Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good staff, clean room, good shower, very good location, regular internet connection, but the room is TOO small, no shelves, no chair, no table, no soap, no towels. They didn't accept my crédit cards. Good for 2 days stay, but for a couple is not confortable not to have a table or a chair to work with a computer. I would recomenda for youngsters backpackers, but not for older people.

The toilet in our room smelled like it had not been cleaned for weeks.

Located right in the city center next to some restaurants: AWESOME BBq ribs, burger king and others (not the best tho), coffeshops, tram etc. Staff was kind and helped us out. Facilities are not the best but for what I payed i wont complain. Still, bathroom could be cleaner. And you have breakfast in an other hostel very near.

This is a terrible hostel. The owners are a pain in the ass They would wake us up every morning to see who was checking out like a roll call at school it was terrible and they argued with us when they had it wrong even when we had receipts. Terrible value for money. Location is good but it's only a bed and bathroom.

The location is great, the wifi worked well and the staff were friendly. The bed was hard and sunk in the middle but didn't keep me from sleeping. The bathroom stank and was perpetually wet due to the shower draining into the floor a few feet away. Overall it was alright, I just needed a place to sleep.

• 11th Oct 2014

A good hostel, but no hostel atmosphere. Very tight. Everything else was ok.

Good location and friendly staff

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

The staff was very nice! All 3 that I met. Very helpful and talkative. I stayed in a 4 bed room, small but perfect for sleeping. Toilet ok. No flushing on arrival but immediately fixed by the staff. Cleanliness in the rooms was ok. bed sheets and matresses ok too. Price is high for what you get, but I'm sure you can't get a better deal in AMS. Very central in a street with lots of bars and restaurants. Room was facing the rear so not much noise. I'd stay again.

Place was very clean and the lounge area was great. Met some girls and was able to relax with movies. The location is outside Amsterdam but it was easy to get to town.

Tram system nearby, good location, inefficient use of space for the rooms they are small & each has a private bathroom (with shower and toilet). The staff's nice but most have no authority to make common-sense decisions if problems arise. I booked two beds for me & my travelling buddy- they couldn't put us in the same room even though my booking was made 2 months prior. They couldn't give a logical reason why. Long story short- no guarantee that you and your friends will be in the same room.

Friendly helpful staff and great location. The free breakfast was actually toast and not much to speak of, but otherwise a great place to spend a few nights in Amsterdam

Terrible place to stay! The staff is rude and they just come into your room before check out time and do a head count. They say they accept credit cards but when u get there they wont accept it. They even have the visa n mastercard signs on their door! Breakfast and common rooms are located at a different hostel thats about a 3 min walk away so u best get dresses before u go. I suggest sleeping on the streets better than this hostel.

clean 4 bed shared dorm. bathrooms need a shower curtain, and some people might get uptight about belongings but there are appropriate options with the front desk. Friendly staff, helpful enough suites my needs for one night, would have stayed 5 if I'd known earlier!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Great rooms, beds, and nice staff!! We enjoyed!!!

The best location!! Right in the centre of Amsterdam, but not in the scary red light district! Staff were so nice and sweet to me (solo female traveller). Not a lot of hostel atmosphere but I didn't mind as I was happy doing my own thing. I would stay there again for sure

I would not stay at this hostel again for 2 major reasons. First, there were no lockers anywhere in the room or on the property. They had storage for bags in a shack outside the back door. As someone traveling with my passport, I wasn't happy with this "security." Second the hostel was extremely loud. Even if your roommates are respectful/quiet, you are still at the mercy of others staying on the property. I could hear very loud footsteps all night long. The staff was very nice though.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel room was so disgusting with pubic hairs all over the floor. However the location was second to none!

Brilliant location. Near leidseplein with great nightlife and the vondelpark. Bathroom could be cleaner and lockers and fans in the rooms would be a bonus but you can leave valuable at recption.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nothing special.. very handy, good price and location, but no facilities or common areas

Good hostel with friendly staff. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean and spacious. The location couldn't be better. There are bars, restaurants and coffeshops all over the place. The internet was good, but they do not have lockers.