Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

nearby the clubbing area, noise is an issue all over the hostel.

I guess you pay for location.

• 1st Aug 2015

Loved the location of this hostel, was perfect to access all parts of Amsterdam and was near lots of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Rooms were extremely hot and bathroom facilities weren't great. Annoyed that we were charged for one nights stay off my credit card even though we had to pay the full amount in cash when we arrived. Overall, was over-priced for the facilities provided but that may have been due to the location and the dates that we were staying there.

Everything ok

The Hostel was really expensive. Almost 50e per night per person. The rooms were too crowded and there was no room at all for our bags. No lockers at all also. But the guys from the Reception were the best. The stairs are waaay too small, our bagpacks barely fit! The location is great, near the Vondelpark and also near lots of clubs and bars. So if you are looking for a comfy hostel, this one is not for you.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

This place was not what we expected. For the amount we paid we were not happy! The bathroom was disgusting and dirty and flooded and it stank!! The beds were tiny and very uncomfortable too. We will definitely never be staying here again.

• 27th Jul 2015

The janitor kept going in our room during the night and stole a bag full of clothes. Would not recommend staying here.

The rooms are very dirty. They do not change the blanket for the new people who are arriving (we've seen how they 'clean' the beds .. ). There is no common room. You pay way to much for what you get. Although the hostel is very good located just next to a lot of coffee shops ans bars. The stuff is very friendly.

A couple of the staff were nice but one guy was a c**t I got fined €100 for banging a girl in my shower then Spooning her in bed, woke up to a guy named Mohammed Shouting "passports" in my face, threatening to call the police, no what you need at 9am After a night out, I was booked into the hostel for 5 days, But checked out 2days early because I really didn't like theAtmosphere that had been created

The washroom was not clean. There is also no ventilation in the small, en suit, washroom with all three elements inside (shower, sink, toilet), so when there is a smell from the toilet, there is no where for it to go except in the room. Even worse is after/during a hot shower. A window or ventilation is essential.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Basically the hostel is fine and you will be okay staying here. The location is definitely very good - easy to get everywhere you would want to go and bike rental is super close by. The staff at the front desk in my experience were also very helpful. In terms of negatives that you might want to be aware of: there aren't any lockers in the rooms (but safe available), there is a common area but it's pretty small, not amazing value for money but basically Europe is expensive so that's expected.

No lockers, no aircon in the rooms (which in summer is a bit of an issue, not the worst though). The bathroom/toilet are one, and when I stayed the drain was blocked, so if anyone has a shower, you'd go to the toilet in an inch of water. Location is brilliant tho, and the staff were friendly and willing to help

We had a twin private room with a bathroom which was really nice! Good wifi. Overall clean. Quite loud during the nights and bad isolatio between rooms - we had earplugs and that worked very fine. The staff was superfriendly and nice! Nothing over the top but a good location close to museums and quite close to town (20-25 min walk). A lot of restaurants and cafés nearby. Would recommend to take some morning walks in the area before the people have woken up! Very hot and no fan.

The location was amazing if you are looking to go out, very central to bars, close walk to red light district. Also central fro day activities. Overall good. Some for money, you are paying for location, beds were clean and decently comfortable, bathroom is nothing great but it is inside room and clean enough.

perfect stay

• 21st Jun 2015

Had the most amazing time at uptown. Met incredible people from around the world and had the best days out of my of my tripp???

• 21st Jun 2015

Good location but only drawback is they charge you for storing luggage after checkout as well now thats apinning money out of budget travellers

You're basically just paying for the location. I was there for three nights and the room didn't get cleaned once. I mainly interacted with two staff members who were extremely friendly and helpful. Before I left, I briefly interacted with someone who was giving orders to one of the before-mentioned staff members. I am fairly certain that he was the manager and/or owner and his service was very poor relative to that of his employees.

Lovely hostel! Welcoming and fun staff who are willing to help with anything :) it's nothing fancy but it's got all the necessities and is locate less than a 15 min walk away from everywhere :)

The room was tiny and the bath room was dirty. But the hostel is very good located.

• 21st Apr 2015