Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

Very good hostel for the price. Stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm that was larger than many 6-bed dorms I have stayed in while traveling. Room and bathroom were cleaned daily. The kitchen was well equipped. Breakfast was well provided for with daily pancakes, coffee and tea. Drawbacks: limited space to drink / mingle after outdoor and kitchen area closes at 10pm (there is a TV room but it was always populated).

• 18th Apr 2014

Great place to stay for the price. But you may want to ask for a room off the street - traffic can be very noisy early in the morning!

• 14th Apr 2014

Very pleasant stay. Wifi is free but is a bit patchy at times. Close to Powell Street station (for airports and outlying towns) and union square. Fairly easy bus connections to main tourist places. Free luggage storage was a nice touch.

is very worth for the money.very basic and nice hostel.They dont try to play, it is what it is..really for people that loves travelling..not for pick ones ! The staff helped me when i was feeling bad, trowing up and everything, they was nice, respectful.

It's very good hostel. Good location. Free pancakes ans coffee on breakfast ☕️ Not expensive. I recommend to stay in this hostel 👍

don't go to san francisco with the car!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, decent rooms and a low price for San Francisco. Stayed for 8 days, and tried several rooms because I booked most nights on arrival. All okay, with lockers and toilet shower for each room.

The internet was fast and reliable. That was the only good part about the hostel.

I stayed in a bedroom for four people. The room was cozy and the bathroome was clean. Although the kitchen was sometimes dirty, no problem. The location is good if you want to go shopping.

Me and my girlfriend stayed in a private room for 12 nights and our room was cleaned only once. That was after a week of staying there and our room not being touched. We slept on the same sheets the whole time cause the one time our room was cleaned they still didn't change the sheets. We paid $82 US dollars a night for that room so it wasn't exactly cheap by any means. The least they could have done was made sure it was clean with fresh sheets every few days!

Easily the cheapest hostel in San Fran, so it wasn't the most glamorous, but for $23 a night, no complaints. The kitchen is pretty small and not the cleanest. The wifi is petty horrible, but it's free. Best aspects were the baggage storage until 9pm and favourable location,

Beds need ladders! Pancakes were good!

Very disappointing. Bad internet. Transformations have to be made!!!

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Morocco

Great Location. Fair Price. Good and friendly staff. Would recommend and definitely stay there again.

I read a lot of reviews that talked about the mold and the overall cleanliness of the hostel. When I arrived, I finally understood what they meant! While my 6 all-female dorm room had its own bathroom, there was a TON of mold near the top of the ceiling. Basically, if you looked up, there was mold. The nozzle that turned the water on didn't really work to change the temperature. I wish they had placed a bathmat for when you exit the shower. When I went into the basement, it felt dirty too.

• 15th Mar 2014

Special shout out to Javier! He's a great guy to have around the hostel. I stayed two weeks and met some fantastic people. The hostel is great value considering every room has a private en suite, and the rooms are cleaned regularly. Staff are generally helpful, the internet is pretty reliable, the kitchen has everything required. Shame the outdoor section closes at 10. Proximity to shops, restaurants and some sights. Would stay here again.

I paid 10% before going there, and I was supposed to pay 190 at the hostel. My disappointment was when the front desk guy asked me to pay 250 because of the taxes, furthermore my friends paid a lot less because they scheduled a little earlier.

• 13th Mar 2014

Stay was fantastic and enjoy the 4 person rooms rather than bigger dorms. Would suggest that the beds need ladders as quite challenging to get up without them. Also installing an individual shelf for the top bunks and separate reading lights would be fantastic.

original SF house, feels nearly like a bigger homestay, nice atmosphere. i only stayed overnight so can't comment on common areas / meeting people, but there's free wifi and usually people chilling around reception and the front door. couldn't try the free breakfast but they even seem to have pancakes. we had an ensuite bathroom with our 4-bed dorm, which was very nice.

A bit too expensive, liked it, good atmosphere, cosy, hard to climb up the bunk beds

View all San Francisco Hostels