Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

Leidsekruistraat 14, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1905 Total Reviews

The hostel should be prices at the amount listed for the services you get. The ensuite toilet is not good at all. The bedding feels like it hasn't been washed.

• 12th Apr 2014

Hard to find. A pain to navigate once inside. Couldn't wait to leave

Its quite well If you compare with price :D

If it wernt for the beds bein back breakers This place wud b 10/10 But u need to av physio after stayin ther

• 24th Mar 2014

This hostel was decent. The staff was really cool and nice. The location is fine in Amsterdam and it is safe. However, it just a little small and cramped and could be slightly cleaner. Otherwise, it is a nice place to stay.

I cant because you never sent ne conformation of my booking so when it came to that night i couldnt find an email, and couldn't remember which hostel it was. so i ended up paying cash at leidsaplein hostel. 24euro and ill get charged for not showing at orfeo, would be nice to get a refund of some of that cost. Regards christopher

We stayed here a week and did not see the bathrooms or rooms cleaned once, was super gross, things were stolen while we were there and it was juts a really uncomfortable place to be. Staff were good! Very kind and helpful, just a shame no cleaning was done. Breakfast was average just bread, peanut butter and jam,. Would be okay for one night but would not suggest anything longer than that.

Exerllent staff,goo location e very good atmosphere!

• 30th Jan 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a period of a week and excellent budget hostel . The location was best and the staff and management were most helpful and sincere . Located in the heart of leidseplien with 15 mins walk to central station and all major attractions and museums are walking distance . I would solely recommend this place having experienced welcoming staff and a friendly atmosphere In brief it's not trying to be anything it not its simple and good accommodation and at a budget

• 24th Jan 2014

Hostel Orfeo very good , I would recommend

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

I have stayed at this hostel many times. Everytime is has been such a pleasure, for the following reasons. Firstly, the customer service is always excellent. Secondly, the place is allways clean. This being undertaken by a hard working housekeeper who does not have a day off! Thirdly, it offers the best value for money with the lowest price as in the city! The hostel has a kitchen which guests may use , there is a launderette five mintes away and other intresting places.

The guy wasnt nice , the stairs so tiny and steep, and a twin room in an hostel that bad at 59euros the night its crazy.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Me and my friend completely regret picking up this hotel. It wasnt all that bad since we only stayed for one day, but staying any longer wouldve been painfull. Staff seems like it was lobotomized or just plain unfriendly. Dirty as hell and atmosphere is next to none. I wont ever come back or recommended it.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Was this a hostel or a military camp ? So awkward.. ..I think Hostel Orfeo doesn't deserve the name "hostel" ...

Great location and very nice hostel! The staff was so friendly especially Agustin! He went out of his way to help us and gave us tons of suggestions of things to see which was much appreciated!

A very friendly and helpful Staff; extremely well located. Please DO purchase a toaster and it will be amazing! Also, update your webpage mentioning that there is no cooker or oven in the kitchen where you recommended cooking. Thanks for everything!

Really Nice and Cheap Hostel!! Friendly people at the front desk, Location is Perfect, its placed in the heart of Amsterdam. Close to Pubs, Clubs, Coffeshops... etc Very close to tram stops, It is easy to get from Central Station. I definitely go back If I go to Amsterdam again. Thanks for everything guys :)

• 17th Dec 2013
  • Spain

I was very pleased with The Ofero. I was coming from Florida, and really just wanted to go out on the town, so didn't want to pay a bunch for where I slept. The Ofero had the best prices when I checked around. Now I'm a big beliver in you get what you pay for so I wasn't expecting much. I was very surprised. Before I could even enter there was a buzzer outside, so I felt very secure knowing no crazies would wander off the street inside. It was warm, the staff was nice and even got a breakast. A

The palce is very noisy because of the pubs in the neighborood and it really should be better cleaned

One of the best hostels I have ever seen. Saloon-style right in the middle of what looks like a old Western street. Staff is totally cool and friendly; Management seems genuinely interested in you as a person as well as customer, its a pleasure to see people enjoying their jobs so much. The staff seems carefully chosen with very special people. The reception room is as nice a place to chill as any bar or coffee shop, and its right off the opulent Leidsepleine! Coffee and toast in AM 2 nice!