Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

Excellent place!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Loved it! Pancake breakfast was amazing!

The stuff there was not really interested in helping me with questions or let me check-in by time. My bed was probably 100 years old and totaly overused. A new matraz could be a good idea... or a new back after more than 2 nights. But at least my room was clean

This is a motel comparing it with another nearb hostel that I spent the last 2 days, called ENCORE HOSTEL, this one it is a 5*hotel comparing with this dirty & nasty place. You could look in the eyes of the staff that all they wanted was money. It also they changed my booked room. I arrived 2:45, they didn't allow me to do the check in until 3, despite of I told then I had a important interview. Pathetic in all terms this hostel. Best thing : location

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

I was very surprised at how nice this place is after reading a few negative comments before arriving. It is located in an excellent location, closed to center of main activities of the city and off the tenderloin area few blocks away where other hostels located. Room is clean with private bathroom for four and front desk staff are very helpful. There was a problem with water running from bathroom ceiling the first day but it was quickly fixed. Overall, highly recommended, deal for your money.

• 11th Aug 2015

Very friendly staff, they helped out many times. When we had questions they were trying to help. But it could have more clean. Unfortunately they don't offer parking spots for free. You have to park around the corner for 30$a day and you can't use it in and out.

• 9th Aug 2015

Breakfast was the worst. I don't want to eat those things again. Room was too hot. I think they don't have air conditioner.

great ensuite bathrooms staff friendly and helpful common areas valuable

Overall a very average hostel. We were there over the weekend and there was absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever. We saw a few signs for organised activities but they didn't seem to happen. Good location close to the shops in union square. Some of the staff helpful, especially a girl, but some of the guys not so helpful. Rooms very average - good size with lockers but not overly clean. My shower worked well but the room below the shower didn't work at all. Told the front desk but did nothing!

Amsterdam Hostel in SF was very good. We felt safe, it was clean & housekeeping comes to clean every day. There is someone on staff 24/7. They have a nice community kitchen, dining area, laundry facilities and lounge area. It was our first hostel stay and we would stay here again.

• 24th Jul 2015

The room and bathroom were dirty. The staff were inconsiderate. The group of guests staying in my room were rude and filthy.

Good hostel but you need a car!

ensuite bathrooms great, need more group events for guests

For the amount we (my partner and I paid) I expected a bit more. The rooms were reasonably small and cramped. They were old looking and I'm really not sure they were very clean. Our particulat room was over the back terrace which was where everyone drank and partied at night which can be expected but the hostel had a quiet after 10 policy that was never kept too so our sleep was constantly interrupted. also, the lights went out in our room and no one would fix them which made things hard.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

friendly staff, handy location

The Hostel was clean, Well located. The Staff was friendly and helpful. I liked that the rooms had a private bath, lo lees and only 4 beds (dorms). This hostel offered great value. I would definitely stay here again

• 13th Jul 2015

There was some problem with the internet access for 2 days and it took a lot of time to solve it. Printing was very expensive, 0.5$/1 page. wtf

The room was right but was stinking a lit bit..When I arrived to do the check in, I had to wait almost half hour coz the guy from the reception was really buzy with his papework and ask me to wait.That was almost 19:00 and I was really tired. There is not much activities going on at the hostel and the comon area is really poor. They close the kitchen really early and open really late..I mean,all your food get stuck there.The staff seem like to be new and couldn't. Not recommend it

The hostel was pretty good. I was so happy that the beds in my room didn't squeak. The shower was warm and powerful. The Internet worked perfectly and I was only spoken to rudely by one staff member on one occasion, "I drive a car! How am I supposed to know anything about busses?!" But it's all good; I apologised for my question and we moved on.

I enjoyed my stay here, it is a cool old building and you have an ensuite in your room. I felt comfortable and at home, it has everything you need in a hostel. Not a flash place, but that isn't really what you expect when you stay in a hostel anyway I think. I would stay here again if I came back to San Fran.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4