Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo

5.9
Rating 2458 Total Reviews

• Lithuania, Female, 25-30
15th Sep 2017

Stayed for 2 nights. Location is absolutely ideal close to a lot of food places and nice bars . Rooms are small but beds are comfy for a 1 star hostel it had the basic stuff that you need ! Would recommend to anyone for a weekend break with large groups of friends :)

15th Sep 2017
4.0

I have seen worse hostels than this-- in Bolivia. The only upside to this place is its location a few steps from Leidseplein. Otherwise, it's awful. It's not clean, and frankly I'm not even 100% sure that the sheets were fresh. The common room is sad, so don't expect to hang out here or have many opportunities to meet other travellers. One staff member was fine, the rest were incredibly rude and unhelpful. At 60-70 EUR a night, it's a complete ripoff. DON'T trust them with your passport, no safe

9th Sep 2017
4.0

Cleanliness and facilities are pathetic, very tiny/small wash room, even we cannot turn around in wash rooms. Shower is not working properly, I took shower with cold water !!!! No ladder to step to upper bed, Though Breakfast included, just we had Bread slices with Jam, coffee

• Australia, Male, 41+
20th Aug 2017

Great spot great people. Really enjoyed myself.

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2017
6.0

Fine for a place to sleep. Watch out if you have a peanut allergy - the breakfast is pretty much just bread and there's a massive jar of pb on every table! Risky if you're smell sensitive.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
24th Jul 2017
6.0

There is only one small toilette and one shower per floor.....which means one shower for about 20 people. We had to wait in line every morning!!! Plus this was the most expensive Hostel I ever booked in my whole life and I traveled a lot. It costed me around 40 euros per night for a bed in a dorm!!!

• England, Female, 18-24
16th Jul 2017
4.6

I have given a low rating due to the unfriendly staff who complained about the city (not what you want to hear when you're excited to visit) and other guests behind their back. They do not value their customers at all - they rudely insisted I pay to store a suitcase in the secure room after check out because I wasn't a guest despite having stayed there three nights. There is also tax to be added to the already high cost of the hostel - misleading! Also they don't clean the sheets for new people.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
5.7

The person behind the reception was extremely rude when we arrived, making negative comments not only about the previous guests, the country they came from but also about Amsterdam and how he couldn't wait to leave Europe. I overheard another receptionist being rude about other guests too, this judgemental atmosphere totally ruined the hostel for me. I felt that I didn't want to sit in the dining area for fear of being judged and later talked about to other guests. Not worth the money.

12th Jul 2017
7.1

Tons of restaurants/"coffeeshops" nearby and 30 min walk from central station so you can get to pretty much anywhere in the core of the city in a brief walk. I rented a bike for an afternoon to see further sights(Voldepark, Van Gogh). Room had 3 bunk beds, smelled a bit like BO. The shower for our room was broken but there was a communal shower. Breakfast is coffee and PB&J sandwiches, wifi works well, closet to check luggage. Not luxurious but good value for money and location.

6th Jul 2017
4.3

Ugly, dirty, unconfortable and expensive.

×