Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Good 1463 Total Reviews

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2017
5.7

Part of the staff was really rude, the common area could not be used after 0h on the first day and the day after it was even less, at 23h. No lockers, not enough plugs (and not in all beds), too dark. For the amount we paid it should be way better than it was.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Apr 2017

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, good bathroom facilities, great kitchen. Location needed a bit of a walk to get into the city, but was still reasonable and there were a lot of nice places to visit nearby.

10th Apr 2017
4.0

Very basic hostel, crowded rooms, breakfast that's included is bread, no lockers. Staff was not friendly or engaging. Overall not a good place to stay if there's another option, especially with the price we were charged. Definitely not worth the money.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Mar 2017
4.0

Absolute dump, we booked out the 4 bed dorm which was a fine room until we realised it had no windows and the air con didnt work, got very warm, guy at reception said someone was coming to fix ac which never happened. The beds are terrible, the bed sheets are filthy, one of our group now has an eye infection from sleeping on the pillow. En-suite was clean-ish. Location didnt suit us but would be ok for others. Value for money it is not, would never stay here again or reccommend anyone to stay

• filep94
  • England, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
8.0

My bed was very comfy, slept well and felt safe. Fab location, 3 minute walk to Tram #4 (taking you to the centre or station RAI in under 15 mins) and able to get the 754 night bus back at any time from centraal coach station. Didn't interact with the staff too much, even though travelling alone, but one night I came back late: drunk and very hungry. The night porter boiled the kettle for me to make a pot noodle- it was GREATLY appretiated! I would go back :)

• England, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017
5.7

Staff weren't too helpful, room was cold and we weren't able to leave our bags during the day we checked out, this has never been an issue in any other hostel I have ever stayed in.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
8.0

Really nice hostel in a lovely part of Amsterdam, quiet but accessible from the centre via tram/bus, and walkable. The room and bathroom was very clean and modern. Breakfast included, albeit bread and spreads, which seems to be rare in Amsterdam. Just be aware they have a 72 hour cancellation policy, we got completely ripped off on St Patrick's day, but not the hostel's fault - staff were as helpful as possible in the situation.

18th Feb 2017
4.6

The manager "upgraded" my last night here over refunding or reducing my cost, but this only serves to keep me from talking to bunk mates about the unprofessionalism and bait and switch kind of tactics the manager employs here. Breakfast is bread (no toaster) and spreads. I found a box of porridge to eat in the "kitchen" that is four tables and a tea kettle. Guests are asked to wash their own dishes? No napkins provided, I was offered toilet tissue to wipe my hands.

17th Feb 2017
4.9

First two nights were okay. I booked again because of the experience, but got worse service as the stay went on. The receptionist was unprofessional and rude when I complained that the water getting turned off in the middle of my shower was an issue. I asked for a refund of part of my costs, and was told it was impossible. The common spaces weren't available during most of the daytime hours because they did not inform guests they are actively renovating areas during the day.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
6.0

Hostel was pretty good. Not the best one I've stayed at, but still good location, dooms were pretty okay and included breaky which was a bonus. Would stay again, although wasn't that cheap to stay at..