Amsterdam Hostel Uptown Reviews

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, terrible security, no common room. Left early to avoid having to stay another night.

• 5th Apr 2014

The hostel is in a great location in the middle of Amsterdam! Really nice staff (Connor is cute) and it had a good price and free breakfast. Unfortunately, the room is disgustingly dirty. I was in an 8-bed dorm with an ensuite bathroom and there was a huge layer of dust everywhere. The shower curtain was pink from mold or something. The toilet didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. So, I recommend staying here for one night and just skipping a shower. Definitely bring flip flops!

Very pleased with the price and we got lucky and had the room to ourselves (3 females). We paid about 10 euros each for a 6 bed mixed dorm with en-suite. Beds were clean. Room was a good size. En-suite was not that nice but fine for a hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay, 24hr reception is good. Everyone being able to speak perfect English (or were British/Irish) was very handy. Fab location and locked front door makes it feel safe.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Beds were very small, like baby bed and dirty, next day I had itching in my body. Also the owner was abnormal man.

First came in the room and there where no clean beds. Back to staff and got new sheets. But after we noticed that there where to many people for the room so had to go to staff again. Then light of Bathroom was broken. I won't recommend this placece.

The staff were very friendly! This hostel is right in the heart of Amsterdam and easy to get to and from. There were no lockers or kitchen but you can use the fridge, kettle and microwave at the hostel around the corner which was fine. There are very steep stairs to get to the hostel rooms but other than that is was fine.

GOOD LOCATION. A little noisy but we didn't mind.

excellent location. friendly staff. no lockers in the rooms and left luggage after check out was charged at 2 euros. no real communal area but didnt need it. breakfast was at another hostel round the corner but i never bothered to go as it was "continental"! good atmosphere. not amazing on clealiness...en suite in dorm room was not cleaned and never seemed to have any loo roll!! overall 8/10...would definately stay there again as location was perfect, clean enough and staff were nice!

This hostel is pretty rubbish. Great location but don't book this please. Noting to offer but a bed in a cramped room. No common area not kitchen no where to go but your bed. I can't imagine what that is like on summer. Staff were so rude and I helpful too. Look further please.

• 4th Jan 2014

Polite and helpful staff, a lot to do on your doorstep but still only 10 minute tram ride to dam square and 15min to the train station! Stayed there for 5 nights had no problems and as I said, the staff where always genuine and happy to help!

• 18th Dec 2013

This is a nice place to relax, right in the middle of the thick of it in hoppin Leidse. I enjoyed the relaxation of the lovely building, and the helpfulness of the staff. I also enjoyed walking one block right into Leidsepleien to party.

The staff is very nice and well organised, the hostel is nice, simple and clean. No complains about it, you should see it first!! :)

close to leidseplein, their is icesskatingplace, ver you can enjoi dutch donuts.

It says you can pay bu card but when we got there he told us only cash. They never cleaned the bathroom the 4 days we were there. The room was too small and we were 8 so it was really hard to change.

Best location, close to all tourist atraction, can be noisy sometimes