Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

think more of people and less of business and money

Unfortunate that there isn't a personal locker, and having access to powerpoints were difficult. However there is a nice living area downstairs so we could use the wifi and charge our phones.

Little value for money. The staff was helpful but the facility is pathetic. The stairway is narrow and dangerous. Room are congested with no room service. The breakfast was also not up to the mark. They also didn't give us any invoice despite our request.

• 1st May 2015
  • Pakistan

the location is great, the staff is friendly, a bit dirty in the bathroom but otherwise good value for the money.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Ukraine

stuff are really kind and helpful. Located in Museum area, so if u like museums, it is a good choice. Anyway, Amsterdam is really concentrated with most of spots within walking distance. problems are the dorm/bed/floor is not that clean and breakfast is really like nothing...

Staff were great

• 14th Apr 2015
  • British Virgin Islands

The location was very nice and the staff helpful. It's not too far from the center (by walk) and the area is pretty nice. The bedroom was very small, but it was really ok for the price.

An expensive drty and chaotic place. It's not allowed to pay with credit card and the proportion quality-price is quite low. You'll pay a lot for sharing a room with 11 people in a really narrow room. Toilet and the shower are located in the same little, dirty bathroom. I'd never recommend this place to anyone. The only advantage is that the hostel is located near the downtown. That's the only possitive thing I've seen in this hostel. But it seemed to me it's just a business for earning money.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

When I showed up late at night, I walked into my room and there was someone in the bed I was supposed to be in. It smelled disgusting and the bed looked like they had not been changed in a couple days. It was not worth my money at all to stay there and they would not allow me to cancel my last night there even though I emailed and told them at the desk two days prior. I would not suggest this place to my worst enemy.

• 9th Apr 2015

Thank you for your comment. We work with bed numbers, Someone else picked the wrong bed and we always fix this right away. We always process the cancellations in time, we don't do last minute cancellations. We still hope you have had a nice time. Greetings

this hostel got really bad reviews so it was a lot better than expected. they had free WiFi which is always nice and free breakfast even though it was just bread jam and peanut butter but it's free! The staff wasn't very friendly though and the door to our bathroom was really hard to open and close but it wasn't a bad stay.

It was a really cold atmosphere, not really clean and staff tries to ripp you off on any occasion.

Don't you ever book here! If you have time to read this, I'll give you many reasons to book somewhere else, perhaps you'd be lucky else where! These are basic reasons why you shouldn't: specially room 22 2- bathroom: small, dirty , shared with 14 people. 3- one single ceiling light 4. Deceiving breakfast 5- dirty dining, cluttered room. 6- disgusting 7-not enough power outlet - enough! STAY AWAY!!!

unfriendly, incompetent and arrogant staff. They can't resolve issues relatated with booking/hostelworld, damaging the client. no respect for the client at all poor poor breakfast.

• Portugal

Thank you for your comment. Due to a technical bug you have managed to book the six person room two times, this happened because you were booking the same room on two channels the same time, to resolve this was beyond our capabilities, because we have only one six person room, but we did compensate you and this doesn't make us a bad hostel or incompetent. We have a small breakfast to get you started in the morning, it's free. Greetings

Staff were very friendly, offered great advice on locations to visit, and hospitable. Overall this isn't the prettiest or best hostel, however its location was perfect for my needs, the staff - night and morning - made my experience that much more of a pleasant experience.

• 27th Mar 2015

No lockers, no cleaning done over the four days we were there. Far from centre

• 27th Mar 2015

thank you for feedback. We clean the hostel everyday, maybe you didn't see it. Greetings

The staff were really accommodating and helpful with everything like getting back to the airport, places to see and also train times. Fran was lovely to talk to and went above and beyond to help me with getting home. The hostel was nice and clean all the time and I had a great time. I highly recommend this hostel!

We were at the sarphati hostel with 4 Girls . It was a great time in Amsterdam. The hostel ist just a 2 Minute walk away from the tram. Our room was clean and the stuff at the reeption was very friendly

• 13th Mar 2015

Before booking it i read the bad comments and i did not believe. But the thing is, those bad comments were rigth. Everything there, with exeption of the location, is bad!! The room smells, THE SEALING WAS LEAKING WATER!!! They dont have lockers. The bathroom is almost unusable, all dirty, it seems like that they dont even clean it once a day.. The included breakfast is a piece of bread with butter, they dont even have a toaster to make it a little better.

Thank you for feedback. We had some trouble in the shower above the room, the is is in the nature of the business, but we fixed it wright away. We have a small free breakfast in the morning. Greetings

I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm, which was Tiny. There was cry limited space for storing your luggage without it being in the way for the other guests. The door the ensuite did not work, so using the bathroom was difficult and uncomfortable, especially being a girl. The breakfast in the morning is tea and coffee with bread and the choice of jam or peanut butter. A toaster would improve this a lot. The stairs are very steep, but being in Amsterdam, that is what you old expect.

Is alright if you're just using the hostel to sleep, no confie common areas or anything, good location... But they charged smt on my card without my authorisation... I sent an email and I'm still waiting for an answer!

• 24th Feb 2015