Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

I don't know why people would feel this place is bad in any way. I've been to my part of hostels around the world and this one is definitely one of the better ones! Modest, but good! If you're backpacking this is the perfect location for downtown SF. Being one, like in a lot of major cities, you'll meet homeless people and nutters, that being said, they are not around the hostel. If you don't want to run into them, just stay out of Tinderloin mainly Come and check it out - you won't regret it.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

I stayed there for four nights and the locations and staff were amazing! However, there was a weird smell that I think it came from carpets. I probably had bad luck and coincided with strange and with dirty guests. I think the breakfast can be definitely improved maybe with more options, there was a huge pot with pancakes mix ALL mornings!

No elevator - I had a very big suitcase and the staff members didn't help me carrying it for two floors. Very dusty carpets Breakfast included means that you can cook pancakes. I was expenting to find some bread at least Double decker was a nightmare Good wifi also in the rooms

The hostel was very very good. Very clean, good breakfast and services. The only problems were they closed the kitchen at 10pm and you couldn't take your food in the fridge, and the wifi sometimes didn't work.

The hostel is in downtown, but there is a huge number of homeless people in the streets. I didn´t fell well and safe in this area. There wasn´t enough chargers in the room anyway my stay here was good, people were nice and staff too.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

it was nice place for 1person and soundproofing was terrible. i could hear people talk all night.. and my room window's curtain was broken ... Other than this was good free wi fi , breakfast, coffee and location Thanks

• 7th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Breakfast could be improved as there are only pancakes. Other than value for money.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Bathroom per room is massive bonus. Beds not particularly comfortable but nothing awful. Location good, 5 mins from Union square and able to walk to the piers if dont want to take the bus! Good secure luggage storage. Don't rely on the breakfast didn't seem to be much but maybe we were a bit early!

This was my second stay and I enjoyed it like the last time. Nice staff, really good location and everything you need. Also the rooms get cleaned everyday. I recommend staying here.

good hostel, location not far from Union Square

Great little hostel, Easier if they did a different breakfast - pancakes good though when not waiting to make them ! Great location, cheap, cheerful Maybe need to assign beds - got in at midnight...no idea which bed was free etc

Receptionist was friendly, informative, helpful, accurate, and businesslike. Excellent value and location. (The walk from California Street cable car is steep. -Welcome to SF.) My six person dorm was more spacious than many hostels and it had a window over the street giving good light. With windows closed, noise was not a problem. Wi-fi a bit week in the room but usable. Lockers in room were larger than some I have seen. Prepared free breakfast was simply coffee and pancake batter.

• 21st Mar 2015

Very clean! Highly recommended

I couldn't get wifi in the room, no place charge my laptop, phone in the room. It's not really clean and the smell in the hostel is awful

• 21st Mar 2015
  • China

Took place since I was only there for 3 nights and knew I would be out early and home late. Location is ok but once inside it is quite shabby. Ripped up couch in lobby, garbage pails overflowing for 2 days, how hard is it to empty garbage? Room was dark, desk lamp had no bulb and was defective anyway. Closet door no knob. Slight odor. Dresser had dangling piece and was so old that drawers opened only after much fiddling with. Very low end, good for kids with lil cash to spend.

• 20th Mar 2015

Thanks a bunch for a great experience!

A good place to live in. Have pancakes for breakfast, while you have to make it by yourself. The place is quite, close to union square and Chinatown

• 14th Mar 2015
  • China

Staff are nice and helpful.

There was a bad smell in the room. One would enjoy a fresh smell of cleanness.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mongolia

I spent goot time.I can make many friends in this hostel!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4