Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I think it's a really good place for what you pay. The location is PERFECT. You have lots of restaurants from all over the world and even McDo and BK, bars, clubs and a Bulldog coffee shop next to the hostal.

The hostel is good: The rooms are ok and it's well located, so you don't need to buy tickets for transport in Amsterdam. But some person of staff were not well prepared to take care of some situations, like check out, things to pay and tips for visiting the city. At my check out, they took 5 euros for no reason (really: no reason!): one guy of the staff showed a paper saying that they will not return 5 euros because I have to pay for the keys of the lock, but I gave it back perfectly!

The hostel was clean, the room was big and the staff was really friendly!

Hostel was within walking distance to bars, clubs, and restaurants so it makes it easier on your feet. A little bit out of the way from the red light district but within reason. Not too far from the central station either which one could walk (I did) but could easily be reached on a tram. Free internet and they allow you to bring alcohol into the hostel.

the rooms were to expensive my stay cost 8 times what it should have . the first night I was in a 6 person room, another girl was moved in , then she was again moved. I was informed by the cleaner who did not have great English the next day I was moving to another hostel , which was wrong ! to say you could not swing a cat would have been great but I don't think you could have gotten a cat into either the bathroom second level or shower room , in the first place. the refund was a hassle !

• 18th Oct 2013