Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is great, the wifi worked well and the staff were friendly. The bed was hard and sunk in the middle but didn't keep me from sleeping. The bathroom stank and was perpetually wet due to the shower draining into the floor a few feet away. Overall it was alright, I just needed a place to sleep.

• 11th Oct 2014

The hostel is just above a coffee shop and hence shady! I was a single girl traveling across Europe, I reached Amsterdam on Sat, and only found availability in this hostel. The hostel reception was dingy, the room was stinking of hash, the toilet was in a bad condition, and the room was too dingy. Even though I had made a booking just 15 mins ago they refused to cancel my booking and charged my card an additional €47 for no show. I hated the hostel and ended up wasting €60 on this shady place!

A good hostel, but no hostel atmosphere. Very tight. Everything else was ok.

Good location and friendly staff

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was very nice! All 3 that I met. Very helpful and talkative. I stayed in a 4 bed room, small but perfect for sleeping. Toilet ok. No flushing on arrival but immediately fixed by the staff. Cleanliness in the rooms was ok. bed sheets and matresses ok too. Price is high for what you get, but I'm sure you can't get a better deal in AMS. Very central in a street with lots of bars and restaurants. Room was facing the rear so not much noise. I'd stay again.

Place was very clean and the lounge area was great. Met some girls and was able to relax with movies. The location is outside Amsterdam but it was easy to get to town.

Tram system nearby, good location, inefficient use of space for the rooms they are small & each has a private bathroom (with shower and toilet). The staff's nice but most have no authority to make common-sense decisions if problems arise. I booked two beds for me & my travelling buddy- they couldn't put us in the same room even though my booking was made 2 months prior. They couldn't give a logical reason why. Long story short- no guarantee that you and your friends will be in the same room.

Friendly helpful staff and great location. The free breakfast was actually toast and not much to speak of, but otherwise a great place to spend a few nights in Amsterdam

Terrible place to stay! The staff is rude and they just come into your room before check out time and do a head count. They say they accept credit cards but when u get there they wont accept it. They even have the visa n mastercard signs on their door! Breakfast and common rooms are located at a different hostel thats about a 3 min walk away so u best get dresses before u go. I suggest sleeping on the streets better than this hostel.

clean 4 bed shared dorm. bathrooms need a shower curtain, and some people might get uptight about belongings but there are appropriate options with the front desk. Friendly staff, helpful enough suites my needs for one night, would have stayed 5 if I'd known earlier!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great rooms, beds, and nice staff!! We enjoyed!!!

The best location!! Right in the centre of Amsterdam, but not in the scary red light district! Staff were so nice and sweet to me (solo female traveller). Not a lot of hostel atmosphere but I didn't mind as I was happy doing my own thing. I would stay there again for sure

I would not stay at this hostel again for 2 major reasons. First, there were no lockers anywhere in the room or on the property. They had storage for bags in a shack outside the back door. As someone traveling with my passport, I wasn't happy with this "security." Second the hostel was extremely loud. Even if your roommates are respectful/quiet, you are still at the mercy of others staying on the property. I could hear very loud footsteps all night long. The staff was very nice though.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel room was so disgusting with pubic hairs all over the floor. However the location was second to none!

Brilliant location. Near leidseplein with great nightlife and the vondelpark. Bathroom could be cleaner and lockers and fans in the rooms would be a bonus but you can leave valuable at recption.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nothing special.. very handy, good price and location, but no facilities or common areas

Good hostel with friendly staff. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The location couldn't be better. There are bars, restaurants and coffeshops all over the place. The internet was good, but they do not have lockers.

Double check your reservations, when u want to entend your stay do it via hostleworld or a site like that for the cheap rate. They changed me 60 per night And then i found the Same dates at 15 euro per night. U cant eat in the rooms oh And for breakfast u get peanut butter, jelly coffie And tea thats it.

• 9th Jun 2014

The hostel is pretty well located, in a street full of clubs and restaurants, but don't worry, noise will not bother you at night if you go soon to sleep. The staff is kind and they will willingly explain what to do in the city. I missed a commoun room and lockers in the rooms, you have to leave all your things in the room, so you have to trust in your room mates...

The place was cleaned every day, I think. The rooms were sized large enough, the place stayed a comfortable temperature, and while there could be a few more plug ins, there were enough to get by with. The place wasn't over-priced, and though the facilities were on the basic side, nothing was uncomfortable. Big props for keycard doorway.