Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

Staff was very helpful. I am elderly and the staff person carried my bag up two flights cheerfully. I was abe to print out what I needed on the computer -All in all, I would stay there again.

• 25th Aug 2014

Very good hostel. Feels like hotel sometimes. Location is good tho couple bloks down is pretty dangerous by night.

All staffs are really kind and the room really nice

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Staff here are all really nice and helpful although the hostel itself needs a bit of work. Top bunks aren't very wide and don't have any safety railings which was a bit worrying. Have to cook your pancakes yourself so hope you don't get stuck in a line like I did. No water dispenser in the kitchen so you have to get water from the sink, and people are always washing dishes in the sink so.. yeah. The location wasn't as bad as I'd read about. Super close to Union Square and the Airport BART train.

Lockers were good. Beds comfy. Pancake breakfast was great. Cable TV a bonus. Blocked toilets were a bit annoying. And a cheap shuttle to the airport is much appreciated.

We stayed in a 4 bed room only for two nights for a weekend away, and thank god it wasn't longer!! I've definitely been in much better hostels in big cities (including SF). Rooms are very run down, bunk beds were cranky, ensuite bathroom although functional was but very tiny and old, common kitchen is small and messy, and breakfast was practically non-existent (even if they claim there is!). The only good thing is the location. Next time, I'll try other hostels before repeating this one.

The whole place smelt bad, but other than that it was your average hostel..

Although located in the not-so-great section of the city (The Tenderloin) the hostel itself is quite secure. It's walking distance to Union square and the metro, and runs different events/activities in conjunction with other hostels. It may not be as new and flashy as some of the other hostels, the facilities are clean, and the free pancake breakfast is a bonus.

Free breakfast

When visiting San Fran we ran into very bad luck. Our bikes were stolen and now we are trying to gain what we had lost. Please visit http://www.gofundme.com/ceisa4 to learn more and donating.

• 28th Jul 2014

We stayed at Amsterdam Hostel for 3 nights in a 4 mixed ensuite bedroom. Both room and bathroom have a reasonable size and were clean and comfortable. The hostel provides sheets and towels. Our room didn't has air conditioner, but the weather in San Francisco is cool and it was not necessary! There is a big kitchen and a very friendly outdoors breakfast area! Staffs were helpful. We had a great experience at Amsterdam Hostel. Good value for money

• 24th Jul 2014

Best price in town, good location, nice people to meet. The only thing I didn't like much was that the kitchen (access to the common fridge) was closed after 10pm

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Great location and atmosphere. Breakfast included (make your own pancakes) which at times caused long waits to use kitchen etc. Wi Fi was terrible and constantly logged out every time. Facilities generally good and staff were helpful. Would recommend staying here! Great hostel atmosphere with lots of common rooms.

I had a great time. Enjoyed my stay and the location is so great! Would come back for sure.

An okay hostel. Rooms were quite stuffy, but not too bad. Staff were friendly and helpful. My main issues with this hostel is that the sheets were stained (even though they were washed). This was a negative in comparison to other hostels i've stayed at.

Very impolite front desk. Rooms are ok though. If you just wanna sleep there go for it but don't ask anyone for help there.

Oke hostel, not great. Rather expensive (but so is the whole of SF) for the quality of this old room. You have to make your own breakfast (pancakes), but therefore you must wait at least 45min for the only good pan.

Good hostel; Good location; near the Union square , China town and muni-Bart station! staff very friendly. Pancake very good! You should make yourself. When I come back SF, I will stay here again! See you next time!!!

When I read the reviews I was a bit wary but it's not so bad. I didn't see many homeless people around the hostel, there is much worse parts. The hostel did smell a bit but it's and old building. The beds are a bit sketchy on the top bunk but it just build the old charm character . The kitchen was pretty dirty but the bathroom was all good. People were not very social when I was there. The staff were helpful.

The Beds were unstayable. If you have a little movement,you could wake your roomates.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4