Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We loved toe Location and that the staff was very helpful. However, for a Hostel it was a Little pricey.

• 18th Apr 2014

My advice: never stay at this hostel. The rooms were truly filthy, smelt very badly and were noisy. It's located in the middle of the party region so never gets quit. To top it all, the prices aren't cheap. I've stayed in various hostels over the years but this one will never leave my mind (unfortunately). When I finally got home, I felt as dirty as after a weeks campingtrip.

Great Location, but no good atmosphere and quite dirty. Rooms are very dark, with only one socket in the whole room

• 28th Mar 2014

6 people in a room less than 10qm. Single bathroom between 8-10 people. The size of the toilet is just too small. No towels were provided for free instead rent it for 3€. You can buy a towel at Hema for 3.50€ !!! Location.... Not very convenient if you would to go to Dam Square or the red light district on foot. Good tram connectivity though. If you want to visit the pubs near leidseplein its good. Overall, I wouldnt stay there again.

Nice staff. Really good location but not noisy at the hostel. Could be a bit cleaner but it was ok.

Not the best. No internet in the 3rd floor, very dirty, heating not functioning in the room

It should be more clean...

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Staff were friendly and alway happy to help. Rooms were very basic but you get what you pay for and were acceptable. In a perfect location and would happily stay here again

• 24th Jan 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

The hostel was great value for money. The only downside was the creepy guy staying in our room!

• 13th Jan 2014

After hearing bad reviews on TripAdvisor, we were quite worried about our stay. Thankfully, it was a lovely stay. All staff were lovely and welcoming. They were also informative. Really good location in Leidsplein. I thought coffee for 1 euro and a towel to rent out for your stay 2 euro, more than reasonable prices. It was quite a small room with bunk beds but you get what you pay for! Would definitely stay again next time I come to Amsterdam.

• 9th Jan 2014

This is the best hostel I have stayed in in Amsterdam. Great location. Excellent facilities and lovely people

• 8th Jan 2014

The bathrooms are a problem, the staff was ok, the lockers are small, i couldnt put my bag inside.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Not clean. Staff makes money out of everything and sometimes out of things that don't work. I don't recommend this hostel.

Good place, very friendly staff. Nice location, near everything. Hot shower. Missing only a breakfast!

• 31st Dec 2013

The problem with this place is not the staff, fortunately they are really nice and helpful, but the place can improve some things, for instance, they can install a curtain to divide the toilet and the shower, and of course a division could be even more practical. Plugs can be distributed accordingly all around the room instead of just a single place with many of them. ladders are needed to access the bed above of the couchette (in this way you don´t disturb the guy in the down couchette)

We stayed smallest room i have ever had with 8 people. No free towel there is no such a good thing about this hostel but only location was okey. İ know amsterdam is expensive but i paid 4 euro per night and hostel were really so clean and modern in prague. We paid approx. 30 euro per night for this hostel and there is no any facilities. i really dont recomend this hostel.

Very clean hostel and close to the tram station.Thank you for accommodating our last minute request for two people when it was understood that my mother could not manage on her own. We truly appreciated that. We enjoyed our stay and would book again with your hostal tram

• 4th Dec 2013

Bad service and not caring with the guests.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Amsterdam Hostel Centre. Staff were very helpful, the room was very clean, modern, free WIFI and comfortable. Would reccommend it!

not the best place i have stayed but it is alright for the price.