Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

1994 Total Reviews

Once we arrived a rude young girl told us to wait like 30min, they were receiving bad comentaries, we had to wait more, when we could do the check in, we had to clean our beds, there were no numbers on them, at night, a boy come to one out beds and said hey this is my bed for next days, the room was full and i dont know what happen with him, this hostel run out of control, the reception is full of people just talking while the hostel was never clean at all. The breackfast incluided is a disaster

• 1st Feb 2016
  • Spain

Great location and reasonable price. We were a bit cold (in January) with just the thin blankets, but our room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Staff members were friendly.

• 30th Jan 2016

We had a bad experience for two reasons. Firstly, the hostel is not at all soundproof and a group of people used the kitchen directly next to our room to play drinking games until 2am. I understood that these guests had a right to enjoy the premises, but by 2am that sort of noise needs to have been addressed for the sake of the other paying guests. Secondly, people used the courtyard outside our window to smoke, and even with the windows closed the smoke was getting into our room.

Shower was not working at all and the door of the washroom was broken. Room 109

Amsterdam Hostel is a really nice and cheap place to stay. I just stayed there for two days. The location was perfect and it was good in comparison with the price. Breakfast was included, but you had to make your own pancakes. For me was that fine, but don't expect a big breakfast. There were a lot of international travelers, so it was very cosy.

• 18th Jan 2016

Kitchen closes at 10, so you can't even make tea or grab your beer fr the fridge at night. The cleaning staff are rude. The people behind the desk are not collegial, they just sit behind the counter and don't even interact with the guests. It's not even the prettiest place and you have to put up with that kind of ambiance

Very uncomfortable experience. I'm unsure an almost 6ft top bunk without any kind of rail is safe. I wouldn't have minded if it looked sturdy enough, however the bunk looked really DIY and I was afraid it could collapse in the night. Also, the steps up were extremely uncomfortable (it was a cheap rail - not steps - that hurt your feet and was not secured/connected at bottom so it wobbled). Really difficult when making the bed, but also just stepping up and keeping in place. Staff were unhelpful.

You have to change sheets yourself. Bring your own lock. They do not accept change. Bed is too soft.

This was my third stay at the hostel and ever time I returned they improved something. The location is great, staff very helpful and friendly. The kitchen supplies are good but they could get some new knifes and pods. Beds are comfortable and the group area is great to meet a lot of new people from all over. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change something about the WiFi. During the day it's great but in the evening (and I am totally aware of that everybody wants to be online during that time) SLOW.

I stayed in a shared room on the third floor. The room was so cold. They gave me just one not-that-warm blanket. I had to sleep with wearing full clothing and used my winter jacket as an alternative blanket. However, staffs were kind and pancake mix they offer in the morning was good.

• 12th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

You get what you pay for - but is a safe, clean & well-equipped hostel.

Everything was fine. The rooms are very clean and we had a own washroom in our dorm room. The stuff is nice but we could feel that it is just a job and no "hostel passion". Someone stole our food and we met 4!!! people in one night which food got stolen as well. That sucks if you are hungry as hell

The location was great. The only complaint I have is that there was always a strange smell in the lobby. But my room (a double) was great!

• 8th Jan 2016

A very good youth hostel. A bit expensive for Europe, but very cheap for SF! You are given bedsheets and a towel, you have access to a locker (bring your lock) and a baggage room during the day.

I stayed at the Amsterdam Hostel and honestly I was a little finicky at first as I have never stayed at a hostel before and in a completely new cuty, but i LOVED it. I went with two of my friends and we loved it. Union square is just 2 mins away. Restaurants are like a minute away. Great staff. Great everything. I highly recommend it. :)

• 1st Jan 2016
  • India

Decent location. Staff helpful. Pretty run of the mill hostel.

It smells extraordinary! Old carpets, old beds, everything is old inside the hostel. The way up to the location is a mess and right through the most dangerous streets of San Francisco!

Very cool and very good people!

Great location. Friendly atmosphere. Would stay there again.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Good value for money for backpacers. I was assigned a upper bunk bed but I found it hard and rather unsafe to reach it with an insecure ladder. When I asked to change to another room the staff just told me that every room was full. Breakfast (cook your own pancake) is fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5