6.0
Good 1,428 Total Reviews
6.0
Good 1,428 Total Reviews
Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Located at Sarphatipark 58, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1073 CZ Amsterd Sarphatipark 58
60% 1428
52.3534029 4.8950958
    Rooms available

20th Nov 2016

I was a little bit scared when I read the reviews but for me wasn't too bad. I guess it depends on the season (I went between the week in November so it wasn't too busy) and the collegues you share the room (in my case I hadn't any problem). Toilet can be a issue but not too bad again. Brekfast (ham, nutella and coffee/te) which is enough if you are not fussy. The staff were friendly and very helpful but for me the best was the localitation. I would repeat but maybe it will be diferent ;)

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016
4.9

Appalling customer service. I needed to cancel my stay after some bad family news and emailed with 72 hours notice to cancel. I didn't hear back from them until FOUR DAYS LATER after prompting them again, and contacting hostelworld. The reply I got back was one sentence outlining the cancellation policy, which I very obviously already knew. When I replied asking quite reasonably for a more helpful response I heard not a peep back, and surprise surprise I have been charged. Rubbish!

• USA, Male, 18-24
29th Oct 2016

Hostel in a good location, close to the canals and the heart of town. Great park across the street. Bunks are pretty comfortable. The check-in time can be annoying if you have an early flight (instead of 13:00 they wrote 1:00 which confused me at first glance)

• USA, Couple, 25-30
22nd Oct 2016
4.0

DO NOT STAY HERE. We stayed here because it was cheap and we paid for it in the end. Our second night we woke up with bedbug bites and the manager was not surprised at all (not a good sign). He refunded us that night but refused to refund our first night because we had stayed in a different room and the conversation ended with him yelling at us. The "kitchen" was dirty and had only a mini fridge and a microwave. One of the employees was openly talking about how terrible this place was. STAY AWAY

• Turkey, Female, 18-24
20th Oct 2016
4.6

I stayed two different rooms and first one was too cold and smelling humidity dirty and messy.. Second room was incredible! I never seen such a messy room before.. Location also was not close to city centre.. Breakfast is included the price but they are just serving chocolate and jam!! Nothing else..

• Australia, Female, 18-24
17th Oct 2016
7.7

Close walk to everything in the city. There is a tram close by and fresh food markets a close walk. Coffee in the morning is great.

• USA, Couple, 25-30
17th Oct 2016
2.6

Terrible experience. It's small, there are no lockers, the staff is borderline rude, and we were robbed by our roommate. When telling the staff what happened, we asked for a refund - pretty understandable - they refused. Unbelievable. Being a female travel, I will not stay somewhere I'm uncomfortable, so we packed our stuff and left. I would never stay here again & if you don't like being robbed, I'd advise you the same. BTW: On our way out they said this (robbery) "only" happens every 2 months

• USA, Female, 18-24
13th Oct 2016
4.9

The hostel was fairly pricey for what was included. The nine person flat had just a few outlets for everyone and only one bathroom which was a huge inconvenience. No lockers to keep your things safe and it was very far from the center of town. The staff was nice enough but they seemed lost half of the time and even messed up my reservation. Overall, not the worst experience but I wouldn't stay here again.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Oct 2016
3.4

So terrible. It was really quite hard to find our way there, and not at all what we expected. The bunks were so low you couldn't even sit up, the shower was just a nook right beside the toilet, exceptionally steep stairs and "breakfast" was just slices of bread with spread. I do not recommend this place for anyone. The only reason I would say to use it is if you are just staying the night to sleep and then leaving and have a very light pack, otherwise go elsewhere. Even then go elsewhere.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2016
6.9

What you would expect from this class of hostel. Close to city center, with decent accommodations but lacking cleaning. Not because they don't clean their facilities every day, but because people trash the place every now and than.