Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tram system nearby, good location, inefficient use of space for the rooms they are small & each has a private bathroom (with shower and toilet). The staff's nice but most have no authority to make common-sense decisions if problems arise. I booked two beds for me & my travelling buddy- they couldn't put us in the same room even though my booking was made 2 months prior. They couldn't give a logical reason why. Long story short- no guarantee that you and your friends will be in the same room.

Friendly helpful staff and great location. The free breakfast was actually toast and not much to speak of, but otherwise a great place to spend a few nights in Amsterdam

Terrible place to stay! The staff is rude and they just come into your room before check out time and do a head count. They say they accept credit cards but when u get there they wont accept it. They even have the visa n mastercard signs on their door! Breakfast and common rooms are located at a different hostel thats about a 3 min walk away so u best get dresses before u go. I suggest sleeping on the streets better than this hostel.

clean 4 bed shared dorm. bathrooms need a shower curtain, and some people might get uptight about belongings but there are appropriate options with the front desk. Friendly staff, helpful enough suites my needs for one night, would have stayed 5 if I'd known earlier!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great rooms, beds, and nice staff!! We enjoyed!!!

The best location!! Right in the centre of Amsterdam, but not in the scary red light district! Staff were so nice and sweet to me (solo female traveller). Not a lot of hostel atmosphere but I didn't mind as I was happy doing my own thing. I would stay there again for sure

I would not stay at this hostel again for 2 major reasons. First, there were no lockers anywhere in the room or on the property. They had storage for bags in a shack outside the back door. As someone traveling with my passport, I wasn't happy with this "security." Second the hostel was extremely loud. Even if your roommates are respectful/quiet, you are still at the mercy of others staying on the property. I could hear very loud footsteps all night long. The staff was very nice though.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel room was so disgusting with pubic hairs all over the floor. However the location was second to none!

Brilliant location. Near leidseplein with great nightlife and the vondelpark. Bathroom could be cleaner and lockers and fans in the rooms would be a bonus but you can leave valuable at recption.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nothing special.. very handy, good price and location, but no facilities or common areas

Good hostel with friendly staff. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The location couldn't be better. There are bars, restaurants and coffeshops all over the place. The internet was good, but they do not have lockers.

Double check your reservations, when u want to entend your stay do it via hostleworld or a site like that for the cheap rate. They changed me 60 per night And then i found the Same dates at 15 euro per night. U cant eat in the rooms oh And for breakfast u get peanut butter, jelly coffie And tea thats it.

• 9th Jun 2014

The hostel is pretty well located, in a street full of clubs and restaurants, but don't worry, noise will not bother you at night if you go soon to sleep. The staff is kind and they will willingly explain what to do in the city. I missed a commoun room and lockers in the rooms, you have to leave all your things in the room, so you have to trust in your room mates...

The place was cleaned every day, I think. The rooms were sized large enough, the place stayed a comfortable temperature, and while there could be a few more plug ins, there were enough to get by with. The place wasn't over-priced, and though the facilities were on the basic side, nothing was uncomfortable. Big props for keycard doorway.

It was very good to stay in that hostel especially because the staff was very nice and tried to do the best to make you feel confortable. No lockers in the room but is not a problem because they have a safe way to lock your things in the reception. The place is clean and the bathroom is big and the water hot everytime (in a 6 bedroom). The breackfast which is in another place nearthe hostel was quite poor but for the price I paid it was okay. I recommend this hostel!

A really nice staff!

• 12th May 2014
  • Mexico

Great location by Vondelpark and tram lines, walking distance to Museumplein and tourist sites. It was expensive considering I got a basic dorm-style hostel room, but all Amsterdam hostels seem overpriced. Bathrooms and rooms were clean and simple. Lounge is spacious and comfortable, although wifi is quite weak. Not many places to plug in laptops/charge phones.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff (big shout out to Connor and Gareth)- that's a big plus. Reasonably priced and good location (peaceful at night). Definitely would recommend this place to other people.

Dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, terrible security, no common room. Left early to avoid having to stay another night.

The hostel is in a great location in the middle of Amsterdam! Really nice staff (Connor is cute) and it had a good price and free breakfast. Unfortunately, the room is disgustingly dirty. I was in an 8-bed dorm with an ensuite bathroom and there was a huge layer of dust everywhere. The shower curtain was pink from mold or something. The toilet didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. So, I recommend staying here for one night and just skipping a shower. Definitely bring flip flops!