Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

1914 Total Reviews

A very good hostel located near Union Square. Older building but has good facilities and large rooms. Beds were also comfortable.

Nice staff, nice people. Pancakes!

Great hostel experience. Comfy common room, friendly guests, and helpful staff right in the heart of San Francisco. Great value for the money -- had a great time!

• 11th Nov 2015

The hostel stinks so bad!! I lost my ring and the staff wasn't helpful at all to help me to find it. I left the ring under my pillow on the first night i arrived, i forgot to put it on in the morning and went out when i got back to the hostel in the evening the ring wasn't there. I straight away reported it to the front desk as it was a very valuable ring but they told me to talk to cleaners and they said there are three cleaners and i need to find them whenever their shifts are and ask them!!!

Someone, either the cleaning ladies (I say this because I found my headphones in the laundry room after they'd been lifted from my room) or other guests stole my phone chargers and headphones. Thank god they didn't get anything more valuable. Staff was rude and unfriendly and treated me with curt suspicion for the whole stay, which made me feel bad and undervalued as a customer. The beds are rickety and poorly maintained. The other guests were friendly and kind but the staff was rude rude rude.

• 8th Nov 2015

The staff is really nice and always ready to help. It was really clean and perfect to get everywhere. I'm coming back really soon.

Nice hostel, great location and very friendly staff! Would stay here again

I really enjoyed my stay. The accommodation was great with wonderful building staff who are very kind, helpful and welcoming. Lots of space, laundry, kitchen and a patio open to all until 10pm every night. 24 hour building staff and free towels, bed sheets and pillow case.

Great place! Make your own pancakes for breakfast.

A excellent value for money place. Highly recommended!!

Pay the extra $10 and stay at the HI hostel. Fine but expensive for what you get, facilities are old. Rooms aren't clean and if you ask them to fix your toilet that has stopped flushing they will tell you to fiddle with it & try fix yourself ?!

My friend and I had a great time at this hostel. The staff wasn't great, but the people were great :) They have good wifi and all you can eat pancakes in the moring(but you have to make it by herself :D ) The location was quite good. ;)

Staff friendly, the location was great and it was clean! Although, the breakfast could have been a little bit more diversified but overall everything was great! :)

Everything was excelente. The only thing was the room with the window to the very noisy street, however you can expect it because of the center location of the hostel.

Great location in the city; walking distance to the shopping center of town. So easy to get around with public transport and away from the Tenderloin area, which is definitely a freak show :)

Cool building, semi-comfortable beds, free breakfast (pancake batter and coffee), location central to a number of attractions. Shower broke during our stay but was promptly fixed, bathrooms are equipped with hair dryers, checkout was easy and quick. Not much in the way of AC, open window was a necessity. Would stay here again.

• 9th Oct 2015

Nicely located hostel, if you're the walking type then you'll reach almost every interesting place in SF in around 30mim, buses or streetcars won't save you a lot of time anyway but that's because of the city hills. The hostel is just fine, works to explore the city and then have a place to sleep and have hot cakes in the morning, if looking for a hostel atmosphere you won't find it here, it's pretty quiet. Could improve facilities cause it looks old and dirty although it is mostly clean.

Awful experience. I stayed here for 3 nights with a friend but couldn't take it anymore and shifted to the green tortoise (paradise compared to this place). Random Asian handyman burst into our room on the first morning without knocking and yelled that he needed to fix the windows and we would have to vacate the room all day (same thing happened the next 2 days). Left debris all over the carpet and was so rude. Dirty bathrooms, average staff, don't bother! Only stay here if it's last resort

Great location, average price Issues we had : the staff didn't inform us about towels or sheets and not enough pancake mix was provided during breakfast, one morning it ran out at 9:30am when breakfast was suppose to be provided until 10am

• 6th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Best cost-benefit so far in San Francisco. Employees not friendly and not helpful. I needed to ask several times to get more detail on what I needed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5