Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The rooms was very sticky. A very tropical climate.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

breakfast could be improved, only coffee and bread available; with a small investment for a toaster would have made it luxurious, now i had to spread peanutbutter/jelly etc on a soft bread! well, there was a microwave but it's not the same. location is ok, in a more quiet neighbourhood, access to some restaurants and convenience store for 5mins walk, so I would recommend the 10e/24h bicycle rent from the hostel, I made the mistake to pay over that price in MacBike rental service

The only thing good about this hostel is the price. I was in a mixed dorm and there were bunk beds stacked 3 high! The smell in the room was so bad that one staff member had to come in and scrub the floors to see if that would help. They were doing construction also so sometimes the water did not work as well as the WiFi for about 20 minutes. If you can, stay somewhere else.

15 mins from city centre...not terrible, you get what you pay for. No social environment, just a small basic place to stay for cheap!

Pro: cheap during the week. Con: not many ac Power in the room, small and stinky room. Poor breakfast. The staff is rude, except for Agustín who is really helpfull.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

I have been backpacking for the past 3 months and this was one of the most expensive yet completely disgusting hostels I've ever seen. Didn't receive a room key throughout my entire stay at this hostel. The rooms were so small I could barely squeeze into the room with my pack and the bathroom wasn't cleaned through my stay. Most of the staff were clueless, rude and unhelpful. No lockers anywhere. Breakfast was one loaf of stale bread. Nobody talks to each other and over atmosphere was terrible.

Came late at night once.. Security was drunk outside and let me right in without asking if I stayed there. Quite pricey for the poor location and lack of space. No AC in the room. The room wasn't even set up in a useful fashion.. I had to squeeze in between bed frames just to get to my bed. Worst hostel I've stayed in after being in Europe for over a month now.

I stayed one night in a 12 bed dorm I believe. It wasn't so bad. The wifi was strong and the price was right. The down side was really just the bathroom, although convenient, it was gross. As the others have stated the moisture from the shower just sort of stays in there making everything slightly damp. Breakfast was just some bread, butter, and jam but as a tired backpacker I was extremely grateful for it. Overall this place isn't bad and I would probably book again.

Average to poor hostel. Bathroom unclean, lack of kitchen facilities (just a microwave and a kettle) no ladder or safety bar onto my very rickety top bunk Ok location

Quite a walk from the center and the staff we pretty miserable. Theres a nice Park accross the road if you just want to chill in the sun, so that was a bonus. Breakfast was pretty standard and included bread and jam.

May not be the cleanest (but maybe thats becos of the people u are staying with) but it is cheap so u pay for what u get.

Very expensive for the quality you get! amost 70 euros per night for one bed in a tiny 9 people dorm Rooms are clean and beds are confortable Staff not friendly - only concern was that we pay as quickly as possible and in cash! Very small bathroom for nine people, and toilets not separated from shower which is not convenient at all no individual light for each bed Breakfast is very poor for a night paid 70 euros..

• 29th May 2015
  • Morocco

That hotel Absolutely needs a woman staff. Man doesn't understand what clean and beautiful means...

• 28th May 2015
  • Turkey

Me and my friend stayed at Sarphat hostel for two days. We rented one twin room. First of all man with a beard who is sitting in the reception is very rude. I heard that he had some conflict with other ghost. Even more you should except drunk(or smoked) staff at evening. when you book room in this hostel they do not include city Tax (5%). Also, you have to lend 10 EUR for the Key (are you kidding me?). In the kitchen you can find little mouses. I suggest not to stay in this hostel.

• 26th May 2015
  • Georgia

Rooms were not big enough(6bed dorm only big enough for 4beds in my opinion) and no space or lockers for luggage. Shower okay but no curtain so all the bathroom gets WET. Ok beds, dirty floor and not good common area. Good location, good directions to find the hostel and many good restaurants around -> ok for travellers only looking for a place to sleep, but would not stay there for long time.

Staff is nice and helpful, the rooms are really small but the atmosphere is great. ~15 min walk to city center

Good Breakfast, Good location, a Little far from the dowtown, but nothing that a traveler's feet could stop them ;), incredible staff and an excelente PRICE, for sure i´ll return there.

• 20th May 2015
  • Mexico

think more of people and less of business and money

Unfortunate that there isn't a personal locker, and having access to powerpoints were difficult. However there is a nice living area downstairs so we could use the wifi and charge our phones.

Little value for money. The staff was helpful but the facility is pathetic. The stairway is narrow and dangerous. Room are congested with no room service. The breakfast was also not up to the mark. They also didn't give us any invoice despite our request.

• 1st May 2015