Amsterdam Hostel Centre Reviews

Leidsekruisstraat 13, Amsterdam, Netherlands

By far the worst hostel I've stayed in during my travels anywhere. It's disgusting, overpriced and I even watched the one guy clean the bathroom sink with the toilet brush! I mean literally cleaned the nasty ass toilet with it, then put it all around the sink, tap, faucet! It was gross! Every bad review I read is accurate but I needed a place to stay last second. Even last second, could have done better than this if I knew better.

Missed my plane and found this place last minute. Been backpacking around Europe and this place was alright, but not one of the better hostels for the price.

Shower amd toilet on different floor to room. Shower and toilet so small culd barely turn around in. Normally would be ok but not at the price i paid. May 2015

It's in a good location, a little difficult to find - we walked past it a few times a the entrance isn't immediately clear. The staff were very warm and welcoming. My main issue is the room size (very small), the facilities (seemed as though we had one shower to 15 odd people? had to queue multiple times) and the air con didn't work properly, so the room was very hot. It also had no window so no natural light or any idea what time of day it was.

Great Hostel, great friendly staff and superb location. Would highly recommend it.

• 21st May 2015
  • Wales

Clean, safe. No real common room and staff were uninviting. Great location and was a good price, for Amsterdam.

• 20th May 2015

We had a very good time on the hostel and it has a very good location. The staff helped us a lot when we have a trouble. Thank you again.

• 18th May 2015
  • Turkey

Great location and the staff was very helpful! the room was clean and better than we expected. Great choice!

• 18th May 2015
  • Sweden

They gave us a room for my friend and I although we had booked a shared room. Nevertheless, the toilet is extremely small and wasn't really clean. Moreover, its a shame they only store baggages until 1 PM.

Location isn't too far away from city center and has some good coffee shops nearby. But the hostel has a very tiny lobby so their isn't a good social atmosphere. Additionally this hostel isn't very cheap so it's hard to recommended.

Really, dont expect anything other than a bed. Would avoid.

• 12th May 2015

Very good location although the front door was a bit hard to find at the first time. Very steep and narrow staircases from entrance on, watch your footings! Reception staff wasn't too interested in their job, luckily for them I had nice roommates who made me feel welcome and enjoy my stay. The room was nice, with a toilet and 2 showers (!! wow!) included, although these got dirty very quickly and keeping clothes and towel dry while showering required serious juggling.

This isn't your regular crash-in-hang-out plan. The hostel is located in well-populated area, thus the space is quite limited, so don't expect nor canteen or guest room. But still, it's a good value and I would recommend it for short stays with friends.

The hostel its in a good location but don't expect much more. One bathroom for every floor. No breakfast available. Just one plug in our room. One night there wasn't toilet paper in any bathroom. If you are staying in the same level as the reception, the shower is in the same area and its closed from around 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. so you will use another floor bathroom.

The hostel was definitely a good value for your money. The bathrooms were tiny and sort of dirty, also the Internet was hit or miss. But you are staying so close to everything for so little money that you really can't complain. Staff was helpful and let us leave our bags before check in so we could go explore.

This is a basic hostel. If you want to come to Amsterdam and just need a place to sleep then this is fine. But not a place to hang out and meet people. But it's very central and clean.

Security very poor as a guy who we had seen and asked for directions ages away from the hostel on our first day was in the hostel a few days later and asked us if we'd seen two English girl (which was us). Upon asking reception if he was staying in the hostel we were told he was not and had been roaming the hallways without even being asked to leave, this was not okay. The bed sheets were ripped and stained and room not in clean condition. Great location and get what you pay for

Great hostel for a great price

Improve the staff- very cold Should be a kitchen there

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Pakistan

It was just a place to sleep. There was no comfortable common area to meet people. Had no "homey" feel. The location was good and it was fairly clean. The staff was okay, but we lost our deposit because we didn't checkout on time. (They never told us the time) Although it was only 10€, the guy didn't handle it very gracefully.