Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

the location is amazing and the staff where always helpfull.

Not very clean. The beds are uncomfortable. The breakfast absolutely sucks. They hike the prices up to 120 Euros for a bed in a 6 bed dorm on weekends. Pot smoking and drunk patrons make it impossible to get any rest. Basically, this place is just ripping off the tourists. There MUST be something better than this available.

• 15th Oct 2015

The rooms are too small. And bed sheet is very hard to sleep on. And bed is so narrow. Toilet auto air condition is very laud as its automatic, it takes a while to shut down. Plus breakfast was a joke! Just bread jam and coffee and tea!!! Really?

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Luxembourg

Staff were rude and dis-respectful, room was filthy before checked in. No security what so ever! Beds were really uncomfortable, took ages to far asleep every night, overall staying at this hostel ruined my whole time I was in Amsterdam. I ended up staying somewhere else because the acomadation here was so poor but after not sleeping very well at this place it affected all my other nights sleep elsewhere so I could not win. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. Not fit for a dog.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Place is cheap for a reason if ur a picky person this isn't for u, myself didn't mind it cause it was a place to sleep and shower

Very small rooms. No common area. No room lockers

Good deal for the money. Stayed in a 6bd mixed dorm room. Roommates were nice but no lockers to lock your things in unless you use the lockers through the front desk but when we did this, they left one of our backpacks behind and we saw it when we came back an hour later to pick up our things. Luckily nobody took it. Bathrooms were connected to the shower so it was a tad snug but you get what you pay for so can't complain. Good if you need a good area near bars and food for cheap

• 29th Sep 2015

I definitely understand the location, but if you want to actually get some sleep, I wouldn't recommend staying here. There was also a problem with the front door. You couldn't hear if you were getting buzzed in, and even if you were, there was a problem with the door sticking, make it very difficult to open. Overall though the stay was good, and wifi held up pretty well. Would stay here again if I was looking to enjoy the night life a bit more.

When I booked this hostel I was just looking for a place to stay between flights, and I really liked that it was located right by the 197 bus stop for easy travel to and from schipol. However, I wouldn't recommend it for that. This is a party hostel, surrounded by clubs and tourist restaurants, meaning that it's noisy and people will be returning to your room at 3-4am. I think this would be great if you were looking to party. Otherwise, the place wasn't clean and there's no safe in the room.

• 4th Sep 2015

Great location, some staff nice, some unhelpful, quite over priced for the quality. But if you aren't in the room then location makes up for it!

nearby the clubbing area, noise is an issue all over the hostel.