Amsterdam Hostel Reviews

749 Taylor Street, San Francisco, USA

The hostel is in downtown, but there is a huge number of homeless people in the streets. I didn´t fell well and safe in this area. There wasn´t enough chargers in the room anyway my stay here was good, people were nice and staff too.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

it was nice place for 1person and soundproofing was terrible. i could hear people talk all night.. and my room window's curtain was broken ... Other than this was good free wi fi , breakfast, coffee and location Thanks

• 7th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Breakfast could be improved as there are only pancakes. Other than value for money.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Bathroom per room is massive bonus. Beds not particularly comfortable but nothing awful. Location good, 5 mins from Union square and able to walk to the piers if dont want to take the bus! Good secure luggage storage. Don't rely on the breakfast didn't seem to be much but maybe we were a bit early!

This was my second stay and I enjoyed it like the last time. Nice staff, really good location and everything you need. Also the rooms get cleaned everyday. I recommend staying here.

I can see why its called the Amsterdam. The feel of the place is very similar to a hostel you would see in Amsterdam itself. Its a nice place in a good location. It is kept clean but i think the rooms need a little more attention. Our shower didnt work and we had to use one down the hall which wasnt too much of a hassle but i think they could show the room a bit more love. Overall i would recommend it.

good hostel, location not far from Union Square

Great little hostel, Easier if they did a different breakfast - pancakes good though when not waiting to make them ! Great location, cheap, cheerful Maybe need to assign beds - got in at midnight...no idea which bed was free etc

Receptionist was friendly, informative, helpful, accurate, and businesslike. Excellent value and location. (The walk from California Street cable car is steep. -Welcome to SF.) My six person dorm was more spacious than many hostels and it had a window over the street giving good light. With windows closed, noise was not a problem. Wi-fi a bit week in the room but usable. Lockers in room were larger than some I have seen. Prepared free breakfast was simply coffee and pancake batter.

• 21st Mar 2015

Very clean! Highly recommended

I couldn't get wifi in the room, no place charge my laptop, phone in the room. It's not really clean and the smell in the hostel is awful

• 21st Mar 2015
  • China

Took place since I was only there for 3 nights and knew I would be out early and home late. Location is ok but once inside it is quite shabby. Ripped up couch in lobby, garbage pails overflowing for 2 days, how hard is it to empty garbage? Room was dark, desk lamp had no bulb and was defective anyway. Closet door no knob. Slight odor. Dresser had dangling piece and was so old that drawers opened only after much fiddling with. Very low end, good for kids with lil cash to spend.

• 20th Mar 2015

The Staff stole my backpack!!!

Thanks a bunch for a great experience!

A good place to live in. Have pancakes for breakfast, while you have to make it by yourself. The place is quite, close to union square and Chinatown

• 14th Mar 2015
  • China

Staff are nice and helpful.

There was a bad smell in the room. One would enjoy a fresh smell of cleanness.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Mongolia

I spent goot time.I can make many friends in this hostel!!

We stayed for four nights in a double room. For San Francisco the price was pretty good, especially if you consider the great location! The only thing we disliked was the high amount hostelworld.com suprisingly charged us for this booking! Better call the hostel directly and ask for a room :)

• 8th Mar 2015

Luggage room not great. Everything else is exactly what you'd expect from hostel. Good place :)

• 6th Mar 2015