Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

The hostel was pretty good. I was so happy that the beds in my room didn't squeak. The shower was warm and powerful. The Internet worked perfectly and I was only spoken to rudely by one staff member on one occasion, "I drive a car! How am I supposed to know anything about busses?!" But it's all good; I apologised for my question and we moved on.

I enjoyed my stay here, it is a cool old building and you have an ensuite in your room. I felt comfortable and at home, it has everything you need in a hostel. Not a flash place, but that isn't really what you expect when you stay in a hostel anyway I think. I would stay here again if I came back to San Fran.

It was not worth the money at all.

Perfect for if you need a base in San Francisco! Just be prepared for the walk to it if you're not getting a cab! :)

everything was perfect. room location staff and value for the money

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Really clean spacious dorm rooms, friendly staff that can help you find your way around town. The communal areas lacked a soacial atmosohere because they were so spread apart

Excellent location, but the atmosphere is not the best.

• 24th Jun 2015

Pretty bad

• 22nd Jun 2015

Was a good hostel. Didn't love the are but was still close to Union Square if that is what you are after. Wifi was a little slow. Overall a good clean hostel.

Not the best place for meeting people but it's OK on the whole. The kitchen gets very crowded at breakfast time when everyone's making pancakes and the rooms can get pretty hot at night. It's... a decent enough hostel, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

The room I stayed was exceptionally dirty.

Both hostelworld and amsterdam hotel cannot help me with my concern. I will file a a dispute and complaint by the time i go home. I called after a few minutes before i booked for cancellation and no one can help me. There is always a way to cancel it specially if it was book less than 30 minutes.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Pro - large room - really good shower - clean sheets and bed - really hot Indian girl working there Con - room had 2 power plug near sink, 2 in bathroom. No plug near beds.

Good kitchen but closed after 10pm, bad breakfast, nice restrooms, poor beds, personal not dedicated

This hostel has better value for money than a couple of other hostels I've stayed at in that area. The rooms are a bit smelly (faint smell of public toilets and cleaning agents) and for the US the staff are a bit unfriendly, but otherwise it was fine. It's close to Powell Street Station etc., which is very convenient. I spent my first night there in a room on the 2nd floor, which was nice and well furnished. For the 2nd night I got relocated to a 1st room floor though, which wasn't that great.

It would be nice to have access to the kitchen a bit later. Staff were very helpful.

• 7th Jun 2015

I think the room where I stayed was pretty good and in line with my expectations. However, some of the rooms (e.g., the one right next to the entrance door, or the one right next to the kitchen) would have been terrible, given the near constant noisiness surrounding those areas at inconvenient times.

decent hostel, kitchen closed early which was pretty annoying

• 4th Jun 2015

Not a very friendly hostel. People are very sleep and leave. My food was stolen. Rooms need a good clean. Wifi was good

• 31st May 2015

Nice all you can eat pancakes for breakfast !

• 27th May 2015