Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Good 1549 Total Reviews

• Wales, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
6.3

Make the reservation online. I went in there on the night €40, using their free wi-fi I booked online and saved €10. So then went back to the desk with the confirmation e-mail. Forwarded it to them as they requested and was all good. As for the hostel itself, it was a hostel what are you expecting? It wasn't bad, everything worked. Though plugs were in annoying places to charge your phone. What more do you want from me?

• Austria, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Aug 2017
3.1

This hostel was the worst thing we experienced in our young lifes. About 20 square meters for 14 people. The bathroom was even worse, it was so small and moldy. There was dirt and dust everywhere, I don't know if they even clean the rooms. The bedsheets looked clean bust they smelled like death. We are really surprised we didn't get any sexually transmitted diseases. Whatever you do don't sleep in this hostel, you're better off sleeping outside in a trash can, would be a lot cleaner. DONT DO IT

• sylviawaddington7840
  • England, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Lovely helpful staff! although there we no lockers the reception could store valuables In a safe with a ticket system so very safe, 24hour reception meant there's always someone around. The beds were comfortable and although there were three beds per bunk (12bed room) the bunk was secured to the wall and floor so the bed didn't shake when someone moved. Overall very comfortable stay and would definitely return if I go back to Amsterdam!

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
6.3

The hostel is located in a very nice area. It's right next to the Sarphatipark and very close to the tram. The hostel was very cheap, which is a good thing. But sharing a bathroom not even 2 by 2m with 14 people is ridiculous. Also breakfast is included in the price, but I'd rather not have the breakfast. It's just dry toast bread that's not toasted and some coffee. I'd rather have a decent bathroom and no breakfast because it was useless all the same.

• crowshaven
  • Netherlands, Male, 18-24
30th Jul 2017

Not a very aesthetic hostel at first sight. Nevertheless, the employees were very helpful. I got a good, quiet room. They gave me a towel, because i forgot mine and there was free breakfast. The guests weren't very social, but that was exactly what I needed. Because of the location you can use this hostel as a clean quiet place to spend the night and leave. And besides that the employees held my laptop during the night and during the day. This hostel has a lower rating than it deserves!

• Finland, Female, 31-40
28th Jul 2017
6.9

Checkin was complicated. There was no data about my online booking in the reception and it sounded like my booking had disappeared even though I had info about the booking on my phone. Finally I was informed that the valid booking confirmation is in my e-mail.Other problem was the cash payment. I had to go late in the evening picking big amount of cash out in a place I dont know at all. Sofa would be nice in kitchen. Hope you treat your workers well, then they are happier/better with clients

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
2.3

Horrible. The worst hostel we ever stayed in.No value for money.Staff is not helpful at all. Sounds like they hate their jobs. No privacy curtains,no toaster cold breads in breakfast. No storage room at all. It's just a money making business. Highly NOT recommended

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
25th Jul 2017
5.1

Rude staff. Would not recommend

• France, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
7.4

Lovely staff and helpul!!! unfortunatly there is no a lounge place where everybody can meet up and the bathroom was very dirty

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Jul 2017
6.6

I liked the location, as it was very close to a tram stop and also a nice walk into the centre. However the rooms were very cramped, and there were no lockers.