Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

As one of the cheapest hostels in San Fran this place was great, spacious dorms with lockers and shared bathroom and overall a very good and clean hostel. A few things prevents it being perfect like no reading lights, meaning at night it's either the main light or darkness and the staff were nice when speaking to them or asking questions but I didn't have much interaction with them and I don't know if anyone even went to events displayed. Overall I had a great time here and met some great people

Once again I am nothing but nice to people from the country of the staff that work at this hostel. Once again people from the country of the staff that work at this hostel hate me because of how UGLY they know they look.

The hostel, centrally located in San Fran, was a great value for the price. The building is very old and has a historic charm, but is also showing signs of its age. The beds were squeaky and not very comfortable, but for just two nights, served my purposes. The free pancakes for breakfast were a great perk! I also met lots of nice people who were staying there.

Really nice hostel for price, especially considering that it is San Francisco. The free breakfast wasn't that great but other than that it is a pretty nice and quiet place where you can run into some really cool travelers from around the world.

Nice place. We stayed in a queen bed room for two. Good with a window wich kept it cool and could be open 24h. Little noisy but safe and calm hostel. Easy to make pancakes in the morning. To bad it was no access to the kitchen after breakfast. Otherwise easy to access and no hazle.

This hostel has a large living area to hang out in as well as the reception area upstairs. In the kitchen are complementary pancakes for breakfast, which are highly appreciated for the budget traveler. There is a large dining room in front of the kitchen and a big outdoor backyard behind the kitchen. The average guest in the hostel appears to be young and from outside the city (Often from outside the country).

kinda good location bad smell in the room-feels like in the toilet worst breakfast ever bad bed 화장실 냄새 많이 나구요 아침은 엄청나게 맛없는 팬케잌 가격, 위치 빼고 별로 추천 안해드려요

• 4th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

It was not as bad as expected. It's a quiet hostel, while there is common areas they don't organise social activities but perfect for a couple nights stay as in excellent location

It was e really nice stay! Maybe if the kitchen would be open later than 10 pm would be nicer, but all the rest is perfect! very central and very nice staff! old school style! I liked that!

• 31st Jan 2015

The ceiling leaked, walls are paper thin so even in a private room you can hear guys drinking all night. Facilities provides a complimentary wake up call by vacuuming outside your room promptly at 9:20 every morning. We came back to our room one day and it smelled mysteriously like cigarette smoke. Had a few night terrors and also there was a guy in the next room singing all night one. Place smells weird but not in a bad way.

awesome breakfast, pancakes self-making...;)

I booked for 14 nights. For the first 3 nights, the door to the room would not open, so we had to keep the door unlocked and open even at night. So on day 9 my work was done and i asked to see if i can leave early with a refund. The hostel refused. Considering guest like me did not complain about an open room where anyone can come in and steal things, maybe they can be a little couteous especially when i stayed there almost 21 nights.

I stayed there twice, and each time there was only one problem, which was they closed there kitchen at 22:00- 07:00. Which I could put up with. But open only till 10:00 then closed till 11:00 for cleaning but on more than five occasions the kitchen was closed till 11:45 I even had to ask for the kitchen to be opened.

Room smelled of cat urine

• 23rd Jan 2015

We booked the Amsterdam hostal expecting the worse..... it was actually a nice stay. The staff was fun and informative. it is located in a central location with in the city. Free pancakes all morning. The rooms get a little stuffy, but you can always open your windows to get fresh air. the security was great. The lockers are spacious. They also offer activities for people to do. Fresh linens, the kitchen is spacious. The back patio is nice and private. The bathroom was clean. The price is great.

We spent a night only, I wish we could have spent more time. The employees were really nice and the atmosphere was really quite which is just what we needed. Good quality compared to the price we actually paid. I find pretty cool the fact that you have to make your own pancake for free in the morning for breakfast, but the only thing about that is that you have to wait before you can actually bake your. Orange juice and hot cocoa for breakfast was missing, some people don't drink coffee or tea.

Quite small group rooms and poor breakfast, yet helpful staff, location near the center, computers with internet and absolutely best price of all hostels in San Francisco.

Amsterdam Hostel was a very, very good choice! It’s location is perfect! Near the metro, malls, shops, mini markets, stores, restaurants and the most important attractions in San Francisco. I think the breakfast was ok too. I really enjoy my stay at Amsterdam. Only one thing, although the staff was very good, kind and always helped me there was a guy, tall, short hair, not very dark mustache, he didn’t wear glasses whose service was not the best. Five minutes waiting for something became hour.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »