Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati Reviews

Sarphatipark 58, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pro: - Beautiful area (Sarphati Park) - awesome Value For Money Cons: - Very small rooms - not really clean

As I left a long winded reply than many of you will not read, here is the summary: 1.BED BUGS / FLEAS 2.Unclean 3.Cold Showers 4.Breakfast was 30 minutes late – 2 loaves of bread, peanut butter, jam, butter and one toaster 5.They lost my reservation - Were Very Unprofessional 6.They should not be advertising a travel/tour desk! They could not tell me how to get to the airport. 7.Over priced! 8.BED BUGS / FLEAS!!!!!!!! 9.WOULD NOT GO BACK AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!

• 4th Apr 2014

The difference of price during Fridays and Saturdays is huge compared to other days. They increase the price more then triple in these days and we have no improves on facilities, as breakfast, which is really poor. But the atmosphere is great, the bedrooms are comfortable, he staff is good.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The shower was pretty dirty, and sharing a bathroom makes reserving a "private" room a bit unclear, but the place is ok. They say "you get what you pay for."

• 21st Mar 2014

Staff and atmosfere - more, than exellent!!!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Kazakhstan

You get what you pay for...

• 4th Mar 2014

If youre looking for a cheap place to stay and dont care about location, i would recommend this one. I stayed here to easily get to Eurolines office in Amsterdam in the morning.

Our room was incredibly hot and we had to sleep with the door open to the outside to be comfortable but other than that, there were no problems. The showers are also really weird as the bathroom has the sink, shower, and toilet all together with no barrier.

Actually: what can you expect for 7 euro a night? It was fine for that price

The most strange place that I have ever seen. There is no organization, animals in the tables were people eat, there is no secure place to put your bagagge and the conditions of the rooms are terrible. Tge staff does not know what is happening and is terrible far from the cools places.

I had some problems with the booking, and didn't receive any money back or advantage for that. Very steep stairs, so hard to carry the luggage! Far from the city centre by walking. Simple breakfast but ok.

Sarphati Park is a hidden gem. Check out the open air markets on Albert Cuyp (?) straat. Katsu is a coffee shop filled with locals. If you want to learn how locals live, but still be within walking distance of city center, stay here. Rembrandtplein is hopping at night, Waterlooplein is an open air market where you can get sweaters for 2 euro. Rooms here are tiny, but few stairs. Chill lounge. Plumbing is below average, but so are room prices. I'd stay here again.

If you are in a big group it's good, but if you r alone, the hostel don't have a good common room for u to meet the other hostages.

Interesting building, and interesting location. Amsterdam's Pijp neighborhood seems to be a real hot spot for locals, but something the casual visitor or passerthrough might not otherwise be aware of if not for this well-placed hostel. Also, on the edge of a beautiful park, so you get a bit or a rustic setting right in the middle of this happening Amsterdam neighborhood. Still a short walk to town and the museums. Could use a larger reception area, but overall great value still for sure.

Good place its located away from all the noise. My room was clean and the place was secure. I did have an issue with paying one price on a thursday and a higher one Friday but i guess thats to be expected. I still would reccomend it without a doubt

Great hostel with fantastic staff and a nice cat. I come back!!

Its expensive to stay anywhere in Amsterdam but I recommend that travelers shell out the extra cash for a spot closer to the city. We were in a cool neighborhood but hostel itself was terrible. We stayed in a room with a few older men and the atmosphere made us very uncomfortable. The sheets were tattered and didn't seem clean, and the bathroom was dirty. Our 8-man room was tiny, and should have fit max 4 beds.I understand Amsterdam can attract a spotty crowd, but this was creepy.

great accommodation for the price and group of young to enjoy Amsterdam, but next time I will pay more money to have some nicer room with my girlfriend, thx

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

We stayed one night only but liked that hostel. First of all is a low price. Second, staff was very helpful and friendly. This hostel is good to stay if you go there just to sleep.

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Russia

The bathroom situation was pretty abysmal. It was overpriced for the quality and breakfast sucked. However, the staff was nice, our valuables were secure behind the registration desk and we were close to a tram stop. Wifi was only available in the lobby. Next time I visit the mecca of marijuana, I will plan months ahead of time to snag a cheaper hostel closer to the action! Although about a 20 minute walk from all the action, the hostel was pretty quiet at night which was nice.