6.0
Good 1,441 Total Reviews
6.0
Good 1,441 Total Reviews
Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Located at Sarphatipark 58, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1073 CZ Amsterd Sarphatipark 58
60% 1441
52.3534029 4.8950958
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Jan 2017
8.0

This hostel is in a great area in Amsterdam. It's a 10 minute tram ride from central station which is easily in walking distance too. The rooms are very basic but good value for money - stayed for one night in january with my friend and it was perfect to just come in and out of during the day. the staff were very friendly and helpful - went out of their way to help with printing our boarding passes and storing our valuables!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
31st Dec 2016
6.3

Breakfast was just bread and jam, the rooms were dusty and dirty, there's no real common area and it was very very expensive. But it's in a great location, the staff were friendly and we had a great time.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
4.9

Awful. Stayed here over new year because it was the only place left with five beds. 100e for 31st and 80e for 1st leaves a very sour taste. The place so filthy it gave me hayfever. Building work happening downstairs so everything was covered in plaster dust and there was no hot water for the last day/night. Triple decker bunks, nowhere to store things, no lockers and beds not changed or assigned & some girl tried to climb into my bed while I was asleep. Stale bread for breakfast. Peter is good.

19th Dec 2016

Hostel in a good location, close to the canals and the heart of town. Great park across the street. Bunks are pretty comfortable. The check-in time can be annoying if you have an early flight (instead of 13:00 they wrote 1:00 which confused me at first glance)

17th Dec 2016

The location is in front of a quiet park and not too far away from the museums. There is little space for your stuff and luggage, but I guess it is still as much as in some of the other Amsterdam hostels I have stayed at. Breakfast was as others have stated before - only without the ham, but it is free. On the other hand, there are no age restrictions for over 30s and no obligation to stay more than one night. If I had had the choice, I would probably have stayed at a more central location.

15th Dec 2016

Just had a great time in Amsterdam in and out of the hostel. Cant wait to come back really:)

• Chile, Male, 25-30
11th Dec 2016

If I need to be honest,my stay there was just perfect.Hostel in a good location,close to the centrum and most of museums,and the amazing "Sarphati park" across the street.Staff were kind and very friendly (they even show me on a map the most interessting places in Amsterdam). It was pretty clean in the room and the bunks are really comfortable. There is also a nice common area in the basement,where the Hostel serves breakfast,with coffe and tea available troughout the day. Good value for money

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Nov 2016
2.6

Easily the worst hostel I've stayed in. Avoid at all costs.

20th Nov 2016

I was a little bit scared when I read the reviews but for me wasn't too bad. I guess it depends on the season (I went between the week in November so it wasn't too busy) and the collegues you share the room (in my case I hadn't any problem). Toilet can be a issue but not too bad again. Brekfast (ham, nutella and coffee/te) which is enough if you are not fussy. The staff were friendly and very helpful but for me the best was the localitation. I would repeat but maybe it will be diferent ;)

• England, Female, 25-30
18th Nov 2016
4.9

Appalling customer service. I needed to cancel my stay after some bad family news and emailed with 72 hours notice to cancel. I didn't hear back from them until FOUR DAYS LATER after prompting them again, and contacting hostelworld. The reply I got back was one sentence outlining the cancellation policy, which I very obviously already knew. When I replied asking quite reasonably for a more helpful response I heard not a peep back, and surprise surprise I have been charged. Rubbish!