Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel had no room to move between the bunks. No wardrobes or any form of safe storage. The 'complementary breakfast' is a loaf of bread, and the kitchen is a microwave and sink. The toilets and shshower are extremely unhygenic. Moreove for these terrible facilities you are expected to pay far more tgan an average hostel, AND the hostel world deposit on the booking is ignored aand must babe paid again. Finally an unnecessary hold on my card has been placed AFTER I checked out.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was about average. The beds were alright, bathrooms were rudimentary, but clean, no lockers so I was a little worried about my bags, and the breakfast was not good at all (bread, peanut butter, jam). The only thing this hostel had going for it was it's proximity to the center of the city (15 minute walk). The people there were really nice and we all made the most out of the basic social area. In summary, this hostel doesn't have anything that really justifies the extremely high price

• 27th Jul 2015

Staff were very friendly, especially Bila (I think that was his name). Such a gentleman. Rooms felt safe and for my first time hostelling this was a good experience. Lots of comments complaining about breakfast and location. The hostel is central to everything, 10-15mins walk to everywhere and I love pb&j sandwiches. At least they're feeding you. Highly recommended!

Very expensive for what was offered. Room was super hot and WiFi was terrible in our room Staff were very helpful though

no lockers, so security was non existant. it was SO hot, significantly hottter than outside. The window wouldn't open, so there was no air flow in our room either. The bathroom and shower were gross. We had one toilet and one shower between 15 people on my floor.

Summer in Amsterdam is so hot, and there is no air conditioner in hostel. The three-bed room we lived cannot take a shower. The tolite is not available in every floor and we have to go downstair for toliet.

There was no Aircon or fans in the room so it was uncomfortably hot during the stay, there was no wifi on the top floor, there are no lockers in the room so you have to give all of your things to the front desk staff which is annoying. The breakfast is just literally toast and peanut butter, not even a toaster. For over $50 a night, I expected more.”

Terrible experience. It is crazy hot during the summer. I wish they would sell the 2 communal computers and buy at least ONE fan for the entire building. At night, they close the front doors and it becomes an oven. On each floor, there is one disgusting bathroom and one disgusting shower for 5 or 6 rooms, about 30 people or so. There are stains on the bedroom walls. There is graffiti in the bathroom. Everyone was miserable there. It's way too cramped, 6 people couldn't all stand in our 6 bed.

Beds are fine, shower was awful, hardly got any sleep due to the busy noisy street outside

• 30th Jun 2015

We enyoed our stay at orfeo, staff was very friendly, but the rooms very tiny and hot. Waking up was not a pleasant experience but tjen again you can think of it as a free sauna. Also there were a lot of people on one shower and toilet. But since the location was good an the staff were very nice so I still had a good expirience.

Near everything, easy to get around by tram or bike!

• 29th Jun 2015

awesome location, only one toilet and shower per floor though. very tight staircase to carry suitcase up. beds need a better mattress

Useful if you're only going to use the hostel for what it was intended for. Sleep. Small rooms and rickety beds, but it was very well priced, especially as it was Amsterdam

The staff is amazing. This was my first hostel stay and the management at night is awesome! The guy is hilarious and very accommodating! The beds were decent and clean. The bathroom and shower was also pretty clean so overall very nice hostel and maintained very well. Wasn't very loud either! Great location as well :) *I would book in person though because you might get better rates!

my stay in amsterdam was so good the hostel is in very nice place within lot of people the staf is very nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

the hostel is located in an amazing place the staff is always kind the rooms are nice decorated and clean.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Very helpful staff, great location

Only stayed for a night but wish I stayed longer! The atmosphere was great, the main lobby is big and welcoming which makes it easy to meet people. It's a short walk from Dam Square and most of the city's attractions. The staff was friendly or playfully sarcastic and I always felt secure. Each bed did not have its own outlet which was a bit inconvenient. The other guests in my room may have been a little rude but there's not much the hostel can do about that.

My stay at orfeo was perfect the location is amazing middle of the night life and alot of restuarant, the staf is always kind and helpfull.

• 2nd Jun 2015

The location is amazing did like the atmosphere and the so many satff with different culture they are nice and the best staff, thanks salius. See you next time,

• 31st May 2015