Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

Friendly staff in convenience location. Also The bathroom is clean. But this hostel is on the huge up hill. So If you are trying to go there with luggage, I would recommend to take a bus or taxi. Also, the bunk bed makes a noise a lot. Also the ladder to bunker bed is not fixed. The number of plug is not enough so I charged my phone right by the door. Someone in my room took it. I cant help buy new one.

Some of the staff was friendly and it's quite clean. However, sometimes can be too noisy.

Stayed for a night and the experience was good.

• 19th May 2015

Upon arrival at around 1am my wife and I found out we were being put in to separate dorms. They had no other free beds so we just had to suffer the consequences of their useless booking system. When I got to my room I had the squeakiest bunk bed I have ever known so got hardly any sleep. The next morning we asked to move rooms, they kept saying they couldn't do it but after I spoke to the manager they magically figured it out. The staff are lazy and don't care. They ruined our one day in SF!

Dirty, disorganised and very disappointing. The reviews are great, the reality is dirty floors, very poor Internet, ragged chairs in the breakfast area and a breakfast made up of other people's leftovers. The staff were reluctant to give towels and toilet paper, and trying to sleep in a room next to the road was difficult - especially as the lack of air conditioning meant it would either be cool and noisy or hot and quiet. Wouldn't recommend staying there to anyone I like.

the water flow in the toilett nest room was very noisy

• 12th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was really nice... The only thing is that the blankets were so thin... I got a cold ... It was freezing during the night and I think check out is too early. All the rest was really good. Thank you so much.

• 10th May 2015
  • Chile

Perfect place for those who are tight on budget, clean, professional staff who are very helpful

Loved the hostel, great location, helpful staff, good wifi, pancakes were yum.

This is a really nice hostel, located right in the heart of San Francisco. Great front desk staff who were very friendly an met our needs. Eventhough th kitchen was closed before 7am we were let in at 6.30 to have breakfast on the morning of our departur, which was much appreciated!

• 4th May 2015
  • Finland

Very good hostel

• 29th Apr 2015

No elevator available. It's quite difficult to find a good parking spot nearby, so - if you're coming by car - just check in first and they'll give you a voucher for a cheap public parking.

Pretty standard hostel. My wife and I booked a private double bed for 2 nights. Security - Sometime after midnight my wife and I were woken by another guest opening our locked door with a working keycard. My own keycard was disabled and when I mentioned it to the front desk, they didn't apologize, they only said that the event the previous night was a mistake. Atmosphere - The toilets make a loud screeching noise when flushed and it cuts right through the walls. Made it hard to sleep.

Quiet and clean. Kitchen doesn't have enough working space at common eating times. Not enough common areas to drink and socialize. Good WiFi and enough power outlets. Staff had some problems when extending stays, but always stays friendly!

I don't know why people would feel this place is bad in any way. I've been to my part of hostels around the world and this one is definitely one of the better ones! Modest, but good! If you're backpacking this is the perfect location for downtown SF. Being one, like in a lot of major cities, you'll meet homeless people and nutters, that being said, they are not around the hostel. If you don't want to run into them, just stay out of Tinderloin mainly Come and check it out - you won't regret it.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Denmark

I stayed there for four nights and the locations and staff were amazing! However, there was a weird smell that I think it came from carpets. I probably had bad luck and coincided with strange and with dirty guests. I think the breakfast can be definitely improved maybe with more options, there was a huge pot with pancakes mix ALL mornings!

No elevator - I had a very big suitcase and the staff members didn't help me carrying it for two floors. Very dusty carpets Breakfast included means that you can cook pancakes. I was expenting to find some bread at least Double decker was a nightmare Good wifi also in the rooms

The hostel was very very good. Very clean, good breakfast and services. The only problems were they closed the kitchen at 10pm and you couldn't take your food in the fridge, and the wifi sometimes didn't work.

The hostel is in downtown, but there is a huge number of homeless people in the streets. I didn´t fell well and safe in this area. There wasn´t enough chargers in the room anyway my stay here was good, people were nice and staff too.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

it was nice place for 1person and soundproofing was terrible. i could hear people talk all night.. and my room window's curtain was broken ... Other than this was good free wi fi , breakfast, coffee and location Thanks

• 7th Apr 2015