Amsterdam Hostel

7.5
Very Good 2385 Total Reviews

• China, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2017

The location of this hostel is very convenient, and It is worth to stay for a short trip in San Francisco with reasonable price. Becides, you can make friends from deferent countries and experiences defferient lifestyle.

• Thailand, Male, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
6.6

The light in my room is broken! The room is quite hot. we had to open the window while we were sleeping. and the bunk bed is quite loud when you move. So, it's pretty annoying! The thing i love in this hostel is the staffs!

• Austria, Female, 18-24
11th Apr 2017
6.6

the hostel is good located and cheap enough, but the rooms smell and it's a little bit dark and unfriendly 🌚 also, staff is not helpful in finding ways to explore san francisco and does not really offer tours or any recommendations.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
1st Apr 2017

Good affordable spot in the city

• USA, Female, 41+
29th Mar 2017

I give Amsterdam Hostel in San Francisco an A+. I was travelling on a budget to S.F. and did not know how I was going to be there for 6 days and do so. When I came across this hostel online for the cost, I thought that it was too...good to be true but I took a chance anyway. I am a single Black just turned 45 years of age female from St. Louis, Missouri. When I arrived the place was actually what it looked like from the website. When I entered it felt very homey. I instantly felt safe.

29th Mar 2017
5.7

I was expecting this place to be what it is, well located but not clean (smelly carpets). But I had read that in other reviews. what I wasn't expecting was the awkward and insensitive situation I went through with the staff. As I was checking in, the guy at reception saw that I, another man, had my nails painted. He then inquired: - was that a bet you lost? Not only did that make the situation very uncomfortable, it was aggressive and very uncalled for.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
7.1

Great location but that's about it. This place needs to be upgraded and deep cleaned. The beds are old and shaky with chipped paint and rust. The bathroom is showing signs of wear too. no great place to just "hang" with other travelers as well.

• England, Male, 25-30
5th Mar 2017

Would stay again, good location. Breakfast could use a bit of improvement though

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
26th Feb 2017
2.0

Bad Bad Bad hostel! Never stay here! The staffs are not friendly and do scam anywhere anytime. The venue is not cleaned and very dirty and the breakfast is actually not breakfast. You have to be noticed there is no buffet, serials, fruits nor bread. There is just a pan cake paste and you have to cook it.

• England, Male, 18-24
26th Feb 2017
6.9

Good value for money hostel. Free food is great if you are eager to make pancakes each morning. One gripe was that some top bunks didn't have a power plug attached to the bed, I had to tie mine to the frame so it was reachable from my bed.