Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Good 1446 Total Reviews
Good 1446 Total Reviews

18th Feb 2017
4.6

The manager "upgraded" my last night here over refunding or reducing my cost, but this only serves to keep me from talking to bunk mates about the unprofessionalism and bait and switch kind of tactics the manager employs here. Breakfast is bread (no toaster) and spreads. I found a box of porridge to eat in the "kitchen" that is four tables and a tea kettle. Guests are asked to wash their own dishes? No napkins provided, I was offered toilet tissue to wipe my hands.

17th Feb 2017
4.9

First two nights were okay. I booked again because of the experience, but got worse service as the stay went on. The receptionist was unprofessional and rude when I complained that the water getting turned off in the middle of my shower was an issue. I asked for a refund of part of my costs, and was told it was impossible. The common spaces weren't available during most of the daytime hours because they did not inform guests they are actively renovating areas during the day.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017
6.0

Hostel was pretty good. Not the best one I've stayed at, but still good location, dooms were pretty okay and included breaky which was a bonus. Would stay again, although wasn't that cheap to stay at..

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
30th Jan 2017
6.6

The staff were the best part about this place very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was only bread and spreads with no toaster to even make toast. Place is rundown but in a nice location near park.

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Jan 2017
8.0

This hostel is in a great area in Amsterdam. It's a 10 minute tram ride from central station which is easily in walking distance too. The rooms are very basic but good value for money - stayed for one night in january with my friend and it was perfect to just come in and out of during the day. the staff were very friendly and helpful - went out of their way to help with printing our boarding passes and storing our valuables!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
6.3

Breakfast was just bread and jam, the rooms were dusty and dirty, there's no real common area and it was very very expensive. But it's in a great location, the staff were friendly and we had a great time.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
4.9

Awful. Stayed here over new year because it was the only place left with five beds. 100e for 31st and 80e for 1st leaves a very sour taste. The place so filthy it gave me hayfever. Building work happening downstairs so everything was covered in plaster dust and there was no hot water for the last day/night. Triple decker bunks, nowhere to store things, no lockers and beds not changed or assigned & some girl tried to climb into my bed while I was asleep. Stale bread for breakfast. Peter is good.

19th Dec 2016

Hostel in a good location, close to the canals and the heart of town. Great park across the street. Bunks are pretty comfortable. The check-in time can be annoying if you have an early flight (instead of 13:00 they wrote 1:00 which confused me at first glance)

17th Dec 2016

The location is in front of a quiet park and not too far away from the museums. There is little space for your stuff and luggage, but I guess it is still as much as in some of the other Amsterdam hostels I have stayed at. Breakfast was as others have stated before - only without the ham, but it is free. On the other hand, there are no age restrictions for over 30s and no obligation to stay more than one night. If I had had the choice, I would probably have stayed at a more central location.

15th Dec 2016

Just had a great time in Amsterdam in and out of the hostel. Cant wait to come back really:)