Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

6.7
Good 1492 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

Definitely underrated on this website, was clean, staff was extremely friendly as well. Only con is that the location was a pretty decent little walk to the fun nightlife stuff, but other than that it was great. Would recommend.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017

I had a really pleasant stay here. The staff were so helpful and nice, the location was close to bus stops and many good shops, and I had what I needed to have a good stay in Amsterdam. It's nothing fancy but it's everything you need!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2017

Against all other reviews that I read it was very nice. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was acceptable for the price paied. Essy access to public transportationa and a very nice park os roght acros the street.

15th Jun 2017
7.1

It's good had the breakfast included, with that I managed to meet some interesting people. Bad thing, doesn't have a socket for charging your phone, without my power bank I was lost

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jun 2017
6.0

This was basically my last option due to a last minute booking. It's tolerable but I definitely wouldn't stay there again. They tried to cram way too many beds into a tiny room (4 triple bunks and one regular) and had one bathroom for all 14 of us to share. The outlets (only 4) were in very inconvenient locations in other people's beds. There were also no lockers and not much security. It is a decent location and relatively clean but not worth it in my opinion.

9th Jun 2017
4.3

Pros: Great location One great staff member Room and bathroom very clean Cons: The bunk beds are three levels, which is fine if you don't mind being on high bunks, but the third is very close to the ceiling. I asked to change and was told I would need to pay extra, even though guests in the bottom bunks had left. Rooms very hot Way too expensive for what you get (€60/night Saturday) Rude staff Few outlets Cash only No lockers Considered leaving- I don't recommend staying here

7th Jun 2017

It was our first ever hostel, so we didn't know what to expect. Fortunately the hostel staff were very accommodating and the kind guests made the stay a very pleasant one. Besides the extremely tight spiraling staircases and the small crammed rooms, and lack of bathrooms I have no complaints. The breakfast was well appreciated and we made some good friends to tour the city. Definitely a worthy place to introduce someone to Amsterdam.

• aussieexplorer98
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2017
2.6

This is the only hostel I have ever left - and there is a good reason for it. Never have I been treated to poorly by staff and never have I dreaded coming back to the hostel. I personally guarantee that if you stay here you WILL regret it - you have been warned

30th May 2017
8.0

Past reviews mention the tight/steep staircase - that's all of Amsterdam so not really a valid complaint. With regards to staff - whoever helped us check in was phenomenal. The other staff member we encountered seemed like he hated his life & we were a huge burden on him. "Breakfast included" - bread, peanut butter & jam. Plenty of cafes close by if you want more. No lockers but people were respectful of each other's stuff. Very close to numerous metro lines. Overall it was a fine hostel.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
27th May 2017

A great place to stay. Renovated bathrooms, coffee every morning with bread and jam (kinda standard for all cafes in the area, and walking distance to anywhere. ask where the the AH supermarket is and eat cheaper than the shops. But a damn good are to be in and the price is decent.