Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

I Had a good time in this Hostel. People are nice and cool. I would stay there again. Great location.

• 13th Dec 2014

It is a hostel and not a hotel, so don't anticipate any luxuries because there are none. The rather good part of this place is, it is in downtown which is big plus. Also it is comparatively cheaper, maybe this a drawback, as it is always crowded. There are many people who stay in this place for months, apparently it is way to economical than renting an apartment / studio in SF.

This was the best hybrid between a hotel and a hostel! Having a private room with an ensuite and all standard amenities of a hotel was great (sheets, towels, shampoo(!!), hair dryer, mini fridge). But then to also have common rooms, computers with free wi-fi, and a kitchen where we met amazing people made this a great place to stay! Ignore other comments about cleanliness and smell. It was an old, but well kept building considering the traffic with really helpful staff.

Some of my personal belongings were thrown out by the cleaner, and some of them stolen. To figure all this out I had to fish through the bins myself. Very unimpressive. My friend's bed was so unsteady she felt unsafe and couldn't sleep properly, after complaining she was moved but a new guest was put straight on the bad bed. Our keys continually stopped working and we had to get them re-programmed many times. I would never recommend this hostel to a friend.

chilled hostel. Not much to complain. Good location, clean, staff are not super friendly but okay. Kitchen closed for night time. Relaxed

• 7th Dec 2014

The smell in the hostel is unbearable. Although I had booked and payed for four nights, I had to leave after the second night because I could not stand it anymore. When I talked about this topic to the staff, they told me that there is nothing they can do about it. They could also not cancel a second stay I had reserved at the Amsterdam Hostel but asked me to cancel via email. That is lousy service! The kitchen and common room were almost always dirty.

A really nice place, well located, cool people and free pancakes on the morning !

• 5th Dec 2014

I really love this kitchen. it could be a little better organized, but the community cooking was by far the my favorite thing about staying in a hostel, and you had the best kitchen i had ever seen in my travels.

• 3rd Dec 2014

The staff were really friendly and helpful and there was a great atmosphere in the hostel. I met new people every night just by sitting in the common areas.

Overall, I had a good one night stay :)

• 30th Nov 2014
  • China

I've been travelling for 3 months staying in at hostels all around the world but this is the worst I have experienced. The room was dirty and smelt old and damp. Plus I was bitten all over by bed bugs from head to toe, they refunded my money but the staff didn't care at all what had happened and I don't believe they did anything about the situation. Yes the hostel is in a great location but that's the only good part. Stay away!!

• 26th Nov 2014

We enjoyed our stay a lot. Front desk staff was so helpful. The only bad thing was breakfast- waiting on the line to make pancakes, not enough materials in the kitchen. Next time I am in San Francisco, I will definitely choose to stay here again.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »