Amsterdam Hotelboat Reviews

Postbus 16645, Oosterdok, pier n 5, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fantastic location in close proximity to both town and the centraal train station. The host was fantastic - really friendly and helpful. Made our stay great. Only catch is that, as a boat, the walls are quite thin so you can hear everything happening on the boat. Otherwise our stay was perfect!

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Very nice place. I've just chosen it for the second time. I'd definitely recommend it to my friends.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Very friendly and helpful staff!

My sister and I stayed on the boat for 3 nights and had a fantastic time. The room may have been small but it was spotless and the bunks were very comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and filling, and there was tea and coffee on tap all day. The two members of staff we met were incredibly helpful and ready to offer advice and tips. We even had a packed breakfast left out as we left before breakfast on our last day. Definitely recommend the boat and will more than likely be back!

Very friendly staff and a nice location just away from the hustle of the Centraal station. The cabins are small, just like on a boat - no complaints there. The 50 MB limit on free wi-fi is a let down, but understandably so since it works on a mobile network.

Stayed just for a day, really nice experience and really close to the city center. Was worth the money!

• 4th Sep 2015
  • India

It was just as described in most of the reviews.

• 29th Aug 2015

I cannot say enough good things about this hostel. Granted, it is on a boat, so don't expect a lot of space, but the value was excellent! Great view of the city on the pier, awesome advice for sightseeing from the captain and cook and all the amenities you need right on deck. Great value- I enjoyed it!

An amazing boat!! We had a lovely stay and I recommend this place to everyone!

• 2nd Jul 2015

A lovely place to stay. No air conditioning in the rooms so the heat wave was quite an ordeal — had a good laugh about it with the other guests, though.

Had a great time there! Very helpful staff, good location (close to everything and not noisy at all) and clean bathrooms. No wi-fi in my room but it didn't really matter.

• 28th Jun 2015

Is a wonderful place to stay in Amsterdam, very relaxing and comfortable.

The rooms are quite small but what do expect for a boat. Everything was very clean and we slept with ear plugs to avoid the noise. The rooms did get quite warm overnight but for the price it was fine. The owners were very friendly. It was great to experience something of this kind.

Not a five-star location -- it's a fair walk from the main attractions -- but much-more-than-adequate beds, washrooms, and breakfast. A few things to keep in mind: * Look for the dock with "Amsterdam" as one of the ships. Should be the first one you pass. * Pot/drugs are forbidden aboard * "Free wifi" = 50 Mb. In other words, look elsewhere if you plan to watch some SpongeBob under the influence. Otherwise it's definitely workable.

Great experience to stay on boat. Nice breakfast. Only drawback is room is really small.

People working here (I think it was the owner and his wife) are really helpful and friendly, and they make you feel welcome. Only problem with the place is the noise, and I don't mean the party noise or something like that, but since it's a boat you can clearly hear steps and so on. But after around 1am it gets pretty quiet.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

Absolutely amazing! One of the best hostel/hotel's i have ever stayed in, definitely coming back!

• 22nd May 2015

Honestly one of the best Hotels I have stayed in, the atmosphere suited me and my friend really well and it was a really enjoyable experience. The beds were comfy and the choices for breakfast were delicious. The location is just perfect, especially when the sun is setting. The owner was just very lovely and approachable. There were also excellent maps provided and just an all round fantastic stay here.

• 18th May 2015
  • Scotland

Beds were very unconfortable and the location is a bit far but renting a bike does the job. Room was very small so the room has very little air since the window is small and 2 people stays in a small room that has small window. The view from the window was very nice. However, Breakfast was not good, we had the breakfast only first day and we had to eat somewhere else because it was bad.for the other days. As a result if you are looking for comfy spot skip all of the boat hotels.

• 18th May 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very cool staying on a boat in the Amsterdam canals! It's about a 10 minute walk to Central station and a 15 minute walk to other busier districts in the city. The boat was very clean and well run. The rooms were a cozy 2m square in size with a top and bottom bunk. My wife and I slept comfortably on the bottom bunk together. Breakfast included bread, butter, jam, cheese, sandwich meat, cereal, yogurt, milk, coffee and tea. There was a little shop in the reception area that sold beer and wine.

View all Amsterdam Bed and Breakfasts