Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place was not what we expected. For the amount we paid we were not happy! The bathroom was disgusting and dirty and flooded and it stank!! The beds were tiny and very uncomfortable too. We will definitely never be staying here again.

• 27th Jul 2015

The janitor kept going in our room during the night and stole a bag full of clothes. Would not recommend staying here.

A couple of the staff were nice but one guy was a c**t I got fined €100 for banging a girl in my shower then Spooning her in bed, woke up to a guy named Mohammed Shouting "passports" in my face, threatening to call the police, no what you need at 9am After a night out, I was booked into the hostel for 5 days, But checked out 2days early because I really didn't like theAtmosphere that had been created

The washroom was not clean. There is also no ventilation in the small, en suit, washroom with all three elements inside (shower, sink, toilet), so when there is a smell from the toilet, there is no where for it to go except in the room. Even worse is after/during a hot shower. A window or ventilation is essential.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Basically the hostel is fine and you will be okay staying here. The location is definitely very good - easy to get everywhere you would want to go and bike rental is super close by. The staff at the front desk in my experience were also very helpful. In terms of negatives that you might want to be aware of: there aren't any lockers in the rooms (but safe available), there is a common area but it's pretty small, not amazing value for money but basically Europe is expensive so that's expected.

No lockers, no aircon in the rooms (which in summer is a bit of an issue, not the worst though). The bathroom/toilet are one, and when I stayed the drain was blocked, so if anyone has a shower, you'd go to the toilet in an inch of water. Location is brilliant tho, and the staff were friendly and willing to help

We had a twin private room with a bathroom which was really nice! Good wifi. Overall clean. Quite loud during the nights and bad isolatio between rooms - we had earplugs and that worked very fine. The staff was superfriendly and nice! Nothing over the top but a good location close to museums and quite close to town (20-25 min walk). A lot of restaurants and cafés nearby. Would recommend to take some morning walks in the area before the people have woken up! Very hot and no fan.

The location was amazing if you are looking to go out, very central to bars, close walk to red light district. Also central fro day activities. Overall good. Some for money, you are paying for location, beds were clean and decently comfortable, bathroom is nothing great but it is inside room and clean enough.

perfect stay

• 21st Jun 2015

Had the most amazing time at uptown. Met incredible people from around the world and had the best days out of my of my tripp???

• 21st Jun 2015

Good location but only drawback is they charge you for storing luggage after checkout as well now thats apinning money out of budget travellers

You're basically just paying for the location. I was there for three nights and the room didn't get cleaned once. I mainly interacted with two staff members who were extremely friendly and helpful. Before I left, I briefly interacted with someone who was giving orders to one of the before-mentioned staff members. I am fairly certain that he was the manager and/or owner and his service was very poor relative to that of his employees.

Lovely hostel! Welcoming and fun staff who are willing to help with anything :) it's nothing fancy but it's got all the necessities and is locate less than a 15 min walk away from everywhere :)

The room was tiny and the bath room was dirty. But the hostel is very good located.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Congratulations the recepcionist in the afternoon, he is from Spain, he helped me a lot, he suggest you the activities and he is always in a good mood , sorry for not to be the same in the morning,

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Hardly any facilities, creepy men that work on reception, really BAD value for money. It's not much more to get a cheap hotel. Avoid staying. It's not nice.

• 15th Apr 2015

No lockers in rooms, no bar, breakfast was awful (just some bread and spread, not even a toaster), no toilet roll in bathroom upon arrival. Good location and clean however

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hi, we do not claim that we have a bar , at the leidsplein are 200 bars and discos arond the breakfast is free free not with payment the staff

Overpriced in a completely tourist area. Bed are uncomfortable and difficult to use. Shower soaks the entire bathroom. Staff knocks and then walks in without waiting for a response at 9:30 ish each morning, which was just irritating for my group but would be a bit creepy for a group of girls. Breakfast included but not actually in the hostel. No elevator, brutal staircase

Just way to small for me. There are no kitchen or common room areas, although there is an outside terrace that closes at seven. The rooms and beds were fine but the bathroom in the 6 bed dorm was filthy and had puddles of water. I stayed for two nights and did all I could to spend as much time away from there as I could. The guys on reception are cool but in terms of value for money I say spend a little more somewhere else unless you really need a place to crash!

Although I did arrive on a day after a power outage in Amsterdam, there was no wifi for the duration of my stay which was frustrating. Breakfast is only bread, peanut butter and jam (no toaster). Staff were super friendly and helpful though - they were probably the best part. Directions to the hostel are very helpful and accurate and it really is in a great location - walking distance to all the main attractions.