Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo Reviews

2063 Total Reviews

A true disaster.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Greece

The staff in this place makes it worth the stay. They have a lot of personality and are very friendly and helpful.

The reception guy was so nice, he totally exceeded expectations. BUT the room smelled like humidity, and were tiny with almost no space to put our luggage. The showers were very poor. The breakfast... could be better.

The staff tried their best but the place is a dump. Now to the lazy owner; could you paint room # 10 and get rid of the moles at least... 2015, how about lockers instead of charging 3 € for a locked room???!! Dont consider unless you're REALY desperate. My buddy got his headphone stolen

The location of the hostel was really prime, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. As for the cleanliness, the downstairs area was clean, but there needs to be more circulation upstairs and in the bathroom. It felt damp and unclean. There should also be an age limit, some of the guests made us feel uncomfortable.

The room I was staying in (6 person, coed) was stuffy and it was hard to sleep. I didn't want to wake anyone up trying to open the window but I'm sure it could be opened. Very clean! Beds were already made and towels available. Wifi works great and the whole staff was extremely friendly/helpful. Great location also!

An amazing place to stay with access to everywhere you want to see just a few minutes away. Great staff and a lovely common area where people were often about. Reception also sells drinks and sweets which is really handy. A great place. We would recommend it to everyone.

Was such a bad stay I left the property after the first night

• 17th Mar 2015

My stay at orfeo whas very goof, the hostel is excellent located the staf is perfect helpfull anf always veryy kind.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The only good thing was that the staff was nice-ish. The bunk beds are old, short and rickety. No place to store bags. When I came in after a night of partying there was a random guy in my bed... That mattress was old and stained anyway. 4 flights of narrow stairs and no elevator. No wifi in my room and in the dorm styles 12 people share one shower and toilet which are in the same room.

I was booked on for 3 nights, only stayed 1. The place was dirty, poor facilities, the bunk beds had no guards or ladders to get up to the top bunk. One of the bunks was held together with packaging tape. The room stunk and if you left the window open you had the pleasure of listening to nightclub music all night. The room was very small, with no room to leave your backpack etc. Space was tight. Only one toilet and showered floor. And there was no atmosphere, I couldn't wait to get out!!!

• 11th Feb 2015

Some of the staff were great and very detail oriented and sharp guys...some of them were not. At night I was happy with the amount of attention they paid to who was coming/going from the hostel. The rooms were very clean and the price was excellent - plus the hostel is in an amazing spot within 10m walk to most things (5m to Rijksmusem, 10m to RLD). "Breakfast" = PBJ sandwich and coffee/tea, and the WiFi in the lobby didn't really work correctly but worked fine in my room.

• 6th Feb 2015

Amazing location, and everything was pretty much up to par with your typical hostel expectations. I would book here again.

• 2nd Jan 2015

it was awful. The are no space in room. 6 person in 10 square m. W.C and shower allmoast without ventelation. No internet. You can use it only at reciaption. kitchen closed after 10 p.m. comon space loock like place fore brutal drinck and figth.

The staff was absolutely amazing, completely made my trip. The rooms are as good as you can get for that price and comfortable. The first night there were some rowdy people that kept me up but oh well that's the risk you take with a group dorm. Plenty of restaurants nearby and I was able to walk pretty much everywhere I wanted to go.

beds must be in better condition

Location is great, but the smell in the room was awful. Everything else was ok, no more or less.

Staff people are not nice at all. They asked me more money than what HostelWorld says. Location it's kind of far from downtown. Boring atmosphere.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

Dear Geust, We never ask more money, we just ad the city tax according to terms/conditions, we are located in the middle of the centre, just check google maps. Maybe next time. Greetings

Hostel was clean and in a good location. The staff was super friendly and a good crack. The beds were the worst I've seen. Extremely uncomfortable

Allstaff really friendly, handy location, bars, cafes restaurants inclose proximity. Rooms littletight for 6beds, place is fairly clearn, needsadeep clean-marks onwalls etc