7.4
Very Good 2,215 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 2,215 Total Reviews
Amsterdam Hostel Located at 749 Taylor Street, , San Francisco.
USA
San Francisco Ca 94108 749 Taylor Street
74% 2215
37.7893090 -122.4120280
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
23rd Sep 2016
4.9

Of all the hostels I've stayed in, this was the worst experience. Good things: Great location Quiet for being in the city Bad things: Very lumpy,thin cheap mattress - I'd really call it a pad, not a mattress Loud, creaky beds NO SOAP with sink! They give you sheets to make your own bed, and then ask you to bring them down with you when you leave Bad layout for mixed dorm room - bathroom has noisy fan, and sink is in the room, so you wake everyone if you need to use either

7th Sep 2016
6.0

Stay here if you're into the bohemian lifestyle. The place was clean but old, stained, and deteriorated. The staff was nice but too laid back, it felt unprofessional. The 'free breakfast' was pancake mix. The internet was weak and spotty. Kept having to leave my room to for better connection in the living room. However, the living room was always filled with squatters/homeless people. I don't mind that the hostel welcomed them bu would have preferred if the hostel had just given them a room

• England, Female, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016
6.9

This is a decent hostel. It's located in a nice place and has good facilities etc... Not the best in SF but it's safe and good value for money. I got the room right next to the kitchen which wasn't good because I saw a mouse running around. So try not to get that room... Apart from that, all was good

• Germany, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
2.0

Worst Hostel ever, I wouldn't recommend anybody to go there. The staff is unfriendly and rude, rooms are in bad conditions and it is dirty !!

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2016
2.6

AWFUL, do not book here. Staff and accommodations were terrible.

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
29th Aug 2016
8.0

Place is nice, clean and in a good location. Though it was my fault for not checking beforehand if they had elevators (I had 3 huge luggages) the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful - didn't bother trying to see if I could switch to a room on the ground floor / help me with my bags / find some alternatives so I had to lug all of them 2 floors up by myself. Kitchen is sub-par compared to other hostels I've been to but if you're not particular about that and don't have much luggage then here&#

26th Aug 2016
7.7

Affordable shared rooms. Nice atmosphere. Although rooms were a bit small as well as the storage for luggage. Security for storage could be improved. At least have a staff wait by the door to watch guests place or retrieve their belongings to ensure there's no tampering of other guests belongings. But all in all great service and will definitely recommend if just visiting for the weekend.

• Austria, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Aug 2016
5.1

Hostel was a big diappointment! Beds looked like they bought them from Alcatraz when it closed, room and ensuite bathroom were not really clean (obvious mold in the bathroom). On hostelworld there were lockers in the room promised, but when we arrived there were no lockers. Altough I talked to the staff, they did not do anything!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Aug 2016
6.9

The Amsterdam Hostel was an alright hostel. It was actually more like a hotel than a hostel. The staff were nice but they didn't really interact with you outside of their duties like you find at other hostels - that might just be a product of the area, I'm not sure. The breakfast also wasn't really great- they only served pancakes (they gave you pre-prepared batter and you made them yourself) I don't really like pancakes so I was out of luck there. The bathrooms were nice though!

• England, Female, 18-24
19th Aug 2016

Everything about this hostel is excellent! My friends and I stayed here for our visit. The staff were super helpful and friendly. We had arrived early to DC and spent time playing games in the lounge. There was so much to choose from. The facilities such as the bathrooms, kitchen and communal longer area made you feel like you were at home. They even made us brownies on the second day. The hostel makes sure that there is always something to do for their guests. :)