Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

We stayed at Amsterdam Hostel for 3 nights in a 4 mixed ensuite bedroom. Both room and bathroom have a reasonable size and were clean and comfortable. The hostel provides sheets and towels. Our room didn't has air conditioner, but the weather in San Francisco is cool and it was not necessary! There is a big kitchen and a very friendly outdoors breakfast area! Staffs were helpful. We had a great experience at Amsterdam Hostel. Good value for money

• 24th Jul 2014

Best price in town, good location, nice people to meet. The only thing I didn't like much was that the kitchen (access to the common fridge) was closed after 10pm

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I had a great time. Enjoyed my stay and the location is so great! Would come back for sure.

An okay hostel. Rooms were quite stuffy, but not too bad. Staff were friendly and helpful. My main issues with this hostel is that the sheets were stained (even though they were washed). This was a negative in comparison to other hostels i've stayed at.

Very impolite front desk. Rooms are ok though. If you just wanna sleep there go for it but don't ask anyone for help there.

Oke hostel, not great. Rather expensive (but so is the whole of SF) for the quality of this old room. You have to make your own breakfast (pancakes), but therefore you must wait at least 45min for the only good pan.

Good hostel; Good location; near the Union square , China town and muni-Bart station! staff very friendly. Pancake very good! You should make yourself. When I come back SF, I will stay here again! See you next time!!!

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • IrisGe1214
  • China

When I read the reviews I was a bit wary but it's not so bad. I didn't see many homeless people around the hostel, there is much worse parts. The hostel did smell a bit but it's and old building. The beds are a bit sketchy on the top bunk but it just build the old charm character . The kitchen was pretty dirty but the bathroom was all good. People were not very social when I was there. The staff were helpful.

The Beds were unstayable. If you have a little movement,you could wake your roomates.

Very rough area of San Francisco. Apparently its called the tenderloin. Went inside and decided to leave. Cancelled my booking but still got charged. Not happy.

Worst hotel I been in my life, in 15 years traveling.

The bunk is really hard to climb and I feel dangerous to sleep on the upper bed with no protections.

Terrible wifi, it would cut out every 5 minutes if not less! Has no ladder to get on the top bunk.... but it was locatted in a central kind of area

Terríble

It´s a hostel, I know, but even being so, should be more carefull with the cleanliness - the linen and towels with plenty of old hair and dark stains. The breakfast announced is also a joke, only a pot with pancake batter one could even think it´s some other guest own...

There was an active construction zone in the hallway outside our room and the bedroom was dirty when we got there. The location was pretty good right in the city, but I wouldn't stay here again.

This place was okay. The location was good, the hostel secure and reasonably clean. The staff were polite and tried to be helpful, but in some cases their English wasn't great and they didn't seem to know a huge amount about the area. The room was fine and pretty clean. However the bunk beds had no ladder or rail on the top bunks. In our bathroom the bath worked but not the shower. The whole place felt a bit rundown and the kitchen was a building site.

Great Location and facilities...but no atmosphere at all. I would recommend this hostel to couples and old people

We were four in a private dorm with ensuite bathroom. It suited us just nicely. Simple and the hostel is a great location. Lots of coffee shops and pubs around. Great value. I'd go back.

• 30th May 2014

Good hostel, friendly staff and good location. It was clean and had good facilities. Not so much happening, so more a place to relax and do your own things like day trips etc. Recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4