Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent accommodation, great value for money!

Excellent situated, clean and quiet, with cool people working there! Definitely a good place to spend couple of days visiting Amsterdam!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is very clean and calm and the people working here are very helpful!!!!

Not so much organized. Poor breakfast and not healthy (everyone taking the bread with hands, and only few jars of marmelade or butter for many people). Not possible to pay with card, we had serious problems because we couldn't take money from an atm and hadn't cash anymore.

In my oppinion, it'll be better to add an additional tram that get quite close to the hostel, number 16. Then, to mention the closest supermarket to the hostel, like Albert Hejin.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Russia

It's more than half an hour walk from the Amstel and an hour walk from other attractions. Very small property and conjusted atmosphere.

The hostel was very expensive. It's in Amsterdam and it was during a busy weekend so part of that is understandable but I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this one was distinctly below average. When I arrived, the member of staff attended to me reluctantly but didn't appear to be doing anything else. I was helped by another member of staff the next day - he was very polite and helpful. Overall though, the place had a bad atmosphere and needs a refurbishment.

A regular hostel, the staff is helpful, but there was a gay from Dominican Republic that was really good guy, very helpful and good talker.

Got charged a steep rate over the weekend but the place is convenient and comfortable.

It's was great for meeting people and a cheap place to stay, was only there one night but the area was really nice and chilled. Staff were hit and miss, one receptionist was really nice and helpful, the other one was a bit grumpy. Breakfast was minimal and kitchen was equipped only with a microwave and small fridge, not even a toaster.

My familiarity with saphati hostel insures my comfort. I was lame when I arrived this time and was able to suffer through a day and a half with one working leg. I was able to return to my room midday and sleep peacefully. My lack of mobility was helped by the location of bathroom and kitchen. I was able to find all I needed within the sarphati park neighborhood without much walking or riding. Great place.

• 22nd Sep 2014

awesome staff, always free coffee and good breakfast. we highly recommend this place

Great&friendly Staff. Sarphati Park is wonderful and Leidseplein is a 20 min walk away.

11eur for a bed and a breakfast in the centre of ams, what can u expect?

The hostel staff were pretty disorganised, didn't really know what was going on. The atmosphere was poor and it was pretty hard to meet new people even if you were downstairs where they had a kitchen. And the breakfast was horrible, might as well not do one.

Is the worst hostel I have ever been too, there weren't towels, there weren't enough sheets for the beds, the room was dirty (there was a can of Fanta in the room), the night receptionist gave us an unpolite service.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Spain

The beds were not made and room was not clean, but the staff was helpful and friendly. Good wifi connection and good location.

The guy at reception was not kind. He thinks that he is a commander and every time he gives orders to every client. I did not feel comfortable at this hostel. I won't go this hostel any more.

Only one bathroom inside the room and very small. Employee not sympatic at all. Don't accept card.

• 29th Aug 2014

hi, thank for your stay. we do our best to give the best service. it is clearly mentioned on the website that is cash at arrival. we hope you had a nice stay. staff hostel sarphati

Expensive at the weekend. I traveled for 50 days and was the only hostel that had different prices during the week and the weekend. Was the first also that I spent more money to reserved. The staff told me that I will receive my money again. Excellent localization. Very close to a nice street market in Albert straat and a lot of good cafes and local restaurants. Friendly staffs and very good bed!