6.7
Good 1,345 Total Reviews
6.7
Good 1,345 Total Reviews
Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Located at Sarphatipark 58, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1073 CZ Amsterd Sarphatipark 58
67% 1345
52.3534029 4.8950958
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2016
4.6

No lockers, which I knew from other reviews. No space to hang anything. The bathrooms were the worst bathrooms I've seen in a hostel. Gross and cramped. The free breakfast is just loaves of bread left out with knives to add jam or peanut butter. The lounge was the worst. A curtain in the lounge poorly blocks you from seeing haphazardly placed tools and cleaning supplies. The rooms were very damp. Especially bad when you're on the top of the triple bunk bed.

• Alex2882
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Jun 2016
5.4

The guy on when I checked in was so rude! he couldn't find the key for my room an said 'I'll go look for a spare' came back 25-30 minutes later with his dinner and said oh you're still here. so I never got a key had to get reception to let me in every time the bath room was so dirty the rooms had far to many beds And no lockers

• Chile, Couple, 25-30
12th Jun 2016

We really enjoyed our stay, the people there was super friendly and help us in anything! Good location and relax environment ;)

• Canada, Male, 18-24
12th Jun 2016

I had a wonderful stay! The staff was great and the common room was alot of fun!!!! The location was nice only a 30 min walk from the city center and the park across the street was wonderful. I will be back my next stop in Amsterdam :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

I enjoyed staying here! I had to change rooms a couple times so I experienced the differences between rooms and enjoyed all the people I met and it was right next to the ferry that takes you directly to City Centre. I highly recommend renting a bike!

8th Jun 2016
5.7

The staff was very helpful but in any way they did not provide any solution for cash lock and any security option for it. I was robbed the same day lost 500 Euro. Of course, the hostel was not responsible for robbery, but I hoped that they had a solution for cash security. They have no plan for cash security.

29th May 2016
6.9

Location, location, location. This hostel has an unbeatable spot within walking distance to most of the central city. Great and friendly staff as well. Amenities and room are standard. A friendly bit of advice would be to replace the TV in the common room with a music stereo system as most guests did not like reality TV as a background and it doesn't exactly give a good vibe or atmosphere of the hostel commons area.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
27th May 2016
3.1

The worst hostel experience I've had so far. Cramped room, no lockers, there was 1 power point for a 9 person dorm, bathroom was always dirty. The 'communal area' was almost non-existent, and the kitchen did not have a stone, oven, toaster or kettle, so making your own meals was impossible. The "free breakfast" is pieces of white bread with jam or peanut butter. My main issue though were the staff, who were very rude and extremely unhelpful. I moved to a different hostel after the 2nd ni

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
20th May 2016
8.0

The staff were lovely and very easy going! They also kept our passports in a safe place all week (since the rooms don't have lockers) The location is great! We brought a tram pass and didn't have to use it all week! Had a lovely experience solely on the easy going staff!

20th May 2016
2.9

Not a good hostel for the price, especially on the weekend. It is outdated, old and dirty. It doesn't seem like the staff puts any effort into keeping it even slightly clean. No plugs for the beds. No lockers. Breakfast is basically bread and butter. Would not recommend this to anyone.