Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Is the worst hostel I have ever been too, there weren't towels, there weren't enough sheets for the beds, the room was dirty (there was a can of Fanta in the room), the night receptionist gave us an unpolite service.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Only one bathroom inside the room and very small. Employee not sympatic at all. Don't accept card.

• 29th Aug 2014

hi, thank for your stay. we do our best to give the best service. it is clearly mentioned on the website that is cash at arrival. we hope you had a nice stay. staff hostel sarphati

Expensive at the weekend. I traveled for 50 days and was the only hostel that had different prices during the week and the weekend. Was the first also that I spent more money to reserved. The staff told me that I will receive my money again. Excellent localization. Very close to a nice street market in Albert straat and a lot of good cafes and local restaurants. Friendly staffs and very good bed!

Great breakfast coffee!

The facilities aren't special but the staff is, especially Rodin (Sorry if I remember the name wrong). He helped us in every way he could with all of our problems and made sure we had a pleasant stay. Thanks Dude :)

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Terrible. If your looking for somewhere near to the city center, this hostel is not for you. We were in an 8 bed room that was extremely cramped. We were sleeping head to head, and there was no lockers available. Mold on the ceiling and in every corner of the bathroom. The water in the shower pooled at your feet. Really overpriced for what you get, and they over booked our room. We had to prove that we were staying in our room after 3 nights of being there. Ended up checking out 2 nights early.

Pretty standard hostel, fair prices when it's not the weekend. A bit of a trek away from the center of the city, but not an awful bike or tram ride away. The staff was relatively helpful, but it's not somewhere I would stay for an extended period of time.

No communication between staffmembers. Staff didn't seems to care at all about their guests. We got blamed for the hostels own screw up. Things missing after the hostelstaff moved our stuff to another room. Bald guy in the reception is extremely rude. Breakfast is poor.

This hostel was very unorganized and the accommodations were very poor. The front desk double booked the bed I had, the light switches didn't work, and neither did the toilet.

• 5th Aug 2014

No frills hostel in an awesome authentic Amsterdam location. More or less a local area with beautiful park across road. Facilities are basic but I think if you are on a budget this is a top pick. Staff accommodate baggage storage well. Only problem is a bit pricey for what the facilities offer but then again it's peak season. Would stay again purely for location. Beats staying at somewhere like the flying pig which promotes no experience of the real Amsterdam like saphati.

the hostel was awful, i woke up one morning to find that my towel, boxers and jumper had been stolen from my bag; balcony and bed. there where no lockers or methods of protecting your property, I'm not one of those people that is a complete jobsworth, im a 19 year old student who was interrailing and had to stay at a great variety of hostels, campsites, BnB's and hotels. However i woulod severly suggest DO NOT go to this hostel, i need compensation.

• 30th Jul 2014

The staff was very root, came in moving everyones stuff around, so you had to look for your things in other peoples beds. They were very noisy when the to cleaning men had to clean the room in the middle of the day, and arguing.

It was alright

This was the dirtiest hostel I've stayed in in my life! (And I've traveled a lot). The staff are terrible and unhelpful. They shrugged their shoulders when I brought something up to them, so don't bother. 'Breakfast' is literally toast. That's all. And they have one toaster, so you have the whole hostel lining up to make toast. If they cleaned the bathrooms and rooms, got another toaster and cereal, and staff with better attitudes it would be a decent hostel

Breakfast really weak and the dishes not clean. We were there in the and it was extremely hot in our room, but it was a really uncommon temperature I was told.

Easy to get using the trams... but arriving near/after midnight is inconvenient. Overheard many people complaining or picking fights with guy at the front desk at night.. hard to sleep on the first floor. My first night was shouted at by a guy for making "too much noise".. However, the rest of the people I met were polite and talkative. No common socializing space besides the basement kitchen area... served as an OK home base.. but felt a little pushed out after oversleeping the 10am checkout.

The rooms were really small and not enough space for 8 people to move around. There is only one bathroom and toilet and they are attached so having 8 people in one room is a big problem. Wi-Fi connectivity was poor. It wasn't accessible throughout the entire room, only at the entrance of the room.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • India

It's a nice place with friendly and helpfull staff :) we had a lovely time :) Beware of steep stairs if you have heavy luggage :) no elevator, but it wasn't a problem :)

This hostel was overrun with cats. Not good for someone with severe allergies. This is something that should have been mentioned in the hostel information. Bathrooms/toilets were disgusting. Sheets had a strange odor and were discolored. The "free breakfast" was simply toast and peanut butter. Nowhere to lock personal belongings and the rod were unbelievably small. Hardly room to stretch out your arms. DO NOT STAY HERE

Very Nice decorated hostel the people there where always the best.

• 3rd Jul 2014