Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Our two nights were excellent, rooms are small but it's well organized, breakfast is huge, staff is really nice and they helped us a lot when we asked them advices to go to Leiden by bike ! Good location : near to the train station and the city center. Living on a boat is original and cool.

really enjoyed the stay, staff is perfect, the rooms could not be cleaner and there's a lot to choose of for breakfast. it's a good 10 mins walk into the city center and train station, approx. 30 mins to the rijksmuseum. would definitely return to this place in case of another stay in amsterdam.

A lovely stay on the Hotelboat. Would highly recommend this to others and will stay here again if I am in Amsterdam. Hosts were very pleasant and the breakfasts were great. The boat is close to town which saved us money on transport costs.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

Good: - cheap for an expensive city like amsterdam - About 5-8 min walk to Amsterdam Centraal station which makes this an accessible and af stay -Breakfast is fantastic with nice atmosphere To consider: -The twin room is small and may be crammed for those with luggages or hugh backpacks - may not be suitable for light sleepers as wooden floor creaks pretty loudly when late night partygoers come back

• 21st Oct 2013
  • Singapore

It's very very basic!but we just wanted some where to lay our heads and get a shower it suited us!breakfast was lovely, typical continental you're only a ten minute walk from central station, red light district, but the area your in is very quite At night so ur not woke up much.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

We spent a very good time on the Hotelboat! The staff was very friendly and helpful, they let us have breakfast long after breakfast time was over and never stressed us. They also gave a lot of useful information on where to go in Amsterdam. Plus the boat is very cosy and you can relax nicely on the deck. Only some other guests were disturbingly loud in the morning, the walls are very thin. It has also to be noted that the rooms are really narrow and the beds tiny.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Austria

wonderful place to chill out by the docks, sleeping on the water. breakfast is good unless you're a vegan, like me. overall I felt it was worth the money.

Absolutely fantastic place to stay in Amsterdam. Close to all local sights and attractions with a fantastic price. Staff where excellent help offering tips and directions. Definitely would recommend!

• 17th Oct 2013

awesome stay, its a boat so of course it's a tiny room, dude it's a boat. I left early and the front desk staff made me a to go bag full of goodies because i would miss breakfast. would stay again in a heartbeat.

Great hostel, staff very kindly. The position is very central, nearest the central station and the city center. The boat was always clean, also the shared bathroom; the rooms are small, but it's normal because it's a ship. Good breakfast and there is tea available all the day in the hall. If i'll go to amsterdam another time i will go surely to this hotel again

I am sorry that my answer did not get through it was sent 17th Sept. i was very happy to share my enjoyable stay at the AMSTERDAM BOAT HOTEL , My only gripe was the thin walls between the rooms .It was most amusing and not to private, I am 'of course MUCH OLDER than most of the other visitors. I enjoyed being there just the same .and I HAVE suggested to a number of others that I met that it was a very good clean and cheerful place..

• 13th Oct 2013

Very nice But the room a little bit small and the limited time of wifi using

Friendly Staff,clean rooms and great location to central station and the main parts of Amsterdam city centre. Breakfast was cereal,meats,cheese,bread and tea and juice which was more than enough to get me started each morning. Staff always willing to help out with directions to places and general enquiries,I'd stay here again if travelling alone to Amsterdam!

• 8th Oct 2013

Friendly reception. Location is approx 10 min easy walk to and from station and it was a nice atmosphere on the boat. Great value for money and a nice breakfast selection too. Highly recommended!

• 5th Oct 2013

Great location (and very good explanation on hostelworld how to get there). Superatmospheric! The staff is helpful and friendly, breakfast was really good. The ship is not new, that is why all the facilities look a bit worn out, but that does not matter if you spend there only a night. Thanks a lot!

Small rooms, but really cosy. You can use the lower bed to sleep together which is a bit wider than the upper one. We didn't care about the noise (we knew that before from the reviews here and I don't think it is that bad as some people write). Everything clean, located close to the city center, nice staff and good price. I would stay here again!

We had a great stay at the Hotelboat. The staff were very welcoming, the rooms were comfortable and the shared facilities, including bar, dining area and deck were really comfortable and had a really convivial atmosphere.

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Rooms are small, not like shown in the pictures. The internet connection was not good at all, they turn it on at 11am. The bathroom stinks. When we arrived, we give advice about our early check out, but when we were leaving, there was nobody to receive the key and gave us the deposit back... Breakfast is good!

a bed for the night, but noisy from early on, even with ear plugs!

• 13th Sep 2013

It was indeed value for money. Nice owners, very helpful and friendly. The place is well kept, clean rooms, shared toilets and dining area. The only thing is the noise, I think sleep is impossible until 2 or 3am. Maybe that is also the reason why breakfast starts at 830am. Since it is a hostel and people have early agenda to get out, that time is too late. I missed 2nd day breakfast. The first day I tried to wait but almost missed my 9am tour. Also, checkout time of 11am is too early.

• 13th Sep 2013