Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is really cramped and the bathrooms are not great. We were in a room of 10 people Which was far too many for the size of the room. Quite disappointing considering the price. That said, the location is great - right by lots of bars, shops etc and an easy distance from all the sights. Also the staff are lovely!

Our room was too small for four people. There were also no windows so I felt like I was going to catch the plague when my friend was sick. Overall pretty clean except for the smushed dead centipedes on the ceiling over my bed...

• 15th Jul 2015

The location is really good. The facilities are a table in the room with the reception desk. Security consists of a keycard to your room and a locker where you have to bring your own lock. Staff is ok as expected. The atmosphere of the place is okay it resembles living in one of the really old small apartments in Amsterdam really well. There are some computers in the reception room and nothing else. Value for money relapse depends when you are checking in. Prices varies day by day by a factor 2!

We had a comfortable stay at Amsterdam hostel centre, however the bathroom facilities were not great.. Shower toilet and sink in one small room with no shower door or even floor, it was just one big tiled floor with a drain so water went everywhere.. The beds are very skinny, bur comfortable enough. Just enough floor space for everyone's things and a sink in the room which was good for just brushing teeth.

• 10th Jul 2015

The location and general average cleanliness of the bedroom and cleaning of the sheets saved this place because the bathroom was gross and the staff on arrival had an argument with me about the money we had to pay because I wanted I change my booking (which I had paid extra for when booking it to be able o make amendments to my booking). Then he told me there was a new tax which was €50 more! I feel ripped off. Thank God the location is right next to all the bars so that I could drown my sorrows

• 8th Jul 2015

Didn't end up staying here because of made an error with my dates, but the staff at reception were wonderful and understanding and even helped me find a new hostel for the correct dates (they were fully booked). Location is great, super close to €5 pasta restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bike hire stores and even walkable to the red light district if you're like me and enjoy a 20-30min walk.

Absolutely loved this hostel, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, they made my stay so comfortable. I was travelling alone as a female and they were really considerate of my needs, which is why I think this hostel is so fantastic, since you get more than your money's worth - not just a customer until check out, but also after checkout. The hostel is quite small, but really clean and they provide bed linen too and the wifi is excellent. it's perfect for travellers, and very comfortable

• 6th Jul 2015

This place is located perfectly. If you want to go to the movies, a coffee shop, a smart shop, get dinner or do some laundry, it's close in proximity to everything. The hostel staff is nice, but the rooms are kind of cramped. The stairs are difficult to get up and down if you have a big suitcase and the bathrooms are too small to turnaround in. Your knees will hit the door when you sit down, so sit tight

• 6th Jul 2015

Horrible bathroom and shower, no where to even change clothes when in mixed dorm. Felt very uncomfortable.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Hostel was very unclean for how much money we paid. There wasn't toilet paper in the bathroom, shower was gross and tiny and not like anything shown in the pictures. For how much we paid for this hostel it should have been nicer. $75 for one night is outrages for this place.

The room is really hot, there is no ventilation and it was impossible to stay there. The bathroom is very small. Wifi didn't work from my bedroom. Location is good, nearby almost everything. LUGGAGE ROOM: is only until 1pm after check out. And you just leave your bags in the commom room, there isn't a real luggage room. There is no way to leave the bags more time there.

Very nice staff and good location and good wifi

• 25th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel is located in the most perfect location. There are tons of restaurants nearby with great atmosphere. There is also a laundry facility located around the corner as well as a bike rental place. The hostel however was a little rough around the edges. Although the staff was friendly, the rooms were pretty small. I really liked all the people we met that stayed there and would recommend to someone who is traveling on a budget.

Amsterdam is expensive in general. I picked this place because it was pretty central and priced somewhere I could afford. it's not extravagant by any means, but it's a cheap* hostel. beds were fine, bathroom was kinda gross. it's main problem was no ventilation, so it smelt a little moldy. Not much of a common area if you're looking to meet other travelers. Had a few lockers in the room, not enough for everyone though. I only left cause they jacked up the prices for the weekend.

One of the best Hostels I have been to. Firstly the location is amazing, everything is walking distance! Secondly the staff were friendly, helpful, and really considerate, they accommodated to our needs really well (especially Mohammed!). The room and beds were clean and not too cramped! There was also working air conditioning in the room!! It was such a edgy atmosphere which was really good! I would actually book the hostel again and recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Staff did not always seem to understand what was going on and were not ll that friendly. We had booked for 7 people and were given a 6 bedded room and it took two days to get an extra mattress which was a bit annoying. Otherwise.....great value for money.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great location. Very small hostel with no area to hang out in. Not good atmosphere for making new friends. Also the staff was not helpful, and gave us wrong directions multiple time. My friend and I went to a different hostel on our second night.

The trash bin in the room was overfull with old food and used ciggarettes so it smelled bad. There was a bucket and some towels under my bed - i guess the rain is coming in. Small toilets outside the room. Not enough lockers in the room. Some staff were helpful other barely understand english. Overpriced on weekends. Good location and wifi. Wouldnt recommend your stay at again! Look somewhere else.

that was the worst hostel i have ever stayed. i was not even manage to take a shower because everywhere was so dirty. i couldn't see any facilities. even internet was not working proper. the worst story is we stayed there one night after that we dealed for 14 euros per each on morning 11. we put our luggae in the hostel and he said that you can come after 14. we went there and another guy was working and he wanted 6 euros more per each and he said that if you dont like it you can go away

Considering its location for the price paid it's fine. Shower and toilet facilities weren't great but we only spent 2 nights here so it was fine!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4