Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel was GROSS. The room was never cleaned during my stay. The trash was not emptied, the showers were inconvenient and always flooded, the room smelled, and the beds were exceptionally small. I was there two nights and on the day I checked out I was covered in bug bites. I do not know if they were bed bugs or mosquitos but either way this place is not worth it. Hostels are just pricier in Amsterdam, drop a few more euros and stay some place else!

• 29th Aug 2014

We booked a ten bed mixed dorm but were lucky to be upgraded to a private 2 person room. It's at the top floor though, and there's no light at the landing apart from the emergency exit sign so just be careful! Toilets and showers are a floor below so we need to climb down everytime we want need to use the toilets. Although the toilet and showers are small, they are clean, and so is the room. The upper bunk has no barrier to prevent you from falling off and no ladder, so just be careful!

Ridiculously steep stairs especially if you're on the top floor. The toilet and shower facilities were way below standard (so much so that we didn't use the showers) and were shared between 50. The kitchen facilities were non existent, not even a kettle. We were supposedly 'upgraded' from a shared 12 person dorm to a private 'suite', this consisted of a bunk bed crammed into essentially a cupboard with a window. The only redeeming features were the location and the staff who are available 24/7.

The hostel is very small compared to other hostels, but also just the half price than others. It is between many coffee shops. The stuff is very friendly, they memorize and know you name for the whole time. (: i can recommend to take a sleeping bag with you. ;-) if you are not too demanding and just want to save money, it is the right place for you.

PROs: Good location: in Leidseplein restaurants district, near Vondel Park, museums, 15mins walk to Dam Square; Staff: Very helpful and friendly, nice people always happy to chat; CONs: Less lockers than people in the rooms, though this was not a problem at the time not everyone wanted to use them; Small common area not so good for meeting new people; No kitchen, just a microwave. Overall this was an average hostel for the price, the friendly staff was what made it an enjoyable stay for me

OK so this place is a real hidden gem. It has everything you need from your hostel and is in a fantastic location. But what made our stay amazing was the staff. The night Porter (Mokmar I think his name was) was so friendly and helpful and was just amazing. The guys here would even change the channel for you on the TV so you watch whatever you wanted. They were always good for a chat! I would have liked to pay on card but that's my only gripe. This hostel and staff rock!!!

Great Staff really helpfull!!! The hostel is in a perfect location. I really enjoyed my stay . Thanks

• 9th Aug 2014

This hostel is in a great location very close to every thing you need. I thought it was a tad over priced for what you get but I understand Amsterdam is expensive altogether. It gets very hot and stuffy in rooms at night with no air con so only option is to leave the windows open but there is a club across the road so it is very noisy, even with windows closed. Common area is small and no kitchen facilities but staff are awesomely friendly and very helpful!

it is kinda small, and the place is old or ? doesn't have wifi in the room.

This hostel is perfect for everybody who comes to Amsterdam and wants to check out the nightlife. Everybody else should book some other place, especially if you want quiet during the night.

Originally we wanted yo stay for one night but we ended staying for two. The rooms were clean and the personel was fine. The location is the best of this place!

It's ok for the price, amsterdam is expensive....

The hostel is in a good location next to bars, restaurants, coffee shops and canals. However, I would advise against booking the 8-bed dorm. The room is in the attic and has no fan or air-conditioning, just one small window that lets barely any breeze in - we woke up in a pool of sweat every morning.

Brilliant hostel!! The Staff where some of the friendliest I've met in in Amsterdam!! Cool dude who couldn't do enough to help. Amazing location. Stay here.

• 15th Jul 2014

Nice hostel in a great location.

If you are used to Hostels this is a place where you can stay. Shating one bath with 7-8 people can get stressful though.

• 4th Jul 2014

The staff we're very friendly and helpful. They had answers to all my questions and were able to point me in all the right places. This hostel is outside the city center but it is in a much quieter part that is still only a short walk from the red light district. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone looking to travel on a budget and who doesn't mind a small bathroom. Thanks for the enjoyable stay, I plan to return.

• 27th Jun 2014

Worst hostel I've stayed at. The showers were so dirty I opted not to use them during my stay.

Dear Courtney. Thanks for your review, we would like to thank you for your stay with amsterdam hostel centre. We have absolutely no bed bugs in our hostel. With the warm weather that amsterdam has known during your stay , it is normal that sometimes mosquitoes can be in the rooms. You could have asked for the creme at the recepetion. Hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels. Greets

If the location's the only thing that matters to u, go for it. Otherwise, don't. They say they have lockers. Well, they do, 5 in a room of 10 (first come, first served). The shower's in the same box of the toilet and was very small. It wasn't possible to take a shower at the other one. Bad atmosphere and staff unprepared. The check out has to be done before 10am, which is normal. But they wake up at 9am and complain if you wake them up earlier. Several staircases, have that in mind if u have a l

The location was in the art of the nightlife "leidseplein". nice staff.