Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not worth the money, poor location, smelly rooms and bathrooms, small rooms, breakfast was just plain bread and peanut butter. Also they charged my credit card without letting me know for a unknown amount and it still hasn't been paid yet. I slept on top of a triple bunk and my head was right by the celing. Very dodgy looking, I felt like I could get some sickness staying there. Moved out in two nights. Steps were like climbing a ladder, very dangerous.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

Dirty bathrooms full of old and empty shampoo bottles, some type of leak on the second floor making the caperpet wet and stink! No lockers although you can leave stuff at reception which is often a complex task, under the beds dirty and dusty. Kitchen is a microwave and no toaster for bread for breakfast.

• 16th Jul 2015

Dirty bathroom and floor.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Was very defficult to get there... i think they need to fix 'how to get there' on website. There were 4 streets which name is 'Sarphati' around Sarphati park, and we were sturuggled which street to go... it's like 10 or 15minutes from the closest tram station. But staffs are all friendly and nice :)

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Japan

It's not a really good place to stay. It's more than a km to get to the center, but this is not the biggest problem. Rooms are small and they managed to fit 12 beds in each. The place is not something you can call clean, starting from the moquette in the hall or on the stairs to the toilet. Breakfast is included but is composed of jam, butter and low quality bread that cannot be toasted, un fact there isn't a toaster. But it's cheap.

good place and good staff are make me happy

The staff seemed nice and willing to help. The hostel is based in a kinda good spot as it is really Close to the albert cuyp market. It is quite the bit from city center though but definitely walkable. We were in a 9 people room and it was very small but I can't really complain as it was what we expected. It did not have any safety locks and there were only one toilet for all of us. The balcony seemed to be connected to some other room too, not sure what that was though.

nice location right across from a park. pretty easy to get around from the hostel to the main city centre etc. only bad thing is very steep stairs

The rooms was very sticky. A very tropical climate.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

breakfast could be improved, only coffee and bread available; with a small investment for a toaster would have made it luxurious, now i had to spread peanutbutter/jelly etc on a soft bread! well, there was a microwave but it's not the same. location is ok, in a more quiet neighbourhood, access to some restaurants and convenience store for 5mins walk, so I would recommend the 10e/24h bicycle rent from the hostel, I made the mistake to pay over that price in MacBike rental service

The only thing good about this hostel is the price. I was in a mixed dorm and there were bunk beds stacked 3 high! The smell in the room was so bad that one staff member had to come in and scrub the floors to see if that would help. They were doing construction also so sometimes the water did not work as well as the WiFi for about 20 minutes. If you can, stay somewhere else.

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff weren't very nice at all. The place was the worst

15 mins from city centre...not terrible, you get what you pay for. No social environment, just a small basic place to stay for cheap!

Pro: cheap during the week. Con: not many ac Power in the room, small and stinky room. Poor breakfast. The staff is rude, except for Agustín who is really helpfull.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

I have been backpacking for the past 3 months and this was one of the most expensive yet completely disgusting hostels I've ever seen. Didn't receive a room key throughout my entire stay at this hostel. The rooms were so small I could barely squeeze into the room with my pack and the bathroom wasn't cleaned through my stay. Most of the staff were clueless, rude and unhelpful. No lockers anywhere. Breakfast was one loaf of stale bread. Nobody talks to each other and over atmosphere was terrible.

Came late at night once.. Security was drunk outside and let me right in without asking if I stayed there. Quite pricey for the poor location and lack of space. No AC in the room. The room wasn't even set up in a useful fashion.. I had to squeeze in between bed frames just to get to my bed. Worst hostel I've stayed in after being in Europe for over a month now.

I stayed one night in a 12 bed dorm I believe. It wasn't so bad. The wifi was strong and the price was right. The down side was really just the bathroom, although convenient, it was gross. As the others have stated the moisture from the shower just sort of stays in there making everything slightly damp. Breakfast was just some bread, butter, and jam but as a tired backpacker I was extremely grateful for it. Overall this place isn't bad and I would probably book again.

Average to poor hostel. Bathroom unclean, lack of kitchen facilities (just a microwave and a kettle) no ladder or safety bar onto my very rickety top bunk Ok location

Quite a walk from the center and the staff we pretty miserable. Theres a nice Park accross the road if you just want to chill in the sun, so that was a bonus. Breakfast was pretty standard and included bread and jam.

May not be the cleanest (but maybe thats becos of the people u are staying with) but it is cheap so u pay for what u get.

« first « Prev 1 2 3