Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly even the house keepers! They work long hours after speaking to one guy so respect for keeping a great attitude. Good hostel for a few days stay and bike hire was reasonable otherwise the tram stops around the corned

• 29th Dec 2014

bad location, bad quality, very expensive (but during NYE), and pretty horrible place all round generally.

The rooms were very congested. It was not good. The staff was very cooperative.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • India

Not bad. If you want to stay more cheaper, this hostel is good.

Too many people per room. Cramped. We had 12 people for one toilet and shower. The roof leaked, the beds were lopsided, the window wouldn't shut all the way.

• 20th Dec 2014

Very nice and calm place with helpful staff always ready to give good advise. Perfect position ! !

Excellent accommodation, great value for money!

Excellent situated, clean and quiet, with cool people working there! Definitely a good place to spend couple of days visiting Amsterdam!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is very clean and calm and the people working here are very helpful!!!!

Not so much organized. Poor breakfast and not healthy (everyone taking the bread with hands, and only few jars of marmelade or butter for many people). Not possible to pay with card, we had serious problems because we couldn't take money from an atm and hadn't cash anymore.

In my oppinion, it'll be better to add an additional tram that get quite close to the hostel, number 16. Then, to mention the closest supermarket to the hostel, like Albert Hejin.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Russia

It's more than half an hour walk from the Amstel and an hour walk from other attractions. Very small property and conjusted atmosphere.

The hostel was very expensive. It's in Amsterdam and it was during a busy weekend so part of that is understandable but I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this one was distinctly below average. When I arrived, the member of staff attended to me reluctantly but didn't appear to be doing anything else. I was helped by another member of staff the next day - he was very polite and helpful. Overall though, the place had a bad atmosphere and needs a refurbishment.

A regular hostel, the staff is helpful, but there was a gay from Dominican Republic that was really good guy, very helpful and good talker.

Got charged a steep rate over the weekend but the place is convenient and comfortable.

It's was great for meeting people and a cheap place to stay, was only there one night but the area was really nice and chilled. Staff were hit and miss, one receptionist was really nice and helpful, the other one was a bit grumpy. Breakfast was minimal and kitchen was equipped only with a microwave and small fridge, not even a toaster.

My familiarity with saphati hostel insures my comfort. I was lame when I arrived this time and was able to suffer through a day and a half with one working leg. I was able to return to my room midday and sleep peacefully. My lack of mobility was helped by the location of bathroom and kitchen. I was able to find all I needed within the sarphati park neighborhood without much walking or riding. Great place.

• 22nd Sep 2014

awesome staff, always free coffee and good breakfast. we highly recommend this place

Great&friendly Staff. Sarphati Park is wonderful and Leidseplein is a 20 min walk away.

11eur for a bed and a breakfast in the centre of ams, what can u expect?