expensive.

good location, nice staff, room was cramped i couldn't sit on my bunk without hitting my head (and im quite short). seemed to be no kitchen area available to guest which was very disappointing, advertised you could pay with a card this was not the case not so much of a big deal more a little inconvenience. i felt it was not good value for money

We had a two-bed private room, which was barely big enough for us to put our backpacks on the ground next to the bed. Staff were very friendly, but wifi only worked on lobby floor, and there wasn't really very much common room space to meet people. Not the cleanest, toilets ran out of toilet paper, but overall fine for a cheap night stay.

The host was amazing, really friendly and helpful with our questions. We were a group of 5 that originally booked a 10bed dorm, got upgraded to a 5 bed dorm on the top level with our own bathroom.. Bit of a tight squeeze but what else do you expect for a hostel. Bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom really nice but could have done with a better clean(hairs from previous guests still there) and wifi was really good but generally didn't reach the top floor.

This hostel is really cramped and the bathrooms are not great. We were in a room of 10 people Which was far too many for the size of the room. Quite disappointing considering the price. That said, the location is great - right by lots of bars, shops etc and an easy distance from all the sights. Also the staff are lovely!

Met some great people at this hostel! Great location, pretty small rooms and friendly staff. Only thing I would complain about is the state of the shower/bathroom but that would probably be from being in such a big dorm.

Our room was too small for four people. There were also no windows so I felt like I was going to catch the plague when my friend was sick. Overall pretty clean except for the smushed dead centipedes on the ceiling over my bed...

• 15th Jul 2015

The location is really good. The facilities are a table in the room with the reception desk. Security consists of a keycard to your room and a locker where you have to bring your own lock. Staff is ok as expected. The atmosphere of the place is okay it resembles living in one of the really old small apartments in Amsterdam really well. There are some computers in the reception room and nothing else. Value for money relapse depends when you are checking in. Prices varies day by day by a factor 2!

The staff was very helpful. the f

• 10th Jul 2015

We had a comfortable stay at Amsterdam hostel centre, however the bathroom facilities were not great.. Shower toilet and sink in one small room with no shower door or even floor, it was just one big tiled floor with a drain so water went everywhere.. The beds are very skinny, bur comfortable enough. Just enough floor space for everyone's things and a sink in the room which was good for just brushing teeth.

• 10th Jul 2015

Couldn't ask for a better location however, I could barley fit in the toilet and i'm quite skinny, there's one shower in the entire place and none of us wanted to use it because it was filthy and we didn't want to catch anything. The beds were fine, however the place was filthy, most of all the staff were extremely rude, I have never come across such an ignorant person in my life. Would not recommend this place to stay.

• 9th Jul 2015

The location and general average cleanliness of the bedroom and cleaning of the sheets saved this place because the bathroom was gross and the staff on arrival had an argument with me about the money we had to pay because I wanted I change my booking (which I had paid extra for when booking it to be able o make amendments to my booking). Then he told me there was a new tax which was €50 more! I feel ripped off. Thank God the location is right next to all the bars so that I could drown my sorrows

• 8th Jul 2015

Didn't end up staying here because of made an error with my dates, but the staff at reception were wonderful and understanding and even helped me find a new hostel for the correct dates (they were fully booked). Location is great, super close to €5 pasta restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bike hire stores and even walkable to the red light district if you're like me and enjoy a 20-30min walk.

The bathroom and rooms were rather cramped but I didnt have to spend too much time there. From the outside, the hostel is a little hard to spot on the busy restaurant street but the staff are very friendly and helpful. It's well located next to lots of cheap restaurants, two minutes walk from the metro and walking distance from lots of Amsterdams best attractions. A little pricey for what you get out of it.

Absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they made my stay so comfortable. I was travelling alone as a female and they were really considerate of my needs, which is why I think this hostel is so fantastic, since you get more than your money's worth - not just a customer until check out, but also after checkout. The hostel is quite small, but really clean and they provide bed linen too and the wifi is excellent. it's perfect for travellers, and very comfortable

• 6th Jul 2015

This place is located perfectly. If you want to go to the movies, a coffee shop, a smart shop, get dinner or do some laundry, it's close in proximity to everything. The hostel staff is nice, but the rooms are kind of cramped. The stairs are difficult to get up and down if you have a big suitcase and the bathrooms are too small to turnaround in. Your knees will hit the door when you sit down, so sit tight

• 6th Jul 2015

Horrible bathroom and shower, no where to even change clothes when in mixed dorm. Felt very uncomfortable.

• 3rd Jul 2015