Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

this is very place to meeting travelers ,i had good time ,expect bed,,bed is suck .i could don't sleep.

Worst hostel experience ever! Do yourself a favour and Hostelling International is 100 times better and at the same price Facilities: the hostel is old, unmaintained, decrepit and dirty The hall carpets were nasty and smells. The actual room is small and bed are old, rusty and the matress is uncofortable Security: The hostel is in the Tenderloin. But even their storage area, where you can leave your bag for the day has no ticket system! Staff: Unfriendly and incooperative Breakfast is a joke

The Amsterdam Hostel is in a very good condition. the 6-bed-dorms have an own bathroom (-> clean) and the kitchen is equipped quite good. Public transportation is nearby as is the Union Square. I had a good stay there.

• 5th Oct 2014

Although breakfast is "included" it is a joke and one of the poorest I have had, there was just coffee, no cups, just plastic glasses, and a pot to prepare yourself pancakes. no more. Further more the shower was cold, no hot water, actually was just a thin stream of cold water.

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

I've stayed here a few times and I've haven't found anything wrong with this place. Clean sheet and beds, all the Staff and guests are so friendly. I reccomend this place to any student/traveler wanting to stay in San fran for a while. Cheap and cheerful. And I can't not mention the bomb pancake breakfasts.

This hostel is very affordable (I paid $26 to stay on a weeknight) and in a great location Towels are free, and everyone has their own locker in the room (Bring your own lock). Downsides: If you're on a top bunk, be aware that the ladder is WEAK. Also, there is no bar on the bed to keep you from rolling off in your sleep. And a tip: If your transaction comes to less than $30, you'll be paying in cash. Be ready to put down a $10 deposit, which you'll get back when you return your key card.

Very old equipment, terrible beds, expensive. It's okay if you just want to sleep, but nothing more

This is a really cool looking hostel that's very comfortable. Staff at front desk are extremely nice and helpful. Rooms are big. Definitely would stay here again. There's also a deal for renting bikes 24hrs at a great price.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The staff all speak poor English and the after hours staff don't really seem to have a clue and are of no help. We had water leaking through the bathroom light all night, not just a drip, but a steady flow and we were handed two towels! Walls are paper thin, I got a fungal foot infection, the kitchen is tiny for a 200 bed place and smokers are smoking in the outdoor eating area as no one police's it. Would I stay again? No

• 19th Sep 2014

Everything was good. everybody was very nice. the only thing I did not like is that there is no elevator and i had a lot of stuff, the rest was awesome!

I adored this hostel. The atmosphere facilitated connection among guests. It was warm welcoming. I had a stellar experience.

• 11th Sep 2014

Reasonably priced hostel in an expensive city.

• 5th Sep 2014

Staff was sub-par. Didn't appear to be too friendly.

Location was ok. Staff was not very helpful. I wanted to ask some questions, they just told me if I may come back later and ask all my questions . Breakfast was just pancakes, they are ok for one or two days but not more!! Once payed there are no refunds. I think you get what you pay for, but it could be more!

I really enjoyed exploring San Francisco with the nice hostel!

Very good location and friendly atmosphere. Small rooms but cozy. There are numerous common areas to eat, chill out etc. Good place over all. Negative: Don't expect any breakfast. There's no breakfast apart from messy bucket of pancake batter that you have to fry on your own. WiFi disconnects constantly.

Staff was very helpful. I am elderly and the staff person carried my bag up two flights cheerfully. I was abe to print out what I needed on the computer -All in all, I would stay there again.

• 25th Aug 2014

Very good hostel. Feels like hotel sometimes. Location is good tho couple bloks down is pretty dangerous by night.

All staffs are really kind and the room really nice

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

For the price and location I would be very hard to beat it I will recommend it to anyone I know whos going to San Francisco

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4