Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

great ensuite bathrooms staff friendly and helpful common areas valuable

Overall a very average hostel. We were there over the weekend and there was absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever. We saw a few signs for organised activities but they didn't seem to happen. Good location close to the shops in union square. Some of the staff helpful, especially a girl, but some of the guys not so helpful. Rooms very average - good size with lockers but not overly clean. My shower worked well but the room below the shower didn't work at all. Told the front desk but did nothing!

The room and bathroom were dirty. The staff were inconsiderate. The group of guests staying in my room were rude and filthy.

ensuite bathrooms great, need more group events for guests

For the amount we (my partner and I paid) I expected a bit more. The rooms were reasonably small and cramped. They were old looking and I'm really not sure they were very clean. Our particulat room was over the back terrace which was where everyone drank and partied at night which can be expected but the hostel had a quiet after 10 policy that was never kept too so our sleep was constantly interrupted. also, the lights went out in our room and no one would fix them which made things hard.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

friendly staff, handy location

The Hostel was clean, Well located. The Staff was friendly and helpful. I liked that the rooms had a private bath, lo lees and only 4 beds (dorms). This hostel offered great value. I would definitely stay here again

• 13th Jul 2015

There was some problem with the internet access for 2 days and it took a lot of time to solve it. Printing was very expensive, 0.5$/1 page. wtf

The room was right but was stinking a lit bit..When I arrived to do the check in, I had to wait almost half hour coz the guy from the reception was really buzy with his papework and ask me to wait.That was almost 19:00 and I was really tired. There is not much activities going on at the hostel and the comon area is really poor. They close the kitchen really early and open really late..I mean,all your food get stuck there.The staff seem like to be new and couldn't. Not recommend it

The hostel was pretty good. I was so happy that the beds in my room didn't squeak. The shower was warm and powerful. The Internet worked perfectly and I was only spoken to rudely by one staff member on one occasion, "I drive a car! How am I supposed to know anything about busses?!" But it's all good; I apologised for my question and we moved on.

I enjoyed my stay here, it is a cool old building and you have an ensuite in your room. I felt comfortable and at home, it has everything you need in a hostel. Not a flash place, but that isn't really what you expect when you stay in a hostel anyway I think. I would stay here again if I came back to San Fran.

It was not worth the money at all.

Perfect for if you need a base in San Francisco! Just be prepared for the walk to it if you're not getting a cab! :)

everything was perfect. room location staff and value for the money

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Excellent location, but the atmosphere is not the best.

• 24th Jun 2015

Pretty bad

• 22nd Jun 2015

Was a good hostel. Didn't love the are but was still close to Union Square if that is what you are after. Wifi was a little slow. Overall a good clean hostel.

The room I stayed was exceptionally dirty.

Both hostelworld and amsterdam hotel cannot help me with my concern. I will file a a dispute and complaint by the time i go home. I called after a few minutes before i booked for cancellation and no one can help me. There is always a way to cancel it specially if it was book less than 30 minutes.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Pro - large room - really good shower - clean sheets and bed - really hot Indian girl working there Con - room had 2 power plug near sink, 2 in bathroom. No plug near beds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5