Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is very good!In the center of Amsterdam.But that is the only good thing... I booked a room to share with 6 people and finally we were 9!!! Very noisy atmosphere,2 showers for 9 persons.You wil need plugs to sleep!

Guys! It was a nice place. Location was very good. If you are in Amsterdam, you are not safe. Wake and be careful. So the hostel is one of the best one. The hostel was at center. Staff was very nice.!

If all you need is a place to sleep and shower in the city center, I'd say this is about the best you can do for your money. Definitely a no frills kind of place, but overall a good experience, I don't think you can do better for €10/night in Amsterdam. The location is good, easy walk to all the major sights and really close to a tram stop too. Can be loud at night because it's near to bars and restaurants, so if you want somewhere quiet, this is probably not your place.

• 23rd Dec 2014

This hostel is perfect if you are just looking for a place to crash at night, as my friends and I did. It's definitely better than we expected for the price we payed. It's in a great location: a 15 mins walk from the red light district and closer still to the Van Gogh's Museum and Ann Frank's house. It's easy to find. The room and bathroom were clean although they were pretty small. The biggest problem we had was the lack of windows in the room so it smelled pretty bad by the end of our stay

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Just be careful about the washrooms. We found that there was no tissues in the toilet but we took tissues with us so that we didn't faced that much problem but most of the people will not take tissue with them. And please put a bigger signboard of your hostel so that visitors don't have to face problem while searching. We were standing right beside the hostel but couldn't find it, because we expected there will be a electronic board where the name of your hostel will be written.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Bangladesh

Toilet needs more regular cleaning and upper sheets (blankets) should be changed after each visitor

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Bulgaria

Pros: Great location Helpful staff Good value for money Cons: steep small stairs & No lifts. so heavy luggage holders take a note. No wifi signal to the top floor rooms.

Fine if you're not looking to spend too much. Although we did spend quite a bit here as it was the weekend and prices are ridiculous in amsterdam then. The location is quite good and the guy running the place was very helpful. However he did charge me €70 before I even arrived at the hostel then made me pay full payment in cash when I arrived. Didn't realise until i had left. He was helpful over the phone but it took over 2 wks to go back into my account and 4 phone calls to the hostel. Annoying

This hostel is in a really great location. A few cons though. First they do not accept credit/debit cards. Second, you have to pay a 10 euro deposit at entry for your key that you can return on the way out and get back your money. As my flight was at 10 a.m. in the morning we were leaving the hostel at around 8:00 and the front desk was locked so there was no way or returning the key & getting my money back...

• 5th Dec 2014

In this hostel you have what you pay for...which is almost nothing. very steep stairs to arrive at the reception and at the rooms. very small reception where when you arrive your luggage will be stored without any kind of security. i was staying in a 8beds dormitory with a firend. the bed was quite comfortable and clean, the bathroom small, cold and very dirty. the street of the hostel is very loud especialy during the weekend untill 5/6am, dont expect to sleep well.

The bedclothes were smelling a lot.....you have to pay for everything(2 euro to rent a towel, if you want a locker it is something else) I will accept it if they will clean everything... Everything looked really small and claustrophobic... The only good thing was the location, completely central.

• 28th Nov 2014

The receptionist was extremely kind

• 21st Nov 2014

Mattress sunken. Most of the time no heater on. Water is freezing cold. Double decker bed that has no stairs to climb.

Thank you for the amazing stay during our stay in Amsterdam. You all were really friendly, and ready to give us any tip we needed. One comment: let the heat on until 10 am in the morning cause humidity killed us!! :)

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Greece

I accidentally booked the wrong date on hostelworld so I emailed the hostel about the mistake and luckily, they were accomodating and allowed me to change it with minimal fuss! my ten bed hostel room had an ensuite bathroom, which is much more convenient and way bigger than the other showers!

The Hostel does not respect the % reservation payment on the website, to get you mention that they are not responsible for that money are made. The cleanliness of the toilets gives a lot to be desired. The only good thing is the location of the Hostel.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Good location, many bars etc outside the door in heart of Amsterdam. KeyCard entry, lockers is good. But you gotta rent their locks as it seems only they fit. Free Wifi. There is a tiny common area, no atmosphere. That theres no bedside plugsocket is shocking though and so you have to share 1 with 5 others. They have a balcony though seemingly it must always be closed. Toilet is fine if your a child or have growth defects. Shower just a room, nowhere for clothes. Apart from that tho...

Close to the train and about a 25 minute walk downtown. No common room or anything, but it's a place to sleep.

It was really dirty. The bathrooms were very gross and the beds seemed like they hadn't been cleaned in a while. The staff was nice enough though !

the staff is really helpful, great to stay for a couple of nights; or if youre on a budget.

• 19th Oct 2014