6.8
Good 2,261 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 2,261 Total Reviews
Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Located at Leidsekruistraat 14, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands

• samskinner
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
7.4

The best part about the place is the location. For any young people traveling to Amsterdam, this place is a good fit. It was a little pricey for the quality of housing. But overall it was a good place to stay. There is one staff member named John Sol Sun who is a good guy to talk to.

22nd Jun 2016
5.1

Do not stay here. The staff is terrible. I came back into my room the first night with someone in my bed, so I had to switch rooms at 2 in the morning. The man at the desk tried to act like it was my fault. It's also gross.

19th Jun 2016
7.1

Bring your ear plugs! We had a 4-person suite that was right above a venue that had live music playing every night until about 3 or 4 in the morning. A lot of street noise too, but we had to keep the windows open since we were there in the summer time. Great location though! Ton of restaurants around and very close to the Rijksmuseum & Heineken Brewery.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
14th Jun 2016
7.4

Bit of a walk from some good coffeeshops but didn't mind as Amsterdam is a lovely city to walk through. Bathroom didn't have soap but was corrected when said to staff and staff were relatively sound in general. Internet wasn't too strong on third floor but didn't mind as rooms were nice and cosy. This hostel was certainly good value for the price we paid(18 quid a night).

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2016

As we arrived at the Hostel, The gentleman at the reception talked us through everything we needed to know during our stay and I must say, he blew me away! What a great service and what a very helpful chap. We stayed there for just one night and our rooms was reasonably quiet. Everything was clean, the Wifi was great and it was situated in the city centre. The only small issue I had was with security, although they did have a storage room, I didn't come across a locker in the room.

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jun 2016
8.0

Good location, on a street full of restaurants with good cheap food and walking distance to lots of landmarks. Staff were very nice and helpful whenever we had questions. Breakfast is just bread and jam etc. but free so can't complain. There were no lockers in our room (a dorm) which wasn't a problem as we were all together but could be if you were alone.

• balance0906
  • Indonesia, Male, 31-40
7th Jun 2016

Nice place in the nice location, I would like to stay here on my next trip to Amsterdam :)

• Brazil, Male, 41+
4th Jun 2016

Great location, OK room (I'm over 40, so take this with a grain of salt), and Bila makes you feel right at home :)

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th May 2016
6.3

I know Amsterdam is a busy city, but cleanliness should be a priority. The sheets smelled like there were some kind of orgy in the room. Other than that you are getting what you are paying (noisy, any kind of smells, crappy breakfast).

• Macedonia, Male, 25-30
22nd Apr 2016
3.4

Terrible hygiene, overcrowded, small rooms. On top of that I was asked to pay an additional 5.5% for city tax, which was contrary to the confirmation email that hostelworld has sent me, which stated that the displayed price covers all taxes. Besides that I was charged an additional 115 euros by the hostel on the debit card that I left on this website. I never gave my card details to the hostel, but only to hostelworld.com. They said that they would refund this, but still haven't done it.