Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

everything was perfect. room location staff and value for the money

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Excellent location, but the atmosphere is not the best.

• 24th Jun 2015

Pretty bad

• 22nd Jun 2015

Was a good hostel. Didn't love the are but was still close to Union Square if that is what you are after. Wifi was a little slow. Overall a good clean hostel.

The room I stayed was exceptionally dirty.

Both hostelworld and amsterdam hotel cannot help me with my concern. I will file a a dispute and complaint by the time i go home. I called after a few minutes before i booked for cancellation and no one can help me. There is always a way to cancel it specially if it was book less than 30 minutes.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Pro - large room - really good shower - clean sheets and bed - really hot Indian girl working there Con - room had 2 power plug near sink, 2 in bathroom. No plug near beds.

Good kitchen but closed after 10pm, bad breakfast, nice restrooms, poor beds, personal not dedicated

This hostel has better value for money than a couple of other hostels I've stayed at in that area. The rooms are a bit smelly (faint smell of public toilets and cleaning agents) and for the US the staff are a bit unfriendly, but otherwise it was fine. It's close to Powell Street Station etc., which is very convenient. I spent my first night there in a room on the 2nd floor, which was nice and well furnished. For the 2nd night I got relocated to a 1st room floor though, which wasn't that great.

It would be nice to have access to the kitchen a bit later. Staff were very helpful.

• 7th Jun 2015

I think the room where I stayed was pretty good and in line with my expectations. However, some of the rooms (e.g., the one right next to the entrance door, or the one right next to the kitchen) would have been terrible, given the near constant noisiness surrounding those areas at inconvenient times.

decent hostel, kitchen closed early which was pretty annoying

• 4th Jun 2015

Not a very friendly hostel. People are very sleep and leave. My food was stolen. Rooms need a good clean. Wifi was good

• 31st May 2015

Nice all you can eat pancakes for breakfast !

• 27th May 2015

Some of the staff was friendly and it's quite clean. However, sometimes can be too noisy.

Stayed for a night and the experience was good.

• 19th May 2015

Upon arrival at around 1am my wife and I found out we were being put in to separate dorms. They had no other free beds so we just had to suffer the consequences of their useless booking system. When I got to my room I had the squeakiest bunk bed I have ever known so got hardly any sleep. The next morning we asked to move rooms, they kept saying they couldn't do it but after I spoke to the manager they magically figured it out. The staff are lazy and don't care. They ruined our one day in SF!

Dirty, disorganised and very disappointing. The reviews are great, the reality is dirty floors, very poor Internet, ragged chairs in the breakfast area and a breakfast made up of other people's leftovers. The staff were reluctant to give towels and toilet paper, and trying to sleep in a room next to the road was difficult - especially as the lack of air conditioning meant it would either be cool and noisy or hot and quiet. Wouldn't recommend staying there to anyone I like.

the water flow in the toilett nest room was very noisy

• 12th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was really nice... The only thing is that the blankets were so thin... I got a cold ... It was freezing during the night and I think check out is too early. All the rest was really good. Thank you so much.

• 10th May 2015